Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
PS+ is like a necessity if you have a PS console. Makes things more closer to PC level.
Not so much on the PS3; you can get occasionally-good deals without it on the store and also score cheap physical stuff on occasion or if you wait long enough for it. It's critical for a PS4, because Sony linked multiplayer to having +, in a weird and Microsoft-like move (well, it's not that weird--both of the big two are making a huge push in this generation to get gamers to "go digital," even if gamers themselves might not be so keen on the idea.)

Having a movie delivered with your pizza seems so basic that it blew my mind when someone actually offered it.  Why hasn't this been a thing since the 80s?

So, what I've learned is that if I do all sorts of gymnastics with driving around and flipping, trading and waiting on B2G1 deals and don't mind trading in my games afterwards rather than keeping them I can kinda sorta get deals sorta comparable to sitting on my ass at my PC.

I'm convinced!
If you're fine with digital only on PC, then stick with it. I'm just showing you the other side. I take the best of both, personally.

Having a movie delivered with your pizza seems so basic that it blew my mind when someone actually offered it. Why hasn't this been a thing since the 80s?
I don't know, but we had one small-time guy who started up a video/pizza store about 10-15 miles from my house in the neighborhood of 10 years ago. I don't think he lasted very long. I guess people around here just like their Domino's and Papa John's pizzas.

I don't know, but we had one small-time guy who started up a video/pizza store about 10-15 miles from my house in the neighborhood of 10 years ago. I don't think he lasted very long. I guess people around here just like their Domino's and Papa John's pizzas.
Do you live in Boobyville?

WHVQLAZ.jpg

I started a Pizza/Hooker business once.  The slogan was Bring Your Own Meat because we only sold cheese pizzas and only had female prostitutes.  Sadly, the cheese pizza policy was our undoing.  People want meat with their sex.  Lesson learned.  

Having a movie delivered with your pizza seems so basic that it blew my mind when someone actually offered it. Why hasn't this been a thing since the 80s?
Weird coincidence, I've been thinking about starting a joint pizza delivery/home video creation service

Wait, not sure we're on the same wavelength.

Hmm, 50% off Final Fantasy V, VI and Lightning Returns isn't terrible considering how chintzy Square is with their FF sales and how few stores carry those vs the older releases, but 75% of even 66% would be better. :p

Dragon Quest Heroes was 50% off but not mentioned on the publisher weekend page, now it's there but the discount is only 33%. Square still picking on Enix

Dragon Quest Heroes was 50% off but not mentioned on the publisher weekend page, now it's there but the discount is only 33%. Square still picking on Enix
Aw man I wanted that too. And now I missed a glitch. fuck.

I should just buy the console version where it's oddly enough cheaper.

*Edit:

M5UrNfn.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ytCEuuW2_A

Last edited by a moderator:
And his top choice out of everything is Aliens: Colonial Marines?
It actually makes a little sense cause if he's doing it for "e-peen", why would anyone in their right mind want to be the top player on that piece of shit? My guess is there's very little competition for that particular game or at least is easier to achieve. I imagine better games have more insane #s. Obviously, he's insane, but there may be a method to his particular brand of madness.

So, what I've learned is that if I do all sorts of gymnastics with driving around and flipping, trading and waiting on B2G1 deals and don't mind trading in my games afterwards rather than keeping them I can kinda sorta get deals sorta comparable to sitting on my ass at my PC.

I'm convinced!
Console gaming isn't for you. It's cool bro. No worries m8. :grouphug:

Since it's been bundled at least a couple times and don't care if lurkers nab it:

Star Wars Balance of the Force or whatever tables:

R9IP0-6JVZT-8MHQA

Mentioning Mad Max reminds me: I got in one the Best Buy laptop/Xbox One glitch and already gave my wife the laptop and am holding the X1 for my kid's birthday* on Saturday. So I figured I should pick him up a couple games. Man, pricing for console games is shit. Friggin' $20-$60 for anything within the last 18 months and it's usually closer to $60 than $20. How the hell are you supposed to backlog a thousand games at sixty bucks a pop!?
That's why you don't be a mormon and only buy games when there's a deal on them posted here.

Have a free Balance of the Force Pinball FX key to give to the first regular (who doesnt own it) and answers my question to my satisfaction:

Who shot first, Han or Greedo?

Gone.

Consoles are good for the exclusives and things that get shit PC ports. That's really about it. That is pretty much why I have quite a few games for my Wii U and PS3 but next to nothing for my Xbone. The flip game can be pretty decent without much driving. I see people doing the whole "run around to 5 best buys and 5 gamestops thing"....not my style.

So maybe you bros can solve a dilemma for me:

Pay $65 for The Division Gold (Base + SP) on Steam (Reseller on Steamtrades)

or

Pay $35ish for an Nvidia Key for Uplay for just base game.

or

Not buy it at all

1.  I'm frustrated that the prices for the Nvidia keys haven't dropped.  One guy posted it for $28 and I thought it might lead to some competition, but then he sold out so the prices remain shitty.

2. The SP seems like it could be something where you benefit from having it at launch only because they promise monthly benefits for a year.  I'm sure it's your usual MMO type stuff like double XP or other random crap, but if it is only offered for a year, getting the SP down the line could mean you miss some of the bonuses (they don't specify if they mean a year in real time or a year from purchase).

3.  It launches the 8th, I'll be travelling from the 15th through the 23rd so I basically get a  week with it and then have to not play it for a week so part of me wonders if I should just wait and get it later, though not too much later, since I really do think this will be a game that will be a lot better if you buy it on release or close to release and might just be a meh experience a year from now if the game servers are empty.  

And triple post:

Logitech is out of G100s mice so they are sending me a G300s to replace my broken one.  I have to say, you can't beat that customer service.  We'll see how I like it once it gets here. 

Probably because they didn't need to offer it until everyone stopped going to video rental stores. I do remember quite a few mom/pop chains offering this back in the day, so its not unusual just something that the bigger chains never bothered with. Is the pizza any good that gets delivered?

or

I dropped $100 on the Steam Gold version.

I'm not suggesting that you go for the full package, just offering up a comparison so you can feel better about dropping $65 on it.

Brodates are being posted here from now on:

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/354613-spoderfox-events-list-play-games-with-other-cags/

I also might start doing a weekly brodate instead of nightly so I will have it up after tonight's Wild Frontera event. Anyone who joins and wishes too is also free to provide brodates and encouraged to do so.
I must've missed the first time you posted about that (if you did?), because I had no idea about that thread, and no one told me about it lol

or

or

Not buy it at all

1. I'm frustrated that the prices for the Nvidia keys haven't dropped. One guy posted it for $28 and I thought it might lead to some competition, but then he sold out so the prices remain shitty.

2. The SP seems like it could be something where you benefit from having it at launch only because they promise monthly benefits for a year. I'm sure it's your usual MMO type stuff like double XP or other random crap, but if it is only offered for a year, getting the SP down the line could mean you miss some of the bonuses (they don't specify if they mean a year in real time or a year from purchase).

3. It launches the 8th, I'll be travelling from the 15th through the 23rd so I basically get a week with it and then have to not play it for a week so part of me wonders if I should just wait and get it later, though not too much later, since I really do think this will be a game that will be a lot better if you buy it on release or close to release and might just be a meh experience a year from now if the game servers are empty.
Wait for $10 sale.

I must've missed the first time you posted about that (if you did?), because I had no idea about that thread, and no one told me about it lol
Its probably gonna end up like the official steam thread over there. Why post bronight stuff in there when its so much easier to do it in this thread? :p

Its probably gonna end up like the official steam thread over there. Why post bronight stuff in there when its so much easier to do it in this thread? :p
This, nuke it from orbit, its the only way to be sure. at least bro postings allow me to feel im contributing to the useless trash in this thread.

syntax better play tonight so im not last place. left a bro hanging last night not showing up for UT3.
If you and syntax are so bad how come you two never show up to bronights Im at? Im tired of being in last place.

So Im trying to clean out my inventory and make sure I sell all my cards before the 15 day hold goes in effect and I noticed I still have a spare copy of Gun Monkeys laying around. I've tried giving this away a lot, someone must want it for the +1? It does have cards :D/

bread's done
Back