Steam Deal Thread V1 - Thread closed. See V2 thread for the deals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam deal thread V1! Read post # 2 for Steam FAQs and more.

This thread is no longer being updated. Please visit the V2 thread for Steam deal discussion. Thanks to everyone who made this thread a success.

Group Buys - Updated 05/20

Several multiplayer Steam games are available in 2-packs or 4-packs. These packs offer a discount over buying multiple copies of a game separately. We also maintain group buy trade threads for several games, so please use those threads if you're interested in setting up a group buy.

Free Stuff
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.
Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Hudson187']I was really hoping Arma II Combined Ops would hit amazon's price of $12.50... really would have liked it on Steam!! :([/QUOTE]

same here.

Well time to see if the Indie Potato Pack actually exists. Even though im basically dried out from all the sales.

[quote name='Zippon']This has been one helluva Steam sale. Bravo to them for taking a bunch of my money with sick daily deals on a wide spectrum of games! :D

And hats off to eastx for his efforts in updating the first post. You couldn't ask for more:
--clean layout
--convenient links
--extra info when appropriate (links to reviews, vids, etc)

Thanks, man! :applause:[/QUOTE]

Ditto. Nicely run thread EastX. Also thanks to the other CAGs who answered questions throughout the sale.

I guess I'm passing on Zeno Clash. It looks pretty fun and "out there" but can't justify it for some reason.

So does everyone here have Nation Red already? I guess I missed the earlier sale on it a month or 2 back. I have been trying to find/start a group buy for a week or so but nobody has contacted me. Might just have to shell out the $5 for it...

Well, just calculated my totals, $82.25 so far. Hopefully the POTATO pack today...haha. Either way I am happy with what I got. The only NON daily deal games I have gotten are Winterbottom and MLB Front Office Manager. Should I get Sid Meier's Pirates!?

Shocked! I'm in the UK and GTA: Complete and Stalker both state in bold capitals - "NOT AVAILABLE IN YOUR REGION". For once I actually wanted something, it says I can't have it. *sadface*
Ahh oh well, saves me money I guess.

[quote name='EliotAndrews']Whether that was the case for you or not, it's just not good etiquette to denounce the original poster. After all, he's made efforts to keep everything updated on a daily basis. Showing a little appreciation would have been better.

Your parents must be proud.[/QUOTE]

+1, some people just don't get it.

Neverwinter Nights 2 Platinum $9.99
Hitman Collection $7.49
Empire & Napoleon Total War GOTY $24.99
L4D2 $6.80
PvZ $3.99
Killing Floor $4.99
Amnesia $6.80
Need for Speed Hot Pursuit $29.99
Dead Space $6.80
Mafia II $12.49
GTA IV Complete $9.99
STALKER bundle $4.99

Indie deal - Grotesque Tactics: Evil Heroes, $2.99

I won't buy any game that requires internet connection to work. A big reason I have games besides MMO's is for when my internet goes out.

So, wheres all those people who said they were so sure Steam wouldn't repeat games on this sale? lulz.

[quote name='gogoyippy']Shocked! GTA: Complete and Stalker both state in bold capitals - "NOT AVAILABLE IN YOUR REGION".[/QUOTE]
Give it a couple minutes and it'll fix itself. STALKER just showed up properly for me.

I guess I'm in for the STALKER pack. I'll wait until NWN2 Platinum is $5.

[quote name='paz9x']I grabbed joe's adventure since it furthers the main story. havent played it or the main game though, that was just my logic in purchasing.[/QUOTE]

It's Jimmy's Vendetta. I had bought the game from Amazon last week, so I ignored when it went on sale yesterday on Steam. Thanks for the heads-up. I'm pretty sure this DLC is worth $2.50, so I grabbed it in the final minutes it was discounted.

edit : It's an encore deal, so it's still available for the next 24 hours. Heh.

[quote name='EliotAndrews']Whether that was the case for you or not, it's just not good etiquette to denounce the original poster. After all, he's made efforts to keep everything updated on a daily basis. Showing a little appreciation would have been better.

Your parents must be proud.[/QUOTE]
My parents are dead.

Your parents must be proud.

[quote name='gogoyippy']Shocked! GTA: Complete and Stalker both state in bold capitals - "NOT AVAILABLE IN YOUR REGION". For once I actually wanted something, it says I can't have it. *sadface*
Ahh oh well, saves me money I guess.[/QUOTE]

search for it i think you still can buy it. it said that for me as well but when i went to the game i could add it to my cart. GTA is 9.99 for the pack.

Do The Void, The Path and Burn Zombie Burn make the rest of the Fright pack worth getting since I already have Scourge Project and Zombie Driver already?

[quote name='Brak']My parents are dead.

Your parents must be proud.[/QUOTE]Then your parents must be rolling over in their grave.

haha Good to know by the way, I'm sure that's what this thread wants to know. :D

"The Not in my Region", seems not to really matter downloading GTA 4 for 10$ and in the USA. Figured on final day go ahead and buy just for the lost and the damned,

Thanks Steam, for the sale and stretching my entertainment dollar.

Thanks EastX, for your work on this thread.

[quote name='Cornkrise']Then your parents must be rolling over in their grave.

haha Good to know by the way, I'm sure that's what this thread wants to know. :D[/QUOTE]
Aspergers Syndrome runnin' wild.

[quote name='Mike UFC']Do The Void, The Path and Burn Zombie Burn make the rest of the Fright pack worth getting since I already have Scourge Project and Zombie Driver already?[/QUOTE]

Maybe. The Void and The Path are both a bit more 'artsy' than 'general audience fun.' Haven't tried BZB yet, but The Void and The Path are def. worth it if you have any interest in 'weird.'

Hmm, more time to deliberate on Mafia II (and a chance to consider it against GTA IV Complete--I still haven't tried the 'expansions'). Glad to see Grotesque Tactics for less than Amazon's $4.99. Just about nabbed it there yesterday as I've been eyeing it since release.

[quote name='Mike UFC']Do The Void, The Path and Burn Zombie Burn make the rest of the Fright pack worth getting since I already have Scourge Project and Zombie Driver already?[/QUOTE]

The Void is definitely worth getting for $5 on its own. I would say the same for The Path, however its more of an experience than a game, and people like to get fussy about that. Burn Zombie Burn is terrible. :S

[quote name='Cornkrise']No potato :(, And wasn't the Empire and Napoleon Total War Pack cheaper?[/QUOTE]

It was $19.99 if you already had Rome or Medieval II (Both $7.49). Though if you didn't had you bought either one along with Empire for $27.48 to me it was the greatest value of the sale maybe only bested by GTA IV complete today.

[quote name='Brak']Aspergers Syndrome runnin' wild.[/QUOTE] Yeah buddy i'm not gonna create and argument on this thread, but with all due respect you were the one telling us about your dead parents.

[quote name='agentghost']Killing Floor versus Left 4 Dead 2 versus Team Fortress 2?

I have only money left for 1. Which one is more fun to pick up? Thanks guys[/QUOTE]I would say Killing Floor or TF2, Im saying that because IMO Killing Floor is way more fun the Left 4 Dead 2, and I own both.

I'm attempting to buy the Stalker bundle but it says "some items in your cart are overlapping." Is this because I already own Shadows of Chernobyl? and is there any way around this? I really want to try Call of Pripyat, but it cost $10 bit itself.

The Void and The Path are fairly 'artsy' games -- chances are you'll either like them or hate them. Burn Zombie Burn is just a straight up overhead survival shooter although it's a bit of a sloppy port that gets no developer support.

Hmm, $6 left in my steam wallet. Not sure what I should get if anything. Spent about $45 all totalled on somethling like 30 games.

Wish they would have put Oblivion up again. If anyone has a spare gift hit me up I'm mikespit12000 on steam.

[quote name='Rohsiph']Maybe. The Void and The Path are both a bit more 'artsy' than 'general audience fun.' Haven't tried BZB yet, but The Void and The Path are def. worth it if you have any interest in 'weird.'
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='helmet']The Void is definitely worth getting for $5 on its own. I would say the same for The Path, however its more of an experience than a game, and people like to get fussy about that. Burn Zombie Burn is terrible. :S[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the thoughts, guys. I think I'll get it then.

I'm tempted all over again by the Hitman games. Should I grab Hitman 2 and Blood Money? I do not know.

I suspect that, by the end of today, I'll have purchased them.

[quote name='agentghost']Killing Floor versus Left 4 Dead 2 versus Team Fortress 2?[/QUOTE]
Well, you just missed the TF2 deal for $5, if that helps.

[quote name='scarletriptide']I'm attempting to buy the Stalker bundle but it says "some items in your cart are overlapping." Is this because I already own Shadows of Chernobyl?[/QUOTE]
I don't think so. I don't have any of them and it's telling me "all games are already in cart" when it's the only thing there. I'll have to wait until it un-glitches itself. (EDIT: fixed)

[quote name='iso135']Steam sales were here for me, now they are gone... weird.[/QUOTE]
Normal for the page to go haywire for a bit. It's back now.

[quote name='Cornkrise']I would say Killing Floor or TF2, Im saying that because IMO Killing Floor is way more fun the Left 4 Dead 2, and I own both.[/QUOTE]

but does Killing Floor have tons of fun mods like Left 4 Dead 2?

[quote name='Firvagor']Well, you just missed the TF2 deal for $5, if that helps.

I don't think so. I don't have any of them and it's telling me "all games are already in cart" when it's the only thing there. I'll have to wait until it un-glitches itself.

Normal for the page to go haywire for a bit. It's back now.[/QUOTE]

It's back for me now, but mafia 2 says $44.99 and when I hover over it, it says Medal of Honor, lol.

Killing Floor comes up as $4.99 for me with $2 for the DLC or $6.99 with the bundle, but the main page says $4.99 for the game and all the packs.

This coming up for anyone else? If so, are the packs worth it?

[quote name='agentghost']but does Killing Floor have tons of fun mods like Left 4 Dead 2?[/QUOTE]I am not sure if it has as many as Left 4 Dead 2 but people have made Custom maps and some mods, here is one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1M0IAbRz7Ow

Also it comes with a steam official mod called Defense Alliance 2 which is like Team Fortress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back