Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Is it worth $20? I find a hard time using my pstv that I got for even cheeper. The pro of the pstv is I could take it to my friends house and still play my ps4 can that be done with steam link?
No, you can't take it elsewhere. That said, if you want your PC games on a big TV in your living room the steam link works well for that. I got mine for $20 and was really impressed with it for the money. Obviously it isn't something you want to play FPS or other competitive games on. Anything single player or co-op that you can use a controller for, it works well.

And your score is based on what, exactly? What you watched a streamer play? Also, NieR isn't a PS4 exclusive.
Nier: Automata is as of now a PS4 exclusive. The PC release date is a nebulous 2017 (no, the March 7th release date has already been recanted). It's likely, but I'm still waiting for a more definitive release date (even a month would count for something).

Yes please review a game that you watched lol
There are absolutely some games out there you can get a feel for and review by watching enough of them. Especially if they're the "cinematic" kind of game (which Horizon certainly is). "Walking simulators" are the best examples though.

The game is a generic open world game, a genre I myself have played and watched others play many times so I'm familiar enough with how it plays. It's not like the controls are complete shit or revolutionary, they're competent (the combat in game's got issues, but I consider that separate from control quality), it's not hard to put yourself in the place of the player if you've played these sort of games before.

Now were the controls shit, difficult or precise such as in a fighting game or a MOBA or a competitive shooter, I would agree with your point. But Ubisoft open world games are none of that, as anyone who has played them can attest.

Hey, he watched it for an ambiguous 'number of hours' which is clearly a great use of time and an excellent reason for discrediting a game.
I didn't want to throw numbers out there because I wasn't 100% paying attention to it the whole time, but I had the stream on for about 10 hours in total.

I find that the most credible method of judging whether or not I would like a game is to watch actual gameplay videos of it.
Thank you. Actual gameplay videos (of the final product, not E3 promo footage or even trailers) go a long way to informing a purchasing decision (with exceptions, this is not one of those) for me, and I would imagine a lot of others.

I mean the game could be great or it could be boring or somewhere in between, but you cherry picked the lowest review score from 78 reviews so far. Games are never near as good as the best review or as bad as the worst review in my opinion. It just seems silly to fall for extremes either way. Although we can agree fanboys or elitists on any gaming platform willingly live inside their own sheltered bubbles.
I didn't "cherrypick" anything. The review embargo ended slightly after I watched the stream and I was curious what popular reviewers thought and I was shocked that so many, even Gerstmann were fellating the game to no end. I mean a 5 out of fucking 5 from the guy who's made a career on being tough on popular games? His review even points out a few accurate flaws, but I guess he's just drinking the kool-aid on this one. The USGamer one was one of only THREE that were below 75 on Metacritic at the time, so I took a peek to see why these reviewers felt differently and found myself agreeing with it for the most part.

My dislike of the game has nothing to do with platform preference. The game would not be better if it had a Steam release (aside from visuals and some of the tech issues, I guess) and I recommended another PS4 exclusive in the same breath. But if you don't think the majority of people shitting all over that USGamer reviewer in the comments are butthurt Sony fanboys, I don't know what to tell you.

Sweet, it's been a while since I got to see everyone hate on a Bobby post!
No kidding. I guess my superhero power is unpopular opinions. :bouncy:

Last edited by a moderator:
No, it's in-home streaming only.

As to whether it's worth $20, the answer is yes if you will use it. Honestly, I haven't used mine much in the 3 months I've had it, mostly because my wife has a surprisingly low tolerance for watching me play games on our TV in the living room.
Have you used a One S or PS4 controller with it, and is it simple process to pair?

I have a nVidia Shield, think I might get one for the easier use of controllers(valve supposedly did updates so they are completely compatible with One S and PS4 controllers), it will at least make the process of starting some games up easier on my wife(been buying kid and controller friendly PC games for my 4 year olds)

The Shield took me forever to figure out you had to enable multi-controller support every time you use it. You have many signal drops? I have Cat 6 in the wall (specifically for stuff like this) between my PC room and living room, and the Shield still randomly loses signal, don't have ANY other issues with the cabling with other devices, I think it's a gamestream issue.....

from the last official release of link firmware:

Added support for full PS4 and Steam Controller personalization in Big Picture
Allow pairing with the XBox One S controller updated to the latest firmware version, 3.1.1221.0

The beta releases have had further improvements. I havent tried any bt controllers on it tho but I think there is a device limit, and its pretty small like 1-2. Cant find the specific info now though, but at least xboxS pairing has been enabled since august and they try to keep it updated to keep working with the latest firmware versions since MS likes to break everyone else with every update

As far as streaming I had absolutely no issues when running wired. If you plan to use BT controllers I would suggest running wired as well since I think the link may be like a lot of embedded devices where BT/wifi are sharing a radio, and so they can potentially interfere with each other

I didn't "cherrypick" anything. The review embargo ended slightly after I watched the stream and I was curious what popular reviewers thought and I was shocked that so many, even Gerstmann were fellating the game to no end. I mean a 5 out of fucking 5 from the guy who's made a career on being tough on popular games? His review even points out a few accurate flaws, but I guess he's just drinking the kool-aid on this one. The USGamer one was one of only THREE that were below 75 on Metacritic at the time, so I took a peek to see why these reviewers felt differently and found myself agreeing with it for the most part.

My dislike of the game has nothing to do with platform preference. The game would not be better if it had a Steam release (aside from visuals and some of the tech issues, I guess) and I recommended another PS4 exclusive in the same breath. But if you don't think the majority of people shitting all over that USGamer reviewer in the comments are butthurt Sony fanboys, I don't know what to tell you.
No worries. It just seemed odd to specifically point out the lowest review to date so as to backup your premise of why it's a mediocre game, but your explanation helps.

I never insinuated anything about platform preference though. Games are games, different platforms be damned. I'll always prefer PC given the option.

I thought I was agreeing with you re: butthurt fanboys, elitists, and those who live in bubbles. Reading the comment section on any opinion piece or review is modern day defensive behavior at its worst. You don't even have to read that section to know the typical reaction people will have to someone's strong opinion and those who will try to defend or debunk the authors view. I'm really not surprised if that's the case with USGamer's review. It's a shame some people (not you) still have fanboy allegiances, being close-minded just makes people look ignorant or stupid.

No kidding. I guess my superhero power is unpopular opinions. :bouncy:
As alluded to in my response, the problem I had with your previous post was that you were treating things more as facts rather than opinions. You were practically making it out to be a review itself, assigning a score and everything, despite not having any first person experience with the game. I can completely understand simply deciding that the game isn't for you based on footage viewed as well as past experience with the genre. Although, there have been several exceptions to both of those factors for me and I would image the same is true for you. I've liked plenty of games I thought I'd disliked and disliked plenty of games I though I'd like. Therefore, I would be interested in hearing your opinions if/when you actually play the game yourself. I look forward to sharing mine sometime next week.

Since I was dumb enough to click a link when I returned home, anyone knows anything about this? The site lead to a 404 

AqSpyzt.png

Since I was dumb enough to click a link when I returned home, anyone knows anything about this? The site lead to a 404

AqSpyzt.png
Looks like either a phishing link or a malware link.

As long as you didn't type in your password anywhere, or download and run anything, you should be fine.

I'm surprised Clicking and running random files is still so common, but then again, i've seen computers where the entire screen is nothing but toolbars.

Could still be there...should probably take out your HDD/SSD's and toss them in the microwave. Also throw the rest of the computer in a fire...just sayin
I'm already on it boss, I got it slow cooking on the grill for an another good 24 hours slow cooking it.
​Then I'm moving onto washing it down with soap and water before reconnecting everything.

I'm already on it boss, I got it slow cooking on the grill for an another good 24 hours slow cooking it.
​Then I'm moving onto washing it down with soap and water before reconnecting everything.
Make sure you use non-abrasive soap. I heard that will mess up the solder and paths.

Looks like either a phishing link or a malware link.

As long as you didn't type in your password anywhere, or download and run anything, you should be fine.

I'm surprised Clicking and running random files is still so common, but then again, i've seen computers where the entire screen is nothing but toolbars.
Unless you have noscript or something similar installed, all sorts of bad shit could have occurred the moment that webpage loaded. Best course of action is to restore from backup and change passwords. Create a sandbox, goto that site with a browser w/ noscript and watch how many things it blocks. Same for uMatrix or the like, I'd bet it lights up like an xmas tree.

The bros played Rainbow Six Siege.  It was a typical bronight.  I forgot to download the update in time even though Bah sent me several precautionary messages.  The night ended in typical bro fashion...for the other team.  Match point, we were defending, they barged in with only two of us left and...killed the hostage and lost.  It was hilarious and satisfying to end the night with a win after a string of embarrassing losses.  Today we play Deadfall Adventures. It's Uncharted for MysterD.  

Also, Weiler was MVP for the final game and I was in second place so it was like Upside Down Crazy World.

A round or two before that, Weiler launched a cluster grenade into a room containing only me so, you know, that was a lot more normal for us.

Well, I finished the campaign in For Honor...  My play time via steam says 9.5 hours and I would guess I've played like, at most, an hour of MP so 8 and a half hours on a campaign I was worried about it even be worth it seems solid enough.  And the campaign was solid and while not one of the best stories told in gaming...  It wasn't bad and was really enjoyable. The boss fights, while not always fair (in numbers), was really stress and frustration free...  You did have to apply the skills they teach you.

I think Chapter 2, Vikings, was the best part as it had allot of stuff that broke up just combat.  Anyhow, I would say I got about 3/4 of the breakables in one play though (with no guide) and...  Maybe?  Half of the observations.  I was only close on one level of getting them all so I'll likely be playing the campaign again.

Last note:

Those with Amazon Prime can link their twitch accounts (free since Amazon owns it) with their uplay account and get 10 days of championship status free and a couple of cosmetics. (Champion status is like the same status in Rainbow Six Siege that gives

extra renown.)

Have you used a One S or PS4 controller with it, and is it simple process to pair?

I have a nVidia Shield, think I might get one for the easier use of controllers(valve supposedly did updates so they are completely compatible with One S and PS4 controllers), it will at least make the process of starting some games up easier on my wife(been buying kid and controller friendly PC games for my 4 year olds)

The Shield took me forever to figure out you had to enable multi-controller support every time you use it. You have many signal drops? I have Cat 6 in the wall (specifically for stuff like this) between my PC room and living room, and the Shield still randomly loses signal, don't have ANY other issues with the cabling with other devices, I think it's a gamestream issue.....
I think squatch may have addressed some of your concerns. Personally I've only used it with an XBOX 360 controller for Windows, which works great just plugging into the side, and with DS3 controllers for my PS3. The PS3 controllers are a bit fussy and I think you do have to activate the Bluetooth settings every time, but the only real reason I have for using those is for playing couch co-op and, uh, yeah, there isn't anyone at my house who wants to do that, so . . . yeah.

I think squatch may have addressed some of your concerns. Personally I've only used it with an XBOX 360 controller for Windows, which works great just plugging into the side, and with DS3 controllers for my PS3. The PS3 controllers are a bit fussy and I think you do have to activate the Bluetooth settings every time, but the only real reason I have for using those is for playing couch co-op and, uh, yeah, there isn't anyone at my house who wants to do that, so . . . yeah.
Watched some YouTube vids and they were pretty clear on setting up. Oddly there werent many videos on using different controllers with the Shield, most were vague and Nvidia just says "we only support Nvidia controllers".

On another note, weeks ago I brought up the new AMD processor, they had some event about them and ars says they might be pretty good.

https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2017/02/amd-ryzen-arrives-march-2-8-cores-16-threads-from-just-329/

I'm thinking about picking up prison architect before the sale ends (on humble store) but figured I'd ask here first if anyone has a copy they wanna get rid of. I'm willing to take off hands trade or paypal.
I only have an extra copy of payday 2 and terraria ATM though

Also, Weiler was MVP for the final game and I was in second place so it was like Upside Down Crazy World.

A round or two before that, Weiler launched a cluster grenade into a room containing only me so, you know, that was a lot more normal for us.
What really happened is syntax barged into a room he knew i was placing said grenade and expected some different result. As MVP I am blameless in this. Weiler and Syntax as 1-2 in the only win of the night shows you were the talent lies on the team. I do have a screenshot of the glory but its in ewwweplay, fuck

Actually, I didn't know that you were planning on spraying an otherwise empty room with cluster grenades but, I'll admit, that is something I should have expected from you :D

Also, I won a round by being dead but having the last enemy blunder into my leghold trap as he tried to shoot Fox.  Really, all of my wins relied on the enemy being cognitively challenged.

Not exactly Upside Down Crazy World.

You weren't last.

So a buddy bought me For Honor on plebsole aka PS4. Not gonna lie, I've never raged so hard and so much in my life...though the MP aspect is really really good...wish they had dedicated servers though.

Also. I missed R6 night :(. Sad

Same here, once multiple third parties verify it as a comeback I'll look into it. Just hope they or Nvidia don't play games with compatibility.

Waiting on real-life bench marking and general results but I'd consider it whenever I finally retire my i7-860
I'm waiting on real-life pricing and Intel's response. If they're anywhere near as good as is currently being claimed, I expect demand to drive the prices over RRP, or Intel responding by lowering their prices.

yea I want to see how it actually benches. Im willing to bet in gaming in will be on par or even lower than the intel 4-cores, much like how the intel 6/8 core parts are for gaming when compared to their 4core counterparts due to loss of mhz

Course if you need the cores for other uses then they could be great

So random question: what do people around here do to get coins on Tremor? Most of what I used to do dried up.
Doll vids.

Supersonic Brands tab.

Stupid crap that pays <10 coins.

Once or twice a day unless there is an offer that repeats and is quick. Recently there have been a couple DirecTV "watch a vid and skip" that is quick to do that keep popping up.

I only ever buy 99-199 coin stuff though.

Doll vids.

Supersonic Brands tab.

Stupid crap that pays <10 coins.

Once or twice a day unless there is an offer that repeats and is quick. Recently there have been a couple DirecTV "watch a vid and skip" that is quick to do that keep popping up.

I only ever buy 99-199 coin stuff though.
Yeah, SB is about the only thing that gets me anything and even then, I have to click through multiple pages that never give anything to get to the few that give 5 coins. Seems to be less and less reliable, sadly.

You can always play that game though and it can stop you from purchasing and/or inciting cognitive dissonance.
Well, there's a difference between "There might be something new around the corner that drives the price down" and "These $250 items are selling for $325 due to scarcity two weeks after launch".

Yeah, SB is about the only thing that gets me anything and even then, I have to click through multiple pages that never give anything to get to the few that give 5 coins. Seems to be less and less reliable, sadly.
Did anyone give that Hulu subscribe for 7 days and quit for 12000 Treemor coinz a try? Did it work? Or are you in Yannis dungeon nao?

Did anyone give that Hulu subscribe for 7 days and quit for 12000 Treemor coinz a try? Did it work? Or are you in Yannis dungeon nao?
I did it. It didn't register for me (I suspect because I did it on an existing account instead of doing a new one) but I emailed Trialpay CS and they were really responsive and after I forwarded them my Paypal confirmation they gave me the points. 1000x better than any experience I've ever had dealing with Tremor directly.

I did it. It didn't register for me (I suspect because I did it on an existing account instead of doing a new one) but I emailed Trialpay CS and they were really responsive and after I forwarded them my Paypal confirmation they gave me the points. 1000x better than any experience I've ever had dealing with Tremor directly.
Hmmm...didn't know Hulu would hit me up immediately for 8 dolla....meh

I did but it hasn't been 7 days yet. I haven't actually been billed for Hulu yet which is why I'm assuming I haven't received anything. There is a 7 day free trial period when you sign up

I had done my free trial for Hulu a few months back for Swagbucks so that's probably why it charged me immediately, but paying the $8 is a prerequisite for getting the points.

bread's done
Back