Steam Deal Thread V1 - Thread closed. See V2 thread for the deals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam deal thread V1! Read post # 2 for Steam FAQs and more.

This thread is no longer being updated. Please visit the V2 thread for Steam deal discussion. Thanks to everyone who made this thread a success.

Group Buys - Updated 05/20

Several multiplayer Steam games are available in 2-packs or 4-packs. These packs offer a discount over buying multiple copies of a game separately. We also maintain group buy trade threads for several games, so please use those threads if you're interested in setting up a group buy.

Free Stuff
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.
Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Last edited by a moderator:
Starting a chas rising and empire total war pack pm me.

chaos rising
1 RAVENHUL
2 lonesarah

Empire total war

I'm a bit disappointed in what's on sale today, but then again I wasn't entirely sure what to look for. I'd be all over Torchlight if I didn't already own it.

(Also, Blur has Torchlight's description :lol:)

Anyone that owns a GTX 460 or GTS 450 and Wants Dawn of War 2 PLEASE READ

There is a known driver issue that causes the game to hard lock within 5 to 20 minutes of gameplay, which can cause a full machine lock-up. There is no work around. There is no fix or patch. This issue has existed for 2 months now and not a peep out of nvidia and all Relic can say is that nvidia are working on it.

2 months... possibly longer. :drool:

Relic Forums

NVIDIA Forums #1

NVIDIA Forums #2

Steam Forums

Still fantastic games, but I'm sitting with my thumb up my bum wanting to play these two games and I cannot. No amount of fiddling is working and my PC hardlocks, which is not good for my hardware to keep trying "fixes".

Not necessarily buyer beware, but you have been warned.

Freedom Force
1. ManofPeace

Add yourself (preferred), or pm. First come, first serve.
.75c for each person.

[quote name='lonesarah']Starting a chas rising and empire total war pack pm me.

chaos rising
1 RAVENHUL
2 lonesarah

Empire total war
1 DarkonJohn
6[/QUOTE]

In for Empire Total War

Yeah, this is the worst day of deals so far for me. The previous two days weren't that great either, IMO.

Also, I'd say we should hope for something big on Cyber Monday, but they've gotten in the habit of having an "encore" sale for their final day. So I expect just a bunch of repeats on monday.

chaos rising
1 RAVENHUL
2 lonesarah

Empire total war
6[/QUOTE]

In for one! Will Paypal you, please PM me your address

chaos rising
1 RAVENHUL
2 lonesarah

Empire total war
6[/QUOTE]

Also in for Total War. Will follow up with PM.

[quote name='ManofPeace']Freedom Force
1. ManofPeace
2. ChadR

Add yourself (preferred), or pm. First come, first serve.
.75c for each person.[/QUOTE]

added

chaos rising
1 RAVENHUL
2 lonesarah
3 brownjohn
8[/QUOTE]

You can put me down for a spot in the chaos rising pack.

chaos rising
1 RAVENHUL
2 lonesarah
3 arcturiang
4 brownjohn
8[/QUOTE]in

Freedom Force
1. ManofPeace
2. klpats - SENT
3. chadr
4. Danny VIP - SENT
5. seamoss
6. m_m23
7. disposable

Instructions are being pmed. I already have the pack. Sending out as payments come
Please please include your steam email in the message when you pay, otherwise I'll need to pm you back to see if your paypal email is the same as your steam.

[quote name='isofan1']there's a thread right below yours with ALL of the steam deals :/[/QUOTE]
I mentioned that in the OP - the deal wasn't mentioned in there when I created this topic though. Besides, I figured this deserved it's own thread. When I'm searching for deals I like to scan the titles for the best ones rather than check each individual thread...but maybe that's just me!

[quote name='ManofPeace']Freedom Force
1. ManofPeace
2. klpats - SENT
3. chadr
4. Danny VIP
5. disposable

[/QUOTE]

Added

chaos rising
1 RAVENHUL
2 lonesarah

Empire total war
6[/QUOTE]

In for a Total War. Already PMed.

[quote name='leapfrogX']I mentioned that in the OP - unfortunately this deal is not mentioned anywhere in that thread. And if it were posted in there it would just get lost among the group buy discussion anyways.[/QUOTE]
I do not think it would get lost. Everyone who has steam checks that thread like crazy.

Thanks all for the Chaos Rising pack payments. That was the smoothest and quickest transactions I have ever dealt with. All copies have been sent out and I will leave feedback for everyone, everyone actually followed the directions this time and there were no issues.

Yay Steam.

Freedom Force
1. ManofPeace
2. klpats - SENT
3. chadr - SENT
4. Danny VIP - SENT
5. seamoss - SENT
6. m_m23
7. disposable - SENT
8. Xedeus

Instructions are being pmed. I already have the pack. Sending out as payments come
Please please include your steam email in the message when you pay, otherwise I'll need to pm you back to see if your paypal email is the same as your steam.

Freedom Force
1. ManofPeace
2. klpats - SENT
3. chadr
4. Danny VIP - SENT
5. seamoss
6. m_m23
7. disposable
8. Xedeus
9. Zanzar

Groups went smoothly yesterday! Since it doesn't seem there is a group buy thread for these yet, anyone interested in any of the following group buy please PM me! After that I'll PM you instructions for payment.

Freedom Force 10-Pack
Cost: $0.75
Available: 3

Isn't Torchlight normally cheaper during these sales? I've been waiting to buy it for like ever, but I was expecting it to be less than $5. I might wait for the holiday sale, unless $5 is actually the lowest it's been. I just can't remember.

Well, now I see why they moved the group buys to a different page. this is ridiculous. I had to go through three pages of nothing but updates on group availability to find out that there wasn't much else being said about what's available today.

Please, if you creating groups could, keep the public chatter to a minimum. Arrange it over PM's and just update your original post when you are full so no one contacts you anymore. This thread is almost unreadable the way it is.

[quote name='dudejeff22']Isn't Torchlight normally cheaper during these sales? I've been waiting to buy it for like ever, but I was expecting it to be less than $5. I might wait for the holiday sale, unless $5 is actually the lowest it's been. I just can't remember.[/QUOTE]

5 is the lowest it's been on Steam, before this it was at $10. I went ahead and got it at the price it is now.

Freedom Force
1. ManofPeace
2. klpats - SENT
3. chadr
4. Danny VIP - SENT
5. seamoss
6. m_m23
7. disposable
8. Xedeus
9. Zanzar
10.jay-pee

1. ManofPeace
2. klpats - SENT
3. chadr - SENT
4. Danny VIP - SENT
5. seamoss - SENT
6. m_m23 - SENT
7. disposable - SENT
8. Xedeus - SENT
9. Zanzar - SENT
10. jay-pee

Today's trailers:

[youtube]FxuacwotoQw[/youtube][youtube]uwZBdWRSBRs[/youtube]
[youtube]-ee1hkKaXOo[/youtube][youtube]ghQBj6Gfn10[/youtube]
[youtube]avwwKHbLypA[/youtube][youtube]u-ZwIKZzeQU[/youtube]

Once again, the daily Indie Pack is an awesome deal. VVVVVV is an excellent platformer with a terrrific soundtrack. Iron Grip: Warlord is a unique tower defense/FPS game. World of Goo has one of the best soundtracks ever.

Machinarium is another great game everyone should own.

Today I added IGN reviews for most sale games to the OP. If you need to know about a game, check out its review!

[quote name='dabebop']5 is the lowest it's been on Steam, before this it was at $10. I went ahead and got it at the price it is now.[/QUOTE]

Ah ok, I was thinking it was like $2.50 or $3.75 at some point, I must have confused it with another game.

In for $5 then. And the Indie pack too. I have no idea when I'll play any of them, but it's worth $5 just in case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back