Steam Deal Thread V1 - Thread closed. See V2 thread for the deals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam deal thread V1! Read post # 2 for Steam FAQs and more.

This thread is no longer being updated. Please visit the V2 thread for Steam deal discussion. Thanks to everyone who made this thread a success.

Group Buys - Updated 05/20

Several multiplayer Steam games are available in 2-packs or 4-packs. These packs offer a discount over buying multiple copies of a game separately. We also maintain group buy trade threads for several games, so please use those threads if you're interested in setting up a group buy.

Free Stuff
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.
Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Meatyflakes']Well damn, bit on BC2 + Vietnam. I have a wired 360 controller for the PC, but I bet I should just re acclimate myself towards A/W/S/D.

I dread my upcoming horrific online stats...[/QUOTE]

Take if from me, If you play with a 360 controller on a PC shooter you are gonna get lit up.

[quote name='gcorlett']That is correct, unfortunately. You generally have to pair up Vietnam with the same way you got BC2.

There is a stickied thread in the Battlefield forum at Steam about this.
I hope this helps someone here. Again, this is from a stickied Dice post on the Steam forums.[/QUOTE]

Thats a great post, thank you.

[quote name='Gatorteen']Take if from me, If you play with a 360 controller on a PC shooter you are gonna get lit up.[/QUOTE]

That's not necessarily true...I've been top 3 more times than I can count in Black Ops using my xbox controller on pc.

debating on whether to pick up Battlefield 2 or not (i own Bad Company 2 on 360)...i'll probably just wait for the next time it's on sale since i just picked up Crysis yesterday and have barely had time to play it...

Decided to go for MOH: Airborne. Already have all the BC2 stuff and MOH is still too expensive. Hopefully it will be cheaper during the spring or holiday sale.

[quote name='BGriffith']That's not necessarily true...I've been top 3 more times than I can count in Black Ops using my xbox controller on pc.[/QUOTE]

That says more about Black Ops than it does about using a controller on competitive pc fps.

[quote name='Finishoff']Picked up BFBC2, along with the DLC from killerthrust.[/QUOTE]

thank you Finishoff and Jedik for buying it from me. Been meaning to get rid of the 2 codes. thanks again

Battlefield / MoH day was def the most tempting of the EA days for me, but at the end of the sale, I wrap it up with a grand total of 2.50 spent, on MoH:Airborne.

Come on, summer sale!

Good Week for me with Mass Effect, Dead Space and Bad Company 2. New computer coming soon, can't wait to go from a primary console gamer to primary pc gamer (or maybe half and half lmao)

[FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot]13,60 for B:BC2... no thanks. It was cheaper on the winter sale and I already own it on the 360 anyways along with Vietnam. Maybe the summer sale. Besldes, why the hell do they price it so high compared to USA? More than twice as much and the euro is alot more worth too!

€ 15 for MOH... tough decision. I'm likely not going to play multiplayer but I really want to play the single player campaign. Though 15 for just that... no I think I will pass. Besides, this price aint special as it's easy to find it for the same price in general stores.

MOH:A looks interesting for that price. But I doubt if I'll ever come to playing it seeing my backlog... :roll: Unless anyone can convince me it's REALLY GOOD I'll pass on that too.

[/FONT]

The Witcher 2 fans take note:

[quote name='cheapo72']Though it is not reflected on the store page at the moment, the Steam version of TW2 is going to have achievements & cloud saves. The store pages are often missing some feature data before release.[/QUOTE]

Apparently this is true according to these two sources:

[youtube]_Ynx522jesY[/youtube]
Minute 13:19

and

http://www.destructoid.com/the-witcher-2-pre-order-details-and-drm-free-gog-deal-188044.phtml

Now I have to get both the Steam and retail versions. Silly me.

[quote name='HeSaveDave']Yay eastx is back! WB!

Can you update the subject for the EA sale please?[/QUOTE]

Thanks Dave!

And yes, if you insist. :) Just PM me if the thread ever needs updating when I'm not around.

A combination of average or repeat deals and games I already had means just one game for me this week - Medal of Honor: Airborne.

I'm buying that one mainly for singleplayer. It stand out to me mostly because of the unique angle of parachuting into the battle (however limited it may be). I feel like there's enough there for me to warrant the $2.50 asking price.

[quote name='eastx']
http://www.destructoid.com/the-witcher-2-pre-order-details-and-drm-free-gog-deal-188044.phtml
[/QUOTE]

The first source is good, but Destructoid never counts as a "source". They proudly say they are not a journalistic entity, which is reflected in their intention to rile their readers so as to elicit more comments which net the individual writers more money (their lead writer's words: http://www.destructoid.com/hey-dickheads-left-4-dead-is-not-halo-113840.phtml ) and such shining examples of integrity as this:

http://www.destructoid.com/mgs4-is-coming-to-the-xbox-360-updated--31775.phtml

Sorry for derailing the topic. Witcher 2 looks awesome.

[quote name='HeSaveDave']Caved on BC2 and Nam after watching some medic vids.[/QUOTE]
Don't forget to set the sound to Wartapes

[quote name='HeSaveDave']So, guys what are we lookin' at today? Spore? Hodgepodge?[/QUOTE]

It seems like the only series left are CNC and soccer games. So I would guess CNC day or a mix of single games like Bulletstorm, Mirror's Edge, DeathSpank, Shank, etc if there is another day.

[quote name='hal']No, this (Battlefield/MOH) was the last day of the EA sale.[/QUOTE]I thought it said THROUGH the 9th? And doesn't the Steam deals usually roll over at 12-noon PST?

There have been placeholder days listed on the front page of Steam all week. Such as...

Thursday: Mass Effect
Friday: Crysis
Saturday: ????
Sunday: ????

Notice there are now no more placeholders.

[quote name='hal']There have been placeholder days listed on the front page of Steam all week. Such as...

Thursday: Mass Effect
Friday: Crysis
Saturday: ????
Sunday: ????

Notice there are now no more placeholders.[/QUOTE]

I know Thursday was yesterday, today is Friday; tomorrow is Saturday, and Sunday is afterwards, BUT WHAT COMES AFTER THAT?!

Also, I'm with the people saying there won't be any more deals. Due to the above quote and that they've all mostly ended on Mondays right around this time.

Always sad to see a deal end with nothing to replace it with. Still managed to snag Dragon Age ultimate for $20 made the sale for me. Course it was also the only thing I bought XD

[quote name='Pheace']This item is currently unavailable in your region :([/QUOTE]

It is in the US, because I bought it a few minutes ago. Also, a game called Spacechem is 50% off. I don't think that was on the list before, but I could be wrong.

[quote name='mietha']It is in the US, because I bought it a few minutes ago. Also, a game called Spacechem is 50% off. I don't think that was on the list before, but I could be wrong.[/QUOTE]

It wasn't there when I was looking a second ago. I think they are in the process of updating things. I think the Duke Nukem Forever preorder just went up as well.

Duke Nukem Forever pre-order is up!

10% Off too http://store.steampowered.com/app/57900/ $49.99 $44.99

Note: This is a Steamworks title, which means you get Steam whether you like it or not (I assume you do if you're in this thread!). It also means buy it as cheap as you can wherever you can because it'll all end up on your Steam account regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back