Steam Deal Thread V1 - Thread closed. See V2 thread for the deals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam deal thread V1! Read post # 2 for Steam FAQs and more.

This thread is no longer being updated. Please visit the V2 thread for Steam deal discussion. Thanks to everyone who made this thread a success.

Group Buys - Updated 05/20

Several multiplayer Steam games are available in 2-packs or 4-packs. These packs offer a discount over buying multiple copies of a game separately. We also maintain group buy trade threads for several games, so please use those threads if you're interested in setting up a group buy.

Free Stuff
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.
Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Last edited by a moderator:
Im an 23 year old Army veteran, i picked up Dead Space and have wanted to for awhile, im still on the fence about Amnesia. Games like that creep me out lol! I remember when FEAR first came out and scared the crap out of me.

Saw a few posts about the Sniper game - did anyone else get it? If so, how is it? Worth $7? I do like FPS games, but my backlog is huge right now!

I love horror games and have played all resident evils, fatal frames, haunting ground, clock tower, dead space etc...

Amnesia demo was definitely scary but I hated the fact that all you do is run and hide. I prefer to be able to at least fight back a little bit...

[quote name='keroppilee']I love horror games and have played all resident evils, fatal frames, haunting ground, clock tower, dead space etc...

Amnesia demo was definitely scary but I hated the fact that all you do is run and hide. I prefer to be able to at least fight back a little bit...[/QUOTE]
Dude, it's nice to hear there's another Haunting Ground fan. While I shake my head at what people decided to focus on, I thought the game itself was an excellent piece of casual adventuring. Though it's off-topic, I just couldn't let any admiration towards Haunting Ground go unnoticed.

To all PS2 owners, go discover Haunting Ground for yourselves.

[quote name='Hudson187']Saw a few posts about the Sniper game - did anyone else get it? If so, how is it? Worth $7? I do like FPS games, but my backlog is huge right now![/QUOTE]

Same, this game seems to intrigue me. But, due to my backlog, and it's poor ratings I'll likely pass.

[quote name='iso135']Same, this game seems to intrigue me. But, due to my backlog, and it's poor ratings I'll likely pass.[/QUOTE]

Indeed - may wait until next year (or a weekend deal) to grab this. Same with Dead Space; I beat it the PC version and am working through the PS3 version - would love to have it on Steam, but I'm sure it will be cheaper @ some point.

I little torn on what to do about Plants vs Zombies..

I KNOW I'm not going to play it for a long time, but I really have wanted to get it for steam for quite some time. :(

[quote name='helmet']I little torn on what to do about Plants vs Zombies..

I KNOW I'm not going to play for a long time, but I really have wanted to get it for steam for quite some time. :([/QUOTE]

I didn't think I'd play it enough to justify the price I paid ($5), but I've actually played it a lot. Over 20 hours according to steam. And I still haven't finished the last couple of puzzle mode levels.

I KNOW I'm not going to play for a long time, but I really have wanted to get it for steam for quite some time. :([/QUOTE]

To up the ante a bit, this is also the lowest price I believe it's ever been on sale through Steam by $1. Usually it goes on sale for $5.

The game is awesome and you can play it in short bursts (although you might not). I'd bump it to the top of the backlog, it's one of my favorite games of the past 5 years.

For those on the fence about Amnesia:

If you want a game that WILL creep you out and can spare the $6.80, give it a try.

I was skeptical about it as I've NEVER had a game do anything more than a few second jump. However, after playing Amnesia for about an hour, I had to stop. It was beginning to play with my head a little more than I can take for an extended period of time.

I have plenty of money as I'm a pretty frugal person, so I have passed on a few good deals this sale. I was going to pass on Amnesia, but the thought of experiencing a game that could potentially be the first to mess with my head was too good to let by...and it's delivered.

Get it. It's worth the $6.80.

I remember twice while playing F.E.A.R. that the hair on my arms stood up. Don't remember a game giving me that reaction before. I don't think it was that scary or horror like of a game, but a couple of times I was really startled. Punumbra creeped me out too, but I really like it.

time is running out on today's deals.
i'm a casual gamer (for today at least)
not into horror/gory/bloody games
what are the must-gets?

[quote name='wilflare']time is running out on today's deals.
what are the must-gets?[/QUOTE]
Plants vs Zombies
Swords and Soldiers HD

[quote name='SkullTheTroll']I remember twice while playing F.E.A.R. that the hair on my arms stood up. Don't remember a game giving me that reaction before. I don't think it was that scary or horror like of a game, but a couple of times I was really startled. Punumbra creeped me out too, but I really like it.[/QUOTE]

I'll bet this is one of those moments. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fo7HA7Y89XI

[quote name='wilflare']time is running out on today's deals.
what are the must-gets?[/QUOTE]

Plants vs Zombies is definitely a must have (I just wish I had the time for it).

Man, I have about 15 minutes, but I'm still torn over Amnesia. I qualify for the $4.80 discount price, and it's a good deal on a game a lot of people seem to like.

I know there are only three days worth of new deals left (Sunday will probably be the second encore round.), so I don't know if it's worth grabbing now.

I need guidance. What do I do, CAG's?

I would say you should try out Plants Vs. Zombies GOTY. It is a fun game to play on my iphone and I heard it is a good game for PC. I might consider getting it because it is a good tower defense game. Other than tower defense games, there are many shooter/horror-genre shooters which is probably not your cup of tea. Hope this helps.

[quote name='EliotAndrews']Man, I have about 15 minutes, but I'm still torn over Amnesia. I qualify for the $4.80 discount price, and it's a good deal on a game a lot of people seem to like.

I know there are only three days worth of new deals left (Sunday will probably be the second encore round.), so I don't know if it's worth grabbing now.

I need guidance. What do I do, CAG's?[/QUOTE]

I was in the same boat as you...just on the fence both ways. Bought it, I couldn't get farther than an hour without taking a break. It messes with your head and is VERY interactive for being an indie game. It's worth the $4.80 IMO.

That's like 2 sandwiches at Burger King for a game that will almost certainly get in your head. :)

Plants vs Zombies is pretty fun so far. I bought it yesterday and installed it and got through maybe 6-7 levels. Very enjoyable!

[quote name='EliotAndrews']Man, I have about 15 minutes, but I'm still torn over Amnesia. I qualify for the $4.80 discount price, and it's a good deal on a game a lot of people seem to like.

I need guidance. What do I do, CAG's?[/QUOTE]

DO IT. If you like the genre that is. :)

If I have PvZ for my Ipod Touch, should I still get it for PC? Is it any different? Thinking of getting it before it goes out of sale. Please help.

Ended up passing on Sniper GW even though I really wanted it. Christmas killed me so I have to be careful and with a few days left something I might want more may come up.

Broke after Christmas, I gotta watch my spending in hopes of DoW2 gold going on daily. I did break down and get PvZ, Greed Corp and Winterbottom.

Edit for new deals - Singularity is the only one I'd really want, but not until it hits closer to $10. Guess there's always next year.

I got S&S and Archon with a few minutes to spare. I think I'll play them enough to justify $5. Hoping to play some Archon MP, though.

Aaannd we're live!

Oblivion GOTY for $10...not sure. I was kind of hoping for $5.

Arcadia looks like a less vibrant Geometry Wars.

Yucky deals today.

Have NFS:HP for Xbox, played Oblivion and GTA4 on Xbox, and already have L4D2.

Nothing for me today.

RUSE $33.49
Left 4 Dead 2 $6.79, $4.99 if you own L4D
Singularity $24.99
Hegemony: Philip of Macedon $3
Star Trek Online Digital Deluxe Edition $7.50
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit $29.99
Transformers: War for Cybertron $19.99
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion GOTY edition $9.99
Grand Theft Auto IV: Complete edition $10
Shatter $2.50
Europa Universalis III Complete $5
Grand Ages: Rome 80% off

Indie game is Arcadia, $1.70

Does anybody know if there was a Fallout 3 daily deal yet, cause im kind of waiting for that. But i might have missed it already does anybody remember?

I have Oblivion for the 360, although I haven't played it much as of yet.

Does the PC version offer any advantages over the console?

Hey guys for those that can't access GTA IV or it's locked out of your region feel free to PM me and I'll help you guys out.

$10 for it is a STEAL. Wish the Episodes were 75% off individually :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back