Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
In regards to the Squeenix sale...if anybody likes stealth and has never played the earlier Thief games do yourself a favor and just drop the 1.74 for one of them. I played Thief 1 for the first time about a year and a half ago and despite its age it's easily my favorite stealth game of all time.
I'm gonna channel my inner spoder for a sec.

y u no get 4 free from amazon?

Or hell, even the Squeenix Humble had it. It is a good game though, and there's plenty of mods out there.

vUh3cWC.png

Tried it but stuck at the action where you have to enter how much that game is on that store because you have to enter a code and it doesn't tell you the code.

Worst Giveaway Eva :shame:

EDIT: Oh, nevermind. To answer there's a drop down box and there's only one answer. Changed my mind, this is The Dumbest and Worst Giveaway Eva

EDIT 2: The title of the game on Steam is "The chronicles of Emerland. Solitaire."(sic)

Changed my mind again, this is now The Dumbest and Worst Giveaway Eva for the Dumbest Titled Game Eva

Last edited by a moderator:
Tried it but stuck at the action where you have to enter how much that game is on that store because you have to enter a code and it doesn't tell you the code.

Worst giveaway eva :shame:
I believe it's a dropdown where you just have to select the only item in the dropdown list....

DUMAS!!!!

It's probably just me, but these gleam giveaways are too much work. I'd almost rather spend money on something than subscribe to groups, like crap on Facebook (which I'm not even on anymore), retweet junk (which I have never done), et cetera. If you're going to give something away, just give it away already; if I have to spend 20 minutes jumping through hoops, that's not a giveaway--it's making me do your marketing for you.

It's probably just me, but these gleam giveaways are too much work. I'd almost rather spend money on something than subscribe to groups, like crap on Facebook (which I'm not even on anymore), retweet junk (which I have never done), et cetera. If you're going to give something away, just give it away already; if I have to spend 20 minutes jumping through hoops, that's not a giveaway--it's making me do your marketing for you.
Well of course. But I'm with you. Unless it's something I really want, I'm not jumping through hoops for plus 1s anymore.

I pretty much gave up on the Gleams a while ago.  The shitty games aren't worth the effort of logging out and switching to my junk Facebook/Twitter accounts or joining/leaving the Steam groups.

The Steam trading nonsense means they're not even worthwhile for the 6¢ in cards. 

2 out of my 3 DROD games on ShinyPoop site now have Steam keys:  DROD: Tendry's Tale and DROD: Gunthro and the Epic Blunder...can't even find the second game in the Steam store...weird....

Anyway...

Peace out.

Anyone play Star Realms?  The free to play limited base game/full game/three expansions will be available Monday on Steam.  Hopefully they will be adding the additional expansions at a later date.  You are supposed to get access to all platform versions when you buy the full game which is nice.  The full game adds additional campaigns, difficulty levels and multi-player features.  Not sure if you have to buy the full game in order to play the purchasable expansions.

I have all the physical releases and have been playing the free digital version downloaded directly from their website.  It's a pretty great game if you like deck builders but of course they haven't taken advantage of the screen real estate available on widescreen PC monitors.  You can right-click to enlarge a card but as far as I can tell there is no way to "pick up" your whole hand at once for an enlarged view.  You have to scroll through your tiny-card-hand once you have more than four or five cards in play which makes it harder to see card factions for ally ability play.  I like being able to lay all of my cards out on a table where they can be moved around and grouped as I am deciding how I want to play all of my points.  Other then the issues that come with limited screen space as well as a few UI quirks I have really enjoyed playing against an AI in the digital version since I only get to play solo in the physical world.  How sad is that.   OK not very because people can be really annoying and the AI never cries or showboats after a loss or win.

2 out of my 3 DROD games on ShinyPoop site now have Steam keys: DROD: Tendry's Tale and DROD: Gunthro and the Epic Blunder...can't even find the second game in the Steam store...weird....

Anyway...

Peace out.
I don't have that, but I did find Steam keys for Grave Digger and Ostrich Island sitting in my account. Already have Ostrich Island on Steam so:

TP04Z-??48Z-L5WG7

?? = Dog's foot minus the W

Anyone play Star Realms? The free to play limited base game/full game/three expansions will be available Monday on Steam. Hopefully they will be adding the additional expansions at a later date. You are supposed to get access to all platform versions when you buy the full game which is nice. The full game adds additional campaigns, difficulty levels and multi-player features. Not sure if you have to buy the full game in order to play the purchasable expansions.

I have all the physical releases and have been playing the free digital version downloaded directly from their website. It's a pretty great game if you like deck builders but of course they haven't taken advantage of the screen real estate available on widescreen PC monitors. You can right-click to enlarge a card but as far as I can tell there is no way to "pick up" your whole hand at once for an enlarged view. You have to scroll through your tiny-card-hand once you have more than four or five cards in play which makes it harder to see card factions for ally ability play. I like being able to lay all of my cards out on a table where they can be moved around and grouped as I am deciding how I want to play all of my points. Other then the issues that come with limited screen space as well as a few UI quirks I have really enjoyed playing against an AI in the digital version since I only get to play solo in the physical world. How sad is that. OK not very because people can be really annoying and the AI never cries or showboats after a loss or win.
Maybe you should schedule it for bro-night?

It's probably just me, but these gleam giveaways are too much work.
Nope, I'm the same way. And I just cannot decide if I'm just too lazy or too apathetic. The game is usually something I've never heard of. (And have no desire to ever hear of again.)

is there mod that make the original Thief less dated?

I just wish that they update and modernize the interface/graphic a bit while keeping the good gameplay intact
Check TFix out. It's a compilation of several mods and helps a lot. http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134733

I like Thief 1, but some of the levels in it are really obnoxious in my opinion. Thief 2 is the pinnacle of the series, but 3 and 4 aren't as bad as some people make them out to be, they're just different.

I read that in the voice of the Librarian from Dawn of War without even realizing until after the fact. I have played too much Warhammer recently.
Blessed is the mind too small for doubt.

I really wish they would make a Dawn of War 3. I need to replay the Dawn of War 2 games again soon.

Tompi Jones from shit Gleam giveaway

3BCLT-WRC0F-Z0A09

Overcast: Walden and the Werewolf from even more shit Gleam giveaway

YYAPC-PTD09-49745

These are like mystery bundles but where you pay in clicks, follows, tweets and annoyance.

is there mod that make the original Thief less dated?

I just wish that they update and modernize the interface/graphic a bit while keeping the good gameplay intact
I ain't played the game in a very long time.

Anyways, I ain't tried these mods - but, I probably should:

Thief Gold HD Texture Mod -> http://www.moddb.com/mods/thief-gold-hd-texture-mod

Thief 2 HD Texture Mod -> http://www.moddb.com/mods/thief-2-hd-texture-mod/news/thief-2-hd-mod-v095-is-out

Yesterday Ubisoft released a video regarding The Division's content release schedule and some brief details about what each free (April & May) and paid (3 DLCs w/ the season pass for June, Summer & Winter) content will include. I'm glad they have a concrete plan and are being fairly transparent before the release.

https://youtu.be/c_qUtFkdPEk

Me too, I like paying for DLC that has already been developed at launch, on a game that has been delayed for years.
Hmm, I sense some bitterness.

So you'd rather everything be released at launch and see the PvPvE element (dark zone) slowly fade out after 3 months? Or accept the fact the time released DLC will likely help keep servers full, allow for a stronger player base, and give people a reason to continue playing for hopefully a full year?

As for delays, who cares. Backlogs exist and there's plenty of games to play now. I'll accept delays every time for a game that's competent and more polished. Is this game that? Too early to tell, but the beta ran well.

Can you explain this to Nothing371?
Okay I'll give it a go.

There these little things called fallacies that people tend to throw into conversations when they believe they can use them to sway someone's opinions to be more in line with their own.

Yesterday Ubisoft released a video regarding The Division's content release schedule and some brief details about what each free (April & May) and paid (3 DLCs w/ the season pass for June, Summer & Winter) content will include. I'm glad they have a concrete plan and are being fairly transparent before the release.

Thanks for the vid. Excited to see how invested they are in it and how long term their plans are. I'm tempted to get the SP early to not miss out on the monthly bonuses, but we'll see.

Okay I'll give it a go.
There these little things called fallacies that people tend to throw into conversations when they believe they can use them to sway someone's opinions to be more in line with their own.
Which is kind of the entire point of the internet.

Me too, I like paying for DLC that has already been developed at launch, on a game that has been delayed for years.
I don't think they're really close to done with working on any of the paid DLC yet though. Otherwise they wouldn't have such a nebulous release date for 2 of the 3 packs, and such a noticeable gap between releases. The April/May stuff may be just about done, but that's free.

But yes, locked on-disc/finished content cut for the sake of profit DLC sucks. But that's mostly bullshit day 1 DLC (see: billions of skins).

The day they stop releasing pre-developed DLC is the day games start costing $100 at launch.
Yeah, I think season passes have basically come to subsidize the expected increase of game prices given the explosion of the modern AAA game budgets/inflation/etc. I would argue that $100 is a bit more than they should cost even with all those factors in mind, and it's kind of bullshit how a big chunk of that budget is marketing that we end up being expected to pay for, but you're not wrong.

There are some exceptions though. Bioshock Infinite clearly didn't start most of the work for Burial at Sea until after Infinite shipped. Fallout 4 might be a similar case, given how hush hush they were about the SP contents (I doubt they had any idea until they started work right after the game), and then the sudden price increase. It can work, but expect a lot of people bitching about how long it's taking in the meantime.

That looks like fun, but it might be the latest flavor of the minute.  Survival games tend to be best sellers upon release.  We'll see where it's at in a month or two.  

Launch time have been announced as well.

All PC versions of the game will be available worldwide on March 8th at 6AM CET/12AM EST & March 7th 9PM PST.

So who will be playing at launch? Add me on Uplay (DaykainD) if you want to group up.

bread's done
Back