Steam Deal Thread V1 - Thread closed. See V2 thread for the deals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam deal thread V1! Read post # 2 for Steam FAQs and more.

This thread is no longer being updated. Please visit the V2 thread for Steam deal discussion. Thanks to everyone who made this thread a success.

Group Buys - Updated 05/20

Several multiplayer Steam games are available in 2-packs or 4-packs. These packs offer a discount over buying multiple copies of a game separately. We also maintain group buy trade threads for several games, so please use those threads if you're interested in setting up a group buy.

Free Stuff
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.
Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Phrozenx']Any retext or graphics mods, or popular or must need mods for thief?[/QUOTE]

There is indeed a texture pack.

[quote name='HeSaveDave']I might have to buy Thief. Looks like lots of fun

Also,

:puke:[/QUOTE]

Dude...this game has one of my most favorite levels ever. It's a great game...and a steal for $5!

[quote name='mrsilkunderwear']I am sure he meant 2 people vs each other on one system.[/QUOTE]

well i had the original Street Fighter IV, and 2 people could play on one system for that. You had to have two gamepads to pull it off though. You couldnt even do keyboard versus gamepad. Both players had to be using gamepads. Im sure there was some workaround for that though.

[quote name='eastx']Umm, no version of Street Fighter IV has co-op.[/QUOTE]

Haha, I thought it looked funny after posting!

[quote name='mrsilkunderwear']I am sure he meant 2 people vs each other on one system.[/QUOTE]

Yep.

[quote name='JakeNome']well i had the original Street Fighter IV, and 2 people could play on one system for that. You had to have two gamepads to pull it off though. You couldnt even do keyboard versus gamepad. Both players had to be using gamepads. Im sure there was some workaround for that though.[/QUOTE]

Thank you!

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']Screw yourself.

Totes for LYFE.[/QUOTE]
:lol:
[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']Dude...this game has one of my most favorite levels ever. It's a great game...and a steal for $5![/QUOTE]
Nabbed it! Thanks for the suggestion, bro.

[quote name='hal']Just wait until SimCity 4 Deluxe goes on sale again and buy that. It's a far better game.[/QUOTE]
That's what I'm waiting for. I want it now though, dangit.

I know everyone gushes over this game, but I couldn't really get in to it. Got it back during a promotion for free, played for about 20 minutes, and got kind of bored. I'd definitely say it's charming and challenging, there's just not a whole lot to it.

Wasn't it in one of those $5 indie packs during the Thanksgiving/Holiday sales?

I've heard great things, but I don't need another pull-your-hair-out platformer when I still have Super Meat Boy to finish.

[quote name='DukeEdwardI']Wasn't it in one of those $5 indie packs during the Thanksgiving/Holiday sales?

I've heard great things, but I don't need another pull-your-hair-out platformer when I still have Super Meat Boy to finish.[/QUOTE]

It's not nearly as hard as SMB. It's only a few hours long, and longer if you want to collect all 20 trinkets (fun stuff), but I really loved it -- moreso than SMB, actually. It feels more clever, and never cheap.

[quote name='hal']Just wait until SimCity 4 Deluxe goes on sale again and buy that. It's a far better game.[/QUOTE]

Already got it in some daily deal but I'm not really impressed by it, really. Too many unrealistic things these sims are nagging me about. Bad transport planning (sims always take the shortest routes instead of the least busy ones).

[quote name='DukeEdwardI']Wasn't it in one of those $5 indie packs during the Thanksgiving/Holiday sales?

I've heard great things, but I don't need another pull-your-hair-out platformer when I still have Super Meat Boy to finish.[/QUOTE]

Yes, it was part of the Indie Clever pack during Thanksgiving. I pretty much bought the pack just because the character was featured in Super Meat Boy. Ended up playing the game for about 20 minutes before I got bored and went back to Meat Boy.

[quote name='Lithos']Hate the new thread title....[/QUOTE]

You're really going to complain about the name of a thread? Go play some games instead.

I still hate the Episode II title "Attack of the Clones". In time, you just get used to it though.

VVVVVV is fantastic. It's clever, it's fun, it's great. It isn't a SPIKES EVERYWHERE crapfest like the worst parts of Super Meat Boy (Not to knock SMB. It's still surprisingly solid when it can manage it.). It's just a genuinely smart, enjoyable game. I can't recommend it enough. Easily one of my favorite platformers of all time.

[quote name='Decker']I still hate the Episode II title "Attack of the Clones". In time, you just get used to it though.[/QUOTE]

Not really. I still hate that title. It is like when you watch a movie you hated 5 or 10 years later because you believe that there was no way that movie was that bad. Then you watch it and you remember that yeah, it was that bad.

I do think the thread title is pretty stupid, but when I read it I don't really get the impression that it is supposed to be serious or anything.

pc_gamer_4_life.jpg

you dont got swag brah?

I know this isn't really a deal but I just want to throw it out there that Still Life and Still Life 2 were released today (1 June) and is 20% off. I'm sure these will be even cheaper during the Summer or Winter sales but I thought they were worth mentioning so anyone interested can keep these in mind.

I loved Still Life, Still Life 2, Syberia, and Syberia 2. I'll be grabbing these during the next sale.

And for now, I'm still thinking about Thief: Dark Shadows. Go Steam!

Well there is a Black Op free weekend, so say goodbye good deals for the rest of the week on Steam. In the past Activision would force steam to not have any other game on sale whenever Modern Warfare 2 had a free weekend while that game had a really lame 15% discount.

none of my $$$ last few days. But I've certain;y gt 3.75 out of star trek online. Only thing I hate about it is it is I'm 12 hours in and still don't have squat. No cool weapons, no cool resources to research cool weapons and mods, no cool ship.Seems like you have to dump 20-30 hours before you really get anything. And looking at what you need to collect and the rate I'm collecting, several hundred hours before you get the awesome stuff.

Long story short, this game was built for monthly subscription. Nothing really worth bying that actually improves your abilities, so I'll be suprised if it goes free to play

[quote name='Therapy']Already got it in some daily deal but I'm not really impressed by it, really. Too many unrealistic things these sims are nagging me about. Bad transport planning (sims always take the shortest routes instead of the least busy ones).[/QUOTE]
If you weren't impressed with SimCity Deluxe 4 then I doubt you'd be very impressed with Cities XL 2011. My personal favorite is still SimCity 3000 Unlimited.

[quote name='Rirse']Well there is a Black Op free weekend, so say goodbye good deals for the rest of the week on Steam. In the past Activision would force steam to not have any other game on sale whenever Modern Warfare 2 had a free weekend while that game had a really lame 15% discount.[/QUOTE]

Pre-load now, here.

[quote name='Therapy']Already got it in some daily deal but I'm not really impressed by it, really. Too many unrealistic things these sims are nagging me about. Bad transport planning (sims always take the shortest routes instead of the least busy ones).[/QUOTE]

Have you tried "Cities in Motion"? It is a new Sim-style game that is primarily about transportation modeling. It's on my wish list but I figure it'll be on sale at some point this summer, now that it's getting a bunch of DLC add-ons (new cities, mostly). Might be just what you're looking for.

Hoping the call of duty free weekend doesn't kill any other weekend deals. Never been too impressed with the games since the first Modern warfare.

Can't recommend VVVVVV enough @ $2.50 Great level design, looks beautiful, and catchy music.

Personally I found it to be quite a bit easier (and shorter) than Super Meat Boy. There are some nasty bits, but they are mostly for optional collectibles. Nothing even in the realm of The Kid warp zone in Super Meat Boy.

Weekend Deal - 75% off Red Faction Games

"Or receive all 3 when you Pre-Purchase Red Faction Armageddon. Plus get "The Maul", a Red Faction inspired hammer, for the Pyro to use in Team Fortress 2 as a pre-purchase bonus!"

Daily Deal - Tales of Monkey Island 66% off!

Blah, tempted by Monkey Island since I got Sam and Max last time but it's been on sale for about $5 before so I think I'll just wait it out >

In for Monkey Island even though I know it has been cheaper before. Not gonna wait til next December just for the chance it may be a few bucks cheaper than now.

[quote name='Soma_Cruz']Has anyone played Red Faction and Red Faction 2 with windows 7? Any compatibility problems?[/QUOTE]

Red Faction 2 I think used to say that it wouldn't run under NT 6 (which is weird in and of itself). Now it's saying it won't run on Direct X 10 hardware, which of course means anything since 2006, basically.

Well...it says not supported...

So maybe it does work now?

So weird...I can easily run stuff from the 80's and 90's on NT 6...and something from 2003 maybe doesn't work?

[quote name='KaOTiK']CoD Black Ops is a whooping 33% off $40.19 for the weekend as well[/QUOTE]

Maybe it's just because I'm used to playing CoD games on console but man is that game terrible on PC. Why even bother having a quick match button when it tries to put you into a full game every freaking time? Among a ton of other issues I encountered within the first 20 minutes of booting it up. Seems quite broken.

[quote name='dmdragon']RF Guerrilla is so worth 5 bucks if not for the fully 100% destructible playground.[/QUOTE]

Bah, this is not what I wanted to hear...I am tempted to buy it. But, I have so many games to play, with so little time. Might just wait til the summer sale, and see if I have more time for it, as I am quite sure it will be $5 then too.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Red Faction 2 I think used to say that it wouldn't run under NT 6 (which is weird in and of itself). Now it's saying it won't run on Direct X 10 hardware, which of course means anything since 2006, basically.

Well...it says not supported...

So maybe it does work now?

So weird...I can easily run stuff from the 80's and 90's on NT 6...and something from 2003 maybe doesn't work?[/QUOTE]

Doesn't surprise me too much. I can run Doom, Doom, Wolfenstein 3D, etc but not Return to Castle Wolfenstein or Hexen 2.

[quote name='dmdragon']RF Guerrilla is so worth 5 bucks if not for the fully 100% destructible playground.[/QUOTE]
Seconded. You know you're in for a fun time when the first thing you do upon starting the game for the first time is bashing something with a hammer, then reacting in shock as everything blows to bits (or refuses to collapse because a single stupid support beam is still intact).

Even the multiplayer is fun, considering you can do stuff like collapse a bridge while the other team's flag carrier is on it (then rebuild it so yours can cross), or making buildings fall onto enemies or fly into the mountains with singularity bombs. :mrgreen:
A group of friends and I would make customs games with max time limit and just screw around trying to kill each other with debris and see how far we could fling stuff...then reconstruct everything and start over.

Even though I borrowed and completed it for the 360, I'm still tempted to get it just so I own a copy. I guess I have a couple days to think about it.
I'm not that interested in the first two because I've heard they haven't aged well.

[quote name='gage006']Maybe it's just because I'm used to playing CoD games on console but man is that game terrible on PC. Why even bother having a quick match button when it tries to put you into a full game every freaking time? Among a ton of other issues I encountered within the first 20 minutes of booting it up. Seems quite broken.[/QUOTE]
Agreed, except it's broken on consoles as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back