Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Yeah this topic is kind of interesting, seems like there is some running jokes that I don't understand but all is good. I'll go back into hiding for now
Yeah I am a SeasonalCAG or lurker that has been around since 2005. I use to post alot more before this thread was even off topic was mostly talking to myself so now I do it in TheHangout and mostly talk to myself. I read the thread everyday just to see the funny shet people post. See you guys next month for another SeasonalPost.

I feel like we need a glossary or an appendix or something.

Every time I mention Tebow I imagine some lurkers picturing Tim Tebow instead of some brain damaged Vietnamese kid with seriously fucked up typing skills.
Haha... you hit the nail on the head with that statement (is he that picture of the strange asian boy making a weird face?)

I also don't know what a gilby is, a fakeybro, and I am not really sure what a spodered is either

Haha... you hit the nail on the head with that statement (is he that picture of the strange asian boy making a weird face?)

I also don't know what a gilby is, a fakeybro, and I am not really sure what a spodered is either
Yeah that's him. He liked to take selfies making, err, interesting faces.

Fakeybro is to pay at or near full price for a game. There was a guy here named Snakeybro who used to do that and it was like WTF dude why are you at CAG again? Some people here sort of expanded 'Fakeybro' to basically be anything but paying rock bottom 75% off or in a bundle. There's a certain shame associated with being a bad cheapass.

To Spoder is to get someone to give you something free which Spoder has a talent for.

To Gilby is to want a bundle or sale, intend to get it before it ends but then forget and come back and say 'Oops, I meant to get that' as Gilby has been known to do.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fakeybro is to pay at or near full price for a game. There was a guy here named Snakeybro who used to do that and it was like WTF dude why are you at CAG again? Some people here sort of expanded 'Fakeybro' to basically be anything but paying rock bottom 75% off or in a bundle. There's a certain shame associated with being a bad cheapass.
To Spoder is to get someone to give you something free which Spoder has a talent for.
To Gilby is to want a bundle or sale, intend to get it before it ends but then forget and come back and say 'Oops, I meant to get that' as Gilby has been known to do.
Thanks a bunch for the explanations, now I can sort of understand what everyone is talking about. Kind of assumed they all meant the same thing.

And not meaning this in a bad way, but is Tebow a real person here? Or is he just some fake thing

Thanks a bunch for the explanations, now I can sort of understand what everyone is talking about. Kind of assumed they all meant the same thing.

And not meaning this in a bad way, but is Tebow a real person here? Or is he just some fake thing
Tebow was on CAG. Tebow got banned.

It's his fapping face.
heart-shaped-food-7.jpg

What's a Motoki

... uh, yeah, I know. I activated my copy of UT3 years ago. :p
I didn't have any problems connecting to online servers... I just didn't see any of you guys on one of them.

This is a fun enough game to make it a weekend night event sometime, and the vehicle gametypes (which I think would appeal to the most people) really need 8-10 players to make it work. Otherwise, you're limited to CTF or TDM/DM.

It was fun playing again, even if it was by myself with a bunch of bots.

Haha, I didn't know those were actually him. Explains a lot really.

Does he actually play any games or does he just idle Dawn of War and Colonial Marines for hours and hours everyday for no apparent reason?

Heh, I wish he was fake or a troll. It would make more sense that way, but he's all too real.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/icedragon15

Also you can join his group and go to his chat room to experience it for yourself. :p

https://steamcommunity.com/groups/Ilovebarbieblankandkaitlyn
Where's Ackbar when you need him?

Unless you want to read horrifying things man was not meant to see, I strongly suggest avoiding that group. Value your sanity. Satisfying your curiosity is not worth the price you will pay.

Edit: Actually just viewing the group page should be enough to convince you that extended exposure to Tebow is hazardous to the mind.

Haha, I didn't know those were actually him. Explains a lot really.

Does he actually play any games or does he just idle Dawn of War and Colonial Marines for hours and hours everyday for no apparent reason?
What? Doesn't everyone have 3,000 hours in Aliens: Colonial Marines?

That's 126 days! That's just over one third of a year playing Aliens: Colonial Marines!!! That's just unnatural for anyone.

Are we sure Tebow isn't a failed AI experiment? Based on his Tebowese language and grammar alone that hypothesis has some validity.

ITT: Daykain admits he's a major CS:GO player with a loaded inventory. excuse me while i think of ways to scam his account.
HELLS NO! My inventory is under $100. I pretty much will only buy the skins under $1 with some minor exceptions. Waiting for stickers and tourney cases to go up in price takes forever. It is like the worst stock market ever! I just don't have the patience.

Also I am far from being a major player. [emoji6] To The Division I will go! Really hope servers will be stable launch day but Ubi servers always seem unreliable at launch for other games however beta leaves me hopeful since connection drops were not an issue for me.

To The Division I will go! Really hope servers will be stable launch day but Ubi servers always seem unreliable at launch for other games however beta leaves me hopeful since connection drops were not an issue for me.
Ditto here also. I'm sort of expecting problems as it seems to be the norm but I never saw an issue on PC on the beta. So here's to hoping.

PC unlocks everywhere at once while the consoles unlock as time zones pass midnight. Console might have the advantage in being stable.

It doesn't look like it, but has like 2 inch risers built in.

Should I still have something underneath that?

It's definitely a good idea. I have two fans underneath as intakes, so maybe it would help have less dust and overall better flow/protection to raise it even 3 more inches with something like wood?

It's definitely a good idea. I have two fans underneath as intakes, so maybe it would help have less dust and overall better flow/protection to raise it even 3 more inches with something like wood?
Yea, 3 inches will be fine (could technically just put a piece of wood underneath).

I have a matching shelf I could move next to the desk and put the tower on top, it's black tempered glass though, not sure I would trust this beast on top lol.

Where's Ackbar when you need him?

Unless you want to read horrifying things man was not meant to see, I strongly suggest avoiding that group. Value your sanity. Satisfying your curiosity is not worth the price you will pay.

Edit: Actually just viewing the group page should be enough to convince you that extended exposure to Tebow is hazardous to the mind.
I dunno, he seems to understand that violence against MysterD is a positive.

Why i cant change this lol was lazy bahah spnaking tiem for mysterd hehe spanky spanky!!

I've had my computers on the carpet going on over a year now and haven't noticed any more dust accumulating than when I kept my computer on my desk back when I had a smaller case. I mean, I'm sure being directly on any floor will bring it in closer contact to dirt and dust, but none of my fans are at the bottom so that probably helps.

Uh, a bit late guys.

Steam Support <[email protected]>
9:06 AM (0 minutes ago)

Dear Steam User,

As you may know, for a brief period on December 25th, a configuration error resulted in some Steam users seeing incorrectly cached Steam Store pages generated for other Steam users. If you are not familiar with the issue, an overview of what happened is available at http://store.steampowered.com/news/19852/ .

If you accessed the Steam Store between 11:50 PST and 13:20 PST on December 25th, your account could have been affected by this issue. If you did not use the Steam Store during that time, your account was not affected.

Between the times above, a requested web page for information about your Steam account may have been incorrectly displayed to another Steam user in your local area. This page may have included your email address, country, purchase history and last 4 digits of your phone number if one was associated with your account. It may have also included the last two digits of a credit card number or a PayPal email address, if previously saved for future purchases. It did not include full credit card numbers, Steam account passwords, or other information that would allow another user to complete a transaction with your billing information.

We are contacting you because an IP address previously used by your account to access Steam made a web page request as described above. Because IP addresses are commonly shared for home networks, mobile devices and by internet providers, we are unable to verify that your account was actually the one that made this request. For example one affected IP address was previously used by over 1,700 Steam accounts. Consequently we are notifying all users who have previously used this IP address.

This event did not make it possible to compromise your Steam account or make a fraudulent transaction from your account, but we want you to be aware of what information could have been seen by another Steam user.

We're sorry this happened and have taken steps to prevent this problem from occurring in the future.

If you used the store between 11:50 PST and 13:20 PST on December 25th and you have questions please email [email protected].

- Valve

And his top choice out of everything is Aliens: Colonial Marines?
For a while, I had the (global? national?) high score in Audiosurf for Doris Day's "Girl from Ipanema" despite a pretty low score. Mainly because few people who play Audiosurf are also big Doris Day fans.

What I'm saying here is that A:CM is pretty low-hanging fruit if you want Raptr e-peen.

bread's done
Back