Steam Deal Thread V1 - Thread closed. See V2 thread for the deals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam deal thread V1! Read post # 2 for Steam FAQs and more.

This thread is no longer being updated. Please visit the V2 thread for Steam deal discussion. Thanks to everyone who made this thread a success.

Group Buys - Updated 05/20

Several multiplayer Steam games are available in 2-packs or 4-packs. These packs offer a discount over buying multiple copies of a game separately. We also maintain group buy trade threads for several games, so please use those threads if you're interested in setting up a group buy.

Free Stuff
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.
Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I grabbed something called the Oblivion Deluxe Edition a while back. Is there a difference between that and the GotY edition?

::edit::
Hmm. I wonder if the version I got was the GotY Deluxe? If so I guess my question would already be answered. I'll have to check the differences when I have a better computer to check it on than my phone.

Damn, went back and got Sniper GW since they hadn't changed the price yet. Probably not the best move I made but you only live once I guess.

[quote name='Cornkrise']Does anybody know if there was a Fallout 3 daily deal yet, cause im kind of waiting for that. But i might have missed it already does anybody remember?[/QUOTE]
I believe there was one on New Vegas, featuring a price around the $30 mark.

That's if I am remembering correctly, though.

[quote name='Cornkrise']Does anybody know if there was a Fallout 3 daily deal yet, cause im kind of waiting for that. But i might have missed it already does anybody remember?[/QUOTE]

Yep, GOTY was.. $20 I think? Now its ~22.

[quote name='jkimrey']I have Oblivion for the 360, although I haven't played it much as of yet.

Does the PC version offer any advantages over the console?[/QUOTE]

Mods. Hundreds of mods.

I think the GOTY edition was on sale the first day. I think it was 23 bucks or something like that.

Another weak day of deals on Steam. The newer games aren't marked down like they use to be and most of the time so far the games that are marked down heavily are old games that a lot of people already own. So weak.

Nothing for me again. Only thing tempting me is Oblivion GotY. Never had a chance to play this at all. That said, I might hold off until they decide to do 75% off. Already have Dragon Age Ultimate, The Witcher, and KotOR to contend with.

wtf, I'm 99% sure Grand ages and it's DLC were differently priced before the sale because I thought I might not get it because the DLC was still rather expensive. Now they're both equal >.<

4 euro's for both here. What's it in dollars?

Definitely picking up Oblivion now that I have a PC which can actually handle it. I just recently finished replaying it on 360 (and finishing off all the achievements) but I've always wanted to try out some mods.

[quote name='Dragonsbane']Dang first day I havent been tempted by something......Ah well cant all be winners..... potato pack where are you!?!?[/QUOTE]
Lmao I think most of us here feel the same.

[quote name='Monroeski']I think I grabbed something called the Oblivion Deluxe Edition a while back. Is there a difference between that and the GotY edition?[/QUOTE]
Look at the product page, it displays the other editions.
includes Knights of the Nine and the Shivering Isles expansions plus Fighter's Stronghold Expansion, Spell Tome Treasures, Vile Lair, Mehrune's Razor and much more.

Buy The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion® Game of the Year Edition Deluxe
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Game of the Year Edition Deluxe includes Knights of the Nine and the Shivering Isles expansions plus Fighter's Stronghold Expansion, Spell Tome Treasures, Vile Lair, Mehrune's Razor and much more. This edition is playable only in English language.

$12.49

If you plan to buy Oblivion, this version includes all the DLC and expansions.

Cheap day for me today....

Think I'll grab Europa Universalis III and Hegemony.

I can't really do much but laugh at most of the Activision deals so far though.

[quote name='Etae']Plants vs Zombies
Swords and Soldiers HD[/QUOTE]

I just bought the exact same two games before reading this. Thought for a second I had posted it myself.:lol:

Nothing for me today. I do recommend Shatter as a cheap, good buy. Then again, I was an Arkanoid nut back in the day :)

[quote name='Pheace']wtf, I'm 99% sure Grand ages and it's DLC were differently priced before the sale because I thought I might not get it because the DLC was still rather expensive. Now they're both equal >.<

4 euro's for both here. What's it in dollars?[/QUOTE]
Grand Ages Rome is 4 dollars here in the US

[quote name='Pheace']wtf, I'm 99% sure Grand ages and it's DLC were differently priced before the sale because I thought I might not get it because the DLC was still rather expensive. Now they're both equal >.<

$4 here for both

$4USD for Gold. The 80% doesn't seem to have been applied to individuals yet.

[quote name='cheapo72']$4USD for Gold. The 80% doesn't seem to have been applied to individuals yet.[/QUOTE]

Ow... for both ... I just checked wishlist and assumed it was each. That's a pretty good deal then xD

Thanks at prices

[quote name='Achpoques']15 minutes for the next sale. C'mon GRID! :p[/QUOTE]

i thought i was the only one waiting for an old game like grid or some of the other codemasters racing games to hit this sale. i already have dirt 2 and looking to pick up grid and top fuel.

i'm also looking for prototype.

i was going to pick up the gta since i thought it was the complete pack with gta 1-3, and then pick up max payne and bully separately, but it's just gta4 complete pack so i'll wait or just pick up the rockstar pack on sunday.

How is Shatter? I heard some of the music and it sounds really good but I'm not a big fan of breakout style games (but I'm open minded.)

Also looking for opinions on Universalis Europa III - I do like turn based strategy games though I haven't been heavily into one since Advance Wars 1/2. This one looks a little more like Civ - is that right?

Hello everyone, i'm new here. In fact, this is my very first post on this forum!
I just wanted to say that even though i didn't exactly contribute to the discussion here, i really enjoyed reading all of your posts the last week.
Then on to my question, i finished GTA 4 on my PS3, but never bought the expansions. Would it be worth it to buy GTA 4 complete pack on steam?
And is there a way so i don't have to play through the whole GTA 4 campaign again? I'd like to just play the expansions...

P.S. on the Steam episodes from liberty city page, i see there's a 15 copy DRM on it.
Is there also a DRM on GTA 4 complete pack, as i don't see it on the steam page, but you never know >.>

[quote name='frpilot']i thought i was the only one waiting for an old game like grid or some of the other codemasters racing games to hit this sale. i already have dirt 2 and looking to pick up grid and top fuel.

i'm also looking for prototype.

i was going to pick up the gta since i thought it was the complete pack with gta 1-3, and then pick up max payne and bully separately, but it's just gta4 complete pack so i'll wait or just pick up the rockstar pack on sunday.[/QUOTE]

You know what racing game needs to go on sale? Trackmania United. Been waiting for that to drop for a while. I do know that there's the free Trackmania game also on Steam and wholeheartedly recommend to anyone who hasn't tried it. It's a crazy build your own course kind of game - so if you ever liked Racing Destruction Set or those slot racers tracks with the loops, check it out.

[quote name='Shimrra']Nothing for me today, I was wondering should MMOs (pay every month) even be part of this sale? Has anyone bought any so far?[/QUOTE]

nope, passed on all the games with subscription fees. besides, if i ever venture into mmo game, i figure i just pick up wow or everquest and that will be all i need.

[quote name='johnny konami']You know what racing game needs to go on sale? Trackmania United. Been waiting for that to drop for a while. I do know that there's the free Trackmania game also on Steam and wholeheartedly recommend to anyone who hasn't tried it. It's a crazy build your own course kind of game - so if you ever liked Racing Destruction Set or those slot racers tracks with the loops, check it out.[/QUOTE]

will keep a lookout on that. i want to get f1 when it is under $10 one day and pick up the need for speed games. i need to get games compatible with my g27 so i get some good use out of it.

anyways, how is Hegemony Philip of Macedon. it's only $3, but single player strategy. I wonder if i will get bored playing by myself.

i might get the rome games and shatter. spend less than $10 today.. woo hoo

Sigh, I wanted Singularity, Transformers, and Need For Speed. But at those prices no way, more so the prices of Singularity and Transformers, at least Need for speed just came out like a month ago and is so what tempting but not enough.

I was thinking about Europa 3 so I went to the Steam forums for it and most the post I saw were about it crashing, not starting, or if it would even work. lol so scratch that one off.

Already own Oblivion, GTA4 and dont care about the episodes, and Shatter.

Oh well, more money for me.

Some good games on the list but I own/have owned all of them at one point in time. Indie deal just seems like a GW clone. After such a great sale day yesterday, today is a bit disappointing. Sure GTA is a great deal but didn't they have the entire GTA collection just a few weeks ago for like 12.50? I have 4 and all the dlc on 360 so I'm going to pass.

Id recommend for anyone who doesn't have them:

Shatter
Oblivion
GTA4 Complete
L4D2

The rest are a bit high or not for me.

A note about GTA4 Complete Pack -- even though the store page doesn't make it clear, when you purchase it you get GTA4 and the Episodes as separate entities on Steam, both of which use SecuRom DRM in addition to Steam. Just a heads up as the store page for the complete pack doesn't list it.

Probably in For Europa III Complete for $5. Always wanted to try my hand at that game. I remember hearing that there is a mod that improves things too. SOB!!! on the GTAIV complete deal. Bought Episodes during the give and get in one of the packs. If i waited could have got GTAIV for $2.50 more. Oh well I have GTAIV on 360 so no big deal.

[quote name='IPeePie']Hello everyone, i'm new here. In fact, this is my very first post on this forum!
I just wanted to say that even though i didn't exactly contribute to the discussion here, i really enjoyed reading all of your posts the last week.
Then on to my question, i finished GTA 4 on my PS3, but never bought the expansions. Would it be worth it to buy GTA 4 complete pack on steam?
And is there a way so i don't have to play through the whole GTA 4 campaign again? I'd like to just play the expansions...

P.S. on the Steam episodes from liberty city page, i see there's a 15 copy DRM on it.
Is there also a DRM on GTA 4 complete pack, as i don't see it on the steam page, but you never know >.>[/QUOTE]

Welcome to CAG! Expansions for GTA are new stories they aren't dependent on the main game. DRM is GFWL, it may use securom as well.

[quote name='Mooby']A note about GTA4 Complete Pack -- even though the store page doesn't make it clear, when you purchase it you get GTA4 and the Episodes as separate entities on Steam, both of which use SecuRom DRM in addition to Steam. Just a heads up as the store page for the complete pack doesn't list it.[/QUOTE]

SecuRom is the DRM ubisoft uses? so that you have to have an always on internet connection to play?

Regarding the MMO deals, specifically today's: I know some people probably won't want to take the chance, but there's been a lot of talk about Star Trek Online going to the free to play model LOTR Online is having lots of success with. I bought the game early and don't play it anymore because I didn't want to pay the sub. but would gladly come back if they did that.

Just a thought for those of you on the edge... there's no guarantee however.

Crap. L4D2 is on sale, wanted to get that and the first one, but I was hoping to wait until the end of the sale so I could see if the Valve Complete Pack went on sale again or not. Even though it's still cheaper to just buy the L4D1&2 Packs...I hate moments like these.

Oblivion Deluxe for me. Played through the game on the 360 but never got any of the DLC or expansions and for that price I'll have another go at it. I'd love Ruse but for that price its not going to happen.

I'll say this for Europa Universals III. I bought it for $5 on a previous sale (pretty sure it was for $5) and I sank 37 hours into it easy. It has a learning curve but once you get into it, you can kinda lose track of time. Also as far as it having issues. Since I bought it I've never had a single problem. (My OS is Windows 7 professional 64 bit if that matters) If your honestly on the fence I suggest giving the demo a try.

Also any opinions on Hegemony?

[quote name='frpilot']SecuRom is the DRM ubisoft uses? so that you have to have an always on internet connection to play?[/QUOTE]

I thought Ubi used TAGES. Securom is just a limited activation DRM.

I'm gonna have to go with Oblivion.. I got it on 360 at launch, probably put in 30+ hrs but hardly touched the main quest, got into WoW.. then never looked back (which I broke myself of about a year ago).. several years later I think I will give it another go on PC.

I played the shit out of morrowind on orig. xbox.. would like to see a sale on that

[quote name='cusoman']Regarding the MMO deals, specifically today's: I know some people probably won't want to take the chance, but there's been a lot of talk about Star Trek Online going to the free to play model LOTR Online is having lots of success with. I bought the game early and don't play it anymore because I didn't want to pay the sub. but would gladly come back if they did that.

Just a thought for those of you on the edge... there's no guarantee however.[/QUOTE]

Don't tempt me to buy it XD

Looking for opinions on Europa, Hegemony, and The Grand Ages games. I'm not super hardcore but have always been into strategy games, but I can't buy all of 'em. Demos downloading but still want to hear some thoughts if anyone has anything to say!

[quote name='cusoman']Regarding the MMO deals, specifically today's: I know some people probably won't want to take the chance, but there's been a lot of talk about Star Trek Online going to the free to play model LOTR Online is having lots of success with. I bought the game early and don't play it anymore because I didn't want to pay the sub. but would gladly come back if they did that.

Just a thought for those of you on the edge... there's no guarantee however.[/QUOTE]

If for some reason some one really wants Star Trek Online, I'd suggest getting it from Amazon and saving a few dollars. $2.50 for Regular, $5.00 for Deluxe.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1WZ7X5QNQZXRTQSAHXD9

[quote name='johnny konami']How is Shatter? I heard some of the music and it sounds really good but I'm not a big fan of breakout style games (but I'm open minded.)

Also looking for opinions on Universalis Europa III - I do like turn based strategy games though I haven't been heavily into one since Advance Wars 1/2. This one looks a little more like Civ - is that right?[/QUOTE]

I don't care for Breakout/Arkanoid type games either but Shatter was pretty fun and a great take on that genre. I'd definitely recommend it.

[quote name='pROvIs']I thought Ubi used TAGES. Securom is just a limited activation DRM.[/QUOTE]

you are probably right. i am unfamiliar with drm; i just know that it is not good for the legit end users.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back