Starcraft Game Arrangement Thread. Also, buy House of the Dead: Overkill

1: Going on now.

2: God dammit, I tried to remove the Urban Dead stuff, and it forced me to shrink the text in my signature. Zealot speech was not meant to be in a mere size 2.

1: Here lies a broken man, who can no longer effectively control zerg. After getting my ass handed to me 3 times in a roll, time to call it a night.

2: Oi, i forgot about CAG's undead team, I need to see if im still alive in Urban Dead.

I'll be shutting the site down at the end of the month. Sad to see it go (it's one of my better design efforts), but if no one's using it, I don't see the point of keeping it around.

[quote name='blueshinra']I'll be shutting the site down at the end of the month. Sad to see it go (it's one of my better design efforts), but if no one's using it, I don't see the point of keeping it around.[/QUOTE]

yeah, thanks for making the site for us, man :):):)

chaoslauncher :)
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=65196

it's essential to use CPU Savior to reduce CPU usage

also LAN Lantecy is awesome, cause you can eliminate all lag that comes from playing on b.net as if you're playing on a LAN. Basically you put a #LL at the end of the game name, and your game will have LAN latency. Anyone that doesn't have chaoslauncher with LAN Latency turned on will be dropped from the game

sry it may seem like I'm advertising this but I never go on b.net without chaoslauncher on...

[quote name='The Crotch']Eh. Needed it for school. And it's not like I didn't bring my mouse and keyboard from home.[/QUOTE]

yep, that is indeed the way. Does it look bad because the laptop is widescreen? It's going to depend on which video card you have on there, but you can make it so SC isn't stretched out. I got a 8600M GT in my laptop, and I go to the NVIDIA control panel, hit the Change Flat Panel Scaling link, and choose the Nvidia scaling with fixed aspect ratio option. A friend's laptop with a 8400GS didn't have this option, I don't think.

[quote name='The Crotch']What race do you play?[/quote]
I always just stick with random. :) I suck at all of em.
Everytime I try to play I either get banned, or if it's a team game, my allies leave me because I'm a "noob".
:applause:Very friendly crowd over there in Starcraft. They love to help new players learn how to play.

[quote name='GAMERMASTERMAN']I always just stick with random. :) I suck at all of em.
Everytime I try to play I either get banned, or if it's a team game, my allies leave me because I'm a "noob".
:applause:Very friendly crowd over there in Starcraft. They love to help new players learn how to play.[/QUOTE]

well a lot of people play to win and feel like they don't have to deal with helping newer players with the game (which is totally in their right). It's a ten year old game, so lots of people don't expect there to be any new players playing

I personally don't mind having newbs on my team. I'll lose the game, but whatever. I usually give a couple tips to them if they're real bad. I just hate it when they don't listen to my tips or try to argue with me :cool:

[quote name='Oktoberfest']well a lot of people play to win and feel like they don't have to deal with helping newer players with the game (which is totally in their right). It's a ten year old game, so lots of people don't expect there to be any new players playing[/quote]
You would think though that when new players start playing an old game, the community would atleast accept them, to try to build upon the community. Not completely shun them.
I personally don't mind having newbs on my team. I'll lose the game, but whatever. I usually give a couple tips to them if they're real bad. I just hate it when they don't listen to my tips or try to argue with me :cool:
Yeah I can understand that. I'd be more than happy to take tips if they would give em. :)

I think I just give up trying to play online, I haven't even been able to finish a game, everyone leaves as soon as they notice a newb is playing. Even in the games that say "noobz only", I got banned...

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, Oktober's better than me, but I'd be happy to help you with what I can. Most of my advice is Protoss-centric (duh), but I'm not completely ignorant in the workings of the other races. Wanna schedule a game time?

[quote name='The Crotch']Well, Oktober's better than me, but I'd be happy to help you with what I can. Most of my advice is Protoss-centric (duh), but I'm not completely ignorant in the workings of the other races. Wanna schedule a game time?[/quote]Sure, I'm pretty much good for any time after 3 or so EST during the week, and after noon EST on weekends.

[quote name='The Crotch']EST, eh? Hmm. Well, let's see. 3:00 EST is... 1:00 Mountain? Hmm. How's, say. 7:00 Mountain/9:00 Eastern on Monday sound?[/quote]Sounds good. Just tell me the server name and I'll be there.

Wellll... I've got a frisbee game in a few hours, but I'm good to go right now, I think.

EDIT: Sonofabitch game refusing to patch...

Last edited by a moderator:
hey,
how do I join in to the tournaments and stuff? are you guys still doing that CAG League thing? let me know what to do, i havent played sc in a while and i want to get back into it. what you guys are doing seems fun :D

bread's done
Back