Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Tales and Dark Souls 2 ain't locked.  Nuuvem just hide them behind the paypal's paywall.  Try it yourself..

Last edited by a moderator:
Welp... I, for one, welcome our new Brazilian overlords. Less than $10 for DARK SOULS II: Scholar of the First Sin and Tales of Symphonia.

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgynC2shXYs[/media]

Thanks to the chat and about an hour, I'm taking a trip to Brazil on lostnumber's friend Syntax's wife's dual identity Diner's Club card within the next few days. Plan on getting Symphonia specifically. Might pick up some other games while I'm there, too. Where is there a decent region checker, aside from this website with numbers in it that's perpetually down for maintenance?

Thanks to the chat and about an hour, I'm taking a trip to Brazil on lostnumber's friend Syntax's wife's dual identity Diner's Club card within the next few days/ Plan on getting Symphonia specifically. Might pick up some other games while I'm there, too. Where is there a decent region checker, aside from this website with numbers in it that's perpetually down for maintenance?
go to SteamDB.. there's no entry for Brazil or South America for Tales. hence it's region free :whistle2:

I used to do the region checker u mentioned but it's less accurate and always down for me. SteamDB is up to date and I can verify with my own eyes the database rather than some "website"

go to SteamDB.. there's no entry for Brazil or South America for Tales. hence it's region free :whistle2:
Yeah, but what about the other games? I'm not good at reading the region restriction on SteamDB. I'd probably even pick up one of those stupid anime tie-in fighting games that I hate just to make it seem like I got something for a good discount/make the hassle of signing up to 28 websites to be able to buy from Nuuvem worthwhile.

How do you read it? Is it in the product info or sub info?

what games are u interested in? if you are lazy, there's a pattern on Nuuvem.  

If it said "Locked to Brazil" then it is ABSOLUTELY LOCKED, don't bother checking (for example, Borderland The Prequel Season Pass).  It is activation locked and run locked on Steam DB for Brazil (if you are interested in seeing it for yourself)

If it said "locked to South America", then there is a chance of it being region free and just got hidden behind the Paypal 's regional paywall.  

Of course, SteamDB is the absolute authority when it comes to checking region locked game.

Any opinions on the Steam Controller? Thinking about picking up a used one in the gamestop b2g1 free along with a couple of other games and sell those to knock the price down a little.

On a side note, I'm about to get rid of this ole PS4. There isn't anything out or coming soon I want to play and the few indies I want to keep are like 5 bucks on the sale right now.
I have one but I dont use it often. Theres a few things you have to take into account if you get one. The main thing is its NOT a simple plug in and go controller like an Xbox controller. Every single game that uses the Steam controller has its own profile and for some of them there are a bunch of profiles to choose from. It takes trial and error to find the profile in each game that works best for you. That said, when you do find it, holy crap its one of the best controllers ever. The thing has a learning curve though. It takes getting used to and is no way a replacement for the more widely used console controllers on PC and is more of a supplement. Its really best served if you do a lot of big picture gaming. Its not a replacement or go-to peripheral yet.

I have one but I dont use it often. Theres a few things you have to take into account if you get one. The main thing is its NOT a simple plug in and go controller like an Xbox controller. Every single game that uses the Steam controller has its own profile and for some of them there are a bunch of profiles to choose from. It takes trial and error to find the profile in each game that works best for you. That said, when you do find it, holy crap its one of the best controllers ever. The thing has a learning curve though. It takes getting used to and is no way a replacement for the more widely used console controllers on PC and is more of a supplement. Its really best served if you do a lot of big picture gaming. Its not a replacement or go-to peripheral yet.
Ah so you can't just reprogram it to have basic functions? I was planning to use it with binding of isaac, I have an Xbox one controller I use for stuff like dark souls and on shooters I use my KB/M

Well, as some of you know I'm currently residing in Brazil so I can help out some of you buying stuff from Nuveem if you're having trouble doing so. Today I'll be out all day working at the uni and only be free at night (at 7pm approximately local time, 12-13 hours from now). You can PM me here or add me on Steam. Greetings

Ah so you can't just reprogram it to have basic functions? I was planning to use it with binding of isaac, I have an Xbox one controller I use for stuff like dark souls and on shooters I use my KB/M
You might be better to stick with your Xbox 360 controller. Using the touchpads takes a bit of getting used to and I'm not convinced it handles in any way better than what's already available. I also have some issues with the button placement, the ABXY are in a slightly different position and I often hit X when I want A (I think). The placement feels a bit off.

It does have its uses though. Playing Darkest Dungeon is now possible with joypad, for example. I've used mine as a substitute for mouse-only games, as opposed to joypad games.

Just my 2p (current exhange rate: 4 rupees)

Well, as some of you know I'm currently residing in Brazil so I can help out some of you buying stuff from Nuveem if you're having trouble doing so. Today I'll be out all day working at the uni and only be free at night (at 7pm approximately local time, 12-13 hours from now). You can PM me here or add me on Steam. Greetings
Does Nuuvem let you buy multiple copies of the same game? I know some stores limit you to one or two.

On a side note, I'm about to get rid of this ole PS4. There isn't anything out or coming soon I want to play and the few indies I want to keep are like 5 bucks on the sale right now.
Send me your PS4 and I'll send you a Steam controller. Everyone wins.

Does Nuuvem let you buy multiple copies of the same game? I know some stores limit you to one or two.
They restrict you to one copy per account.

Re: Last night & Verdun, I saw a posting from a dev (or support person, whatever) saying that the "no gun" issue is supposed to be fixed in an upcoming patch.

That's what I thought and that kind of sucks. It makes anyone offering to help buy games for others really limited. And I wouldn't want to buy something that might prevent the hoster from ever buying there in the future themselves.

I guess they can make a bunch of shill alts but if someone is going to go through all that trouble then we might as well just get Argentinian Diner's Club cards ourselves.

re: Indie Gala Store glitch and dumbasses like me who all tried instinctively to grab the most popular and expensive game they sell

ZL7RRBr.png

So I guess they're just going to act like somebody farted in the room and ignore it.

Unlike the crabcakes glitch that only one person in the universe gave a shit enough to try to scam, there's way too many people this time for them to ban. And Madjoki's bot that's been pinging there every 5 seconds for the last week in hopes of getting a key before they realize and snatch it away seems unlikely to get anything at this point.

Re: Last night & Verdun, I saw a posting from a dev (or support person, whatever) saying that the "no gun" issue is supposed to be fixed in an upcoming patch.
We'll have to reschedule it. That bug ruined it for you guys, but then again the constant stuttering ruined it for me the first time I played (but it later got fixed in a patch). Seems like they break things every so often in updates, which I get is normal for an EA game.. but damn, it shouldn't be broken to that extent.

We'll have to reschedule it. That bug ruined it for you guys, but then again the constant stuttering ruined it for me the first time I played (but it later got fixed in a patch). Seems like they break things every so often in updates, which I get is normal for an EA game.. but damn, it shouldn't be broken to that extent.
Best part on the forum was the white-knighting where someone posts and says "How come I can't use any guns?" and five people jump on him with "Why are you trying to even play that mode? Why don't you just play Battlefield if you're going to do that? You should be playing the squad defense modes..."

Because, you know, "The devs screwed up and there's a mode-breaking bug" was too bitter a pill for the fans to swallow.

Send me your PS4 and I'll send you a Steam controller. Everyone wins.

Best part on the forum was the white-knighting where someone posts and says "How come I can't use any guns?" and five people jump on him with "Why are you trying to even play that mode? Why don't you just play Battlefield if you're going to do that? You should be playing the squad defense modes..."

Because, you know, "The devs screwed up and there's a mode-breaking bug" was too bitter a pill for the fans to swallow.
Yeah, that's the most annoying part. The devs themselves actually jumped in and apologized and mentioned the patch. I just wish they had a date it was going to be released. All the other people are just idiots. And then when Pengy was explaining that he tried playing and leveling up and it still glitched some dumbass was like "you probably just left the match early and didn't get any career points." Yes, let's just blame the people who bought and played the game for being complete idiots instead of the bug.

I don't even get that.  So, haha, boobs but I'm resting my wrist on her breasts and running a mouse over her face over rand over?  So I need to invest in a dong shaped mouse now, too?  :whistle2:k   :speaktothehand:

I like the small image mouse pad on the right.  She's got her hand up like "Uh, wait a second.  What are you doing?  What's even wrong with you?"

Yeah, that's the most annoying part. The devs themselves actually jumped in and apologized and mentioned the patch. I just wish they had a date it was going to be released. All the other people are just idiots. And then when Pengy was explaining that he tried playing and leveling up and it still glitched some dumbass was like "you probably just left the match early and didn't get any career points." Yes, let's just blame the people who bought and played the game for being complete idiots instead of the bug.
It's probably the same people who were in the game bitching about the noobs with pistols being there. Next time I'll just bludgeon people to death with my binoculars.

I don't even get that. So, haha, boobs but I'm resting my wrist on her breasts and running a mouse over her face over rand over? So I need to invest in a dong shaped mouse now, too? :whistle2:k :speaktothehand:

I like the small image mouse pad on the right. She's got her hand up like "Uh, wait a second. What are you doing? What's even wrong with you?"
Putting your wrist between a woman's breasts is the new blowjob. Guys won't even date a girl nowadays unless she gives you a carpal tunnel job.

My opinion on Overwatch's new competitive mode. It honestly should be called quick play 1.1 since it is exactly quick play with earning points for victories and usually your team gets an attack and a defense and most points win with sudden death being a quick time mode. There isn't any of the things I wished were: 

1. Maybe a ban of 1 or 2 characters....maybe each team chooses 1.

2. Limit of 1 per character per team.....yeah this one would have been excellent.

I'm honestly becoming a bit bored of Overwatch and I thought this would get my competitive blood going. I do want golden guns, but eh this mode is half arsed easily. Seems so tacked on. I was expecting something more akin to DOTA 2 competitive or LoL competitive, though the champion drafting wouldn't make sense. I think if competitive possibly had a timer for changing characters, it would have been neat and really pushed I better choose a good character, and if I need to change I will after a certain timer so I don't change every 10 seconds or something.

My 2 cents of course but i'm disappointed.

Can't get around PP lock to get Dracula Origin Bundle & Tales of Symphonia from Nuuvem 
58351.jpg

OK. About to checkout at nuuvem. DS 2:yes!

I also have some other games on my cart:

gauntlet. It is fun SP? Anyone have it so we can brofist some time?

Rocket knight: didn't even played the original back then

Deadfall adventures: I doubt about this one. I don't usually like puzzle games. But is cheap

Blackguards 2: haven't played the first one, but is cheap... But may be bundled on a cheap tier soon enough.

Ethan Carter: want to try it and is cheap.

Gauntlet is a disappointment. Got the PS4 version and the graphics are tiny and it doesn't seem to control amazingly well. Only play if you're co-opin' with others. I really liked the previous iteration during the ps2 era i think, but this one just is kind of bland though OK.

Deadfall adventures: I doubt about this one. I don't usually like puzzle games. But is cheap
It's okay. It's different in that you are running around doing the puzzles in a fully 3D environment doing the puzzles also with some lite FPS (but don't expect Overwatch or anything). It has a sort of Indiana Jones but way cheesier and campier vibe to it.

I kind of liked it for what it was. It's not just your typical point and click or mobile port puzzle game. I'd say it's worth it if it's cheap.

My opinion on Overwatch's new competitive mode. It honestly should be called quick play 1.1 since it is exactly quick play with earning points for victories and usually your team gets an attack and a defense and most points win with sudden death being a quick time mode. There isn't any of the things I wished were:

1. Maybe a ban of 1 or 2 characters....maybe each team chooses 1.

2. Limit of 1 per character per team.....yeah this one would have been excellent.

I'm honestly becoming a bit bored of Overwatch and I thought this would get my competitive blood going. I do want golden guns, but eh this mode is half arsed easily. Seems so tacked on. I was expecting something more akin to DOTA 2 competitive or LoL competitive, though the champion drafting wouldn't make sense. I think if competitive possibly had a timer for changing characters, it would have been neat and really pushed I better choose a good character, and if I need to change I will after a certain timer so I don't change every 10 seconds or something.

My 2 cents of course but i'm disappointed.
I'm having fun with Competitive but the community is becoming as toxic as any other online game.

People who constantly complain, talk shit, don't take it seriously (completely ignoring team composition)... I don't know why I expected any different.

I know the answer is to party up, but then you'll probably end up at a rank you can't maintain solo.

19.16 - M̱̱᷉i̱̱͚̱̚s̱̞̱ṯ̱̓e̱͏̱ṟ̫̱Glitch: #4471 » [Steam Prices] Price Changed: Android John - 0,99 € at -80% - Previously 5,99 € at -40% - http://store.steampowered.com/app/494660/
19.17 - M̱̱᷉i̱̱͚̱̚s̱̞̱ṯ̱̓e̱͏̱ṟ̫̱Glitch: #4472 » [Steam Prices] Price Changed: LEGO Jurassic World - $3.59 at -88% - Previously $13.59 at -66% - http://store.steampowered.com/app/352400/
19.21 - M̱̱᷉i̱̱͚̱̚s̱̞̱ṯ̱̓e̱͏̱ṟ̫̱Glitch: #4473 » [Steam Prices] Price Changed: Android John - $0.99 at -80% - Previously $5.99 at -40% - http://store.steampowered.com/app/494660/

Other glitches

If anyone ends up missing the Shadow of Mordor GOTY glitch, I've got some gift copies. PM me if you want one.

bread's done
Back