Starcraft Game Arrangement Thread. Also, buy House of the Dead: Overkill

No tournament anymore, sorry. We only did the one, and Oktoberfest pretty much kicked everyone's ass (though the Jarvis Vs Phoom games were fucking awesome to watch). It's just informal games now. I'd love to play right now, but SC has decided that it wants to be a fucking prick about things and not install the latest patch. Hit up Strell, Jarvis, CK64, Phoom, maybe Budge, Gamermasterman, etc. for games. As soon as I get this shit worked out, I'll be all over it like an X on Y.

[quote name='The Crotch']Wellll... I've got a frisbee game in a few hours, but I'm good to go right now, I think.

EDIT: Sonofabitch game refusing to patch...[/QUOTE]

hey I had some problems patching, too, so if you would post what your problem is specifically I might be able to offer a solution ^^

basically I had the problem where I would get some error talking about an .mpq file when I try to update through bnet. Manual patching will get me an error with StarEdit.exe. My solution was to update through bnet with chaoslauncher on (weird, I know)

I've heard of other people having problems where like the game wouldn't restart or something like that

Eh, reinstalled and it patched fine. Of course, not having my original CD key makes me a little nervous about my current setup, but... eh. Should be good to roll now. Gamermasterman, wanna schedule another game for tomorrow?

What's this? TC teaching people how to play SC?

Ho ho ho.

Here's an example of what you'll get after losing:

TC> Yeah. You know what you should have done? Played better.

:p

Actually, my main suggestion to you is to play Protoss, so I have a better understanding of what it is that you're doing. I don't know the proper timing for Terran builds at all.

Which, come to think of it, is something that only hurts me in the long run.

And as I recall in our last game, my suggestions were "use the unguarded gap behind the natural to attack" and "shuttle Tanks on to unreachable cliffs by the natural".

[quote name='The Crotch']Mm. Getting a little busy on my end. Try again tomorrow/later tonight. Sorry.[/quote]Sure, just tell me the time and I'll try my best to be there.

After I learned about the BS mineral hacks that were rampant in SC, I stopped playing. for kicks, I reinstalled SC. and noted in the .15 or .16 patch that they fixed it.

I may start playing again for a while.. that or I'll load up Warcraft III. I miss RTS games...

my disks were too scratched to install so i downloaded the full version off the blizzard store. i cannot update to 1.16 though. when i try to update by logging onto battle.net it fails. the standalone patch utility doesn't do anything for me. anyone have any clues on this?

After my upgrade to 1.16 on my vista machine, it complains that it can't identify the version, and I'm unable to log into Battle.net.

I'm pretty sure my Xp laptop does the same thing. It seems like the issue is not isolated to a few people... hopefully they'll issue a new patch to correct the problem.

the error i'm getting:

patching cannot be completed because the patch archive is corrupt.

file name: sexp_ix86_1152_1153.mpq

if you are unable to correct this problem, please contact blizzard technical support.

[quote name='jarvis307']the error i'm getting:

patching cannot be completed because the patch archive is corrupt.

file name: sexp_ix86_1152_1153.mpq

if you are unable to correct this problem, please contact blizzard technical support.[/QUOTE]

hmm, look on the previous page for a possible solution I posted. It basically involves going onto battle.net to patch while using chaoslauncher to launch the game

link to chaoslauncher: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=65196

The reason I say this is because I had pretty much the same problem when trying to patch to 1.15.3 and using chaoslauncher solved it for me.

Me and Zinrae+that crew some of you know, have been having great fun with WH40k Soulstorm. Mechanics are a little different, but good fun all the same.

So, looking for a decent RTS, try it out. The biggest difference IMO is the units have much more life, so battles last longer. I don't personally like that, but it doesn't ruin the game by any means.

[quote name='The Crotch']...

Really, I think my signature is already the appropriate response to this.[/QUOTE]

No way. The picture in mine is.

[quote name='The Crotch']SC.

fuck Warcraft.[/quote]

I still can't get Starcraft to properly recognize that it's at the newest patch level.

As such, I'm playing War III TFT to get my fix.

I'm disappointed, though.. it looks like they fixed all the worst hacks for SC in the last patches.

[quote name='Oktoberfest']1.16.1 has been released. Hopefully it fixed the problems that some of you have had with patching[/quote]

Cool. i'll try it when I get home tonight.

i been playing my friends and losing. which is terrible because i know all about modern build orders, i know the map better, i know whatever

but when i watch the replays i have like, a 100 food army versus a 60 food army and i just sit there in my contain. ughhhh

So do you guys still play SC? If so I would like to play with you guys. Just let me know.

I am not very good, but would like to play with yall none the less. :D

Bnet West. Usually meet in the room "CAG" in about... 8+ hours from now. Fridays and weekends are your best bets for obvious reasons. If you want to organize a game, send PMs out to people - jarvis307, Strell, suko_32, kainzero, Pure Apathy (You were supposed to run the tournament, damn you!), CK64, etc. Get Oktoberfest if you're looking to get your peons Reaver'd to death without fail.

And Suko, you do not suck. Remember that time you beat Jarvis in the tournament? That was fucking badass.

[quote name='The Crotch']Bnet West. Usually meet in the room "CAG" in about... 8+ hours from now. Fridays and weekends are your best bets for obvious reasons. If you want to organize a game, send PMs out to people - jarvis307, Strell, suko_32, kainzero, Pure Apathy (You were supposed to run the tournament, damn you!), CK64, etc. Get Oktoberfest if you're looking to get your peons Reaver'd to death without fail.

And Suko, you do not suck. Remember that time you beat Jarvis in the tournament? That was fucking badass.[/quote]

I think I was going to set up a tournament but had problems with the kit thing or something like that. Well I'll switch over to West and try to play some with you guys.

*edit*
Just made an account on US West. The name is PureApathy.

Ok The Crotch, it looks like you are the main guy that gets everyone togeather.

If you want I can help you with this, just let me know.

I am reinstalling SC and BW as we speak.

P.S. Do we play BroodWar or just classic StarCraft?

Brood War, of course. Dark Templar + inattentive Terran opponent = short-ass game. Just a shame the Zerg get Lurkers...

And you have inspired me. I'm off to replace my copy of the game.

Though it is very windy outside.

Ah, fuck it, I'm outta milk anyway.

EDIT: Yeah, they never did give us a kit, so we went without it.

I'll fix up the OP as soon as things get all straightened out.

bread's done
Back