Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I do believe that's a request for me to post this again:
5263138133.png

Oh, I still have all the same cable channels and my bill is 30 bucks less than TWC had been.
But you have to live in Kansas City.

Lot of reviews are out for the new Derpus Ex and I'm reading some troubling stuff (over and above the fact it uses Denuvo). Overall most of them are finding it inferior to HR and that it feels 'incomplete.' Almost as if the developers had made a bigger game but Squeenix stepped in and required them to cut it in half for the purposes of a quick sequel or higher priced 'expansion' (that wouldn't be included in a season pass). Wouldn't surprise me too much as Squeenix has been cash milking their premiere franchises lately. Episodic Hitman being a prime example.
FF7 Remake is being chopped-up in an episodic format, as well.

Yeah, it seems like most complaints w/ DE: MD seems to be directed at the story & narrative being lacking, forgettable & "incomplete."

GiantBomb and especially Polygon really seemed to touch upon this "incompleteness" majorly - where storyline threads don't seem to get wrapped-up, just get flat-out dropped entirely, or introduce new questions without any answers.

From Polygon's review:

If Mankind Divided has any major problems, it’s a difficulty in cashing the checks that its setting and narrative write.

There’s every indication that Mankind Divided will explore a global conspiracy, that it will seek to unravel both the mysterious Illuminati’s plans for the Augmented, and what happened to Jensen in the two years after the events of Human Revolution. Instead, Eidos Montreal is largely content to play in Prague, with minor detours to very limited spaces elsewhere that compose a small fraction of the game.

It’s strange, having played Human Revolution and now Mankind Divided, and being struck with a sense that the former was somehow more grandiose than the latter. The levels in Human Revolution were almost certainly smaller, allowed for somewhat less experimentation and were more segmented. But the game went places, both story-wise and geographically, and Mankind Divided feels like a yo-yo on a considerably shorter string.

But the most frustrating thing about Mankind Divided is how abruptly it’s all over.

I try not to exaggerate in reviews, so believe me when I describe my reaction to Mankind Divided’s conclusion as "stunned." There’s a host of story threads presented that are explored over the game’s 30 hours and dropped without comment or resolution after a fairly anticlimactic boss battle. Very little of the conspiracy Jensen is investigating is revealed, and by the end, there are few answers and a pile of new questions. There’s only a faint whiff of resolution, and the prospect of waiting another five years to see how Eidos Montreal’s mechanical augmentations ultimately give way to the nanotech dystopia of the original Deus Ex left me feeling pretty deflated.

EDIT:

Forbes seems to love the game itself...other than the lack of conclusion and all of its narrative problems, shortcomings, incompleteness, and the lack of length compared to other DE games (he finished it in around 10-12 hours).

10-12 hours? What is this - Deus Ex: Invisilble War type of length?

Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/389498/Mad-Catz-STRIKE-TE-Mechanical-Gaming/?cm_mmc=Affiliates-_-CJ-_-1122587-_-11263938

Office Depot has Mad Catz S.T.R.I.K.E. TE mechanical keyboard for $18.15 + tax and shipping. In and out of stock all morning. Possible price mistake? 

Obviously not the greatest keyboard in the world but if the order goes through, it's hard to argue with the price. Switches are Kailh Brown, not Cherry, which may be a dealbreaker for some people, but again, that price.

I'm in for one, let's see how it goes.

EDIT: Price is back to $124.99 :(

http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/389498/Mad-Catz-STRIKE-TE-Mechanical-Gaming/?cm_mmc=Affiliates-_-CJ-_-1122587-_-11263938

Office Depot has Mad Catz S.T.R.I.K.E. TE mechanical keyboard for $18.15 + tax and shipping. In and out of stock all morning. Possible price mistake?

Obviously not the greatest keyboard in the world but if the order goes through, it's hard to argue with the price. Switches are Kailh Brown, not Cherry, which may be a dealbreaker for some people, but again, that price.

Wrist rest and space bar are fugly, but that's a solid looking keyboard for the price

FF7 Remake is being chopped-up in an episodic format, as well.

Yeah, it seems like most complaints w/ DE: MD seems to be directed at the story & narrative being lacking, forgettable & "incomplete."

GiantBomb and especially Polygon really seemed to touch upon this "incompleteness" majorly - where storyline threads don't seem to get wrapped-up, just get flat-out dropped entirely, or introduce new questions without any answers.

From Polygon's review:

EDIT:

Forbes seems to love the game itself...other than the lack of conclusion and all of its narrative problems, shortcomings, incompleteness, and the lack of length compared to other DE games (he finished it in around 10-12 hours).

10-12 hours? What is this - Deus Ex: Invisilble War type of length?

I was also skeptical when I heard the new Hitman was going episodic considering my experience with past Hitman game. But the new Hitman is really good and the episodic format has not only been a suprising good for the game, but great marketing as websites create a new Quick Look/Let's Play video for each new content.

So I'll wait (for years) before I'll judge the new FF7

I'm a bit relieved at the reports of Deus Ex only taking 10-12 hours to beat. Life is short and I only have so much time to finish a few games before Sid Meier's Backlog Generator 6 comes out in October.

On a related note, I just received my Deus Ex key from CDKeys and the method in which it was delivered left the impression that this key was not obtained through legitimate means.

Office Depot has Mad Catz S.T.R.I.K.E. TE mechanical keyboard for $18.15 + tax and shipping. In and out of stock all morning. Possible price mistake?

EDIT: Price is back to $124.99 :(
Yeah, saw this and ordered one because it matches my rat mouse. Expect a cancellation, but if it goes through Bah can finally stop complaining about my keyboard when we play. He'll only have to worry about hearing his mom moan in the background.

I'm a bit relieved at the reports of Deus Ex only taking 10-12 hours to beat. Life is short and I only have so much time to finish a few games before Sid Meier's Backlog Generator 6 comes out in October.

On a related note, I just received my Deus Ex key from CDKeys and the method in which it was delivered left the impression that this key was not obtained through legitimate means.
I've been hearing 20-30. Guess it depends on how many of the side quests you do, which I've seen comparisons to TW3 in regards to, as well as your play style. Got mine from GMG when pre-loads started. Downloaded and ready to go on Tuesday.

y no wen you were able to scam steam for unlimited number of GFWL keys, which activated on steam due to GFWL removal?

ps.. I wonder where keys are from.

I can get 16 TBs of refurbished Hitachis for the same price.
Yeah, true - but will a Hitachi mechanical 7200rpm even come remotely close to out-performing a SSD? I'd highly doubt that.

SSD's are mostly about performance for namely killing any sort of boot times & load times, not always about having tons of space.

Look at CrystalDiskMark and run the app on your mechanical drives - you'll see mechanical HDD's can't even touch what SSD's can do w/ the numbers people are getting online w/ even not-so-spectacular SSD's (nevermind the damn good SSD's); especially in the 4K department.

And (obviously) if you're buying a good deal of SSD-space, you're going to have to pay through the nose for it b/c you're getting both performance + space.

I'm fine for the most part right now w/ my 7200rpm's on my mechanical WD Black, Hitachi refurb, and Toshiba HDD for most of my games - but even I'm looking into getting a SSD (at some point) w/ at least just enough space to handle a big game or two that I'm currently playing; namely to cut some of these damn pesky load times down.

My Escape from the Dead Island delivery mail came empty. Guess I should have bought Kinguin buyer protection.

Yeah, true - but will a Hitachi mechanical 7200rpm even come remotely close to out-performing a SSD? I'd highly doubt that.

SSD's are mostly about performance for namely killing any sort of boot times & load times, not always about having tons of space.

Look at CrystalDiskMark and run the app on your mechanical drives - you'll see mechanical HDD's can't even touch what SSD's can do w/ the numbers people are getting online w/ even not-so-spectacular SSD's (nevermind the damn good SSD's); especially in the 4K department.

And (obviously) if you're buying a good deal of SSD-space, you're going to have to pay through the nose for it b/c you're getting both performance + space.

I'm fine for the most part right now w/ my 7200rpm's on my mechanical WD Black, Hitachi refurb, and Toshiba HDD for most of my games - but even I'm looking into getting a SSD (at some point) w/ at least just enough space to handle a big game or two that I'm currently playing; namely to cut some of these damn pesky load times down.
Do SSDs process jokes quicker so less fly over your head?

Doodle God: VP0GT-QHYBM-PIZ9B

Super Toy Cars: 53ZMA-V25T5-R2ZPJ

SanctuaryRPG Black Edition: WJ2WV-QAKQ8-3XGNN

Mind Snares Alice's Journey: 8FTV2-3RT6M-FTPVD

It's promotion card they handed out at gamescom, I think. And all of them have the same code, so someone posted it to the internet and fun began...

I'm glad I got Dead Rising 2: OTR when I had the chance, as I had most of the other cheap bundled titles they were selling and some were quite overpriced too. This won't beat the people who got Dead Rising 3 for free, though. 

Managed to grab:
Holy Potatoes! A Weapon Shop?!
Super Time Force Ultra

Freedom Force vs. the 3rd Reich
Freedom Force
Painkiller Hell and Damnation 
Escape from Dead Island 
Lightfish 
Please Don't Touch Anything

also got an invalid key for Wargame European Escalation and Octodad on hold.
Nice promotion.

Managed to grab:
Super Time Force Ultra

Freedom Force
Escape from Dead Island
Lightfish

Nice promotion.
The Humble stuff is riskier, people have been doing chargebacks on them recently, so be careful with those. There's a lot of shady "community" sellers on Kinguin that I wouldn't trust, even with free shit.

The Humble stuff is riskier, people have been doing chargebacks on them recently, so be careful with those. There's a lot of shady "community" sellers on Kinguin that I wouldn't trust, even with free shit.
I've already been striked by a revoke from stupid gleam givaway, so whatever.

Free shit is free.

Managed to grab:
Super Time Force Ultra

Freedom Force
Escape from Dead Island
Lightfish

Nice promotion.
wow you truely went all in hehe.

bread's done
Back