Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Been playing dragon age inquisition...the game looks great. The combat is somewhere in between Dragon age origins and dragon age 2. The big problem with the game is that the overwhelming majority of the "sidequests" are just busy work (collect 437 shards, go kill ten rams, close 88 rifts, etc). I've been playing for about 15 hours and I think i only encountered one sidequest that was somewhat substantial/led to a side dungeon. It really does disperse quests like its an MMO or something. The game would be fantastic if they even put the same amount of effort into their sidequests as Skyrim did. I give it like a 7.5 or 8/10
I just got it on sale, too, but I do remember the key thing is don't try to do everything in the first area or you'll fail/get bored/hate the game. Get your "Inquisitor's Legs" and then head off from there and you're likely to find the gripes less gripey? Dunno, it's on my list to play.

My haul this sale...

-Artificial Defense
-Refunct
-Divinity: Original Sin EE
-Gemcraft
-Hyperdimension Weeaboo Re;Shame 3
-Creeper World 3
-Subnautica (partially for VR curious)
-Satellite Reign
-Zambeez Army Trilogy 3
-Dragon Age Inquisition (Origin)
-BlazeRush (Oculus)

So far, really like Refunct for a buck fiddy. Subnautica is the first survival game in a long time that has me wanting more. Haven't tried the VR yet because of a sorta phobia to water I have I'm totally too cool for that. Creeper World I can see being super addictive, too.

Not the worst sale ever, but certainly still kinda lacking. A lot of the stuff on my wishlist barely creeped to 50% off and I've been spending money on my other nerd hobbies, so less games/game time.

Edit:

Also, really surprised that HuniePop is actually an entertaining game with some quippy dialogue and not just a gross, meme-spewining match 3 I was expected to be liked only for irony in these parts. Go figure.

Last edited by a moderator:
So Indiegamestand has a 30% off code of "SAVE30" they sent out in their email. It's a one time use code per account. Most of the stuff to use it on is meh but there's a couple of games that so far haven't been bundled in years that are already on sale and it stacks with so maybe worth looking at.

Monstro Battle Tactics (IGS Link) (Steam Link)

$1.40 after voucher (lowest price it has been on Steam is $2.39 which it is now)

Turn based tactical/puzzle game with sort of a casual/retro flair. Only 9 Steam reviews but they are all positive.

Released January 2014 and still never bundled so seems unlikely to be at this point. Has cards.

Deadstone (IGS Link) (Steam Link)

$3.43 after voucher (lowest non voucher price it has been is $5 which it is now on Steam and IGS)

Top down shooter/Tower defense with RPG elements and a long campaign with a detailed story. Also has a survival mode and local co-op. Has 39 Steam reviews, 33 (85%) of which are positive.

Released November 2014 and still never bundles so seems unlikely to be at this point. Has cards.

Possibly worth noting too is e-River Cabin Journal. It seems like sort of a choose your own adventure survival visual novel RPG Elements mash up sort of thing? It's not out on Steam yet but should be this month. Technically the IGS page doesn't say they will give Steam keys but if they aren't total douches they probably will so I bought it and just gambled on it. Regular price is $10, IGS sale is $6.99 and with voucher it's $4.89.

I like grabbing obscure stuff heading to Steam eventually on sales on obscure sites. Sometimes I make out that way, like getting Va-11 Hall-A (good game btw) on itch.io for 1/3 the price it's selling at now on Steam. :p
thanks Motoki. I will notify Miller and have him curate these for Poopees' next bundle :D/

As far as I could see, it was being flagged by antivirus programs because the dev uses an application packer to make it smaller. That and apparently you get added to its user group without your consent if you don't uncheck a specific setting.
and ppl ditched idlemaster for this? meh..

and ppl ditched idlemaster for this? meh..
Uh, the app packing thing is not a bad thing, a lot of indie games use it. It's just that antivirus programs see these and immediately think it's a virus.

I do have issues with my alts getting added to groups without my consent... besides, IdleMaster is having lots of issues because it's not being updated anymore. It can't handle Steam's current wonkiness anymore.

I assume you mean ZTD. I bought it too.. but got a foil from it and sold it for $9 after fees, lol. I'm still deciding on what else to buy, but so far I've bought that, some Oddworld DLC, the New Reality shit (which I broke even on after selling cards), and the Lostwinds combo pack.

I'll likely buy a few other things (most likely Azure Striker Gunvolt), but I don't want to buy too much crap when I could be spending steam wallet on shit I'll play (I know.. shocking).
Yup it was ZTD, this was one game I had no problem paying full price in a loooong time and I just wanted to support the game and hopefully the others release on Steam as well. You weren't kidding all the cards and stuff are expensive from that game, It seems that these steam sales have been getting worse and worse as time goes on.

Been playing dragon age inquisition...the game looks great. The combat is somewhere in between Dragon age origins and dragon age 2. The big problem with the game is that the overwhelming majority of the "sidequests" are just busy work (collect 437 shards, go kill ten rams, close 88 rifts, etc).
Best bet is to treat those missions (they're not even really 'quests') as something to do while you explore. All they do is help level you up and gain Power but not a one of them is mandatory. As TheKBob said, trying to clear an area, esp. The Hinterlands, before moving on will burn you out.

The real side quests are much more substantial and come from your companions. There's entire regions of the map that are dotted with those little collect missions but you're really going to head there for the side quests. For example, you can complete the entire main game without setting foot in Emprise du Lion but you'll probably wind up heading there anyway because Cullen has a whole lengthy quest line about corrupted Seekers/Templars that blends seamlessly with the main quest but isn't actually required. Likewise for Hissing Wastes which has no main plot reason for visiting but is filled with abandoned ruins and a dragon. During my son's play through he managed to actually skip gaining a companion because the mission to go find her was optional and gets locked off after point in the game. (Edit: Thinking about it, there's four companions where meeting them is completely optional to the main story) Also, much like in previous games, each companion has a story quest they'll reveal once they trust you enough.

So, point being, don't sweat the piddly "collect ten" missions because those aren't actually the side quests. Just a chance to gain some extra experience and Power as you're trotting around.

Is anyone interested in me hosting a Zombie Army Trilogy 4 pack? It's 6.75 each and I need three victims I mean other people.

I figure it doesn't hurt to ask here too. I need to empty my Steam wallet.

Edit: Never mind, guess I'll wait for a Bundlestars deal.

While I wasn't enthused with auto joining the Archi steam group the program works better than idlemaster. Especially not showing on your profile the games you are idling. Just let it run in the background and it idles whenever I get games that need to be idled. Never have to mess with it.

Someone mentioned getting The Spatials a few days ago (which reminded me of the game, got lost in my wishlist so thanks), which caused finding this information. If you buy it now (well on/before the 5th so..now) you'll get it plus basically Spatials 2.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/346420/discussions/0/357287304427909251/

Yeah yeah 50% off blah blah. If really concerned, can always get it at the low low price of $999.99 on Desura. 

Best bet is to treat those missions (they're not even really 'quests') as something to do while you explore. All they do is help level you up and gain Power but not a one of them is mandatory. As TheKBob said, trying to clear an area, esp. The Hinterlands, before moving on will burn you out.
...snip...
So, point being, don't sweat the piddly "collect ten" missions because those aren't actually the side quests. Just a chance to gain some extra experience and Power as you're trotting around.
I just picked up DA:I but I might have to take a break for a while when I finally finish TW3 this weekend. I'm the type who had to visit every question mark on every map (except Skellige...ugh) so I'm afraid I might burn out or get insanely over-leveled if I do the same in DA:I.

While I wasn't enthused with auto joining the Archi steam group the program works better than idlemaster. Especially not showing on your profile the games you are idling. Just let it run in the background and it idles whenever I get games that need to be idled. Never have to mess with it.
Does the drop rate in Archi slow when you are actually playing a Steam game like it does in Idlemaster? Also, can Archi idle multiple games for 2 hours at once for those of us on the GabeN blacklist?

Does the drop rate in Archi slow when you are actually playing a Steam game like it does in Idlemaster? Also, can Archi idle multiple games for 2 hours at once for those of us on the GabeN blacklist?
Archi stops idling whenever you are actually playing a game then starts back up immediately after you stop. Not sure if this is a setting that can be changed or not. Pretty sure you can set it to mass idle for 2h then individual but mine isn't setup that way.

Archi stops idling whenever you are actually playing a game then starts back up immediately after you stop. Not sure if this is a setting that can be changed or not. Pretty sure you can set it to mass idle for 2h then individual but mine isn't setup that way.
Yeah, there's one setting that will make it idle all games to two hours at the same time. If forgot what it is but Spoder knows. I think simple to complex.

I just picked up DA:I but I might have to take a break for a while when I finally finish TW3 this weekend. I'm the type who had to visit every question mark on every map (except Skellige...ugh) so I'm afraid I might burn out or get insanely over-leveled if I do the same in DA:I.
Before starting the Trespasser DLC, I decided to close every single rift in the game (to level up and for story canon reasons). It was a tedious process, but I love seeing quests go away into the Completed section, never to be looked at again. The shards collection side quest is arguably the most tedious, but some may find the perks it provides to be worth the effort. Both are optional. DAI can burn you out, but the story is good, the characters are great, and it's beautiful to wander around. Plus, there are multiple dragons in this one!

Yup it was ZTD, this was one game I had no problem paying full price in a loooong time and I just wanted to support the game and hopefully the others release on Steam as well. You weren't kidding all the cards and stuff are expensive from that game, It seems that these steam sales have been getting worse and worse as time goes on.
Good for you actually getting to play the game, whereas my Vita copy ordered a year ago shows no signs of shipping!

But I did get a $10 amazon credit out of it
But I used it to buy Life is Strange for some reason

I've got about $7 worth of stuff in my cart, I really can't think of anything else to buy.

Well, except the Arkham Knight Season Pass but WB sucks ass so they didn't discount it. Again.

Might as well post my haul since I ended up finding a Brazilian trader to help me out with my Nuuvem purchases.

Steam:
Gang Beasts 

Stardew Valley

Miscellaneous cheap +1 bundles

Nuuvem:

Hotline Miami 2

The Vanishing of Ethan Carter

Enter the Gungeon

Layers of Fear

I still have about ~$20 left in my Steam wallet that I'll likely spend by tomorrow. On what, I'm not sure, but I'm sure I'll find a game or two that I'll never play.

Sigh.

https://twitter.com/Foxhack/status/749783399653486593

Also gifted My Boyfriend Is a Space Tyrant to a friend, and bought Dark Souls II SOTFS + Lords of the Fallen GOTY (for the DLC) via a Nuuvem trader.

I had $13.15 when the sale began, gained $23.98 via laundered card and booster money, spent $0.90 on the sale emoticons, $15.78 on games for myself, and $6.44 on my friend's game.

I ended up with 73 cents profit.

Edit: uuuuuuuuh why is Twitter showing my location now? I have that disabled. @_@

Sigh.

https://twitter.com/Foxhack/status/749783399653486593

Also gifted My Boyfriend Is a Space Tyrant to a friend, and bought Dark Souls II SOTFS + Lords of the Fallen GOTY (for the DLC) via a Nuuvem trader.

I had $13.15 when the sale began, gained $23.98 via laundered card and booster money, spent $0.90 on the sale emoticons, $15.78 on games for myself, and $6.44 on my friend's game.

I ended up with 73 cents profit.
Take that 73 cents and put it in the bank, save for your new adobe hut

Been playing dragon age inquisition...the game looks great. The combat is somewhere in between Dragon age origins and dragon age 2. The big problem with the game is that the overwhelming majority of the "sidequests" are just busy work (collect 437 shards, go kill ten rams, close 88 rifts, etc). I've been playing for about 15 hours and I think i only encountered one sidequest that was somewhat substantial/led to a side dungeon. It really does disperse quests like its an MMO or something. The game would be fantastic if they even put the same amount of effort into their sidequests as Skyrim did. I give it like a 7.5 or 8/10
do u need to play the 1st and 2nd one prior this one? I appreciate the Witcher series for fill me in w/o having to ENDURE the slow-as-hell Witcher 1 and Witcher 2

so Archi get your account to join Steam group w/o your consent, run in the background and is flagged by your antivirus as a virus? :drool:

anything ELSE I need to know before I jump ship? :whistle2:

so Archi get your account to join Steam group w/o your consent, run in the background and is flagged by your antivirus as a virus? :drool:

anything ELSE I need to know before I jump ship? :whistle2:
It doesn't trigger my antivirus. YMMV on that. Can see why it might get flagged though.

Ok guys, since the sale is almost over does any want to recommend some good sales on decent games that I might've missed or overlooked? I'm mostly looking for some rogue-likes, platformers/metroidvanias and pretty much any fun online co-op game (no local co-op though). I'm kinda a Steam newbie with only 52 games, half of those being $1 tier Humble games. So don't worry about me having the games you wanna recommend, cause I most likely don't.

Thanks for any recommendations!

Bought more than I expected to, but largely b/c of a $50 wallet card I was gifted. Nothing out of pocket except for my one Amazon purchase since the majority of wallet money came from card farming since February and a KF2 crate drop that I got $38 for.

I bought 3 games I have since refunded, Hyper Light Drifter, Kingdom, and Aquatic Adventures of the Last Human. All 3 are nice enough games, but don't feel I'll put enough time into them anytime soon, so fine waiting. Stupidly, I bought Hyper Light and Last Human today, so the refund wont come in until after the sale is over. Oh well, will be +20 post sale b/c of the refunds.

Steam:

Dark Souls III

Punch Club

Trigonarium

A handful of bundle fillers for less than $1 total.

Sky Force Anniversary

Undertale

Resident Evil 0

Shadwen 

Moto GP 13

Axiom Verge

Flywrench

12 Is Better Than 6

Enemy Front Map Pack for Bronight

Amazon:

Shadowrun Hong Kong Extended Deluxe

Gifted to me:

Blood and Bacon

Congo

Goat Simulator GoatZ DLC

Ok guys, since the sale is almost over does any want to recommend some good sales on decent games that I might've missed or overlooked? I'm mostly looking for some rogue-likes, platformers/metroidvanias and pretty much any fun online co-op game (no local co-op though). I'm kinda a Steam newbie with only 52 games, half of those being $1 tier Humble games. So don't worry about me having the games you wanna recommend, cause I most likely don't.

Thanks for any recommendations!
try Rogue Legacy

http://store.steampowered.com/app/241600/

You can turn off the auto-join group thing. I think it's a dumb feature to set on by default, but w/e. If it's flagged by your antivirus, your antivirus sucks.

There were only a couple things IdleMaster has over Archi. You could sort by card value with IdleMaster, where you can't with Archi, and you can "skip" games with IM but not with Archi. Archi does allow you to play specific games, but you have to set up a bot for it or use a separate UI program for it (there's one decent one called ASFui, but it tends to be buggy in my experience)

The card value filter never worked right for me, it always caused IM to screw up, and I just use ASFui when I need to idle specific games.

Ok guys, since the sale is almost over does any want to recommend some good sales on decent games that I might've missed or overlooked? I'm mostly looking for some rogue-likes, platformers/metroidvanias and pretty much any fun online co-op game (no local co-op though). I'm kinda a Steam newbie with only 52 games, half of those being $1 tier Humble games. So don't worry about me having the games you wanna recommend, cause I most likely don't.

Crypt of the Necrodancer

Super Meat Boy

Mark of the Ninja

I'ma bad steam sale shopper, i need to go to spankey room.

I left that $0.90 match 3 RPG in my cart for a while... I might still get it before the end... maybe... iono... I'll probably forget, regret not getting it for a day, then it'll be in a bundle and will feel vindicated.

If you don't own it (it's been bundled twice). Eldritch is a steal for $1.49.

Hero Siege is another good rogue-like on sale for $0.59.

Outand is a pretty cool plataformer-metroidvania and it's on sale for only $0.99.

And my final recommendation would be Apotheon, probably my favorite Metroidvania on Steam. The combat might feel a bit clunky, but damn is the game pretty and the soundtrack a delight to listen to. $3.74 right now.

I hate platformers, but a few of us played Bloody Trapland a long time ago and I actually enjoyed it. Great fun with 4 people.

I hate platformers, but a few of us played Bloody Trapland a long time ago and I actually enjoyed it. Great fun with 4 people.
I know I played that with a few CAGs but I can't remember if you were one of them. It's fun but very brutal. I ended up not finishing the game due to how difficult it was. I got to the last level and quit, I guess I should go back to it eventually

Well I fell far short of my goal of purchasing every game on Steam, but I was able to pick up more than a few games that I will never get around to playing.

I'm looking to make one last purchase, so can anyone recommend a decent horror game? Preferably something that isn't on consoles and that came out within the last few years. I already have diarrhea so I figure if I'm going to shit my pants I might as well have a fun time doing it.

Well I fell far short of my goal of purchasing every game on Steam, but I was able to pick up more than a few games that I will never get around to playing.

I'm looking to make one last purchase, so can anyone recommend a decent horror game? Preferably something that isn't on consoles and that came out within the last few years. I already have diarrhea so I figure if I'm going to shit my pants I might as well have a fun time doing it.
Lucius, great game, almost as scary as Bad Rats.

bread's done
Back