Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Nothing371, take notes. He's not the only one to notice your BS in that post. We get it, you're mad the game is delayed and it has DLC. Big deal. You probably have hundreds of crappy games in your Steam backlog to play. Oh wait, who am I kidding? I doubt you even buy games legitimately on Steam.

The odd thing is that this is not the only anti Ubi comment I've seen in this thread during the past day. Yet everyone will get this and Primal anyway and enjoy them but praise the indie 2D farming games like that weird HM game Motoki keeps pushing. :roll:
I find it funny you thought I was backing you up with my kind of cryptic wording. I could have easily been calling you out for all the fallacies you spread here. But of course people will grasp at anything they can to spread their agenda. :whistle2:k

Launch time have been announced as well.

All PC versions of the game will be available worldwide on March 8th at 6AM CET/12AM EST & March 7th 9PM PST.

So who will be playing at launch? Add me on Uplay (DaykainD) if you want to group up.
i might, but i have u already added as a friend. i am going to see if i can find some decent flips before the 3/7/2016 to preorder the game from bestbuy. i am low on credit as bestbuy currently

Opinions aren't right or wrong; they are subjective. Facts are right or wrong. Facts are objective.

Also, I will not buy Primal, because I haven't played Far Cry 1, 2, 3, or 4 yet, and I won't get the Division because it looks like Homefront, and I didn't get Rainbow Six: Doorkickers, and I am enjoying Stardew Valley so far.

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut you aren't here to have a real discussion, you just want to try to rile people up, so I'ma go back to XCom 2, which I paid 75 actual American Dollars for (and I paid Sales tax on it).

Your opinion that opinions can be wrong is wrong because opinions can't be wrong which actually makes your opinion not wrong and actually right because it can't be wrong so is everyone else wrong or right?  Answer that, college boy.  

One of the first thing I learned from my ethics/philosophy professor is that opinions can indeed be wrong.
I believe you are missing some of that sentence.

Opinions when used as a substitution of facts and have the opportunity to harm are indeed wrong.

However opinions which have no bearing on anyone's self but one's own and cannot do any true harm to one's self cannot be wrong.

Last edited:
This is a common misconception. Opinions are conclusions derived from a set of facts
No. That's a hypothesis/theory. Opinions don't have to be factually based. An opinion by definition is "a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge."

Last edited by a moderator:
My opinion on the best way to deal with this. Learned from professor Blade at CAG academy.

1. Hover over your picture at the top right of the page
  2. Click on "My Profile"
  3. Click "Edit My Profile"
  4. Click "Ignore Preferences"
  5. Scroll to the bottom, find the text box under "Add a new user to my list"
  6. Type in "CAGNewbie"
  7. Check all boxes
  8. Click "Save Changes"
  9. Pray nobody quotes him.

Nothing371, take notes. He's not the only one to notice your BS in that post. We get it, you're mad the game is delayed and it has DLC. Big deal. You probably have hundreds of crappy games in your Steam backlog to play. Oh wait, who am I kidding? I doubt you even buy games legitimately on Steam.

I've noticed that it's not the only anti Ubi comment I've seen in this thread during the past day. Yet everyone will get this and Primal anyway and enjoy them but praise the indie 2D farming games like that weird HM game Motoki keeps pushing. :roll:
This godawful shitposter hasn't been banned yet? It leaves disgusting puke stains in every thread now.

This godawful shitposter hasn't been banned yet?
In my opinion, he hasn't been banned yet. But my opinion is based on the fallacy that I give a fuck whether or not he's here or not so in my case my opinion is wrong and he will never be banned because do we even exist? And also, Dude, where's my car?

In my opinion, he hasn't been banned yet. But my opinion is based on the fallacy that I give a fuck whether or not he's here or not so in my case my opinion is wrong and he will never be banned because do we even exist? And also, Dude, where's my car?
tumblr_ljcr2k46JX1qitb9uo1_500.gif

A saved a little money by buying it on Steam, but don't worry! I sent a check for 100 bucks to Microsoft and a money order to Sony for 12000 yen.
I hope you saved a little for me since you broke the forum with your overly extended buuuuuut and caused me eye strain as I tried to read the thread on my phone. ;)

(Don't worry, I still love ya.)

Tokyo Hosto ?W3W4-W9CKN-BR0LC

Quantum Conscience ?VVPI-3NC6C-EW0FM

Blue Rose ?X253-B8EI8-9PC6Z

i was gonna do some bullshit puzzle or something to find the missing part of the keys, but fuck it i'm lazy, it's the number 4...

The Culling is made by Xaviant who did Lichdom Battlemage so yea it'll be in a bundlestars bundle for cheap soon heh. 

Can't wait for the Just Cause 3 dlc next week, looks so good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9RMYRnIjRY

Everyone should buy Stardew Valley so I can finally buy it and not feel bad about paying at/near full price for it.

Also because CAGNewbie thinks it's weird.

Too bad no shady grey market key sellers sell it because that would really make him blow a gasket, but you could always try to find a Korean trader, but
5XlcngP.png

My opinion on the best way to deal with this. Learned from professor Blade at CAG academy.

• Hover over your picture at the top right of the page
  • Click on "My Profile"
  • Click "Edit My Profile"
  • Click "Ignore Preferences"
  • Scroll to the bottom, find the text box under "Add a new user to my list"
  • Type in "CAGNewbie"
  • Check all boxes
  • Click "Save Changes"
  • Pray nobody quotes him.
10. Roll your eyes and toss your hair like Nicki Minaj.

Can't wait for the Just Cause 3 dlc next week, looks so good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9RMYRnIjRY
I should probably get around to playing Just Cause 3 since I only spent like a Farthing and a half or whatever on it from Amazon UK.

Also because it has lots of cool vehicles.

No harpoon though. :whistle2:( Mad Max, you spoiled me.

I was expecting to be really disappointed with the March Humble Monthly.  It turned out ok.  (other than I am Bread, which looks like one of those awful Amputea  or Surgery Simulator games with wonky controls)

Here I was happy I got my money's worth and they go and throw two games in the April bundle that I already have.  Every instinct tells me to unsubscribe, but I just know they'll throw in an awesome game (or 4) into the unlocks if I do.

EDIT:  Looks like April isn't a normal size bundle and has 6 additional games to go with the 2 unlocks.  With the 10.80 I'll probably end up paying due to one Humble bundle purchase or another from this month, I  might just ride things out and see what happens.

I was expecting to be really disappointed with the March Humble Monthly. It turned out ok. (other than I am Bread, which looks like one of those awful Amputea or Surgery Simulator games with wonky controls)

Here I was happy I got my money's worth and they go and throw two games in the April bundle that I already have. Every instinct tells me to unsubscribe, but I just know they'll throw in an awesome game (or 4) into the unlocks if I do.
your opinion is wrong, march humble monthly is a pile of poop i derived this from a set of premises upon which i derived a conclusion which was based off of real world facts therefore you are wrong i am right per my philosophy 101 teacher i attended all of his classes tripping my balls off therefore you are making a fallacious argument if you don't believe me then youre wrong

I was pretty pleased with last month, but I didn't have the games. Ark for 10.80 alone was amazing, not to mention the others. I do have south park for next month already, but This War of Mine looks great and something I would consider spending 5-10 on alone, so I think I will keep it and maybe trade SP, and hope the other games will be that much better.

With this SquareEnix sale, my FF itch started again. Last one I played was FF7 and I loved the series. So I decided to buy one. Started looking at the XIII series. Videos and critics

- The first one seems to be maybe the worst FF game (according to some critics); bad port, awful and boring first 20 hours...

- XIII-2 seems to improve a bit, but still not much

- Lightning Returns looks like the best of the 3, still a bit boring, but a good port and improved gameplay. But I won't start playing from the last one. 

So, now the others:

- FFVII: Already played it back in the day and loved it. Tried to play it again some years ago and couldn't stand the graphics... And SE is doing a remake, so it's better to wait for it

- FFVIII: It didn't aged very well too, but a lot better than FFVII. I may be picking it at a better discount.

- FFV & VI: already played back in the day. I also kind of dislike the "new" graphics, but not that much. Will wait for a better discount.

- FF III & IV. I don't like the artstyle very much, but will buy those at better discount.

So, it seems no FF game for me by now  :cry:

With this SquareEnix sale, my FF itch started again. Last one I played was FF7 and I loved the series. So I decided to buy one. Started looking at the XIII series. Videos and critics

- The first one seems to be maybe the worst FF game (according to some critics); bad port, awful and boring first 20 hours...

- XIII-2 seems to improve a bit, but still not much

- Lightning Returns looks like the best of the 3, still a bit boring, but a good port and improved gameplay. But I won't start playing from the last one.

So, now the others:

- FFVII: Already played it back in the day and loved it. Tried to play it again some years ago and couldn't stand the graphics... And SE is doing a remake, so it's better to wait for it

- FFVIII: It didn't aged very well too, but a lot better than FFVII. I may be picking it at a better discount.

- FFV & VI: already played back in the day. I also kind of dislike the "new" graphics, but not that much. Will wait for a better discount.

- FF III & IV. I don't like the artstyle very much, but will buy those at better discount.

So, it seems no FF game for me by now :cry:
Am I the only one who actually likes FF13-1?

Back to the old-school PSX versions that I played:

For me, FF6+7 were easily the best ones.

FF8 was good, but still disappointing b/c so many story + character ball-drops. It was a mess on that stuff. Let's face it - FF7's a very hard act to follow anyways.

FF9 was quite good.

FF5 was also good - I really liked the Job System. Underrated FF game, IMHO.

Am I the only one who actually likes FF13-1?

Back to the old-school PSX versions that I played:

For me, FF6+7 were easily the best ones.

FF8 was good, but still disappointing b/c so many story + character ball-drops. It was a mess on that stuff. Let's face it - FF7's a very hard act to follow anyways.

FF9 was quite good.

FF5 was also good - I really liked the Job System. Underrated FF game, IMHO.
I only know what some reviews said about FFXIII-1, haven't played it.

I think FF6 is the best one I've played. Loved FF4 too.

The opinion was a conclusion reached from a set of premises. One of these premises is false, so therefore the conclusion is wrong. It has nothing to do with the content of the conclusion, because it could be true, and everything to do with the premises. You can't have a sound conclusion if one or both of the premises are untrue.
I wonder when So-crates and Playto are going to show up. Eh, probably too busy spinning in their graves.

I think the most jarring change FF13-1 for FF players is its linear hallway-like pathways and that all your item + weapon purchasing/selling is done at kiosks - so that pretty much means towns from old-school FF's don't exist here.

Granted, I ain't finished the game - but much of what I played goes entirely into a straight linear line. I'm around 42 hours in, BTW - and this is a game that I play here and there / on and off. There is little to no deviation at all from that b/c the game is so story-focused + character driven. If you like story + character-driven stuff - even when it's absolutely ridiculous, cheesy, and over-the-top - you'll probably dig that stuff, at least...b/c there's so much of it.

The other thing - is you do have a to work a little to get the most out of this game. The game doesn't spell out terms, jargon, and other things directly while in-game - and to get the most out of the game's story + whatnot, you absolutely will want to read any of the Codex that's loaded w/ the terms, locations, events, and even Chapter Summaries.

The game constantly keeps giving you different teams, characters & whatnot to control in the party (where in combat, you mainly control the lead member fully, but also can put other party members later on in a specific Paradigm / Role) - so, I think this constant switching b/t parties + characters is another thing that really keeps the game going.

FF13-1 unfortunately does take a bit of time to get interesting with the combat (i.e. a few hours or so) - once it unleashes the Paradigm system and you can customize them, that's when the combat system gets really good, IMHO.

Can anyone recommend A Story About My Uncle?  It's on sale for $1.94, and it's a first-person platformer that looks very similar to the combat in Bioshock: Infinite, but I can't tell if it's worth buying or not.

Too bad no shady grey market key sellers sell it because that would really make him blow a gasket, but you could always try to find a Korean trader, but
Do u think he will disapprove and yell profanity at me if I admitted that I got Xcom 2 Deluxe Edition for $33 at launch, region free, tax-free via Bueno Aires trading mule? :D/

Do u think that his nooblar's feeling will get hurt? :D/

your opinion is wrong, march humble monthly is a pile of poop i derived this from a set of premises upon which i derived a conclusion which was based off of real world facts therefore you are wrong i am right per my philosophy 101 teacher i attended all of his classes tripping my balls off therefore you are making a fallacious argument if you don't believe me then youre wrong
21082697.jpg

I think FF6 is the best one I've played. Loved FF4 too.
Having just replayed it a month or two ago, I think FF6 still holds up really, really well. I wasn't pumped about the new art style in the current port either, but truthfully you stop noticing after an hour or so and just get used to it. Considering this is one of my favorite games of all time, I didn't mind paying almost full price for it. I also thought FF5 was pretty good, which I hadn't really played much of (tried to play it on the PlayStation version way back in the day and gave up after about 10 minutes, half of which was time I spent waiting for menus to open). Worth giving it a try since you liked both 4 and 6, especially if you can get them on a good sale.

Can't wait for FF9 to finally release, been looking forward to playing it again.

I think the most jarring change FF13-1 for FF players is its linear hallway-like pathways and that all your item + weapon purchasing/selling is done at kiosks - so that pretty much means towns from old-school FF's don't exist here.

Granted, I ain't finished the game - but much of what I played goes entirely into a straight linear line. I'm around 42 hours in, BTW - and this is a game that I play here and there / on and off. There is little to no deviation at all from that b/c the game is so story-focused + character driven. If you like story + character-driven stuff - even when it's absolutely ridiculous, cheesy, and over-the-top - you'll probably dig that stuff, at least...b/c there's so much of it.

The other thing - is you do have a to work a little to get the most out of this game. The game doesn't spell out terms, jargon, and other things directly while in-game - and to get the most out of the game's story + whatnot, you absolutely will want to read any of the Codex that's loaded w/ the terms, locations, events, and even Chapter Summaries.

The game constantly keeps giving you different teams, characters & whatnot to control in the party (where in combat, you mainly control the lead member fully, but also can put other party members later on in a specific Paradigm / Role) - so, I think this constant switching b/t parties + characters is another thing that really keeps the game going.

FF13-1 unfortunately does take a bit of time to get interesting with the combat (i.e. a few hours or so) - once it unleashes the Paradigm system and you can customize them, that's when the combat system gets really good, IMHO.
This pretty much sums up the FF13 experience. The story makes no damn sense unless you dig through the game codex to figure out what all the terminology means (side note: someone on the writing staff has a major boner for apostrophes...) and the first 20 or so hours are basically one big hallway tutorial. This is too bad, because once the game opens up it's actually pretty fun. There is a lot of content in the open world in the back half, and the battle system is a lot of fun once it gets going. I think it really depends on what you're coming into the game looking for. If you want the freedom to explore right away, you're going to lose interest fast. If you're willing to stick with the story and invest some time, you'll get to the good stuff eventually, but it's not an immediate payout. Having finished it, it's a competent but not very remarkable game, especially by Final Fantasy standards.

The only FF I ever played (aside from a month or so of FFXI) was FF8.  Which had a pretty lousy story and the mechanics were easy to game with the magic system where all your attacks landed massive stat debuff/cripple effects.  Also, I hated the protagonist and his moronic love interest.  I haven't have the desire to play a FF game since.

When I got my first summer job as a young lad, I ended up using my first paycheck to finally buy some FF games, since I had heard about how great the series was for years. Ended up getting 7, 8, 9, 10, 12's CE, and the 5&6 compilation.

You can probably guess how many of those I actually played through.  :oldman:

When I got my first summer job as a young lad, I ended up using my first paycheck to finally buy some FF games, since I had heard about how great the series was for years. Ended up getting 7, 8, 9, 10, 12's CE, and the 5&6 compilation.

You can probably guess how many of those I actually played through. :oldman:
Yeah, the back catalog of FF games would be overwhelming to anyone who didn't grow up while they were releasing. I'd imagine anyone a few years younger than me would not be as attached to these games as I am.

Final Fantasy was the pinnacle of modern gaming back in the day. Final Fantasy IV on SNES in 1992 was the first game I ever played that offered an emotional gaming experience and had really interesting characters. It was groundbreaking. Final Fantasy VI then expounded on those ideas and made what I still consider to be the best game of all-time. Final Fantasy VII then became what would be the most anticipated game of all-time for my generation. It had a vast overworld and a deep materia system that was also an awesome scavenger hunt. A few of these games hit all the right notes for those of us that value world exploration and hidden loot collection.

The only games that come close to touching the sentimentality I have for these games are Bioware games like Baldur's Gate and its sequals, and Mass Effect.

also the art on the FF6 port is an abomination.

bread's done
Back