Starcraft Game Arrangement Thread. Also, buy House of the Dead: Overkill

[quote name='jarvis307']i'm home sick and in for a game :)

signing on west: jarvis307[/QUOTE]

I am downloading the latest verison of BNet.

Join channel CAG when you get on though.

Okay, you know what? I just ran a tournament five seconds ago.

Darren won.

I'll run another tournament right now.

Darren won.

EDIT: Goin' to get Starcraft now. But I do this for AIUR, NOT YOU!
Shame there's no EB or anythin' near where I live. Gotta go across the river...

I'd play, but I have Smash/Street Fighter concerns already I'm afraid.

Also I have to cook dinner.

Also, TC: Why in the hell did I get a "News for Canadian Gamers" from Nintendo today? How did you get my e-mail address you jerk?

Okay, I've got it now, but I wouldn't count on seeing me around - either on Bnet or on CAG - for the next week. Keep organizing games, people! And buy House of the Dead!

I would use PMs if I knew who all played SC. >.>

We need a list...come to think of it I think that is what the OP is for..

Regardless! There are some name changes/new faces.

We need a new roster.

I will try to get one going when I get baack from work.

Take care,
Seth

i went 1-6 on iccup yesterday. god i suck.

i keep doing a terrible job of checking expansions and macroing. =(

[quote name='kainzero']i went 1-6 on iccup yesterday. god i suck.

i keep doing a terrible job of checking expansions and macroing. =([/QUOTE]

well the new season just started, so you'll be playing against like A or B rank players at the D level. I've been playing in hopes of getting a game with a Korean pro-gamer but I don't think I've had much luck with that yet

i would hate playing a korean pro-gamer
i can't even beat a scrub gamer, it wouldn't be any fun playing for 3 minutes.

my timing feels awful and i don't feel like my macro is good at all. i lose my TvP games because i don't know how to attack the 3rd, i lose my TvZ because i get confused after the muta harass and my macro kinda falls apart and i don't know what to do, how many rax to build, how many starports, and all thse crazy macro that follows. >

Anyone still trying to play?

I got a hankerin' to play some Starcraft over thanksgiving, and found out that my Windows 7 desktop isn't fully compatible. It'll play, but the colors are all wrong.

I'm thinking I'll try the full on XP compatibility mode (which is basically a well integrated XP VM) and see if I can get it working. Otherwise, I'll just repartition my drive and set up XP for the times I want to play ancient games.

I decided to pick up Warcraft III frozen throne again because I SC was busted.. if anyone's game to play that I'm battle.chicken there.. I think i've been playing on East.

This game is installed and I have every map, mod and total conversion ever released for it.

I play it at times when others online want to rock it.

Xfire - Megazell

My gaming times

Wednesday - 10:30 PM EST to 12:30 AM EST
Sunday - 10:30 PM EST to 12:30 AM EST

Hit me up and if I am not already in a multiplayer game with friends and family - I will tangle.

[quote name='The Crotch']Megazell, I'm likin' ya more an' more, comrade.[/QUOTE]

I kind of wonder if he's some sort of robot. From the future. With laser eyes. And thus, cannot be stealthed all the time, like some asshole Protoss jerks.

[quote name='The Crotch']Megazell, I'm likin' ya more an' more, comrade.[/QUOTE]

258uloj.jpg

[quote name='Strell']I kind of wonder if he's some sort of robot. From the future. With laser eyes. And thus, cannot be stealthed all the time, like some asshole Protoss jerks.[/QUOTE]

En Taro Adun, Mother fucker! \\:D/
2hrmkw1.jpg

[quote name='Megazell']
En Taro Adun, Mother fucker! \\:D/
[/QUOTE]

Goddammit, another one. You're behind this, aren't you TC?

BattleChicken, read through this topic, it might help you with your problems
http://www.sevenforums.com/gaming/2981-starcraft-fix-holy-cow.html

I would have the weird colors on the menus and stuff on my Win7 Pro, but 99% of the time the in-game colors were fine for me, so I never bothered trying to fix it (the colors in-game is all I care about!)

If anyone is interested, my school (UC Irvine) is in the semifinals of the Collegiate Starcraft League (http://www.cstarleague.com). Our match against UC San Diego is this coming Saturday at 4 PM PST.
I'll be playing in the first set :)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Strell']I kind of wonder if he's some sort of robot. From the future. With laser eyes. And thus, cannot be stealthed all the time, like some asshole Protoss jerks.[/QUOTE]
Observers are futuristic robots with perma-stealth. Maybe he's one of those?

[quote name='Oktoberfest']BattleChicken, read through this topic, it might help you with your problems
http://www.sevenforums.com/gaming/2981-starcraft-fix-holy-cow.html

I would have the weird colors on the menus and stuff on my Win7 Pro, but 99% of the time the in-game colors were fine for me, so I never bothered trying to fix it (the colors in-game is all I care about!)[/QUOTE]

I found that thread before I decided to try XP mode to fix the issues; But, ya' know.. I never actually tried to launch the game..! I stopped when all the menu screens had the color issues.

I'll reinstall in windows 7 this evening and see if I get the wonky colors in a skirmish or something. If I don't, I'll pop on and see who might be around.

If anyone's got links to solid map packs that you all use when you play, I'll pull those down ahead of time so I don't have to download them.

Protoss are the superior race Strell.

Man, I haven't played SC in years... I should reinstall it sometime. But I always played as Protoss.

[quote name='Lokki']Protoss are the superior race Strell.

Man, I haven't played SC in years... I should reinstall it sometime. But I always played as Protoss.[/QUOTE]

Protoss are the no joke race. Play them fast and they can be quite devastating.

I like playing SC a great deal but I get the most enjoyment from playing it at LAN parties. I like to meet my opponents in real life. Must be the table top gamer in me.

In any RTS I play, I always go random.. I don't know why...

That said, if my on-my-laptop-play over thanksgiving is any indication, I'm terrible with zerg now.

Alright then.. I re-installed SC and BW, and for whatever reason I don't get the wonky colors when I have the display window up, while I did before. I think SC:BW was installed on the box prior to the upgrade to Windows 7.. that may be it.

I played some FFAs against computer players last night, and while I won them all, I would imagine I'll be laughably bad against actual people.. I'm now spoiled by the idle peon button in War3...

[quote name='BattleChicken']Alright then.. I re-installed SC and BW, and for whatever reason I don't get the wonky colors when I have the display window up, while I did before. I think SC:BW was installed on the box prior to the upgrade to Windows 7.. that may be it.

I played some FFAs against computer players last night, and while I won them all, I would imagine I'll be laughably bad against actual people.. I'm now spoiled by the idle peon button in War3...[/QUOTE]

You're not the only one. Almost every RTS after SC has that button now. So sometimes I find myself playing SC and wondering why my workers are so quiet...right before I get annihilated.

I added everyone in the first post to my friend list, but I don't know anyone elses. this thread is 15 pages, so sifting through every post looking for names is difficult.

Anyone who's still playing want to post their b.net handle? Also, do you normally play on east or west?

[quote name='BattleChicken']I added everyone in the first post to my friend list, but I don't know anyone elses. this thread is 15 pages, so sifting through every post looking for names is difficult.

Anyone who's still playing want to post their b.net handle? Also, do you normally play on east or west?[/QUOTE]

Megazell in all things online.

East.

bread's done
Back