Steam Deal Thread V1 - Thread closed. See V2 thread for the deals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam deal thread V1! Read post # 2 for Steam FAQs and more.

This thread is no longer being updated. Please visit the V2 thread for Steam deal discussion. Thanks to everyone who made this thread a success.

Group Buys - Updated 05/20

Several multiplayer Steam games are available in 2-packs or 4-packs. These packs offer a discount over buying multiple copies of a game separately. We also maintain group buy trade threads for several games, so please use those threads if you're interested in setting up a group buy.

Free Stuff
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.
Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Hunter_Silver']Damn you Steam. I decided to skip SMB the first time because I figured I would just get the potato pack, but now it's up on sale again. So are we sure the potato pack is going to be up sometime before the sale ends? Could someone please just telll me to calm down and wait it out? I don't know if I can keep waiting much longer.[/QUOTE]

1. Buy it as gift and send it to an alt email.
2. Wait to see if Potato Pack comes up.
3. If it does, sell SMB or give it to a friend. If not, redeem it for yourself.

:D

Hmm... Super Meat Boy or Plants VS Zombies? I'm thinking Super Meat Boy...cheaper & although I loved the PVZ demo I could buy it on Amazon cheap w/ some free crap to trade in.

Woops, I don't even know what thread I'm posting in anymore.

I already have Assassin's Creed II on PS3 and haven't played it. I wonder if it's worth getting the PC version for $15 and selling the PS3 copy. Or is the PC version not actually any better?

[quote name='Wargamer']1. Buy it as gift and send it to an alt email.

:D[/QUOTE]

It doesn't even need to be an alternate email, by the bye. You can email the gift directly to your Steam registered email address and it works fine. I've used this trick to reserve cheap copies of games I intend to gift later on down the road and it works great.

When you choose to re-send the gift you're not given the option to attach a gift message like you do when you gift directly at purchase, but otherwise it works like a charm.

Also, "Potato Pack"? s'plain plz. Anyone?

[quote name='Wargamer']1. Buy it as gift and send it to an alt email.

:D[/QUOTE]

Okay thats what i'm going to do then.
I didn't think it had to be an alt email. I'm pretty sure I bought a game before and sent the gift to my regular email.

[quote name='vitamin_dei']It doesn't even need to be an alternate email, by the bye. You can email the gift directly to your Steam registered email address and it works fine. I've used this trick to reserve cheap copies of games I intend to gift later on down the road and it works great.

When you choose to re-send the gift you're not given the option to attach a gift message like you do when you gift directly at purchase, but otherwise it works like a charm.

Also, "Potato Pack"? s'plain plz. Anyone?[/QUOTE]
That's what I thought. The potato pack is on the bottom of that list.
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7970333&postcount=1721

[quote name='Firvagor']I hope the rest isn't all repeats. It's great for those who missed the first round, but the rest of us get tempted again. >.<

Looking through the specials list...
I noticed MDK2 is $5. It's awesome, for those on the fence. Never played the first one, but the 2-pack is $7.49.
Dangerous High School Girls in Trouble...WTF!? The "trailer" is atrocious.[/QUOTE]

They won't be....

This is just a recap of the week 1 deals... New deals will start tomorrow, and then next Sunday they'll have a recap on next weeks deals.

Dangeous High School Girls in Trouble rocks! I played it at a friend's house and it's on my wishlist. Awesome, weird game, the likes of which we'd do well to see more of.

[quote name='Jaysonguy'][quote name='Wargamer']Anyone know of any cheap / on sale games that don't require a lot to run? If it can use controllers, even better.
My laptop is just above a regular netbook. I got SMB and both Humble Bundles if you suggest anything from it.[/QUOTE]Torchlight
It's 4.99, has a notebook mode, and it's fantastic[/QUOTE]

Anyone else?

[quote name='Jesse_Dylan']

I already have Assassin's Creed II on PS3 and haven't played it. I wonder if it's worth getting the PC version for $15 and selling the PS3 copy. Or is the PC version not actually any better?[/QUOTE]

i don't think its worth it for $15 if you have the ps3 version. i have all 3 ac on xbox and i don't think its worth it for $15. some drm i can stand, but i can't stand the limited install or ubisoft always on internet connection to play ones.

maybe when the steam version gets cheaper like $7 then it may be worth it. graphics will be way better on pc, and ac2 has a lot of civilians that you try to blend in with.

[quote name='bigant262']So is Fear 2 worth getting, I've been reading bad things about it. So i'm thinking of just getting the first one.[/QUOTE]

I liked the first FEAR a lot better. The second one just seemed like more of the same... but done much worse.

[quote name='Wargamer']Anyone else?[/QUOTE]

The Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom for $.49. A very neat and charming little game. And its 49 CENTS.

[quote name='frpilot']i don't think its worth it for $15 if you have the ps3 version. i have all 3 ac on xbox and i don't think its worth it for $15. some drm i can stand, but i can't stand the limited install or ubisoft always on internet connection to play ones.

maybe when the steam version gets cheaper like $7 then it may be worth it. graphics will be way better on pc, and ac2 has a lot of civilians that you try to blend in with.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, amigo! I'll just stick with the PS3 version in that case.

[quote name='Fearbeard']They won't be....

This is just a recap of the week 1 deals... New deals will start tomorrow, and then next Sunday they'll have a recap on next weeks deals.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I realized that a bit after the fact. >.< (plus I wasn't involved in last year's deals, just making stuff up I guess)

Back to the Future is $20... Won't they eventually be selling all five parts for like $20-30? I don't really wanna pay $20 for each of them. Every other Telltale game I've gotten has been like $20 for a whole pack.

[quote name='nickm717']Anyone think they will discount Back to the Future more than 10% before the end of the sale?[/QUOTE]

I doubt it since it just came out, but you never know.

Most likely Jesse so I will gladly wait. :)

[quote name='hellhunde']The Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom for $.49. A very neat and charming little game. And its 49 CENTS.[/QUOTE]

I forgot to mention I got it too earlier this week.:oops:

[quote name='Jesse_Dylan']Back to the Future is $20... Won't they eventually be selling all five parts for like $20-30? I don't really wanna pay $20 for each of them. Every other Telltale game I've gotten has been like $20 for a whole pack.[/QUOTE]

You're not paying $20 for the one episode, it's $22.49 for all 5.

[quote name='Jesse_Dylan']Back to the Future is $20... Won't they eventually be selling all five parts for like $20-30? I don't really wanna pay $20 for each of them. Every other Telltale game I've gotten has been like $20 for a whole pack.[/QUOTE]

pretty sure that's $20 for the season's pass, meaning you get whatever is available now, and when each new episode is released you get it for free

I want to play it pretty bad, but I can't imagine paying $25 for each episode when I'm used to paying that much for five. :( Sighhhhhhhhhhhhh. Would be good to support it tho. I hear it's fantastic.

[quote name='orcishlad']pretty sure that's $20 for the season's pass, meaning you get whatever is available now, and when each new episode is released you get it for free[/QUOTE]

Ah! Well in that case, that's a swinging deal. How can I Find out for sure?

[quote name='Jesse_Dylan']Ah! Well in that case, that's a swinging deal. How can I Find out for sure?[/QUOTE]

Just like every other Telltale release its the price for the full season. A Single episode is about $8 or $9 from them normally.

Okay, cool. Thanks guys. :) Just bought the Blu-ray release of the movie trilogy to re-watch, purchased the game, and plan to play them as they come out. :) I'm stoked!

I'm almost positive that the $20 is for all of them. That is how it has been for each series with TellTale. You buy the first part get the rest of the episodes as they come out at no additional cost

[quote name='KaOTiK']I'm almost positive that the $20 is for all of them. That is how it has been for each series with TellTale. You buy the first part get the rest of the episodes as they come out at no additional cost[/QUOTE]

I was under the assumption each episode was separate charge, if thats not the case ill probably buy it.

[quote name='paz9x']I was under the assumption each episode was separate charge, if thats not the case ill probably buy it.[/QUOTE]

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2010/12/23/the-present-of-back-to-the-future/

Talks about how it's one price for the season. Telltale is getting this way with all of their releases now, it was this way for S&M3.

Decided against getting BF2BC the first time, but this time I can't resist. Gonna have to pick up this and a copy of SMB for a friend.

I'm late to the party but i just made a steam account! I linked up my 2 humble bundles, bought PB winter bottom and bought all the Sherlock Holmes games... what else do i need?

[quote name='abhinav']I'm late to the party but i just made a steam account! I linked up my 2 humble bundles, bought PB winter bottom and bought all the Sherlock Holmes games... what else do i need?[/QUOTE]
SUPER
MEAT
BOY
:bouncy:

Again.. Back to the Future $22.49 is the full game... which is why it lists all 5 episodes on the page. If it was one episode then the title of the game would state it.

[quote name='abhinav']Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic is 50% off and only $5 on Steam right now, is this a good deal? Does it ever go lower?[/QUOTE]

That's a good price but I did pick it up for $2.50 back in September, so it does go lower.

[quote name='abhinav']I'm late to the party but i just made a steam account! I linked up my 2 humble bundles, bought PB winter bottom and bought all the Sherlock Holmes games... what else do i need?[/QUOTE]

For today I recommend the following:

The Witcher Enhanced Edition
Super Meat Boy
Borderlands GOTY especially if you have not played the game yet on consoles.
Mass Effect 2
Battlefield Bad Company 2 especially if you have not played the game yet on consoles.

[quote name='evildeadjedi']For today I recommend the following:

Mass Effect 2
Battlefield Bad Company 2 especially if you have not played the game yet on consoles.[/QUOTE]

+1 on the ME games.

+1 on BC2. I own it on 360 and love it. Only played a little on the PC (bought it for $6.70 the 1st time) and it's amazing how much crisper and cleaner everything is. Don't know if I can put another 300 hours into this version, but I'm definitely glad I picked it up.

SMB, dummy. :bouncy:

caved and bought BFBC2. I already have it for the ps3 but $6.80 for having a mouse and keyboard is worth it imo. Also picked up A.I. War. I'm a sucker for space strategy games and for $3 it seemed worth it since I only found mostly good things said about it.

[quote name='abhinav']Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic is 50% off and only $5 on Steam right now, is this a good deal? Does it ever go lower?[/QUOTE]

I think that's a very reasonable price. I say go for it!

How tough exactly does Super Meat Boy get?

I was able to get through the demo on XBLA eventually, but definitely feeling some carpal tunnel. Ol' reflexes ain't what they used to be.

[quote name='road3283']How tough exactly does Super Meat Boy get?

I was able to get through the demo on XBLA eventually, but definitely feeling some carpal tunnel. Ol' reflexes ain't what they used to be.[/QUOTE]

You will curse, a lot, but it is a delicious torture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back