Starcraft 2 Beta Codes at GAMESTOP with Pre-order

Apathetic-Irony

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Gamestop is giving out Starcraft 2 Beta Codes when you pre-order Starcraft 2. This means you can get into the beta for $5.

Codes are still going for over $80 on ebay, so if this doesn't catch on, you could probably turn this around for profit too.

I just did this about an hour ago.
[quote name='evenfl0w']It's on the main page of Gamestop's site now.

Reserve StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty and receive an invitation to the StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty beta. Available online and in-store while supplies last. Once you recieve your Beta Code your order cannot be canceled.
Online Customers (web delivery): A code and instructions on how to join the beta will be emailed within 1 business day of when your order was placed.

In-Store Pickup Customers: Please wait 24 hours after your order is placed, then proceed to your store to pick up your beta code.

Store Customers: A beta code will be printed on your pre-order receipt.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='Hydro2Oxide'][quote name='help1']If I preorder this in store, can I cancel it later?[/QUOTE]No. After you get the beta key you're locked in but it only costs 5 dollars.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='spincut']In case it helps, I just called GS (for a seperate primary reason) and they did indeed confirm that the beta key offer only extends to basically yesterday, maybe the day before that, but it is not totally retroactive.
[/QUOTE]

My order was April 8th. I got my code today at 10 am. So it is pretty retroactive I'd say.

[quote name='Arakias']My order was April 8th. I got my code today at 10 am. So it is pretty retroactive I'd say.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Renaissance 2K']Just got my Beta key, and I ordered a while ago, so there's hope for you early pre-orderers.[/QUOTE]

Grr, ok what, you gotta be kidding me....me=yesterday=no key, darnit!

Oh well, push comes to shove I will just call tommorow if it still hasn't turned up, still, this doesn't make a whole lot of sense at this point then....

[quote name='paintball745']are you people telling them you applied the 25off code also? All I said was "I pre-ordered S.C.2 and I got my beta key but have not gotten the bonus free 3 day shipping can you please apply it?" and it worked fine.[/QUOTE]

I called and the woman said she refunded the $4.99 collector's shipping fee, but my order hasn't reflected this change yet...

I dont know what gamestop is talking about. I just checked my email and received a key (around 8:30am), and i ordered the collectors edition on gamestop.com. I placed the order on 4/8 with the 25% off code.

I just got my key, only to get the "already claimed" message. Just emailed them back. I better get a new key. GameStop needs to either improve their system so they don't send duplicates or stop employees from stealing the keys. I shouldn't have to deal with this crap.

[quote name='yami4ct']I just got my key, only to get the "already claimed" message. Just emailed them back. I better get a new key. GameStop needs to either improve their system so they don't send duplicates or stop employees from steeling the keys. I shouldn't have to deal with this crap.[/QUOTE]
I got that today and was told they are while supplies last but they put me on the list again so i may get a new one but that i also should contact blizzard.

[quote name='yami4ct']I just got my key, only to get the "already claimed" message. Just emailed them back. I better get a new key. GameStop needs to either improve their system so they don't send duplicates or stop employees from steeling the keys. I shouldn't have to deal with this crap.[/QUOTE]

Wow..weird. I am having the same problem. Has this happened to anyone else? I got my beta key over e-mail, in case you're wondering.

I just got a 2nd e-mail with 2 replacement keys for the originals keys I never received and that, when re-emailed had come up as used. Now the keys from the 2nd e-mail are both coming up as used too ... wtf

I've sent an email over to blizzard just to be safe. I will be getting a key. If not, I'm defiantly going to be complaining to GameStop support and Blizzard about how poorly this promotion was handled.

Update on my situation. I got my Beta Key after calling but I am going to try to get my shipping price reduced through email so I can explain things better.

[quote name='Fatsobob']Update on my situation. I got my Beta Key after calling but I am going to try to get my shipping price reduced through email so I can explain things better.[/QUOTE]

Wait you called and got a key? I mean, I figured they wouldnt be handing them out that way, and they told me today to wait another day BECAUSE I ordered it yesterday....why did they give you one?

on the phone with gamestop now.
Rep says blizz sent out duplicate codes and that they are sending me a new code.
CALL THEM
not just gamestop got hit by this snaffu
I am getting a new key within 24hours
blizz prob wont help you according to the rep.
its all done through GS

Well I just got mine! I was on the master list and should have likely got it this morning but I guess the faulty keys or some such or whatever made it so they didnt email me, or they claim they DID but I didnt get it.

Anyway thanks GS, you guys haven't fixed an issue for me so nice and tidy for a while, I am impressed.

Just bought the CE edition online. The 25% off code was applied when I checked out, then it disappeared on the order confirmation page. Called GS up, they said the code isn't working with Starcraft CE and that they're trying to fix it, but if they don't then I'm out of luck. Good times.

I've seen like 6 different people claim their code did not work. WTF Is there a way to check without using the key? Because I plan on selling mine on craigslist or trading it.

I called GS about changing my order to the CE but they said 25OFF will not work on preorders anymore, it was never meant to. Now I would check this myself but I still have 25off and 10auto stacked in my cart. But can anyone confirm 25off no longer works on preorders? They did give me 3 day shipping on my order.

Just got an email from GameStop with a new code while I was still on hold with Blizzard. Luckily, the code work, but that means no word on if Blizzard will be able to help the others that are having the same issue.

i just went on to battle.net and mine worked fine, but I preordered like 2 weeks ago. I am wondering if the second round of codes that went out were bad or something.

I am still waiting for them to adjust my shipping to free. I ordered 2 CE's and I had overnight for $22. I called to have them change it to free 3 day and now it is showing 3 day but still $22. He said it would take 24-48 hours to update though because a manager had to do it.

[quote name='rampageric77']I have a key that I will sell for $15, PM me if interested, I had a beta key already and am in no need of the one gamestop emailed me today.[/QUOTE]

Why would anyone pay $15 for one when they could get one with a $5 pre-order?

Some people, I swear.

For people having trouble getting the 25% off code to show up on two items with the CE this is what I did. I kept hitting refresh on my browser on the "View Cart" screen until the cart showed 25% off deducted from both items. Then on the shipping page where you select a shipping method, I again kept hitting refresh until the shipping cost for Ground was 5.99 instead of 7.99. Then finally on the page where you enter in your credit card, I once again kept hitting refresh until my total cost was reduced. I managed to get the CE and a 2.99 set of universal Rock Band Drum Covers for $87 after tax. I'm e-mailing the help address to see if they can reduce my shipping cost to $0 but if they can't I at least saved a couple bucks off buying from Amazon AND I get into the beta. Not too bad if I say so myself. Would of been nice to have the no tax, but you can't have everything.

[quote name='J7.']I've seen like 6 different people claim their code did not work. WTF Is there a way to check without using the key? Because I plan on selling mine on craigslist or trading it.[/QUOTE]Is there a way to check, or is the only way to check by creating an account?

[quote name='J7.']I've seen like 6 different people claim their code did not work. WTF Is there a way to check without using the key? Because I plan on selling mine on craigslist or trading it.

I called GS about changing my order to the CE but they said 25OFF will not work on preorders anymore, it was never meant to. Now I would check this myself but I still have 25off and 10auto stacked in my cart. But can anyone confirm 25off no longer works on preorders? They did give me 3 day shipping on my order.[/QUOTE]

Just give me the code and I'll check for you...;)

WTF, It said $90.00 after I tried several times (for the CE and Fable 2).
Then I put my card in and hit purchase, and its up to $120 on my confirmation.
Those bastards...

[quote name='Burchamj']How long after our order do they send the codes? if u just ordered it now?[/QUOTE]

I ordered it early this morning (April 21st) and it took about 12 hours.

[quote name='aznguyen316']beta client is slow as hell, so it's best if you just use a download mirror and then update via the client. fyi

~6hrs vs 1hr download[/QUOTE]

800kb/s down... it's not too bad

I guess I could've sold my code but goddamn, I've been waiting for too long.

[quote name='J7.']I've seen like 6 different people claim their code did not work. WTF Is there a way to check without using the key? Because I plan on selling mine on craigslist or trading it.

I called GS about changing my order to the CE but they said 25OFF will not work on preorders anymore, it was never meant to. Now I would check this myself but I still have 25off and 10auto stacked in my cart. But can anyone confirm 25off no longer works on preorders? They did give me 3 day shipping on my order.[/QUOTE]

best you can do is probably set up a dummy bnet account just for the beta?

ordered the CE on the 11th with 25off first code I was e-mail was sadly "already claimed" called and e-mailed them was sent a new code around 10 while napping yay.

my total ended up as 74.99 + 19.98 = $94.97, no tax yet though, little scared as to what that may end up as after canceling the $0.99 not paying 15$ shipping for a 0.99 game
stupid $20 S&H guess I can try to get a refund on the extra $5 charge, but stilled seemed like a good deal

[quote name='DustoMan']For people having trouble getting the 25% off code to show up on two items with the CE this is what I did. I kept hitting refresh on my browser on the "View Cart" screen until the cart showed 25% off deducted from both items. Then on the shipping page where you select a shipping method, I again kept hitting refresh until the shipping cost for Ground was 5.99 instead of 7.99. Then finally on the page where you enter in your credit card, I once again kept hitting refresh until my total cost was reduced. I managed to get the CE and a 2.99 set of universal Rock Band Drum Covers for $87 after tax. I'm e-mailing the help address to see if they can reduce my shipping cost to $0 but if they can't I at least saved a couple bucks off buying from Amazon AND I get into the beta. Not too bad if I say so myself. Would of been nice to have the no tax, but you can't have everything.[/QUOTE]

so basically ur finaly charge was 87$? (after u press the purchase button)

because I'm pretty sure everyone have this problem as well =/

I ordered the Collectors Edition and Batman Arkham Asylum, decided I didn't want the collectors edition about 20 minutes later and canceled the order. Batman went away, SC2 did not, this morning starcraft 2 was gone (about 12 hours) and I have the beta key in my inbox.

gg gamestop.

I think I am going to wait for it on the blizzard store, or order two normal editions with the 25 percent off.

fucking shit I guess I'll just have to enter the beta. Also shitty that they scan your computer and look at all your shit. We don't know everything their looking at. Shit shitty shit.

Hehe, guess I spoke too soon. I preordered the CE about 2 weeks ago, got an email today from Gamestop with a code. ^^

Edit: Tried adding the code onto Battle.net account.. says it's already been claimed. WTF?

[quote name='MugenNoKaze']Hehe, guess I spoke too soon. I preordered the CE about 2 weeks ago, got an email today from Gamestop with a code. ^^

Edit: Tried adding the code onto Battle.net account.. says it's already been claimed. WTF?[/QUOTE]

I pre-ordered the CE on 4/8 and haven't gotten anything yet. Is the email directly from Blizzard or Gamestop? I want to know what to look for when I stare at my email inbox, or at my Junk/Spam folder.

[quote name='menikmati']I pre-ordered the CE on 4/8 and haven't gotten anything yet. Is the email directly from Blizzard or Gamestop? I want to know what to look for when I stare at my email inbox.[/QUOTE]

The email is from Gamestop.

I received my code but i guess the US servers are having problems. I'm having problems connecting to games and even logging in, so for those of you without codes yet you aren't missing much.

I pre-ordered the regular edition SC2 a couple weeks ago with the 25% off $100 deal. Got the code for the Beta today. Checked my Gamestop account and the "Cancel" button has disappeared from my SC2 pre-order. Not that I was thinking of cancelling, but I don't like random things going on without giving me a chance to opt-out. I'm already in the Beta for a while now.

bread's done
Back