Steam Deal Thread V1 - Thread closed. See V2 thread for the deals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam deal thread V1! Read post # 2 for Steam FAQs and more.

This thread is no longer being updated. Please visit the V2 thread for Steam deal discussion. Thanks to everyone who made this thread a success.

Group Buys - Updated 05/20

Several multiplayer Steam games are available in 2-packs or 4-packs. These packs offer a discount over buying multiple copies of a game separately. We also maintain group buy trade threads for several games, so please use those threads if you're interested in setting up a group buy.

Free Stuff
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.
Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok it loaded something to me, although the sales prices arent up, the deals appear to be:

Mount&Blade
Splinter Cell: Conviction
The Ball
Street Fighter 4
World of Goo
Patrician 4
The Orange Box
Bit Trip Beat

duno if it is a mistake, just what I'mseen (through steam, not explorer)

Pretty lame today, I do not even need to see the %s off to know that. Patrician may be interesting but doubt its discounted enough to get a major CAG like myself to bite. The ball looks kind of interesting, but again doubt id pick it up less its a buck or two since I bought so much else. Putting World of Goo and bit trip beat as part of the sale is lame since they were part of the indy packs!

Well when the discounts DO go up I'll get The Ball for my account and The Orange Box because of TF2 for my 5th account. I'm still contemplating the Mountain Blaze pack.

I refuse to buy bit.trip for $5 when it was just in a multiple game pack for the same price, equivalent of $1. Beat Conviction on 360, have Orange Box, have World of Goo, No interest in SF4.. Here's hoping Monday is a day of deals that were up on the previous days!

[quote name='MSI Magus']Pretty lame today, I do not even need to see the %s off to know that. Patrician may be interesting but doubt its discounted enough to get a major CAG like myself to bite. The ball looks kind of interesting, but again doubt id pick it up less its a buck or two since I bought so much else. Putting World of Goo and bit trip beat as part of the sale is lame since they were part of the indy packs![/QUOTE]

I pretty much feel the same. If The Ball is like $5, I might grab it, but I get the feeling it'll be $10. I wonder why they made Bit Trip $5, seems dumb since it was just in yesterdays pack with four other games for the same price.

Patrician stock price is still beyond insane for a graphics upgrade of 3. And it appears to be buggy even. Wouldn't get it at 90% probably.

No indie pack today? I thought we still had the air and puzzle pack to go.

Also that Bit.Trip Beat is a waste of a deal considering you could get it and 4 other games for the same price yesterday.

Conviction for $20.29 and SF4 for $10? Definitely no thanks. lol @ Conviction's description.. "Arms yourself to the teeth"

Just a heads up, Just Cause 2 is incompatible with XP :(

[quote name='lonesarah']I'm starting a Just Cause 2 pack

Contact me if you want a copy of just cause 2

1.lonesarah
8.[/QUOTE]
Depending on the price, I'm in

[quote name='dfg']Sweet on Osmos pack! Was hoping that would be in one of the indie packs. Gonna host one![/QUOTE]

Looks like it could be fun. PM me and I think I'll buy in.

I hope this sale isn't a sign of things to come for the upcoming Christmas sale. Outside of the indie packs, I think this is easily the worst Steam sale I've seen so far.

[quote name='BloodiestCadaver']If you buy Orange Box, but already own TF2 and Portal, do you get doubles of those games or no?[/QUOTE]

You don't get to gift the doubles you have.

[quote name='BloodiestCadaver']If you buy Orange Box, but already own TF2 and Portal, do you get doubles of those games or no?[/QUOTE]

Nope. The only doubles you get out of that pack are of HL2 and EP1 if you already have them.

Users who own “Half-Life 2” and go on to purchase “The Orange Box” or the "Valve Complete Pack" will receive an extra copy of “Half-Life 2”.

Users who own “Half-Life 2: Episode One” and then go on to purchase the "Half-Life 2: Episode Pack”, “Valve Complete Pack” or “The Orange Box” will receive an extra copy of “Half-Life 2: Episode One”.​

[quote name='Viper45']I hope this sale isn't a sign of things to come for the upcoming Christmas sale. Outside of the indie packs, I think this is easily the worst Steam sale I've seen so far.[/QUOTE]

It's the one that I spent the least money on so I agree with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back