Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I'm glad I got Dead Rising 2: OTR when I had the chance, as I had most of the other cheap bundled titles they were selling and some were quite overpriced too. This won't beat the people who got Dead Rising 3 for free, though.
I went for Dead Rising 2: OTR as well earlier this morning. It was either that or the Rocket League - Back to the Future DLC. Nothing else seemed worth it.

Nice find Modjoki.

Managed to grab:
Holy Potatoes! A Weapon Shop?!
Super Time Force Ultra

Freedom Force vs. the 3rd Reich
Freedom Force
Painkiller Hell and Damnation
Escape from Dead Island
Lightfish
Please Don't Touch Anything

also got an invalid key for Wargame European Escalation and Octodad on hold.
Nice promotion.
Nice haul. This whole episode seems like a shady gray market version of the Origin Store glitch of 2012. If I hadn't had it already, the Shadow of Mordor GOTY upgrade was a good price too. Just like with the Origin glitch, I was too paranoid to try and find more stuff to add, which would keep the total below the coupon threshold. The site was similarly super slow, just like Origin back then.

Last edited by a moderator:
That Save5Eur code doesn't seem to work for me either.

Sucks, I would've paid two Euro for the Arkham Knight season pass. Anyone want to help me out? I've got some spare Gabenbux I could pay you back with. (USA Steam store.) Or actual gringobux. Whatever. I don't want to give that much money to friggin WB. :p

I've already been striked by a revoke from stupid gleam givaway, so whatever.

Free shit is free.
It won't be so free if Steam decides to ban "a few" accounts who happen to be related to stolen key sellers. Having one or two such games is one thing (games gets removed from library and you never hear from them again), having a long history of redeeming 3rd party keys from shady sources, some of whom may have been selling keys from chargeback-ed purchases, may get you into trouble.

Then again this involves Steam actually taking a hardline policy on something - not exactly something they seem to exhibit nowadays. Never underestimate the power of a gaming media scandal though - might actually wake some of Steam's management up and you never know what they might do.

Bahaha. They ran out of cheapy Arkham Knight Season Pass codes. Guess a lot of people thought the same as me.

You probably need an old account to use the SAVE5EUR code. I noticed you can use the KINGUINGC without being logged in, while you can't do that with SAVE5EUR. Probably account bound

It won't be so free if Steam decides to ban "a few" accounts who happen to be related to stolen key sellers. Having one or two such games is one thing (games gets removed from library and you never hear from them again), having a long history of redeeming 3rd party keys from shady sources, some of whom may have been selling keys from chargeback-ed purchases, may get you into trouble.

Then again this involves Steam actually taking a hardline policy on something - not exactly something they seem to exhibit nowadays. Never underestimate the power of a gaming media scandal though - might actually wake some of Steam's management up and you never know what they might do.
I see you are new here. Hello.

Steam doesn't care about stolen keys and certainly won't ban people for activating them. They even made tools lately, so they can't be bothered by pleb stuff like deactivating the keys. It's the devs' job now.

Anyway, most of the time those bundle keys are just resold for profit and they are 'legit'.

I'm a bit relieved at the reports of Deus Ex only taking 10-12 hours to beat. Life is short and I only have so much time to finish a few games before Sid Meier's Backlog Generator 6 comes out in October.

On a related note, I just received my Deus Ex key from CDKeys and the method in which it was delivered left the impression that this key was not obtained through legitimate means.
My overall point was that it marks a troubling trend in the industry. DLC used to be the way publishers charged $100+ for their games. Now they're going one step beyond and slicing their games up into expansion sized chunks and calling them full games or, at least, charging full game prices for it (see, e.g., Blizzard with SC2). Instead of paying $100+ for a game some people will pay $200+ in the form of Mankind Divided + it's season pass of shitty cheats and fluff + Orange Soda Divided (released in 2018 or so) + Orange Soda's shitty season pass.

Of course, there's always sales and the 'grey market' but it's unfortunate that the most appealing of AAA games (and those are getting more and more rare these days) are the ones targeted for such shady practices.

It isn't shady, it is business.  These companies don't give a shit about you, they care about your money and if people spend more on this model, that is what they will use.

It isn't shady, it is business.
aoz8kgx8pzknypz7z38n.jpg

Is G2A safe to buy steam keys? Looking for a Sunless Sea code, and it's several dollars cheaper there.
Not really, but people generally get away with it without problems. The biggest shit part is that G2A charges additional service fees for you to get your money back if the code doesn't work. If you don't buy the protection and get a bad code, you're out of luck.

Also, it's both shady and business. There are still companies who aren't shady, and we shouldn't equate them with Squeamish and Crapcorn. There aren't enough honest publishers as it is.

It isn't shady, it is business. These companies don't give a shit about you, they care about your money and if people spend more on this model, that is what they will use.
Really? I thought publishers were charities. Thanks for clearing that up. Yes, it's shady. Business practices can be shady. That a lot of people might fall for them doesn't make them not-shady.

Really? I thought publishers were charities. Thanks for clearing that up. Yes, it's shady. Business practices can be shady. That a lot of people might fall for them doesn't make them not-shady.
For it to be shady it would have to be deceptive. This isn't deceptive, you just don't agree with it because you aren't getting what you want. Nevermind the costs of development and marketing costs or to pay the team. I want it my way!

Is G2A safe to buy steam keys? Looking for a Sunless Sea code, and it's several dollars cheaper there.
It's like buying lunch from the seedy Chinese place that changes management every four months: You probably won't get food poisoning but your odds are certainly greater than from a reputable restaurant and, if you do wind up puking for three days, you have no one to blame but yourself.

For it to be shady it would have to be deceptive. This isn't deceptive, you just don't agree with it because you aren't getting what you want. Nevermind the costs of development and marketing costs or to pay the team. I want it my way!
Selling partial games as complete games is deceptive.

No one cares how much money they waste on marketing. That's on them. It's also not our duty to foot the bill for their grossly inflated development costs and sales quotas. Certain publishers are taking advantage of their own brand names while also devaluing those franchises.

It's like buying lunch from the seedy Chinese place that changes management every four months: You probably won't get food poisoning but your odds are certainly greater than from a reputable restaurant and, if you do wind up puking for three days, you have no one to blame but yourself.
That argument also works for Mooby and nooby's slapping contest in APA formatting like their posts are being graded.

Spoiler alert: Someone who doesn't appreciate buying games that aren't complete doesn't have to buy those games. Nobody needs to convince other people to support things they don't like. I think it's shitty, too.

Selling partial games as complete games is deceptive.

No one cares how much money they waste on marketing. That's on them. It's also not our duty to foot the bill for their grossly inflated development costs and sales quotas. Certain publishers are taking advantage of their own brand names while also devaluing those franchises.
I don't want to sound like I am defending the practice, I am not. I do want to point out that the cost of manufacturing games throughout the the entire process is rising and to believe that we would keep getting the same amount of content for the same price is naive.

why would they change management every 4 months?

I don't want to sound like I am defending the practice, I am not. I do want to point out that the cost of manufacturing games throughout the the entire process is rising and to believe that we would keep getting the same amount of content for the same price is naive.
much better said, than before.

I would refer to it as being realistic, but hey, i'm sure being willfully ignorant seems to be working for you so far, why stop now.
The reality is a lot of publishers are able to spend less on marketing because Twitch and YouTube 'personalities' do it for them. And guess who funds them? The consumers. I'd also dispute the costs of producing a game are rising, especially with well established brands where the pressure to deliver isn't as high because the names carries sales in and of itself. If a development studio gets too pricey for a publisher, they'll ditch them.

The cost of manufacturing games throughout the entire process is going up for some.

Not everything is being created from scratch, nor are ALL projects requiring the design of completely new tools or engines.

Not everything is going to be pushing the envelope, requiring risky gambles that require a huge team on an untested franchise or genre.

When balanced against the fact that hardware generations are extending significantly and that a title gets a much longer effective shelf-life, I find the argument that "Costs are higher so content obviously must be reduced or made into DLC" just a bit disingenuous.

My overall point was that it marks a troubling trend in the industry. DLC used to be the way publishers charged $100+ for their games. Now they're going one step beyond and slicing their games up into expansion sized chunks and calling them full games or, at least, charging full game prices for it (see, e.g., Blizzard with SC2). Instead of paying $100+ for a game some people will pay $200+ in the form of Mankind Divided + it's season pass of shitty cheats and fluff + Orange Soda Divided (released in 2018 or so) + Orange Soda's shitty season pass.

Of course, there's always sales and the 'grey market' but it's unfortunate that the most appealing of AAA games (and those are getting more and more rare these days) are the ones targeted for such shady practices.
Man i can't wait for orange soda divided, should be great

The cost of manufacturing games throughout the entire process is going up for some.

Not everything is being created from scratch, nor are ALL projects requiring the design of completely new tools or engines.

Not everything is going to be pushing the envelope, requiring risky gambles that require a huge team on an untested franchise or genre.

When balanced against the fact that hardware generations are extending significantly and that a title gets a much longer effective shelf-life, I find the argument that "Costs are higher so content obviously must be reduced or made into DLC" just a bit disingenuous.
I also question the definition of the term "content." I don't think games should necessarily be judged how many hours they are. If something is fun, it's fun, but at the same time, I don't care as much about cutting edge graphics and a lot of the stuff modern gaming budgets tend to get spent on (like Kevin Spacey in COD).

A game like GTA V or other similar open world games that you can sink 100s of hours into if you wanted? I could see pubs justifying a higher price for these types of games. Most AAA games with 10-12 hour campaigns and shitty MP? Where exactly is my extra money going?

I also question the definition of the term "content." I don't think games should necessarily be judged how many hours they are. If something is fun, it's fun, but at the same time, I don't care as much about cutting edge graphics and a lot of the stuff modern gaming budgets tend to get spent on (like Kevin Spacey in COD).

A game like GTA V or other similar open world games that you can sink 100s of hours into if you wanted? I could see pubs justifying a higher price for these types of games. Most AAA games with 10-12 hour campaigns and shitty MP? Where exactly is my extra money going?
it's the overall experience. The number of hours is NOT THE ONLY parameter to judge a game but it's one of the parameters. Who would pay $60 premium price for a 2-3 hours game whereas there are other choices offering BOTH QUANTITY AND QUALITY?

Surprisingly, this is still up. So I decided to take a chance and order one.

Hopefully they at least send me a croissant after they cancel my order.
I looked at the bank book, shrugged and gave it a shot. At least I think that's what I ordered. The website was all in Orlesian and shit.

For the ASFUI that was linked yesterday, I get ASF binary not found: ASF binary setting not configured when I try to open it. There isn't a binary file for ASF itself in the config folder, just for my main and my alt account. The ASF.JSON file is where I set everything up, but it doesn't do anything when loaded as the binary setting, nor does my main.bin file. 

Or wait...

YGBFKM, it just wanted the exe. So if anyone's having the same issue, just find ASF.exe. Or probably drop it in the same directory and it does it automatically.

I looked at that. Probably as cheap as the steam keys will ever be but still $3/game for older racing games. Kinda tempted to get it for Burnout Paradise and NFS Undercover. 

I looked at that. Probably as cheap as the steam keys will ever be but still $3/game for older racing games. Kinda tempted to get it for Burnout Paradise and NFS Undercover.
Burnout Paradise is very good, NFS Undercover is very bad (it's boring and would not save my key bindings.)

bread's done
Back