Steam Deal Thread V1 - Thread closed. See V2 thread for the deals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam deal thread V1! Read post # 2 for Steam FAQs and more.

This thread is no longer being updated. Please visit the V2 thread for Steam deal discussion. Thanks to everyone who made this thread a success.

Group Buys - Updated 05/20

Several multiplayer Steam games are available in 2-packs or 4-packs. These packs offer a discount over buying multiple copies of a game separately. We also maintain group buy trade threads for several games, so please use those threads if you're interested in setting up a group buy.

Free Stuff
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.
Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Astinus Majere']Dang, all second chance deals...[/QUOTE]

Yep.

Should prolly get The Witcher this time around I think.

If you missed FEAR 1 gold for $2.50... I can recommend it :)

Installing the games I bought to my mac and PC and found that the Dawn of War Games installed to my Mac as though it was compatible but when I go to play it its not. My Mac has never done this b4 with other games that are Windows. Future Mac support for these? Or should I just tell it to delete this local content since its a waste?

[quote name='Stry-ker']repeats?? Cmon save that for the last day like last year, guess they dont want any money today[/QUOTE]

They'll do a second chance today and next Sunday (probably). With the huge amount of deals each week, a best of would be quite limited if they made it span two full weeks. Makes sense to me.

Does the first FEAR game have subtitles? I played it on the xbox for a little bit but it didn't have subtitles, so I'm wondering if the PC version is any different.

Thought I'd point out that AI War: Fleet Command is the indie deal today for $3.

Really a great game if you're looking for more strategy/substance with a sort of complex twist on Tower Defense.

It's hard to describe but there is a demo available on Steam.

[quote name='DPsycho']I wasn't expecting them to resort to this so soon. The final day, maybe the final three days, but now? Meh.[/QUOTE]

Basically it means they're going to have two repeat days. One at the end of the first week (today's) and one at the end of the second. Nevertheless I'm sure someone will find a way to spin this in favor of it being a great sale. Sure, it's nice if someone missed one of the first week's deals but this is just shifting it more towards the infamous 'meh' side of the scale.

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']do you guys think battlefield bad company 2 and withcer are good enough for those prices?[/QUOTE]
Yes

AI War: Fleet Command in terms of depth is almost on-par with the likes of Dwarf Fortress. There's a -lot- going on, which makes for a steep learning curve (not as steep as DF) but once you get the hang of it is really great.

Also features huge co-op, though sadly I'm the type who only games with his friends, and only 2 of my friends play PC games . . . neither has picked up AI War yet, so I can't vouch for it being great in practice but it sounds like tons of fun, though I just gifted it to one of them ;)

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']do you guys think battlefield bad company 2 and withcer are good enough for those prices?[/QUOTE]

No they aren't, and yes I'm just kidding. But I just have to admit I was like; "Wha?"

I'll probably pick up FEAR since I didn't buy it last time because I didn't have as much money as I do now and I wanted to be able to have money for the whole sale.

Also, is CAG loading extraordinarily slow for anybody else right now? It's taking like 30 seconds or more to load a page.

BFBC2, absolutely. Can't say anything about the Witcher as I haven't played it (not a big RPG person) but everyone seems to love it.

[quote name='zillionandnine']BFBC2, absolutely. Can't say anything about the Witcher as I haven't played it (not a big RPG person) but everyone seems to love it.[/QUOTE]

bc2 is fucking awesome. I only have a coupel hours into the witcher but its easily worth the price, its a top tier game IMO. its unique in most respects and if you have any interest i cant imagien being disatisfied, especially at $5.

[quote name='wilflare']ME2 vs Batman:AA (I have yet to play ME1)
BlueToad vs SMB

if you were me, which would you get?
(trying not to overspend...)[/QUOTE]

You can't beat SMB for under 4 dollars.

[quote name='wilflare']ME2 vs Batman:AA (I have yet to play ME1)
BlueToad vs SMB

if you were me, which would you get?
(trying not to overspend...)[/QUOTE]

smb
id really try and play ME in order, they are fantastic games.
Id say batman, and pick up ME 1 when it inevitably goes on sale again for $5.

If you had already played ME1 Id say get ME2 over batman.

Most definitely!

I decided to buy Blue Toad Murder Files just before the cutoff today.

Considering FEAR and AI War - Fleet Command today.

Oh no, BC2 is a penny more expensive than the last sale! Still totally worth it.
I'm spared for another day, it looks like. Happy day off, everyone who got their deals the first time!

[quote name='jaredhenry13']
Also, is CAG loading extraordinarily slow for anybody else right now? It's taking like 30 seconds or more to load a page.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, sometimes it just plain old gives up.

i tried batman demo on my ps3
i didn't really dig the stealth and its rather dark theme :/ (reminded me of splinter cell in a way)

i would like to purchase ME1 but its price is rather T_T

[quote name='Roguestriker']2nd chance on deals. Best would be SMB, B:BC 2, The Witcher and LC. Other than that, its obvious what's worth it I'd say.[/QUOTE]

thats pretty weird. I dont recall dawn of war showing up on my macbook as installable.

I fully recommend AI Wars. There is a demo on steam as well.

The game is really great and the dev listens to the community and adds lots of stuff in patches and puts out expansions for it at very reasonable prices as well. I haven't played it in CoOp but apparently that is where the game shines, the Dev made the game originally for him, his farther, and uncle to play together so it the game was born for coop to start with.

[quote name='wilflare']i tried batman demo on my ps3
i didn't really dig the stealth and its rather dark theme :/ (reminded me of splinter cell in a way)

i would like to purchase ME1 but its price is rather T_T[/QUOTE]

well maybe dont buy either? there is another week of sales you can buy games from.

Is ME2 hindered in any way for not having a save for ME1? I played ME1 back at release on the 360, but I Haven't played ME2 yet... and that price is just right.

[quote name='wilflare']do i miss out alot if i play ME2 before ME1
i'm kinda drawn to the ME universe[/QUOTE]

Yes you do, especially if its on PC. The squad commanding is like ME2 on PC, but crappy on Xbox. I really still enjoy ME1 on PC more than ME2. I couldnt play ME1 on 360. Bought it used then returned it awhile back.

Just picked up Battlefield Bad Company 2 and I hope I didn't miss anything from the first one because I never played the first one but heard the online play is great.

I've finished ME2 twice so far: once with a ME1 save and once without (a freshly made ME2 character), and for me, using the ME1 save made the experience for that character more robust. The stuff that's carried over isn't game changing, but it adds an extra level of depth/immersion to the experience.

If you're drawn to the ME universe, then I highly recommend going through ME1.

Edit: and wanted to add a definite recco to do a female Shephard (Jennifer Hale) play through - personally, I think the voice acting for her is far superior than the male Shephard.

The Ball
Star Wars: KOTOR
Left 4 Dead 2
Bob Came in Pieces
Zombie Driver
Flight Control HD
Super Meat Boy
Overlord Complete Pack
King Arthur Pack
Red Faction
Red Faction 2
FEAR Complete Pack

Got those 11 games with euro price and its is starting to bug me.

Last edited by a moderator:
aye what irks me is how ME1 is now USD9.99... i would buy it if it is USD5!
together with ME2 (region restriction USD24.99)

guess i'll forgo Darksiders as well

I would say it's totally worth it to play ME1 first. Then move to ME2. They are both in my personal top 10 of all time and should not be missed. I picked up ME 1 on PC (I own both on 360) last steam sale for $5 but to get both Mass Effect for $20 to me would be too good to pass up.

[quote name='FurryCurry']I avoided Fear complete pack before. Should I go for it now?
And is Aaaaaaaaah! worth $5?[/QUOTE]

i have both FEAR games and for 5 bucks you cant go wrong. there pretty fun shooters.

i see lara croft is only $5.10!!! i was literally about to buy it earlier for $7.50, im buying it now.

im wondering about AC2 for $15......should i?

Is anybody else's steam downloading at retarded speeds? I'm downloading the Wings of Prey demo and it's topping out at 350 kbps whereas I usually get 1.5 mbps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back