Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I want to try Payday 2... but there are too many DLC and no "GOTY Upgrade"... and no way I'm going to pay $20 right now. I only tried it during a free weekend some time ago and didn't find it too different from the first one. I even found payday 1 to have more variety... but wanted to try it again, maybe it got some updates that make it better... ?

I thought GOG was run by the European Union. No emperor just a parliament that argues a lot and keeps trying and failing to bail out Greece.

I want to try Payday 2... but there are too many DLC and no "GOTY Upgrade"... and no way I'm going to pay $20 right now. I only tried it during a free weekend some time ago and didn't find it too different from the first one. I even found payday 1 to have more variety... but wanted to try it again, maybe it got some updates that make it better... ?
Payday 1 is better.

Who's the emperor of GOG? I wouldn't even know who to praise.
header.jpg

Hah... that Jade Empire daily.. the gnashing and whining was loud that day.

Hey.. anyone know... if you get a Rocksmith key on Steam... are they all considered 2015 now?

Hah... that Jade Empire daily.. the gnashing and whining was loud that day.

Hey.. anyone know... if you get a Rocksmith key on Steam... are they all considered 2015 now?
I assume you mean 2014? If so, then no, Rocksmith the original and 2014 are separate entities. In fact, you have to pay ten bucks for the song conversion "DLC" to import the songs from the original to the latest entry. I'm planning on doing it myself the next time there's a sale; you get some added functionality on the old songs making them compatible with all the new features of 2014.

I assume you mean 2014? If so, then no, Rocksmith the original and 2014 are separate entities. In fact, you have to pay ten bucks for the song conversion "DLC" to import the songs from the original to the latest entry. I'm planning on doing it myself the next time there's a sale; you get some added functionality on the old songs making them compatible with all the new features of 2014.
Yea, that.

I got a guitar today since I had 31K tickets in arcade tickets to spend... so... now I need a Rocksmith sale. I solved the cable/base game pretty easily with a giftcard I had lying around. Now... for DLC...

I didn't see any posts on this yet, sooo.....

Star Citizen Arena Commander is FREE TO TRY TILL MARCH 15
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/promotions/paxeast-2015
Make an account or login to existing one.

Apply this code:
PAXEASTFREEFLY2K15

It is plainly stated: download and install the game, walk around the Hangar Module and sit in an Anvil Hornet F7C trainer ship that you can then take into flight in Arena Commander.

Yea, that.

I got a guitar today since I had 31K tickets in arcade tickets to spend... so... now I need a Rocksmith sale. I solved the cable/base game pretty easily with a giftcard I had lying around. Now... for DLC...
Someone gave me an old electric guitar.... staving off my long desire to grab a Squire Vintage Modified.

...so now I NEED A Rocksmith cable.

My life wasted on PC gaming when I could have been playing skee-ball...
I was just playing skee-ball last weekend. ...it's still as good as it was when I was 10.

20% off the best fans ever made: Noctua

Its not on all the fans but its on most of their redux line, which have gotten pretty good reviews and still have a 6 year warranty.

Code: EMCANNT29

egg

I'm grabbing a trio of 80mm for my "too noisy for comfort" HTPC fans.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stupid Question: Is Plati.ru a legit place to get ROW Steam Gifts....?

I just bought & added to my library "Assassin's Creed: Rogue" from a guy who calls himself a wholesaler, and apparently his contacts are from that site.  He has sold several Rogue ROW gifts, wheelin' and dealin' on SteamTrades.

I mean, I like the price ($30.00) and I wanted the Steam version...and the game is downloading for Pre-Load as we speak....but I'm just wondering if I should expect a problem down the road.  In a transaction totally unrelated to this, from a source unknown, I once bought a Steam key code (not a Gift) which was retracted by Steam a month later.  (Hey, I was just learning the ropes then - but I should've known better.)

Any opinions would be appreciated...  Thanks.

("You're an idiot!  Why would you buy anything from there!" ...or... "eh, if it was a row gift, and you've redeemed it, you should be fine")

I just bought & added to my library "Assassin's Creed: Rogue" from a guy who calls himself a wholesaler, and apparently his contacts are from that site. He has sold several Rogue ROW gifts, wheelin' and dealin' on SteamTrades.

I mean, I like the price ($30.00) and I wanted the Steam version...and the game is downloading for Pre-Load as we speak....but I'm just wondering if I should expect a problem down the road. In a transaction totally unrelated to this, from a source unknown, I once bought a Steam key code (not a Gift) which was retracted by Steam a month later. (Hey, I was just learning the ropes then - but I should've known better.)

Any opinions would be appreciated... Thanks.

("You're an idiot! Why would you buy anything from there!" ...or... "eh, if it was a row gift, and you've redeemed it, you should be fine")
Probably not the smartest thing buying from there...but as long as it wasn't purchased with a stolen CC or anything it probably wont get removed from your account. thats really the only chance you're taking

re: buying keys from a Shady Russian guy selling from his digital overcoat.

I don't even think there is anyone selling legit Steam keys for Ubi games (besides the few odd ones that are Steamworks) since Tony left Amazon PCDD. Shady site is shady and it's a bit of a risk, moreso than the now (mostly) dead Russian trading via Steam but it probably won't get revoked. If the risk bugs you for $30 then just wait for a sale on Steam like the rest of us.

as long as it wasn't purchased with a stolen CC or anything it probably wont get removed from your account. thats really the only chance you're taking
So essentially what you're saying is...because it was a tradable Gift (not a Key stolen or generated from who-knows-where) and because I have already redeemed it (no region-lock worries)...the only issue that could come up is if the ROW Gift was purchased illegally to start with.

Makes sense. Thanks for the reply.

Just looking at that site, they don't sell a ROW Ass Creed Rogue...they are all RU/CIS tagged....and all the Steam versions are more than 30 dollars....soooo im not sure what hes doing

I just bought & added to my library "Assassin's Creed: Rogue" from a guy who calls himself a wholesaler, and apparently his contacts are from that site. He has sold several Rogue ROW gifts, wheelin' and dealin' on SteamTrades.

I mean, I like the price ($30.00) and I wanted the Steam version...and the game is downloading for Pre-Load as we speak....but I'm just wondering if I should expect a problem down the road. In a transaction totally unrelated to this, from a source unknown, I once bought a Steam key code (not a Gift) which was retracted by Steam a month later. (Hey, I was just learning the ropes then - but I should've known better.)

Any opinions would be appreciated... Thanks.
("You're an idiot! Why would you buy anything from there!" ...or... "eh, if it was a row gift, and you've redeemed it, you should be fine")
That sounds really shady to me. Like Drabe said, the guy could've either used a stolen CC to buy it, or plans to do a charge back. The only way I see this working out ok is if it was a ROW copy obtained from a region that had it cheap, but I don't see how that'd be possible. No way would I risk that.

I assume this is the guy you're talking about? Only has 5 feedback. Way too shady.

Don't let ANYONE dissuade you Bizzquik!

You buy those keys! Buy the fuck out of them and sleep well at night knowing you helped feed some poor Russian key seller's family, so he didn't have to eat them during the cold, cold winter.

That sounds really shady to me. Like Drabe said, the guy could've either used a stolen CC to buy it, or plans to do a charge back. The only way I see this working out ok is if it was a ROW copy obtained from a region that had it cheap, but I don't see how that'd be possible. No way would I risk that.

I assume this is the guy you're talking about? Only has 5 feedback. Way too shady.
Yeah, that's him and that's my feedback.

I actually first looked at his stuff on Friday, decided against buying, saw that several of his copies had been sold, saw a positive post on SteamTrades, and bit the bullet today. I spent like ten minutes asking him questions.

"Why are your prices like $10 less than anyone else?"

"I'm a wholesaler. I buy in bunches. Wanna buy Dying Light for $30?"

"Can you buy the Steam' Rogue Deluxe Edition?"

"No, its region-locked. I can only get the RU version."

That whole "Stolen credit card" notion has me bugged; that seems totally possible. And I'd rather get cheated myself than help someone else profit from stealing from others. Hmmm....

Man the more I look into it, the more that shit looks about as legit as Putin claiming to be outraged about Boris Nemtsov's death.

Man the more I look into it, the more that shit looks about as legit as Putin claiming to be outraged about Boris Nemtsov's death.
I think you're right.

I should probably have either paid $3 more and purchased the Uplay version from nuuvem, or just paid $12 more (in TF2 Key costs) and got it from all the other people selling the ROW Steam version for 24 TF2 keys.

I know the obvious answer is to just wait four months, but I have wanted to play AC: Rogue ever since reading this Kotaku review; the game sounds like everything I hoped a Black Flag follow-up would be...

I think you're right.

I should probably have either paid $3 more and purchased the Uplay version from nuuvem, or just paid $12 more (in TF2 Key costs) and got it from all the other people selling the ROW Steam version for 24 TF2 keys.

I know the obvious answer is to just wait four months, but I have wanted to play AC: Rogue ever since reading this Kotaku review; the game sounds like everything I hoped a Black Flag follow-up would be...
I have been thinking about fakeybroing this at full price with my Steam card money but after seeing AC Unity and playing Far Cry 4 and having to wait for patches and workarounds. I can't preorder anymore Ubisoft games until after reviews or patches.

My life wasted on PC gaming when I could have been playing skee-ball...
Just like on the game I like plinko and coin drops.... I figure since 9/10ths of the iOS ones take cash anyways... I'll just... get actual tickets for stuff. Actually, it works out pretty well as they have decent games for 12K... that's 2 visits worth of games.

I sooo want my stupid key for that idiot kids drive in circles car game so I can drop from that train wreck of a group. These +1's are becoming way too much work and stress to endure simply to stay ahead of Drabe (especially now that's he's whored himself out as a "reviewer").
Bruticus, you can leave the group and I'll still send your key.

It's time like these that I regret helping people out. "Help em out Curl, its a gud game" :p

Just to clarify, I only offered to help with the distribution of keys and did not help promote it in any way.

The worst part about these free keys to help greenlight games can be the developers that come with it. The following examples below do not apply to Luke, in fact he's a nice guy but obviously has a lot to learn and isn't doing himself (or me for those who think WGN is closely associated) any favours right now.

I have had developers who got greenlit because of me saying to Valve that I'm the problem with greenlight or going on other websites starting witch hunts stating that "a friend told them" I was blackmailing devs. That same developer then later asked me to help raise money to help fund their project. I've also had developers "change their mind" after promising a free game for everyone and I've agreed to do additional work for them because I don't want to share the bad PR.

I know only a few people may care but it's just something I wanted to write for a while. Hopefully it gives you some understanding as to why I stopped bailing out and helping a lot of these developers.

Voting on greenlight used to be about finding a few good games, not the best drama story ;)

Bruticus, you can leave the group and I'll still send your key.

It's time like these that I regret helping people out. "Help em out Curl, its a gud game" :p

Just to clarify, I only offered to help with the distribution of keys and did not help promote it in any way.

The worst part about these free keys to help greenlight games can be the developers that come with it. The following examples below do not apply to Luke, in fact he's a nice guy but obviously has a lot to learn and isn't doing himself (or me for those who think WGN is closely associated) any favours right now.

I have had developers who got greenlit because of me saying to Valve that I'm the problem with greenlight or going on other websites starting witch hunts stating that "a friend told them" I was blackmailing devs. That same developer then later asked me to help raise money to help fund their project. I've also had developers "change their mind" after promising a free game for everyone and I've agreed to do additional work for them because I don't want to share the bad PR.

I know only a few people may care but it's just something I wanted to write for a while. Hopefully it gives you some understanding as to why I stopped bailing out and helping a lot of these developers.

Voting on greenlight used to be about finding a few good games, not the best drama story ;)
Wow. I missed this promotion but I'm not even mad. It seems to be a bit of a mess.

Devs are actually giving you grief? That is absolute BS on their part. You are doing them a favor and they are dragging you through the mud. My sympathies Carl. You deserve all the praise you get. You are seriously an awesome guy.

Carl, please note that many people appreciate your efforts, including your charity work.  I am sadden to hear that some developers have acted out.  Unfortunately, the growing competition and number of people trying to create games that do not seem to have actual business experience seems to be driving some of the bad behavior.  Recently, some have renamed the games i.e. xyz "deluxe" in order to skip out on key distribution, giving up on games with the game is riddle with bugs and not truly complete, censoring critics on forums, etc...  

Nevertheless, you have continued to be a nice chap who shares the love of gaming.  Thank you

I got a guitar today since I had 31K tickets in arcade tickets to spend... so... now I need a Rocksmith sale.
I always thought that Rocksmith allowed you to use a real guitar. What... kind of guitars are they handing out in arcades these days??? :shock:

Woah, I didn't even know that there was a Defense Grid 2... and now it's 70% off?
Yeah, may as well wait now. I kickstarted it. I'm really glad I did because I got a lot for my money, but more than that -- they handled the entire process like absolute champs. Communication was outstanding, timelines were met... it was a very good experience.

I think I like the first one a little better for some minor reasons, but the new one adds a lot of upgrade options to the towers. It's pretty slick and it's a solid TD game. If you liked the first, then this one probably won't disappoint.

I have been thinking about fakeybroing this at full price with my Steam card money but after seeing AC Unity and playing Far Cry 4 and having to wait for patches and workarounds. I can't preorder buy anymore Ubisoft games until after reviews or patches.
FTFY and every other CAG. Seriously, pre-order? kickstarter? early access? WTF is wrong with you people!

I can't read Orlesian but I'm pretty sure it says the product is currently unavailable.  So I guess whatever you saw was a glitch.

bread's done
Back