Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
i think the series as a whole is overrated, but FF is the JRPG.
... not even close. For consoles, maybe.
Uh, can you think of a ton of JRPGs not for consoles? I mean there's Ys and TITS but those are relatively obscure in the west.

And on a semi-related note, it's sort of a black sheep but I always had a soft spot for the Sailor Moon of Final Fantasys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gtfe_GCad4c

Last edited by a moderator:
Uh, can you think of a ton of JRPGs not for consoles? I mean there's Ys and TITS but those are relatively obscure in the west.

And on a semi-related note, it's sort of a black sheep but I always had a soft spot for the Sailor Moon of Final Fantasys.

Hydlide, the Dragon Slayer series (there's several games in there including Sorcerian and Legend of Heroes), Megami Tensei (there's been a few entries on PC), Wizardry (I know the series is technically Western, but it's super popular in Japan and they got multiple entries exclusive to the region.)

Though they're all closer to standard RPGs than JRPGs... eh.

Oh and Payne you're not fooling anybody. We know you're all about the Muff Luv. And that's okay girl!

1927qwa.jpg

i think the series as a whole is overrated, but FF is the JRPG.
Regarding FF being the JRPG; maybe the most hyped, but there are others that showed more depth i.e. Persona and other Shin Megami Tensi games. The good thing is there are enough variations of them that you can find something that you like.

ARK:Survival Evolved question: Has anyone played single player mode? If so, I would appreciate impressions.

Thank you

I like FFX, it's good and well-received, but the sequel is probably the worst in history.

Regarding FF being the JRPG; maybe the most hyped, but there are others that showed more depth i.e. Persona and other Shin Megami Tensi games. The good thing is there are enough variations of them that you can find something that you like.

ARK:Survival Evolved question: Has anyone played single player mode? If so, I would appreciate impressions.

Thank you
I like most of the jRPG from the SNES era. Yes, there maybe were better games on the genre, but after FF.

Regarding ARK, I've played the SP version. It is really fun too, but not as much as playing with other people on a dedicated server.

I like FFX, it's good and well-received, but the sequel is probably the worst in history.
I know it's not popular but I liked it. The gameplay was pretty open world and non-linear and it did resolve the whole Yuna/Tidus situation I thought well in the end (depending on how much you did). In between yeah it was a lot of Sailor Moon-esque outfit henshin (transformation) antics and was kind of silly but I dunno, it just kind of worked for me. I liked that it was so different. Music was too, if again, different.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Dat crappy Humble Monthly (Outside of Ark), here's my refuse:

6WECC-8YD9G-EHTTP

ZI2Y4-8F2BN-RDM5E

J64YE-KAQ5K-RLBNX

BQKMC-82L8I-PW2HY

Dat crappy Humble Monthly (Outside of Ark), here's my refuse:

6WECC-8YD9G-EHTTP

ZI2Y4-8F2BN-RDM5E

J64YE-KAQ5K-RLBNX

BQKMC-82L8I-PW2HY
Lurkers grabbed it all. Damn, I really wanted Shantae too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVdJ7tD3Mvk

*Edited to add: I would have gotten it on Tremor but they posted it at European O'Clock and the dirty foreigners grabbed them all while I was sleeping.

Never thought I'd see a passionate FF discussion in the Steam thread. I thought it was a trap.
Final Fantasy is the most overrated series of all time.

:whee:
whenever I have the urge to throw money away on bundle fodder, RPGmaker, I just need to remind myself that there are something similar but BETTER existed in my backlog (Final Fantasy 1-6, Chrono Trigger etc.). thanks Square Enix

Yes, I haven't even touched the 16bit Final Fantasy games despite owning them on console and now Steam.. *$(*(*#

ARK is fun in single player mode.  Most people tend to like to do the whole "build a straw hut, avoid getting eaten" thing anyway rather than have a tribe member give them a full set of flak armor and a fancy weapon so playing SP is pretty much that except you don't need to worry about someone kicking your hut down while you're gone.

Playing ARK single player will require some tweaking of the settings though.  You'll likely want to make taming take less time, make resources respawn faster, etc.  Reason being that the game is intended to multiplayer on an always-on server so you cut downa  tree, log off, come four hours back later and the tree is back.  In single player, the tree won't respawn until you've actually spent four hours in single player since the timer is only running while you're playing.  Likewise, base tame times are assuming that a tribe is working together -- you don't really want to waste hours and hours taming a dino.  You're not intended to learn every skill in the base game since you're part of a tribe working together so if you want the full spectrum you'll need to adjust it to allow for more player levels (don't know if that's a setting or mod). 

However, the game is very playable single player and the cave "dungeons" where you collect artifacts that you can later use to summon boss type creatures gives it a certain level of progression even without the PvP aspect.

Lakers714 liked this post at 2:51 PM and then took it back. He probably agreed with it and then realized that a newbie who isn't in the "click" posted it so he took it away.

I think you all probably agree with most of my posts here but I realize that it's a popularity contest so I'm going to be hazed.
Bravo. :bow: I commend your trolling. It is at a high level. You are documenting things even. Only Lakers714 can speak for himself, but I routinely accidentally click things, especially when on mobile.

Lakers714 liked this post at 2:51 PM and then took it back. He probably agreed with it and then realized that a newbie who isn't in the "click" posted it so he took it away.

I think you all probably agree with most of my posts here but I realize that it's a popularity contest so I'm going to be hazed.
Take a screenshot of this one also

OH6rN7v.gif

Lots of new post notifications in this thread means one of two things:

1. A price glitch
  2. Some asshat trollin

Sadly today it's the latter.

I'm not trolling, I can take a screencapture if you want proof.
If you're not trolling (very big "if" IMO) then what do you want? A medal? Some acceptance or validation that you never received in life or something?

Here:

You are superior to all of us, in every way. We were all born idiots and you are intellectually superior in every way. Damn, we all wish we were you.

I usually don't jump in on the drama (I barely post, just lurk mostly) but I'm confused as to what you want?

Which is why you are obviously trolling.

Hey guys, I am buying The Division directly on Uplay for full retail.  I am using a VPN to change to the most expensive region worldwide and making sure I am charged tax and VAT. 

CAGNoobziePie Out!

Bravo. :bow: I commend your trolling. It is at a high level. You are documenting things even. Only Lakers714 can speak for himself, but I routinely accidentally click things, especially when on mobile.
Makes me want to start randomly liking posts and taking it back a couple hours later, mostly because I'm a jerk =p.

If you're not trolling (very big "if" IMO) then what do you want? A medal? Some acceptance or validation that you never received in life or something?

Here:

You are superior to all of us, in every way. We were all born idiots and you are intellectually superior in every way. Damn, we all wish we were you.

I usually don't jump in on the drama (I barely post, just lurk mostly) but I'm confused as to what you want?

Which is why you are obviously trolling.
DZpKOEW.gif

Hey guys, I am buying The Division directly on Uplay for full retail. I am using a VPN to change to the most expensive region worldwide and making sure I am charged tax and VAT.

CAGNoobziePie Out!
I liked your post, unliked it, then liked it again. I reserve the right to relike it in the future.

He wants attention. Its pretty clear. He wants attention for his silly theories that are being posted just to get us to react to them. Best thing to do is put him on the ignore list. He's providing nothing but counter-intuitive arguments to the thread and is either trolling or a numbskull whose positions and thoughts are clearly out of line with the majority of us. There's nothing wrong with that, but beating it like a goddamn drum is annoying and repulsive. Don't give him the attention, he'll either get bored and bother others instead or eventually get banned for being a troll.

I WOULD JUST LIKE TO PUT ALL ON NOTICE THAT I HAVE DOCUMENTED ALL THE LIKES YOU HAVE GIVEN ME IN CASE YOU CHOOSE TO TRY TO TAKE THEM BACK - I HAVE PROOF!

ALSO, YOU HAVE OFFENDED ME AND RESPONDED TO ME UNSOLICTED CAGNEWBIE.  I HAVE NOT GIVEN YOU THE RIGHT TO INSULT MY CHARACTER AND OFFEND ME AND RESPOND TO ME WHICH YOU HAVE DONE BOTH INTENTIONALLY AND ON PURPOSE AND HAVE ON PURPOSE AND INTENTIONALLY RESPONDED TO ME WITH THEREFORETO THE INTENTION TO PURPOSEFULLY RESPOND TO ME AND OFFEND ME.  PLEASE CEASE AND DESIST THIS UNWELCOME AND UNWARRANTED BEHAVIOR.  I AM THE NEIGHBORHOOD TROLL AND WE HAVE NO MORE ROOM FOR YOUR KIND AROUND HERE.  

Wrong. I want a discussion, not petty arguments and memes.
Well then you're either stupid or looking to stir the shit to amuse yourself.

This isn't CSPAN. Anyone with any god damned sense can see this thread is filled with snark and silliness and the posters here want it that way.

You're outnumbered and you're not going to change that so the only sensible conclusion I can reach is you're one of those types that need to try to feel superior by arguing with strangers on the internet and letting them know 'the error of their ways'.

Except all we'll do is poke fun at you because this thread is all nonsense by intent.

Is something interesting going on in here, like a glitch? I'm only seeing about half of the comments for some reason...

GDAdseZ.png

You know. you guys really don't need to keep ignoring my posts. If I'm really that unwanted in this thread maybe the best idea would be for me to stop posting here.
no, best idea would be joining Tebow chat. I want to see a discussion between you and him. That'd be intellectually refreshing :whistle2:

He wants attention. Its pretty clear. He wants attention for his silly theories that are being posted just to get us to react to them. Best thing to do is put him on the ignore list. He's providing nothing but counter-intuitive arguments to the thread and is either trolling or a numbskull whose positions and thoughts are clearly out of line with the majority of us. There's nothing wrong with that, but beating it like a goddamn drum is annoying and repulsive. Don't give him the attention, he'll either get bored and bother others instead or eventually get banned for being a troll.
Later maybe, attention is pretty easy to get here. Either make a bunch of one-liners or talk about how much you love Domino's Pizza or think McDonald's burgers are amazing.

Speaking of Domino's, I'm thinking about ordering some tonight. Any thoughts?
I'm personally going with Papa Johns tonight. But I've also been eyeballing Stardew Valley at full price... so no one should listen to me.

He probably agreed with it and then realized that a newbie who isn't in the "click" posted it so he took it away.
I probably don't want to absorb the great CAGNewbie's wrath.... but clique. The word is clique. Click is the sound my tongue makes on the roof of my mouth when I read some of the stupid fuck lately and your name is always involved somehow.

Hi Bros.  I just dropped by for a little attention.  In my opinion, Jet's slab pizza may actually be made from bricks.  I base this on the fact that, while somewhat tasty, it does later reform into said slab on the way out.  Watching that DI clip didn't help the queasiness either with all the monsters spurting out of the winking nipples.  That's some twisted shit right there.  In other news, my daughter turns 18 today and I don't want to see any of you moran preverts sniffing around.  Daddy's packing heat.  I gave her about 50 fundle bodder keys to start her own Steam hoard 'cause I'm an enabler.

That is all.  Later Bros!   :beer:  :grouphug:

bread's done
Back