Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I do. I'm looking for something to use for KB+M games without controller support. Xpadder and Joy2Key are a pain to set up and just don't feel quite right with FPS games. I'm wondering how the touchpads on the Steam controller compare to using Xpadder with an Xbox One controller. The user-created configuration files in Steam also look great, which is something I only get with the Steam Controller, correct? Being able to download controller config files all in Big Picture mode sounds amazing.
I would try to get your hands on one since they are so divisive. I bought mine at launch and it just never quite reaches the peak it is after and it is constantly reminding me of itself instead of allowing me to be immersed in the game i'm playing. It isn't bad and I wouldn't say at $35 you would regret it, but there are a lot of nagging issues that you will be confronted with so don't expect a seamless experience.

Honestly, I think the best option now is a PS4 controller (you get a full controller experience, which the steam controller lacks) and still have access to mouse movement via the trackpad*.

* I read about these features, have not tested it myself.

I would try to get your hands on one since they are so divisive. I bought mine at launch and it just never quite reaches the peak it is after and it is constantly reminding me of itself instead of allowing me to be immersed in the game i'm playing. It isn't bad and I wouldn't say at $35 you would regret it, but there are a lot of nagging issues that you will be confronted with so don't expect a seamless experience.

Honestly, I think the best option now is a PS4 controller (you get a full controller experience, which the steam controller lacks) and still have access to mouse movement via the trackpad*.

I have a PS4 controller and I really like it. That said, I don't know how much you could really use the track pad during a game though. That and the Bluetooth drivers were really hit or miss last I tried. I just use it usb, but most people probably want something wireless.

I know this is likely poop but posting since it's avaliable again. GMG $0.20 mystery key

Link
Great. Another 20 cents possible to hit the Wasteland.

EDIT:

Ended up with Steel Storm + ALL DLC.

Well, I didn't have that. That works out.

Especially given its cheapest costs on ITAD:

https://isthereanydeal.com/#/page:game/info?plain=steelstormcompleteedition

EDIT 2:

Updated my Summer Sale 2016 Haul List:

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/341407-steam-deals-mega-thread-all-pc-gaming-deals-bring-on-the-summer-sales/?p=13387547

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a PS4 controller and I really like it. That said, I don't know how much you could really use the track pad during a game though. That and the Bluetooth drivers were really hit or miss last I tried. I just use it usb, but most people probably want something wireless.
Thanks for the clarification, I wasn't sure how well it worked in a real situation. The PS4 controller with a chatpad seems like it would be about the best option for this particular situation, oh well.

I half expect Valve to release a V2 of the Steam Controller with modular options to switch out pieces when needed.

V2 + V1 = HL3 zomg

Thanks for the clarification, I wasn't sure how well it worked in a real situation. The PS4 controller with a chatpad seems like it would be about the best option for this particular situation, oh well.

I half expect Valve to release a V2 of the Steam Controller with modular options to switch out pieces when needed.

V2 + V1 = HL3 zomg
Yeah, the tracking pad is nice, but I just use it from time to time when the joysticks aren't playing as nice with the menus as I'd like. I can't imagine using it extensively in a game that requires a mouse like a RTS or sim or anything like that, but who knows, maybe it just takes some getting used to.

My bro in law games on his couch sometimes and just has a wireless keyboard and mouse set for when he can't use a controller. Logitech makes couch mice that will track on almost any surface.

Edit:

Newegg has a free $5 promo gift card with $25 gift card purchase. Not bad, though the promo gift cards I think expire within so many days.

eh, so basically, u want to play FPS with a gamepad instead of K/M?
Yes, because I can't play with a keyboard and mouse. Unless I use one of those lap desk things to allow me to use the mouse and keyboard on my lap, which I have before, and it's beyond uncomfortable. Gaming after work becomes more work instead of melting to the couch with a controller.

What makes the PS4 controller different than the XB1? Or is the trackpad it? I can see it being useful for a few stubborn games that are controller compatible but require a mouse for menus. Not sure if it's worth buying the controller just for that though.

I wish I could get Xpadder to work properly. The AutoProfile feature is EXACTLY what I need. A way for Xpadder to see what I'm launching, automatically pull up the profile I need and starts working seamlessly, then shuts itself off when I close the game. However, when I use Steam to launch games, Xpadder doesn't see that the game is running and therefore won't load the profile.

Yes, because I can't play with a keyboard and mouse. Unless I use one of those lap desk things to allow me to use the mouse and keyboard on my lap, which I have before, and it's beyond uncomfortable. Gaming after work becomes more work instead of melting to the couch with a controller.

What makes the PS4 controller different than the XB1? Or is the trackpad it? I can see it being useful for a few stubborn games that are controller compatible but require a mouse for menus. Not sure if it's worth buying the controller just for that though.

I wish I could get Xpadder to work properly. The AutoProfile feature is EXACTLY what I need. A way for Xpadder to see what I'm launching, automatically pull up the profile I need and starts working seamlessly, then shuts itself off when I close the game. However, when I use Steam to launch games, Xpadder doesn't see that the game is running and therefore won't load the profile.
I play all games with either my wireless 360 pad or my logitech f310 and I don't need anything else. Steam controller was a waste of $$ for me, just stick with the 360 wireless or get the PS4 Dualshock, both are goat controllers. Oh and get this on Steam, works way better than xpadder and there's already pre-made profiles for most games.

I play all games with either my wireless 360 pad or my logitech f310 and I don't need anything else. Steam controller was a waste of $$ for me, just stick with the 360 wireless or get the PS4 Dualshock, both are goat controllers. Oh and get this on Steam, works way better than xpadder and there's already pre-made profiles for most games.
Insta-buy. This looks like it may be exactly what I need. Thank you. I didn't even think to search for something like that on Steam because I didn't know such a thing existed.

EDIT: Someone on Steam Workshop uploaded a THUG Pro profile. I am in heaven. That was my main reason for wanting controller support but I figured I was the only person that played that.

Shameless group buy post:

Malkanbro and I are looking for two more people who want to go in on a 4-pack of Tabletop Simulator ($7.50 a copy).  PM if interested.  Thanks. 

Been a few days, but I just saw this.

Unepic dev gave away Ghost 1.0 keys that were being sold on G2A.

Seems people claimed to be youtubers/streamers to get keys, but then turned around and were selling the keys on G2A so the dev just posted the keys.

:rofl:
Again? when Unepic launched on Steam some hackers stole a bunch of keys from the devs website that were supposed to be given to people who bought the game on GOG and got the Indie Royale in which the game was included. Some of the keys were sold on grey market websites and were later revoked from people's Steam accounts.

Again? when Unepic launched on Steam some hackers stole a bunch of keys from the devs website that were supposed to be given to people who bought the game on GOG and got the Indie Royale in which the game was included. Some of the keys were sold on grey market websites and were later revoked from people's Steam accounts.
Reading his tweet in spanish, he said Valve rejected his petition to revoke the keys. That's why he uploaded a pic with keys so G2A sellers got in trouble.

Nice @ profiles for many titles.

So, is this Controller Companion better than Pinnacle?

I'm also guessing for older games that work better w/ controllers (i.e. non-FPS games) that are not supporting XInput natively in-game, this could make life a lot easier for those.

FREE GAMEZ

Atonement: Scourge of Time
K9YZ2-WKMLR-A85X9

Data Hacker: Initiation
LIZ7Y-A4CJ8-TJQ7G

Zombie Solitaire
ILHD8-YWDFG-WYR0B

NecroVisioN + NecroVisioN: Lost Company
EXFWV-7BCAP-EDWH9

Betrayer
NAFG8-9CT2K-YMTDN

Guns n Zombies
80JW2-888Z3-X97IM

The Path
6RKF5-T6QFW-HIPI3

Yea this sale is a big time bust. I've gotten a few things and will be getting a few more since I have wallet to burn, but debating whether to get a higher priced game (i.e. Dark Souls III) or a variety of lesser priced games. The only rule I have for myself is stuff I will play sooner rather than later. The %s off all suck and are going to continue to suck going forward. 

http://store.steampowered.com/app/444140/

I'm disappointed that the CAG members have not donated me a VR machine to play my superior Japanese Video games yet.

HOW AM I SUPPOSE TO PLAY GAME OF THE YEAR NOW?

CsIxtUQ.png

I've seen better or price-matched deals on Amazon and IndieGala during this Steam Sale. If anyone benefits from this Steam Sale set-up, it's other store-fronts like those. They can just price-match, top them, or throw in extra goodies - and this makes for a better deal than what Steam's crapping-out.

Maybe the price is the same on Steam, but you get a free random game on IndieGala.

Maybe you have Gift Card or vouchers - and that is a good reason to get it from Amazon.

So many reasons to just take your money elsewhere.

I've been looking for something like this since x-padder doesn't always work for me. Thank you for pointing this out.

Insta-buy.
Exactly. :p

I've seen better or price-matched deals on Amazon and IndieGala during this Steam Sale. If anyone benefits from this Steam Sale set-up, it's other store-fronts like those. They can just price-match, top them, or throw in extra goodies - and this makes for a better deal than what Steam's crapping-out.

Maybe the price is the same on Steam, but you get a free random game on IndieGala.

Maybe you have Gift Card or vouchers - and that is a good reason to get it from Amazon.

So many reasons to just take your money elsewhere.
This is one clear example.

$6.99 for the Deluxe Edition while the vanilla is on sale on Steam for the same price. Sure, you only get some PDF artwork and the Soundtrack but it's still a much better deal.

$6.99 for the Deluxe Edition while the vanilla is on sale on Steam for the same price. Sure, you only get some PDF artwork and the Soundtrack but it's still a much better deal.
Yep, that's a better deal.

And someone like Foxhack probably would absolutely love a deal like that with the Soundtrack Edition being the better value for the same exact price.

I feel horrible for not having purchased even one game during this summer sale... I just dont know what to invest my money in. Im really close to buying Valkyria Chronicles, but i dunno lol 

I feel horrible for not having purchased even one game during this summer sale... I just dont know what to invest my money in. Im really close to buying Valkyria Chronicles, but i dunno lol
If Valkyria Chronicles fits into your type of gaming i.e. turn based strategy game, then buy it. $5 is a good and fair price (best price on steam; it has been that a couple of times and was in a humble monthly prior) It has a lot of content as basically the DLCs from the console version included.

Anyone ever had a purchase on Steam stuck on pending? The games are in my library but unavailable to idle for cards. Only been a couple minutes, but I've never seen it and didn't get a SteamGuard email or anything.

It says to contact Steam Support, but I feel like I won't do that and will do anything else instead.

Steam in general seems to be messed up at the moment.  I can not list cards or view my activity feed.  I'd give it a while and see what happens.  

Anyone ever had a purchase on Steam stuck on pending? The games are in my library but unavailable to idle for cards. Only been a couple minutes, but I've never seen it and didn't get a SteamGuard email or anything.

It says to contact Steam Support, but I feel like I won't do that and will do anything else instead.
This happened to me the other day when attempting to gift a game purchase. It worked itself out after 5-10 minutes.

Yep, that's a better deal.

And someone like Foxhack probably would absolutely love a deal like that with the Soundtrack Edition being the better value for the same exact price.
I'd rather get the games in a Humble so I get the soundtracks in FLAC. :p

But yeah. Amazon's the better deal. If I didn't have all this fake Gaben cash burning a hole in my account, I'd spend the Amazonbux.

No it isn't. That is a pricematch error. Amazon doesn't carry the base game, so whatever person submitted the price match picked that product on Amazon to match the Steam listing. The Amazon rep messed up. Amazon doesn't do real 'deals' any more for PC games. They pricematch if you submit, nothing more. This was a mistake, not someone at Amazon making a conscious decision to beat Steam.

And blah blah blah MrD trying to pontificate about what a bad sale this is. A small number of games don't have the same discount as the winter sale, boo fucking hoo. Wait til this year's winter sale? Anyone with a fucking brain is using ES, can see the all time low and decide for themselves if they want to buy. And whether or not Amazon or GG or IG matches Steam's price, who fucking cares? Get back to me when they have a better price, outside of the Summer Sale. This sale is neither better nor worse than the winter sale in most regards.

Frankly I would say it is better because of the popularity of the 'complete the bundle' options and Valve created bundles.

And blah blah blah MrD trying to pontificate about what a bad sale this is. A small number of games don't have the same discount as the winter sale, boo fucking hoo. Wait til this year's winter sale? Anyone with a fucking brain is using ES, can see the all time low and decide for themselves if they want to buy. And whether or not Amazon or GG or IG matches Steam's price, who fucking cares? Get back to me when they have a better price, outside of the Summer Sale. This sale is neither better nor worse than the winter sale in most regards.

Frankly I would say it is better because of the popularity of the 'complete the bundle' options and Valve created bundles.
As CAG's - if we have Bing-made searching Gift Card money built-up and say Amazon matches or beats a price on a game or bundle that Steam has, where do you think we'll buy something we really want if we see a certain title or bundle on sale?

"Oh, look - said game's 75% off on Steam at start of Steam Summer Sale. Price won't change - wait a few days and see what others do."

[Time passes a little - few hours, days, whatever.]

"Oh, look Amazon matched Steam and I have Gift Card money from there."

Guess who gets the purchase? Not Steam.

As CAG's - if IndieGala matches or beats Steam and you get an extra free game from IndieGala b/c of their free random game scratchy gimmick - where do you think my money will go? Won't be Steam.

But, you are right about the "Complete The Bundle" option - it's probably one of the better things to come from Steam for game-sales; if that's really saying too much. But, really - not every bundle out there where I have some games in the bundle is asking me to "Complete The Bundle" with a killer discount here.

[shrug]

And BTW - the past Winter Sale (2015) on Steam I thought sucked, too. Let's not fool ourselves here.

EDIT:

These sales of other digital-stores kicking Steam's butt at any point in time (before, after, and during Steam Sales) just ain't been the same since the old-school AmazonTony AmazonDVG days anyways. Let's be real here.

Id say this sale is equal to the last Winter Sale. Its got the same issues. Crappy discounts, nothing to keep me coming back every day. The only thing its caused me to do is really take time in getting the few games Im going to get. I was gifted a wallet card so Im going to burn that in games, but had I not my buying would be done for already. If this was the old style, I know Id have spent more money and gotten more impulse purchases. The refund system is nice and I do appreciate it, but I dont know if Id take that over flash/community choice/dailies. It'd be a tough decision.

Its all Valve's fault too. They're the ones suggesting to devs to keep the discounts higher than in the past.

bread's done
Back