Steam Deal Thread V1 - Thread closed. See V2 thread for the deals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam deal thread V1! Read post # 2 for Steam FAQs and more.

This thread is no longer being updated. Please visit the V2 thread for Steam deal discussion. Thanks to everyone who made this thread a success.

Group Buys - Updated 05/20

Several multiplayer Steam games are available in 2-packs or 4-packs. These packs offer a discount over buying multiple copies of a game separately. We also maintain group buy trade threads for several games, so please use those threads if you're interested in setting up a group buy.

Free Stuff
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.
Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Last edited by a moderator:
I want a COD game for PC but this is still like 10 - 15 bucks too much for my cheap ass, especially considering it's a few years old with MW3 right around the corner.

[quote name='gunstar808']Well DA:Ultimate is $10.20[/QUOTE]

Damn it, that is the game I wanted... Any one want to do a gift exchange with me since I can't see it for some reason...

Anyone have thoughts on Assassin's Creed? Is there any reason to still play the first game or should I just grab 2? Going to pass on Brotherhood likely until it gets cheaper, but I've been wanting to pick up AC 2 for the PC. Why is AC 1 as expensive as the sequel?

[quote name='JasonTerminator']With no multiplayer, the best part of Diablo.

Hence why even at $3, after everybody saying the game is great, I'm still probably not going to buy it.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, at this point you're better off waiting for Diablo 3 since it's really close now.

[quote name='MrDarkstorm']Damn it, that is the game I wanted... Any one want to do a gift exchange with me since I can't see it for some reason...[/QUOTE]

It's a DA franchise sale. Just click the DA2 icon on the main page

[quote name='JP']MW2 should be $10.[/QUOTE]

Seriously man, I thought it would be too. Oh well I guess they don't get my business then. General question is it worth it to get the expansion with Tropico 3 Gold Edition or should I just get the regular game?

[quote name='mickleohb']How is War for Cybertron on PC? I've been thinking about picking this game up and $7.49 seems like a good price[/QUOTE]

I'm wondering the same thing.

[quote name='Jodou']Yeah, at this point you're better off waiting for Diablo 3 since it's really close now.[/QUOTE]

I have more faith that steam will have a great sale tomorrow than Diablo 3's release date being really close.

For 3 bucks you absolutely can't go wrong with Torchlight. It is a fantastic dungeon crawler with 100 separate levels. Even if Diablo 3 came out tomorrow Id still pick it up and play through it today.

DA:O Ultimate edition is not available for some regions (including mine), that's why some people can't see it.
But goddamn it! I thought it wouldn't go much cheaper than $20 for the rest of the year so I bought it for that last time it went on sale and I still haven't touched it....ARGH!

That's it, no more buying anything over $10 unless I'm going to play it right away!!

Kinda disappointed in the sale so far. Nothing very good that I don't already have. Which of course isn't their fault. Just seems like it's always the same stuff. I'd buy Dragon Age II if it was actually a good sale price. like 10$ or so. But I only see it dropping in price much faster as the year goes on. You can get it retail for this price or cheaper.

Lackluster is the nicest thing I can say about today's sales. The only decent sales I've already bought, and in some cases for less. Oh well. Assassin's Creed 1/2 would've got my business at $5 each.

Anybody know why Dawn of Discovery isn't on steam anymore?! I was hoping so hard for a sale on a complete pack and its not even available!

[quote name='DeadlyToothpick']I have more faith that steam will have a great sale tomorrow than Diablo 3's release date being really close.[/QUOTE]
At worst, it will slip into early next year but expect an announcement at Blizzcon for sure.

[quote name='mickleohb']How is War for Cybertron on PC? I've been thinking about picking this game up and $7.49 seems like a good price[/QUOTE]

My husband is a big old-school Transformers fan, and he really enjoyed War for Cybertron. It has two different storylines. One focuses on the Autobots, and one focuses on the Decepticons.

[quote name='lassiterb']For anyone with Defense Grid, you can get all 4 dlc packs for under a dollar. For anyone without Defense Grid, buy it![/QUOTE]
Absolutely!

Since all the bigger games have rather lackluster pricing, this would be a good day to get Defense Grid and Torchlight for those that don't already have them. And, as pointed out above, all the Defense Grid DLC can be redeemed for 3 lousy tickets.

Not a daily deal, but part of today's achivement game - Flight Control HD is a really fun casual game and it's $1.25.

[quote name='gunstar808']Well DA:Ultimate is $10.20[/QUOTE]

If anyone is missing ALL Dragon Age stuff - that DA Complete Pack is a killer deal (DAO - Ultimate + DA2).

[quote name='hal']Absolutely!

Since all the bigger games have rather lackluster pricing, this would be a good day to get Defense Grid and Torchlight for those that don't already have them. And, as pointed out above, all the Defense Grid DLC can be redeemed for 3 lousy tickets.
[/QUOTE]

You read my mind :D

Those are the two games I will be grabbing today. Along with the Defense Grid DLC for 3 measly tickets ;)

Goddamnit, Steam!!! I can't believe I paid $25 for DA:O - UE during the holiday sale and these fuckers have it for $10.20! Goddamnit!!!

[quote name='RockMySocks10']Does anyone know what the War for Cybertron Co-op is like? Can you play the whole game online with a friend or is it a special co-op campaign?[/QUOTE]

It's the normal campaign with a friend. You can also do the 'Nazi Zombie' style survival mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back