Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
[customspoiler="Alrighty then"]
tumblr_mm7i92Hrng1rp3wg0o8_r1_250.gif

giphy.gif

tumblr_ms5kz8IGHN1seieb3o1_500.gif

tumblr_mnwrgfK23R1qc2jbwo3_500.gif

tumblr_m8zfiaZX3q1rr7dyto7_250.gif

tumblr_mm7i92Hrng1rp3wg0o6_r1_250.gif

tumblr_mm7i92Hrng1rp3wg0o3_r1_250.gif

giphy.gif

tumblr_mmhuas2F251qbnk7oo2_500.gif

gg3-gaming-gifs-7+(1).gif

remember-me.gif

[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
SELFIE TIME IS OVER!!! Now it's all about sneaking through Columbia & Rapture with my crossbow of sleepy doom.

Ah, who am I kidding? It's always selfie time...

tbko0gu1cu7it5c40rom.gif
Crossbows in Rapture + Columbia or selfies - can you really go wrong either way?

[shrug]

EDIT:

[customspoiler="Alrighty then"]
tumblr_ms5kz8IGHN1seieb3o1_500.gif

tumblr_mnwrgfK23R1qc2jbwo3_500.gif

giphy.gif

tumblr_m8zfiaZX3q1rr7dyto7_250.gif

tumblr_mm7i92Hrng1rp3wg0o8_r1_250.gif

tumblr_mm7i92Hrng1rp3wg0o6_r1_250.gif

tumblr_mm7i92Hrng1rp3wg0o3_r1_250.gif

tumblr_mmhuas2F251qbnk7oo2_500.gif

giphy.gif

gg3-gaming-gifs-7+(1).gif

remember-me.gif

[/customspoiler]
Loved the art-style in Remember Me.

Took a bit to get the gameplay + story going, though - but I really loved it, once it got going.

DontNod seems to have this trend - at least IMHO, anyways - of almost reaching greatness. Life Is Strange falls apart ME3 style in the last episode, while Remember Me just takes a bit for it to really get going both gameplay-wise + story-wise. 

guys stop playing the division and play a REAL game like me....Murdered Soul Suspect is where it's at
About that game Murdered Soul Suspect:

Great plot, premise, and story...but gameplay could use a lot more to it - i.e. they need to fix or remove those silly + annoying stealth sections, more than anything else; and probably should've had more side-quests.

DontNod seems to have this trend - at least IMHO, anyways - of almost reaching greatness. Life Is Strange falls apart ME3 style in the last episode, while Remember Me just takes a bit for it to really get going both gameplay-wise + story-wise.
Protip: If you're going to have suck in your game, try not to front-load it with suck. Though I don't know when RM was supposed to get good -- I played it through the first couple of memory sequences and it was still ass.

Protip: If you're going to have suck in your game, try not to front-load it with suck. Though I don't know when RM was supposed to get good -- I played it through the first couple of memory sequences and it was still ass.
Game feels like a linear tutorial too early on, in the first few hours - i.e. RM suffers from FFXIII-1's main issue.

Basically...once the story starts getting personal; and the players adds even more gameplay/combat moves - that's when the game finally gets really good, IMHO.

About that game Murdered Soul Suspect:

Great plot, premise, and story...but gameplay could use a lot more to it - i.e. they need to fix or remove those silly + annoying stealth sections, more than anything else; and probably should've had more side-quests.
so far i think it's pretty hokey and just okay. if you want to play a decent detective game just skip it and play la noire

You mean like front loading a game full of cliches about teens, being SOOO misunderstood, the Pacific Northwest, selfies, 90s slang and clothing styles and a lame Twin Peaks wannabe mystery?

Yeah, exactly. They shouldn't front load their games with shittiness.

Basically...once the story starts getting personal; and the players adds even more gameplay/combat moves - that's when the game finally gets really good, IMHO.
I'll have to take your word for it. Generally, if a game doesn't hook me early then I've got other stuff to play. The only game that springs to mind where I'd say "Just push through the first half hour" is Wolfenstein: The New Order where the first 30min is tedious suck and then it becomes awesome. I had like ten hours in Remember Me (holy shit -- really?? I hope I was idle part of that) and it never got good for me.

You don't need to defend it though; it's just an amusing quirk of fate that Motoki and I have diametric differences of opinion on Dontnod's two games (RM & LiS)

You don't need to defend it though; it's just an amusing quirk of fate that Motoki and I have diametric differences of opinion on Dontnod's two games (RM & LiS)
Maybe they both suck and we're just blind to the suckitude of one of their games.

I feel like at least if they are going to write about a part of the world, then those Frogs writing about Paris, even future Paris, I can stomach better than Oregon.

You mean like front loading a game full of cliches about teens, being SOOO misunderstood, the Pacific Northwest, selfies, 90s slang and clothing styles and a lame Twin Peaks wannabe mystery?
You know, none of this bothered me so much that I couldn't chuckle and move on, or maybe I was so ready for it due to your constant bitching that it didn't affect me so much. In which case, thanks! :p

I don't live in the Pacific Northwest though so maybe I have more tolerance for that nonsense. After all, I'm still annoyed that both Hitman: Absolution and Watchdogs managed to surround Chicago with mountains and cliffs.

I'll have to take your word for it. Generally, if a game doesn't hook me early then I've got other stuff to play. The only game that springs to mind where I'd say "Just push through the first half hour" is Wolfenstein: The New Order where the first 30min is tedious suck and then it becomes awesome. I had like ten hours in Remember Me (holy shit -- really?? I hope I was idle part of that) and it never got good for me.

Witcher 1 is another game that took a few hours before that actually got going + stopped w/ the overdosage of hand-holding, also - and it got great once it left the tutorial. Of course, Witcher 1 is a long-winded game - so it doesn't look as bad, where it takes a few hours to get somewhere.

Remember Me - which is much shorter, when compared to W1 - doesn't look as good b/c that first few hours is a good chunk of change of the actual game, in the grand scheme of things.

Seriously...some of these games later in a patches - once they (the dev's) realize they're too long-winded just like a typical numerous paragraph-loaded MysterD post + have some players' feedback + feedback from reviews - really should have a separate allowed starting point (to skip the tutorial) where the game actually already has some gameplay, story, and stuff actually already behind it.

EDIT:

Hell, games like to always break the 4th wall - if the dev's can't/won't do my above suggestion...then in a patch, they could throw a pop-up message once the player's outside of the tutorial and say "To avoid the tutorial section - you might want to save here and just keep the save forever as your starting point for game-replays."

You know, none of this bothered me so much that I couldn't chuckle and move on, or maybe I was so ready for it due to your constant bitching that it didn't affect me so much. In which case, thanks! :p

I don't live in the Pacific Northwest though so maybe I have more tolerance for that nonsense. After all, I'm still annoyed that both Hitman: Absolution and Watchdogs managed to surround Chicago with mountains and cliffs.
I don't know, so much of it just rang as phony to me and the whole time I could just feel there were some middle aged Frenchmen who peaked in the early 90s, wore flannel and said hella or whatever the French version of hella was and got their experience with the Pacific Northwest from Twin Peaks and Twilight behind the whole thing.

Also I have a pretty low tolerance for teen angst, the misunderstood cliche and hipster bullshit. Seriously fuck taking selfies with a god damned Polaroid. We didn't even like those things when they were around the first time we just used them so we didn't have to go to the fucking Fotomat.

Witcher 1 is another game that took a few hours before that actually got going + stopped w/ the overdosage of hand-holding, also - and it got great once it left the tutorial. Of course, Witcher 1 is a long-winded game - so it doesn't look as bad, where it takes a few hours to get somewhere.

Remember Me - which is much shorter, when compared to W1 - doesn't look as good b/c that first few hours is a good chunk of change of the actual game, in the grand scheme of things.

Seriously...some of these games later in a patches - once they (the dev's) realize they're too long-winded just like a MysterD post + have some players' feedback + feedback from reviews - really should have a separate allowed starting point (to skip the tutorial) where the game actually already has some gameplay, story, and stuff actually already behind it.
remember me doesnt take a few hours to get going, its pretty solidly mediocre from start to finish

I don't know, so much of it just rang as phony to me and the whole time I could just feel there were some middle aged Frenchmen who peaked in the early 90s, wore flannel and said hella or whatever the French version of hella was and got their experience with the Pacific Northwest from Twin Peaks and Twilight behind the whole thing.

Also I have a pretty low tolerance for teen angst, the misunderstood cliche and hipster bullshit. Seriously fuck taking selfies with a god damned Polaroid. We didn't even like those things when they were around the first time we just used them so we didn't have to go to the fucking Fotomat.
Well, for the Polaroids, I know that they had like a stupid retro resurgence among the youth of today and are popular in the same way some of them have like one vinyl album and a turntable even though they just play everything on Spotify. fucking kids. I hate them.

Well, for the Polaroids, I know that they had like a stupid retro resurgence among the youth of today and are popular in the same way some of them have like one vinyl album and a turntable even though they just play everything on Spotify. fucking kids. I hate them.
Yeah fuck those kids!

tumblr_nlab2nJk7t1tnr350o1_400.gif

See and that's the thing too. The whole fucking game seems like it was designed for Tumblrtards to make cutesy animated gifs and shit for.

See and that's the thing too. The whole fucking game seems like it was designed for Tumblrtards to make cutesy animated gifs and shit for.
You might be onto something! I think I found a good response to this (above post of yours)! :)

tumblr_nj0dm0JEch1qbewyko1_250.gif

I don't suppose anyone here is interested in uh, whateveritis-broing a Zombie Army Trilogy four pack? I want to clear out my Steam wallet balance and that's the only game I really want to get.

Later in LiS, it does feel as though they realized they laid it on a bit heavy in Ep 1 and lampshade some of it (various people giving Max crap including someone asking her to stop saying 'hella').  Of course, people also bitch about Max taking so many selfies which is only the case with every teen currently on the planet, including tribesmen scribing their image onto a goat hide to send to their girlfriend in the next village and ask her to draw her boobs.

Later in LiS, it does feel as though they realized they laid it on a bit heavy in Ep 1 and lampshade some of it (various people giving Max crap including someone asking her to stop saying 'hella').
You played a part in giving birth to one of those young whippersnappers so I can see why you are a sympathizer.

It could just be that Motoki is an angry old crank whereas I am hip to today's youth.
I'm just so misunderstood. Nobody gets me and my hidden object games. I'm like hella depressed and stuff oh my god guys.

And I will be sure to come to you for advice about today's youth since clearly you have the expertise.

So, uh, explain Idiotekque to all of us.

He should make a shitty fake telltale game about himself and his life and how he's so depressed and stuff and it's hard being an artiste` so people can eat that shit up like they do Life is Strange.

I thought he already made a shitty fake game.
He didn't make the game he just did the art.

ss_d23dbf14fe94fb8435975cf3049f8c794317d59c.1920x1080.jpg

Anyway, it's been a long ass time since Idiot posted anything about the game. I checked out the blog of the main dude working on it and it was just talking about how he got a job at Radio Shack and it sucked and it made him tired so he just relaxed and played games and didn't have time for Project Explore, but now he's making some new games etc.

He just got a job at Radio Shack??? Did it come with a Polaroid, flannel shirt and year's supply of hellas?

I love that Idiot asks for comments on the art and then says that textures aren't really his thing. "I'm the artist but not that kind of artist..."

You guys are so mean and hella hating on Idiot for doing something with his life.  You just jelly cuz he bought himself an alienware laptop and put it to good use.  You guys are like mean girls and totes need a chill pill. 

You guys are so mean and hella hating on Idiot for doing something with his life. You just jelly cuz he bought himself an alienware laptop and put it to good use. You guys are like mean girls and totes need a chill pill.
Alienware laptop = making a game and doing something with your life?

Great, when's that MysterD game coming out? I better be DRM free and require a lot of VRAM. Oh and come on a disc with a box so we can put it up on our shelves and take polaroid selfies with it and make it our avatar.

You just jelly cuz he bought himself an alienware laptop and put it to good use.
Wait. What's the specs on his Alienware laptop?

Why would I be jelly, after just getting a new gaming laptop?

It seems to handle WWE 2K15 PC + FO4 PC just fine to suit me. :)

Idiot used to get worked up though and then complain about it.  YCAG and AgentGhost DGAF and will just do what they want.  You gotta respect that. Hella respect it. 

Idiot used to get worked up though and then complain about it. YCAG and AgentGhost DGAF and will just do what they want. You gotta respect that. Hella respect it.
Oh I respected them all the way to the ignore button but you guys keep quoting those fools. :p

See what I mean?

Well now I'm scurred. I'm going to roflcopter'ed to death.

I guess I have to buy The Division now so we can have a show down like real nerds.

Except I'd probably challenge him to a Hidden Object duel instead.

M_HY8c.gif

bread's done
Back