Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
In some circles, removed games are worn like badges of honor. For example, instead of making fun of me for wasting money on a mess of a game that was never remotely in playable form, people look at my copy of The Dead Linger with awe and envy because it was removed from Steam when they devs decided to abandon it and shaft us.

I figure in like 5 years, when I'm the next Pewdiepie, I'll be posting The Dead Linger playthrough vids and people will be going crazy for the rare gameplay footage.
GEARCRACK Arena.

Last edited by a moderator:
How can they be so fucking dumb. "Oh they need 4000 keys but I was only able to get 500, what's the problem?"
IMO it was partially the dev's fault for going with a publisher after getting greenlit. The publisher probably doesn't want to instantly devalue the game after it released on steam, but obviously the contract the dev made with Groupees needs to be honored.

Giving the same amount of keys as the amount of people that downloaded the game is batshit crazy though. I almost never download games from Groupees unless it's a game that isn't on greenlight that I want to backup in case Groupees' server gets wiped again.

rcsample, by any chance did you own Big Johnson shirts in the 90s?

yELj3Zz.jpg
Kc1QUZt.jpg

Wh6u56j.jpg
K4OwBeI.jpg
I'll take a page from the Star Ruler 2 Dev Handbook and say: "I cannot speak on the specific situation".

....aaand that is the game that I was talking about (coincidence, huh?). I really wanted an in depth singleplayer focused (NPC survivors, quests/tasks perhaps, etc.) survival crafting (preferably also RPG, but beggars can't be choosers) game set in a zombie apocalypse (and I still do), but from what I've seen (and bought), unless I sit down and make one, nobody will. And I'm just a single novice coder so that's sure as hell not happening any time soon.
I chalked TDL to a learning experience. It came at that time we were still trying to figure out Early Access and hadn't yet realized Greenlight and Steam in general were full of complete and utter shit games not even worth a bundle purchase. I mean, I got my fill wandering around that shitty game every now and then and will likely return every so often. It's one of a long list of similar unfinished messes that get sold on Steam. I keep buying them, albeit a little more cautiously. I too would like to find the perfect zombie, open-world survival game, but I've come to realize it would likely take a big budget studio and have to be like $60 or more. 7 Days to Die is pretty good though and renews my faith in the EA system.

GEARCRACK Arena.
Had to look that one up. The thread was funny to read.

IMO it was partially the dev's fault for going with a publisher after getting greenlit. The publisher probably doesn't want to instantly devalue the game after it released on steam, but obviously the contract the dev made with Groupees needs to be honored.

Giving the same amount of keys as the amount of people that downloaded the game is batshit crazy though. I almost never download games from Groupees unless it's a game that isn't on greenlight that I want to backup in case Groupees' server gets wiped again.
I'm guessing the publisher is only counting the itch,io buyers and downloaders and doesn't want to include the Groupees guys.

I suspect Degica is going to become one of those publishers that give indie devs a hard time.

I chalked TDL to a learning experience. It came at that time we were still trying to figure out Early Access and hadn't yet realized Greenlight and Steam in general were full of complete and utter shit games not even worth a bundle purchase. I mean, I got my fill wandering around that shitty game every now and then and will likely return every so often. It's one of a long list of similar unfinished messes that get sold on Steam. I keep buying them, albeit a little more cautiously. I too would like to find the perfect zombie, open-world survival game, but I've come to realize it would likely take a big budget studio and have to be like $60 or more. 7 Days to Die is pretty good though and renews my faith in the EA system.
I really had hope they would do something at least remotely decent, even after the transition to Unreal 4 and the subseqent scrapping of the procedural generation (a massive disappointment for me, considering it was one of the major features that made me so stupidly purchase the game in the first place). I managed to waste a little over 10 hours in that skeleton (if it was missing it's skull and half of it's ribs) of a game and even though around 3 of those were probably spent tweaking settings for the game to run above 10 FPS or restarting the game due to unexpected glitches, the remaining 7+ hours really felt as if the so desired post-apocalyptic (nearly) endless zombie filled singleplayer world could actually come to fruition. Hell, I even managed to immerse myself into the little content the game had and had fun for a while.

I scavanged farms, barricaded up houses, planned my daily trips, worried about food and nearby hordes. And then they cancelled it, calling it an indefinite delay. I wasn't very surprised, to be honest, just kind of angry, both at myself and the developers. I was a massive fan of hardcore survival elements before the genre came into the mainstream and the "open world survival crafting" game became the grindy MMO like experience that thousands of people seem to adore.

When I started playing Skyrim (which was around a month after it's release; quite painful for a fan of the franchise when you can only buy the game retail and the first available copies show up so late), I instantly downloaded a basic needs mod (which strangely isn't broken even though the developer abandoned it before the majority of both minor and major patches and before all DLC, leading me to "patch" the mod to include the DLC's food) as well as a hypothermia and long lasting injury mods down the line. Same deal (just the basic needs though) for when I installed my first mods for Oblivion after having played vanilla a while back, Fallout 3, which I quit the first time cause I couldn't bear the vanilla gun mechanics and combat in general, and NV, which I modded before even booting it up for the first time. Eating, sleeping and drinking brought so much immersion to every singleplayer story-driven world - the bars and inns, the rivers and forests all had a new life-like purpose that contributed to the illusion of it all being real.

All that, as well as my undying (excuse the unintended pun) love for zombies and post-apocalyptic fiction in general, boiled down to that one perfect (or at least "flawed gem" level) game that TDL could've been. I saw how much was done but I didn't fully realise how long it took do so and how much was still left to be done. I'm quite a sarcastic skeptic with a generally pessimistic (perhaps leaning towards realistic) mindset but despite all that (including the numerous challenges the developers faced) I actually believed this could be that dream game. Well, all I can say is that nowadays (even though my pessimism is around the same levels as before) I'm even more sceptical of anything I encounter.

Let's hope "We Happy Few" goes at least some way to remedy that - no zombies, but I'll sure as hell take the singplayer focused survival (once/if it actually comes out that is).

75 Off'ers, you seem like a great person but please pick a new username (MrDangus!) and avatar. Every time I enter the thread I feel like I just stepped into an elevator right after someone farted. Stinky!

75 Off'ers mmedia, you seem like a great person but please pick a new username (MrDangus!) and avatar. Every time I enter the thread I feel like I just stepped into an elevator right after someone farted. Stinky!
Bada bing, bada boom, your wish was granted. Hope you like memes and this username cause one of them isn't going to change for the next 365 days, whether I want to or not.

The King of Fighters XIV.

Come on, SNK.
I heard something about fighting games so I just came here to post.

What game sets #1 on your Steam wishlist?

Mine has been the same since I added it on March 31: Children of the Zodiarcs.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/436290

Final Fantasy Tactics is my favorite game of all time and this seems as close as I have seen.
Added to my wishlist, I love FF: Tactics
Advance, Marche did nothing wrong

What game sets #1 on your Steam wishlist?
My wishlist is just a mishmash of random garbage but if I had to put one game on top of the heap it would probably be Enter the Gungeon. I finally cured myself of my Binding of Isaac addiction and nothing else has yet to take its place, but maybe getting hooked on Gungeon will finally encourage my wife to look for something better.

I know this is a really stupid thing to complain about, but...

7rLMx9T.png
zohT5ns.gif

LOL some games are painfully slow with card drops.

The fact that Disgaea 2 is coming to Steam gives me hope, I want the newer games to show up like D2 and Disgaea 5.  MOAR JAPANESE GAMES ON STEAM.  MOAR MOAR MOAR.  

I wish Konami had not turned to shite.  I'd literally blow up a bus full of sweet puppies and orphans for a proper new Gradius or Castlevania game.

The new game Astro Boy: Edge of Time that's been teased over the last few days turns out to be a shit card game.

Why not just tease a pachinko machine, you bastards!

KgTKRPv.gif

*stolen shamelessly from Gaf response post

Sleeping Dogs devs are making a new riot/looting simulator appropriately titled Smash + Grab that looks like future bro/bundle fodder.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLJEzvWRtbc

Just had my first CTD in Mankind Divided. It happened during the
Prague bombing.
Seems as if others have been running into the same problem.

Alright, running the game in "exclusive fullscreen" seemed to fix it for me.

Hmm...just noticed the Microsoft Xbox One Controller + Cable for Windows is $37.99. I'm guessing this is the old XBONE controller without the recent improvements?
No 3.5mm jack but I guess you wouldn't need that for PC.

edit: oh yeah these older models have older firmware on them, so you'll have to update them first to get them to work properly on pc. But it should work fine after that.

The fact that Disgaea 2 is coming to Steam gives me hope, I want the newer games to show up like D2 and Disgaea 5. MOAR JAPANESE GAMES ON STEAM. MOAR MOAR MOAR.

I wish Konami had not turned to shite. I'd literally blow up a bus full of sweet puppies and orphans for a proper new Gradius or Castlevania game.
I could go for ALL of the old Gradius and Castlevanias to hit Steam, as well.

Oh, and a Complete MGS HD Collection, too.

Sleeping Dogs devs are making a new riot/looting simulator appropriately titled Smash + Grab that looks like future bro/bundle fodder.
I've never been in a looting riot before: Is dressing like a rejected cast member from The Warriors a requirement or is it something you do to go the extra mile?

bread's done
Back