Star Wars: The Old Republic - Out now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks! ugh their emails come in late sometimes. When I got invited to early access, I found out from the testers page instead of via email.

Emails are supposed to be sent out throughout the day. However I was able to login just now, so who knows if you're bound to wait for that email if you registered early enough.

[quote name='Draekon']Emails are supposed to be sent out throughout the day. However I was able to login just now, so who knows if you're bound to wait for that email if you registered early enough.[/QUOTE]

When did you preorder?

[quote name='Frogurt.man']When did you preorder?[/QUOTE]

July 21st, early morning when they first went up. Friend got in who registered at 8AM that morning that I know of so far.

Yep, I'm at work now too. However I managed to get up to level 7 or so before I left. Since I was partied the entire time the social points just kept going up which is nice.

EDIT: I'm also angry that I can't name my Sith Inquisitor Healer "Sorcha" as it gives a "Name Invalid" at character creation on all the servers I tried. I guess that's the name of some important NPC. Worked fine in the beta of course.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok so why was I able to log in last night and not right now? wtf Bioware pisses me off so much. Now it's asking me for a security question I KNEW but it's not working. They have an option to reset password but none for this bullshit?! I reset my password thinking I could reset this question. Now their making me call Customer service and it's busy and not going through

I'm not even sure why you were able to log in last night, unless you meant patch the game but not "Play" as it should have been darked out. I also believe you mentioned earlier that you recently added the early access code, so you likely can't "Play" yet anyways. Regardless though, welcome to the world of being dicked by EA. I think your account auto-unlocks after a while for missing a security question but it's retarded you have to call support to get it unlocked right away.

Well it was only 3-4 weeks after launch that I entered my code and this is the first time I ever even seen this security question. Last night I was able to log in my forum account and the launcher and now it's asking me the security question....

Just got my email. I bought/registered Day 1, I think, maybe the second day. It's timestamped like 3 hours ago, but it just hit my inbox.

[FONT=Arial, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]The moment we've all been waiting for is finally here. Early Game Access* has started, and you can now begin your adventure. To start playing, click on the button below and follow the steps outlined on the page. Welcome to your Star Wars™ saga.[/FONT]
spacer_1_1.gif

Emailed them to reset it, surprisingly they responded within 15 minutes of making the ticket. Now they are making me CALL their customer service which is flooded with idiots who probably want to know when their getting in and asking stupid questions.

It's been busy ALL morning...

[quote name='Draekon']You bought a game?![/QUOTE]

I thought the same thing. I'm sure he preordered it but is going to cancel his preorder at the last minute just so he can play for free for this week or some bullshit like that.

Well they have one more wave to go and some people who preordered on July 27th said they got in on wave three. My fingers are crossed my dumbass gets in on wave four today. I didn't link my preorder till the 30th of July.

I ordered my second copy on July 27th and haven't gotten in on that one yet. The copy I ordered about 30-60 minutes of preorders going up was in on first wave.

According to Stephen Reid on the official forums:

Hey everyone, good morning and welcome to the first day of Early Game Access for Star Wars: The Old Republic!

We're granting access based solely on when people's pre-orders were redeemed, and we're going to be granting it in 'waves' - large batches of emails and game entitlements that will go out over the course of today (and tomorrow, and the next day, and so on).

I'll be updating this thread (and this post) as we send out more 'waves' of invites.

So far today, we have sent out two 'waves' of invites; we will be sending more later on, but I cannot be specific on timing. (Why? Because as we invite each wave, we monitor to see how servers are performing and so on. If everything is good, we'll send a 'wave' earlier; we in fact sent 'wave 2' ahead of schedule. So cross your fingers.)

Now, to the question you all have: when will you be invited? Well, I cannot be specific to individuals or even to dates, because again, we have to remain flexible. That said, I can talk a little about the pattern of pre-orders.

At the very beginning of pre-orders, which started on July 21st, we had a massive influx of pre-orders. A huge spike. After that, things settled down. As a result, today especially, you're going to see a fairly narrow band of dates from those admitted to Early Game Access. From tomorrow, it'll spread out to a wider date range.

That's about as specific as we're going to get right now. However, as we send more waves I'll update this thread/post with more information. Thanks for your patience - we know it's been a long road, but you'll be playing before too long.

However some people are saying they got invited despite putting in their pre-order code later. They've also already sent out a third wave and there is still one last fourth wave for today. Man the servers are going to get slammed this afternoon/evening.

EDIT: Wow, they're now doing five waves today. Way for them to stick to their word yet again. Fourth wave was just sent and they're expecting to send another later. Once everybody gets home from school or work, I want to see if the servers crumble. Should be an amusing sight.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Draekon']EDIT: Wow, they're now doing five waves today. Way for them to stick to their word yet again. Fourth wave was just sent and they're expecting to send another later. Once everybody gets home from school or work, I want to see if the servers crumble. Should be an amusing sight.[/QUOTE]

I hope not! Although if servers are down tonight it'll give me one more day to play WoW before I give my life to SWTOR.

Thanks for that tip this morning Draekon. Couldn't get in when I got the email but launcher let me login just fine. Made 2 toons and I think I will make a 3rd when I get home. Parked my 2 in the cantina to net some rest xp for when I play tonight hehe. Work sucks!

Okay, I should have access, but it won't let me get in! I got the email this morning, and when I tried to download the game client, it brings up an installation box, but goes away after I say that I'll allow it to make changes to my computer. What is going on? I really want to play! Have had this preordered and redeemed since 8:00 AM Day 1. Can anyone help?

[quote name='Mr Dude65']Okay, I should have access, but it won't let me get in! I got the email this morning, and when I tried to download the game client, it brings up an installation box, but goes away after I say that I'll allow it to make changes to my computer. What is going on? I really want to play! Have had this preordered and redeemed since 8:00 AM Day 1. Can anyone help?[/QUOTE]

They have stickies up in their forum to help you with this, there's many people with your problem.

And as for me, a lot of people are also getting asked security questions they never even heard of. Maybe that's one of the many reasons their customer service number is down -_- BS they won't respond to my email, they want me to call -_-

[quote name='Mr Dude65']Okay, I should have access, but it won't let me get in! I got the email this morning, and when I tried to download the game client, it brings up an installation box, but goes away after I say that I'll allow it to make changes to my computer. What is going on? I really want to play! Have had this preordered and redeemed since 8:00 AM Day 1. Can anyone help?[/QUOTE]

Like Gannikus said, there is a thread in the official forums that semi-addresses the install issue. For me I think the issue was fraps, which when closed works fine. However I had to close out a ton of stuff during the beta (in my taskbar and running processes) until I was able to install it. Total pain in the ass.

Second, you should have preloaded. ;)

Been playing all morning. The game seems to have fixed the major issues from when I played beta, and even has some convenience improvements that I really like. Like Quick Travel allowing you to teleport to any bind point, and moving commendations to a separate tab in your inventory.

[quote name='Draekon']Like Gannikus said, there is a thread in the official forums that semi-addresses the install issue. For me I think the issue was fraps, which when closed works fine. However I had to close out a ton of stuff during the beta (in my taskbar and running processes) until I was able to install it. Total pain in the ass.

Second, you should have preloaded. ;)[/QUOTE]

How does one do that? This is my first foray into PC gaming, so any help would be awesome!

Oh well 5 waves and I didn't get in. There is always the 15th(maybe). I'm surprised they didn't get through the entire month of July with this first day of Early Access. Must of been
a ton of preorders.

[quote name='Mr Dude65']How does one do that? This is my first foray into PC gaming, so any help would be awesome![/QUOTE]

In your task bar in the bottom right. Begin right clicking shit and saying "Exit" or "Close". Also make sure no other windows are open. If that isn't it, then try installing it in Safe mode with networking as it only loads what Windows needs to run and operate. Then you can go back into normal Windows and run the launcher.

[quote name='Draekon']In your task bar in the bottom right. Begin right clicking shit and saying "Exit" or "Close". Also make sure no other windows are open. If that isn't it, then try installing it in Safe mode with networking as it only loads what Windows needs to run and operate. Then you can go back into normal Windows and run the launcher.[/QUOTE]

I'll try that. How do you run a program in safe mode? I really need to learn more about computers...

Closing stuff didn't work. I need to play soooo bad!

[quote name='Mr Dude65']I'll try that. How do you run a program in safe mode? I really need to learn more about computers...

Closing stuff didn't work. I need to play soooo bad![/QUOTE]

Turn off the computer. Then wait a bit to be sure it's off. Then turn it on and start tapping F8 until you reach an "Advance Boot Options" screen where you can select "Safe Mode with Networking". It'll look like shit, but it's bare bones Windows used for troubleshooting purposes among other things. Just try to run the installer in there and see if that works. Once done (successful or not), just restart the computer and it'll restart back into Normal Windows again.

There's a way to do it without doing this, however doing it this way is easier for people who don't know what processes do what when killing processes that could be causing the installer to die partway through. Then there are other things like temporarily disabling your anti-virus and such too.

[quote name='Draekon']Turn off the computer. Then wait a bit to be sure it's off. Then turn it on and start tapping F8 until you reach an "Advance Boot Options" screen where you can select "Safe Mode with Networking". It'll look like shit, but it's bare bones Windows used for troubleshooting purposes among other things. Just try to run the installer in there and see if that works. Once done (successful or not), just restart the computer and it'll restart back into Normal Windows again.

There's a way to do it without doing this, however doing it this way is easier for people who don't know what processes do what when killing processes that could be causing the installer to die partway through. Then there are other things like temporarily disabling your anti-virus and such too.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, man! I'll give it a shot!

If it doesn't work, your best bet is to use the official forums or call/email their support (which is probably over capacity on phone calls). I doubt any of us know a whole lot about what's blocking it outside of personal experience.

@Mr dude
Maybe try to run as an admin?

There's tons of people complaining in their forums and flooding the phone lines...Someone called 120 times, and there I thought 20 was considered a lot when I called -_- most of us probably won't even be able to get in till thursday or friday :[

[quote name='Gannikus']@Mr dude
Maybe try to run as an admin?

There's tons of people complaining in their forums and flooding the phone lines...Someone called 120 times, and there I thought 20 was considered a lot when I called -_- most of us probably won't even be able to get in till thursday or friday :[[/QUOTE]

Tried that... I emailed them, so maybe they can help. Otherwise, I guess I'm SOL until my CE ships... fucking EA and their "format".

Holy shit, +1 for Amazon. And yay, today is my last day of work until after Christmas. Well, except that pseudo work day next Tuesday where I go on-site to a client for some stuff.

Got to lvl 11 in one night. Yay for beta experience. Maybe I can hit 20 by weekend. Get some pew-pew in with my space ship.

Just changed my shipping speed from Standard to One Day, hopefully I'm not too late and it'll ship tomorrow. I really don't want to lose any play time due to my CE not getting here by the 20th.

Whoever made up the idea to make people CALL to reset their never before seen security question should be fired -_- not only do they got retards calling to see when they'll get in, some of us actually need to call about our account issues -_- called 40 times and managed to get on hold....15 mins wait so far -_-

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back