Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
My only other comparison point is the Tiger Woods series which is maybe a little unfair.
Being that the Tiger Woods series are the only golf video games I've ever played, I was kind of hoping they were somewhat similar.

I have it, and upgraded to the CE during the sale. Can't really say one one or the other, because honestly don't recall if I played it or not. :) However I'd love to give it a go with some fellow CAGers.
So according to the Steam page I can't play a season mode unless I buy the CE?

Anyone have any experience with the Assassin's Creed Black Flag dlc?  Trying to decide if I should get the Gold Edition, game plus season pass, or just the base game if the dlc isn't worth it.

Or I could just keep holding out for a MSRP drop but that may never happen and if it does it will probably only go 50% off like the earlier AC games.

Anyone have any experience with the Assassin's Creed Black Flag dlc? Trying to decide if I should get the Gold Edition, game plus season pass, or just the base game if the dlc isn't worth it.

Or I could just keep holding out for a MSRP drop but that may never happen and if it does it will probably only go 50% off like the earlier AC games.
Freedom Cry is decent. Gold has the Aveline DLC which base + SP (what I bought) doesn't have I hear it's shortish but not bad. A lot of the rest is kind of unlocks and multiplayer skins and crap like that though.

I dunno, maybe Base and Freedom Cry DLC ($10 so still cheaper than gold) unless you really are partial to Aveline?

Last edited by a moderator:
How is Lego Worlds at this stage? I am tempted by it but had refunded it a year ago, because it was rather raw at that time. I am thinking of a foray into the building genre so that game and Space Engineers are a couple that come to mind. 

How is Lego Worlds at this stage? I am tempted by it but had refunded it a year ago, because it was rather raw at that time. I am thinking of a foray into the building genre so that game and Space Engineers are a couple that come to mind.
CHKN!!!!!

I actually can't recommend that one yet, but it does have an interesting concept.

If you do get Lego Worlds let me know how it is. I did the same thing last year. Bought and refund. They recently had a B1G1 sale when it was $15, but they were so vague about it I never bit and they ended it before the summer sale.

Anyone have any experience with the Assassin's Creed Black Flag dlc? Trying to decide if I should get the Gold Edition, game plus season pass, or just the base game if the dlc isn't worth it.

Freedom Cry is the only BF DLC worth a damn. Its also available as a standalone game. Its a totally different campaign with a character separate from the main game.

I would recommend buying the base game and the Freedom Cry DLC alone

http://store.steampowered.com/app/264803/

The Gold does have that Aveline pack which I havent played, but the markup is a bit heavy from Base and FC to Gold for some trash DLC that drives the price up.

I wish there was a "crap" tag on steam, and all the appropriate games were labeled as such. Then I could opt out seeing all that shit when they force me to do the damn discovery queues each major sale.

I wish there was a "crap" tag on steam, and all the appropriate games were labeled as such. Then I could opt out seeing all that shit when they force me to do the damn discovery queues each major sale.
There used to be but devs whined, complained and flagged it so Valve blacklisted it and so you can't use it anymore.

eyerollhairtoss.gif

y u no use my system?

Oi9511h.png

So after way too long, I finally caved in and started using the Steam mobile authenticator so I can actually get my cards listed in the same month as when I submit them.

Boy, I do feel safer having to confirm all my cards for sale using the Steam App.  My $0.04 ($0.02 after fees!) cards are now safe from thieving hackers.

y u no use my system?
The problem with that is that there are actually good visual novel games. (and good games based on anime). I wish they allowed setting up tag combos to disallow. Your Anime+visual novel+rpgmaker one would be great that scenario since most of those are awful.

You need to add "Memes" & "Walking Simulator" to those banned tags.
Then the only games in my queue would be early access survival games!

The problem with that is that there are actually good visual novel games. (and good games based on anime). I wish they allowed setting up tag combos to disallow. Your Anime+visual novel+rpgmaker one would be great that scenario since most of those are awful.
Yea, I would agree that some VN games are enjoyable (I liked Cinders, for example), but the anime ones aren't my cup of tea.

Funny enough I don't use any filters/exclusions. Even if I'm not really interested in those games, it's not a big deal to just click through them in the queue.

I hate that Steam has shat all over the visual novel genre for the West. There's a difference between Steins Gate or Zero Escape and Titty Bounce or My Perverted Creepy Furry Beastiality Sex Pets.

At least the extreme end hentai nonsense isn't on Steam.  Then we'd have bad knockoffs of already creepy games.  Just imagine a flood of Mind Control Your Furry Sister and Bigfoot Mother games. 

At least the extreme end hentai nonsense isn't on Steam. Then we'd have bad knockoffs of already creepy games. Just imagine a flood of Mind Control Your Furry Sister and Bigfoot Mother games.
The bundle sites who market to the same Steam crowd do them though.

Also the slippery slope of just what's getting in and sekrit patches tee hee is going further and further down a rabbit hole. Suddenly the Seduce Me card game Valve banned seems tame in comparison to the nasty ass crap that's getting in lately.

Quick question: Has anyone played the Batman AC DLC? Is it any good? I want to play "Harley Quinn's Revenge" I got it for free on Steam as an apology for WB's screw up. I beat the game on PS3 so I never played it. I'm sure I can download a 100% save and just play that. After beating Batman AK it made with wish that Rocksteady implemented the Batmobile in that game instead.

I love the games that have anime girls in their logo, but when you look at gameplay pics/trailers there's nothing anime related to be found.

Does anybody who was around and happened to buy gift copies of shadow of mordor glitch feel like selling me a copy? Unfortunately i was at work. 

I hate that Steam has shat all over the visual novel genre for the West. There's a difference between Steins Gate or Zero Escape and Titty Bounce or My Perverted Creepy Furry Beastiality Sex Pets.
I'd go further and say there's a difference between Steins Gate and Zero Escape. While I love 999 and VLR, I am having a very hard time getting into SG. I'm not very far in, still chapter run, though run time is well over 3 hours. I'm not one who is said to read slow, either, it's just that I've literally fallen asleep while playing. I'm not adverse to reading either, I've finished a half dozen novels in the past month or so. I just really dont like any of the characters so far, excepting, maybe, Daru. The main seems like an a-hole, the genius chick bland, the young assistant annoying and now there is a cat-maid cafe. Blecch!

I'm going to go through more of it at some point, but it doesnt make a good first impression. Fortunately (for me) Vita time is going to ZTD for a while. Maybe I'll be more receptive at another time.

I'd go further and say there's a difference between Steins Gate and Zero Escape. While I love 999 and VLR, I am having a very hard time getting into SG. I'm not very far in, still chapter run, though run time is well over 3 hours. I'm not one who is said to read slow, either, it's just that I've literally fallen asleep while playing. I'm not adverse to reading either, I've finished a half dozen novels in the past month or so. I just really dont like any of the characters so far, excepting, maybe, Daru. The main seems like an a-hole, the genius chick bland, the young assistant annoying and now there is a cat-maid cafe. Blecch!

I'm going to go through more of it at some point, but it doesnt make a good first impression. Fortunately (for me) Vita time is going to ZTD for a while. Maybe I'll be more receptive at another time.
The anime doesn't make a first good impression either. However, the series -really- hooks you at the halfway point. That's when the payoff starts happening. I remember thinking "god this is supposed to be one of the best anime ever??" But then finally when everything is said and done you look back on it and realize how good it was. You just gotta stick with it, man. Avoid all spoilers or anything that gives more away than I just did.

First refund casualty of the sale for me. Bought the game "Kingdom" on a whim. $5, figured wth it looked like something Id enjoy and while its not bad its just really one dimensional and total bundle fodder. That said, its got really nice pixel art and a fitting soundtrack, but Ill wait.

CrfhOi3.jpg

Bleh @ missing the Shadow of Mordor glitch.

EDIT:

This problem has been solved, thanks to a certain person. :)

Big shout-out to that person! :)

So my haul at this moment... via trading

Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition

Mad Max 

Pillars of Eternity Royal Edition

I traded Fable Anniversary and Hard Reset Redux twice to get there, along with trading This War of Mine. 

Hard Reset Redux has become such an important trade piece for me. 

It feels like the Steam equivalent of consolers bragging about flipping their used copies of those Burger King Xbox 360 games for GTA V or something. 

Does anyone here have the Steam Controller, and can they confirm it's worth the $35?

I kinda want to get back into PC gaming. I left my awesome rig and 1000+ Steam collection behind to move back to console gaming, mostly because all the games I happened to be playing were terrible console ports so I figured there was no point going through the trouble being a PC gamer anymore.

Also though, my PC is hooked up to a 45 inch TV and there's no comfortable way for KB+M gaming. I managed to finish a few games with it but it was miserable. The Steam Controller looks like it may be the idea way to play KB+M games, but I'm hearing such mixed reviews. I also want to hear from someone who bought it for legitimate usage for a similar situation as mine, and not someone who bought it just to have while they went back to their KB+M setup at their computer desk.

I've currently been playing Tomb Raider: Definitive on Xbox One. Then I remembered I had it on PC and never even booted it to see how it ran. Runs full speed with ultimate settings and blows the Xbox One version out of the water. It kind of makes me sick. Unrelated since that game has controller support, but I miss this.

why don't u use Xbox One controller on your PC?

it would save you some money from buying Steam controller
I do. I'm looking for something to use for KB+M games without controller support. Xpadder and Joy2Key are a pain to set up and just don't feel quite right with FPS games. I'm wondering how the touchpads on the Steam controller compare to using Xpadder with an Xbox One controller. The user-created configuration files in Steam also look great, which is something I only get with the Steam Controller, correct? Being able to download controller config files all in Big Picture mode sounds amazing.

I do. I'm looking for something to use for KB+M games without controller support. Xpadder and Joy2Key are a pain to set up and just don't feel quite right with FPS games. I'm wondering how the touchpads on the Steam controller compare to using Xpadder with an Xbox One controller. The user-created configuration files in Steam also look great, which is something I only get with the Steam Controller, correct? Being able to download controller config files all in Big Picture mode sounds amazing.
eh, so basically, u want to play FPS with a gamepad instead of K/M?

Does anyone here have the Steam Controller, and can they confirm it's worth the $35?

I kinda want to get back into PC gaming. I left my awesome rig and 1000+ Steam collection behind to move back to console gaming, mostly because all the games I happened to be playing were terrible console ports so I figured there was no point going through the trouble being a PC gamer anymore.

Also though, my PC is hooked up to a 45 inch TV and there's no comfortable way for KB+M gaming. I managed to finish a few games with it but it was miserable. The Steam Controller looks like it may be the idea way to play KB+M games, but I'm hearing such mixed reviews. I also want to hear from someone who bought it for legitimate usage for a similar situation as mine, and not someone who bought it just to have while they went back to their KB+M setup at their computer desk.

I've currently been playing Tomb Raider: Definitive on Xbox One. Then I remembered I had it on PC and never even booted it to see how it ran. Runs full speed with ultimate settings and blows the Xbox One version out of the water. It kind of makes me sick. Unrelated since that game has controller support, but I miss this.
The steam controller is fun to play certain games with, though somewhat hard at first to get used to. It's nice that you can download button mapping that other people have made. I think it was worth the $35. Same with the Link.

bread's done
Back