Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
If you and syntax are so bad how come you two never show up to bronights Im at? Im tired of being in last place.

So Im trying to clean out my inventory and make sure I sell all my cards before the 15 day hold goes in effect and I noticed I still have a spare copy of Gun Monkeys laying around. I've tried giving this away a lot, someone must want it for the +1? It does have cards :D/
At least during racing events I give you guys some competition for last. At shooters I tend to be surprisingly competitive sometimes. Usually when I find a good spot to camp.

1. I'm frustrated that the prices for the Nvidia keys haven't dropped. One guy posted it for $28 and I thought it might lead to some competition, but then he sold out so the prices remain shitty.

2. The SP seems like it could be something where you benefit from having it at launch only because they promise monthly benefits for a year. I'm sure it's your usual MMO type stuff like double XP or other random crap, but if it is only offered for a year, getting the SP down the line could mean you miss some of the bonuses (they don't specify if they mean a year in real time or a year from purchase).

3. It launches the 8th, I'll be travelling from the 15th through the 23rd so I basically get a week with it and then have to not play it for a week so part of me wonders if I should just wait and get it later, though not too much later, since I really do think this will be a game that will be a lot better if you buy it on release or close to release and might just be a meh experience a year from now if the game servers are empty.
There is a video up on IGN that details what is in the season pass.

I am somewhat interested but it seems all mmos have rocky launches so I imagine a ubisoft mmo can only be worse. Also, the real fun in mmos (for me at least) comes at the end game and not knowing in advance how much content/fun the endgame is it is an easy no buy for me for now.

And as for point #3, if the game is supposed to be some kind of fps/mmo and its dead inside the first year then I'm probably better off not buying it.

So, what I've learned is that if I do all sorts of gymnastics with driving around and flipping, trading and waiting on B2G1 deals and don't mind trading in my games afterwards rather than keeping them I can kinda sorta get deals sorta comparable to sitting on my ass at my PC.

I'm convinced!
Digital console sales on Xbone have slowly gotten better, there's finally been some 75% off shit. not to mention there's cheap 360 stuff you can buy that's Backwards Comparible. Though Best Buy had a few back to back DOTDs recently that made me make my first Xbone retail purchases in months. Microsoft Store also has fantastic clearance sales, so keep an eye out for those.

Between all of those. within the past 2 weeks, I've bought Sunset Overdrive/Project CARS (Best Buy), SRIV + GAT (Xbone Store), FC4 Complete (Target) and Fantasia/Hasbro Whatever Collection (as gifts, Microsoft Store and Target).

Another thread regular got Sunset Overdrive this week for $10 + tax (I got my Day One Edition for $12 + tax) from Amazon's Lightning Deal and is about to get MCC for $24 + tax too. Fox just posted a good deal for DR3 Complete too. If you need any help with getting more cheap Xbone games for your son, feel free to shoot me a message on Steam.

RE: Fox

The Gold package cost is basically the Uplay game key cost + 25% off the Season Pass. If that's enough of a bargain for you, go for it. Just depends how much time you plan to sink into it.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a video up on IGN that details what is in the season pass.

I am somewhat interested but it seems all mmos have rocky launches so I imagine a ubisoft mmo can only be worse. Also, the real fun in mmos (for me at least) comes at the end game and not knowing in advance how much content/fun the endgame is it is an easy no buy for me for now.

And as for point #3, if the game is supposed to be some kind of fps/mmo and its dead inside the first year then I'm probably better off not buying it.
I'm not predicting it'll be complete dead in a year nor am I completely familiar with the shelf life of MMOs, but more and more seem to be the hot game of the month and then slowly die out. Not saying it won't be populated in a year, but it's one of those games where there's a definite benefit to playing when the max amount of people are. Can't imagine the Dark Zone being much fun with no one in it.

syntax better play tonight so im not last place. left a bro hanging last night not showing up for UT3.
That was 'cause I Gilby'd UT3 :cry:

I might around tonight. Maybe. My BFF Chloe has some totes serious drama going on in her reality lately.

Edit: Turns out I don't own Wild Front-whatever. Must have been in a bundle I passed on.

So maybe you bros can solve a dilemma for me:

Pay $65 for The Division Gold (Base + SP) on Steam (Reseller on Steamtrades)

or

Pay $35ish for an Nvidia Key for Uplay for just base game.

or

Not buy it at all
Like a few select others here I just picked up The Division Gold edition for Steam last night from a reputable Steamtrades reseller. I'm sold on the game as I really enjoyed both betas and pumped in around ~12 hours total. It helps that the game visually looks stunning. From everything I've read and played this seems like the type of game you'll definitely get plenty of value out of if you liked what you saw and experienced during the betas. I can already tell there will be plenty of time spent leveling, grinding for loot (at the mercy of RNG), and plenty of stuff to occupy oneself with between the single and multi-player duality of the game.

I decided to get the Gold edition purely from the stance that I'll get the base game and a full year's worth of content without worrying about separate DLC or Season Pass pricing (or potential glitches) later. Especially since Ubisoft has been coy about pricing on the SP, any DLC, and how they define the word micro-transactions. Scary.

I thought about just getting the base version and seeing how the Division takes shape with the released content through the Summer by playing it safe. Although, since I know I'll be playing this game a lot I'd rather fully commit to it now for the current reseller price. $35 for standard on Uplay (Nvidia coupon), ~$42 for standard on Steam (ROW reseller), $65 for Gold on steam (ROW reseller)? It just depends on your comfort level.

tl;dr - If you really liked the beta, don't get bored grinding for loot, buy whichever version that you're comfortable committing towards.

Just curious, where are these Steamtrades people getting it from? Somewhere that isn't Russia but is still cheaper to buy Steam games than 'murica and not trade locked?

So maybe you bros can solve a dilemma for me:

Pay $65 for The Division Gold (Base + SP) on Steam (Reseller on Steamtrades)

or

Pay $35ish for an Nvidia Key for Uplay for just base game.

or

Not buy it at all

1. I'm frustrated that the prices for the Nvidia keys haven't dropped. One guy posted it for $28 and I thought it might lead to some competition, but then he sold out so the prices remain shitty.

2. The SP seems like it could be something where you benefit from having it at launch only because they promise monthly benefits for a year. I'm sure it's your usual MMO type stuff like double XP or other random crap, but if it is only offered for a year, getting the SP down the line could mean you miss some of the bonuses (they don't specify if they mean a year in real time or a year from purchase).

3. It launches the 8th, I'll be travelling from the 15th through the 23rd so I basically get a week with it and then have to not play it for a week so part of me wonders if I should just wait and get it later, though not too much later, since I really do think this will be a game that will be a lot better if you buy it on release or close to release and might just be a meh experience a year from now if the game servers are empty.
Go for the gold. Knowing you can get it for 65 makes me really regret buying it for the ps4. I just wish I had friends who played on PC.

Like a few select others here I just picked up The Division Gold edition for Steam last night from a reputable Steamtrades reseller. I'm sold on the game as I really enjoyed both betas and pumped in around ~12 hours total. It helps that the game visually looks stunning. From everything I've read and played this seems like the type of game you'll definitely get plenty of value out of if you liked what you saw and experienced during the betas. I can already tell there will be plenty of time spent leveling, grinding for loot (at the mercy of RNG), and plenty of stuff to occupy oneself with between the single and multi-player duality of the game.

I decided to get the Gold edition purely from the stance that I'll get the base game and a full year's worth of content without worrying about separate DLC or Season Pass pricing (or potential glitches) later. Especially since Ubisoft has been coy about pricing on the SP, any DLC, and how they define the word micro-transactions. Scary.

I thought about just getting the base version and seeing how the Division takes shape with the released content through the Summer by playing it safe. Although, since I know I'll be playing this game a lot I'd rather fully commit to it now for the current reseller price. $35 for standard on Uplay (Nvidia coupon), ~$42 for standard on Steam (ROW reseller), $65 for Gold on steam (ROW reseller)? It just depends on your comfort level.

tl;dr - If you really liked the beta, don't get bored grinding for loot, buy whichever version that you're comfortable committing towards.
Yeah, I really enjoyed it. I only played the second beta but I put in like 5-6 hours. The SP is listed at $40 on Gamestop and Amazon so that looks like the best price for it. So finding a Uplay code for $25 (hard to do) and then paying $40 for the SP would still put it at $65 which is what makes the $65 for gold on Steam a pretty decent deal IMO.

Motoki, can you not discuss that in here? Just buy it on Steam if you want it.
Oh whatever. I'm sure Korea will get locked the hell down soon enough now anyway.

I'd tell you to go report it to Steam support to make you feel more righteous but they're idiots, won't know what to do with the info and won't give a shit.

Yeah, I really enjoyed it. I only played the second beta but I put in like 5-6 hours. The SP is listed at $40 on Gamestop and Amazon so that looks like the best price for it. So finding a Uplay code for $25 (hard to do) and then paying $40 for the SP would still put it at $65 which is what makes the $65 for gold on Steam a pretty decent deal IMO.
You don't think you could get the SP cheaper at maybe GMG or [customspoiler=TURN AROUND CAGNEWBIE]Shady sites?[/customspoiler]

I've usually managed to get Uplay SPs cheaper than retail at or relatively soon after release myself, though I admit I haven't checked specifically for this game.

6vqhEb6.gif

Oh whatever. I'm sure Korea will get locked the hell down soon enough now anyway.

I'd tell you to go report it to Steam support to make you feel more righteous but they're idiots, won't know what to do with the info and won't give a shit.
I want him to report to Steam to lock down Korea and their gosu players. Why do u have to spoil our fun like that? Let the guy be the white knight once in a while.

You don't think you could get the SP cheaper at maybe GMG or [customspoiler=TURN AROUND CAGNEWBIE]Shady sites?[/customspoiler]

I've usually managed to get Uplay SPs cheaper than retail at or relatively soon after release myself, though I admit I haven't checked specifically for this game.
That is usually the case if you wait a certain amount of time, but some of their recent stuff (AC Syndcate and Six Siege) took a while. But yeah, I don't plan to pay $40 for the SP if I can avoid it.

I'm surprised Korea isn't locked down already, all the Asian countries tend to be locked... or worse, getting localized editions of games with stuff stripped out for reasons.

I wouldn't buy a Japanese game from Korea, by the way. They have a history of removing all sorts of content from games, from artwork to voices, just because they're too Japanese. They're allergic to weeabooisms or something. I guess they're bothered over Japan's treatment of them in the early 1900s.

That is usually the case if you wait a certain amount of time, but some of their recent stuff (AC Syndcate and Six Siege) took a while. But yeah, I don't plan to pay $40 for the SP if I can avoid it.
I got the Syndicate SP a month after release for close to 50% off so that wasn't so bad.
So I don't know if this was a price mistake or what, but no one else has it close to this cheap, not even the shady sites. And I've been looking. :p

Direct2Drive has the Assassin's Creed Syndicate Season pass 40% off + that old ass 10newsletter coupon still works and takes another 10% off. Yes, it's a Uplay key for the Uplay version, obligatory EWWW COOTIES and all that. It's not 75%, but given how chintzy Ubi is with sales and that this is a new release and some of the DLC isn't even out yet seems decent to me.

Final Price comes out to $16.19. And I didn't get charged tax even in Washington state, which for buying from a US based store is something of a Christmas miracle for me.

For reference, ITAD

Sale is good for just under 15 hours, so it should end at 10AM PST or 1PM EST aka Valve Standard Time tomorrow.

I'm surprised Korea isn't locked down already, all the Asian countries tend to be locked... or worse, getting localized editions of games with stuff stripped out for reasons.

I wouldn't buy a Japanese game from Korea, by the way. They have a history of removing all sorts of content from games, from artwork to voices, just because they're too Japanese. They're allergic to weeabooisms or something. I guess they're bothered over Japan's treatment of them in the early 1900s.
OH GOD TELL ME THEY DON'T CENSOR THE FLAC SOUNDTRACKS. PLEASE GOD NO!!

Oh right, I forgot. There's a couple of freaks around here who get their boners from people dressed in animal suits.
I laughed
I already google half the furries on here and know they're awful furry mess cause of their furaffinity profiles :']

Plz gib 400 dorra in steam credit or i will leak furry list with the list of weird fetishes

I wouldn't do that

Edit:
Yet

You need to go to http://www.gogigantic.com/redeem

The beta is on Xbone and Windows 10, you can play on either platform, as your account should have codes for both versions.
I wonder if Quantum break will be like that, one code tied to your Microsoft account for both platforms like Steamplay does with Windows/Mac.

There's some people pre-ordering it with the intention to sell the PC version that might be in for a surprise. :p

I just think it's lame you'll insult the company now but when Primal or the Division comes out you'll be buying them.
The problem is too many of us have been burned by awful PC game launches. We complain and we insult the company due to anger and frustration but we buy the games that look good due to a hope this time they'll get it right. Like every time there's new Nicki Minaj music coming out I say how awful her music is, complain about her lack of talent. Then she puts out a music video...I watch it on mute and remember where her real talent is and I...*cough* enjoy it...

The problem is too many of us have been burned by awful PC game launches. We complain and we insult the company due to anger and frustration but we buy the games that look good due to a hope this time they'll get it right. Like every time there's new Nicki Minaj music coming out I say how awful her music is, complain about her lack of talent. Then she puts out a music video...I watch it on mute and remember where her real talent is and I...*cough* enjoy it...
I was burned by your mom, but I still enjoy her.

man i missed a good day of posts. a sad panda reference, motoki FINALLY getting schooled for talking about deals in the deals thread, and somebody talking about their boner

bread's done
Back