Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
MysterD actually showed up to Bro fist.  Hopefully syntax's 3 hours of bitching didnt turn him off future fistings.  "blah blah historically inaccurate blah blah blah".  Hush and revive me.  Bah had a cheaplikeafox bad level.  Even without playing sniper,  fox found a new way to camp in the middle of nowhere and be useless with the anti tank elite.  Jimbofluffy was the leet killer of men. Parallax was the medic of choice. I had my typical Pattonesque level of guidance as squadleader.

We truely were under the wings of angels tonight.  A mysterd sighting, ycag,  and we won more than one level. Trifecta.

MysterD actually showed up to Bro fist. Hopefully syntax's 3 hours of bitching didnt turn him off future fistings. "blah blah historically inaccurate blah blah blah". Hush and revive me. Bah had a cheaplikeafox bad level. Even without playing sniper, fox found a new way to camp in the middle of nowhere and be useless with the anti tank elite. Jimbofluffy was the leet killer of men. Parallax was the medic of choice. I had my typical Pattonesque level of guidance as squadleader.

We truely were under the wings of angels tonight. A mysterd sighting, ycag, and we won more than one level. Trifecta.
ftfy

Last edited by a moderator:
WHAT? no one streamed this shit and uploaded it for posterity's sake?

MysterD may never show again for a brodate
Despite not getting my mic going, TDM (what I was playing until I was able to get in w/ you guys b/c of either stuck in a Queue or for some reason having connection issues) + especially Conquest kicked major ass.

I needed to claim my Discord account first I guess and I also downloaded the app afterwards. Mic should be good to go for the next Bro Night that I show up to.

Now, I just need to find a cheap-ass full-blown BF1 copy. WalMart needs to get that on clearance like NOW.

EDIT:

MysterD may never show again for a brodate
Oh, I'll be back for another one.

Especially if it's a competitive MP style shooter - i.e. Battlefield series, CoD series (except Infinite Warfare - that MP sucks + completely jumped the shark; likely won't be buying that crap anytime soon), etc etc.

Glad I bought a 1070. All those hoping the X1 in the Switch would be a special or more powerful version, or BOTH would be a lot better. Nintendo oversold the switch version of game

(Basically the same, except 900p over 720p)

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2017-the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-switch-vs-wii-u-face-off

Nintendo has been shamboozling it's customers for years...people will never learn.
To be fair, the article indicates Nintendo clearly stated both version of the game would be almost identical. I don't really consider making a new game available for the last gen that shady, seems more of customer friendly move to me when they could have made it an exclusive to the Switch. And Nintendo's draw has never been graphical power, it's always been a gimmick, in this case the portable tablet.

Despite not getting my mic going, TDM (what I was playing until I was able to get in w/ you guys b/c of either stuck in a Queue or for some reason having connection issues) + especially Conquest kicked major ass.

I needed to claim my Discord account first I guess and I also downloaded the app afterwards. Mic should be good to go for the next Bro Night that I show up to.

Now, I just need to find a cheap-ass full-blown BF1 copy. WalMart needs to get that on clearance like NOW.

EDIT:

Oh, I'll be back for another one.

Especially if it's a competitive MP style shooter - i.e. Battlefield series, CoD series (except Infinite Warfare - that MP sucks + completely jumped the shark; likely won't be buying that crap anytime soon), etc etc.
$30 has been the lowest I've seen. Maybe with the DLC coming out they will drop it more. We've been playing it weekly for over a month now.

To be fair, the article indicates Nintendo clearly stated both version of the game would be almost identical. I don't really consider making a new game available for the last gen that shady, seems more of customer friendly move to me when they could have made it an exclusive to the Switch. And Nintendo's draw has never been graphical power, it's always been a gimmick, in this case the portable tablet.

$30 has been the lowest I've seen. Maybe with the DLC coming out they will drop it more. We've been playing it weekly for over a month now.
Good to know. Gonna have to keep my eyes out for BF1 getting cheaper, especially with DLC coming.

Curious: do you Bro's ever play Vermintide for Bro-Night?

Nintendo has been shamboozling it's customers for years...people will never learn.
54cab0f7c90e8c33f2000012.gif

Bro-nights are ephemeral, like spring snowfalls, a child's silver laugh or the virginity of Weiler's mom. You're either part of the moment or you're stuck reading about it later. Let this be a lesson.

Curious: do you Bro's ever play Vermintide for Bro-Night?
Not on a regular basis but it gets scheduled sometimes and generally gets enough people for two teams. If people are interested in a specific game, the best thing to do is to just schedule it.

Naw, I just mean Nintendo is a shitty ass company that produces crappy products and limited inventories. The Switch is a joke. There is like 1-2 games out for it and there is no announcements for dates for upcoming games.

They try to act like it's more of a handheld than a console...yet it lasts like 2.5hrs as a handheld.

They don't provide a legit controller...instead they would rather charge $70; you want a good way to charge your crappy provded controller stick thingys...oh wait buy that accessory.

And lastly, 2 decades ago graphics.

Naw, I just mean Nintendo is a shitty ass company that produces crappy products and limited inventories. The Switch is a joke. There is like 1-2 games out for it and there is no announcements for dates for upcoming games.

They try to act like it's more of a handheld than a console...yet it lasts like 2.5hrs as a handheld.

They don't provide a legit controller...instead they would rather charge $70

And lastly, 2 decades ago graphics.
Sweet. I'll stick to my desktop PC + gaming laptop! :)

I was talking about graphics. In some of the threads on CAG, people were really expecting it to be noticeably better, 'cus Switch power. N fanboys are really good at fooling themselves.

They don't provide a legit controller...instead they would rather charge $70; you want a good way to charge your crappy provded controller stick thingys...oh wait buy that accessory.
If by crappy products you mean poor quality I have never had an issue with any Nintendo system or controller I have ever bought. Battery life isn't 2.5 hours and will be longer when you are playing less intense games than zelda, and finally a $70 controller is completely retarded. Oh and the little controller things have like a 20 hour charge so I don't see how that could ever be an issue.

That said the best part of my refurb wii u is playing on the gamepad laying on the couch while my wife watches the bachelor or something so I imagine I'll get a switch at one point.

I think I just met my white knight quota for the week.

I think the N64 and GameCube would like a word with you.
I'll give you that, but, the gimmick on the N64 was 3D more than graphical advancements and Gamecube wasn't without the minidisc thing because Nintendo didn't want to be like everyone else and use regular CDs. Plus, Gamecube started all the peripheral craze. I remember buying Donkey Kong bongos and Samba De Amigo cha cha shaker things.

If by crappy products you mean poor quality I have never had an issue with any Nintendo system or controller I have ever bought. Battery life isn't 2.5 hours and will be longer when you are playing less intense games than zelda, and finally a $70 controller is completely retarded. Oh and the little controller things have like a 20 hour charge so I don't see how that could ever be an issue.

That said the best part of my refurb wii u is playing on the gamepad laying on the couch while my wife watches the bachelor or something so I imagine I'll get a switch at one point.

I think I just met my white knight quota for the week.
That's honestly the main reason a Wii U and/or switch would appeal to me. To be able to be in the living room and still play games. I mean, I do have a tablet and a 3DS, but it's still tempting.

Are all/most Wii U games going to be available on the Switch?

Also, it seems some people are saying the Joycons issue gets worse as you play more. So if it's hardware, yikes. Maybe they will give up and start making their games elsewhere. 4k mario. Although U wonder if there is a limit to Nintendo cutesy design when it comes to polygon count, law of diminishing returns.

But Everytime I play a Wii U game I'm thinking "needs moar AA"

Also, it seems some people are saying the Joycons issue gets worse as you play more. So if it's hardware, yikes. Maybe they will give up and start making their games elsewhere. 4k mario. Although U wonder if there is a limit to Nintendo cutesy design when it comes to polygon count, law of diminishing returns.
I'd love for Nintendo to pull a Sega and just starting putting their legendary stuff on the PC.

Of course, nobody's probably surprised I said this; so, yeah....

I'd love for Nintendo to pull a Sega and just starting putting their legendary stuff on the PC.
Of course, nobody's probably surprised I said this; so, yeah....
Everyone would love that.
Yeah, but them they couldn't sell it again and again every 4 years.

Hey, after all its only been 20 years.
The point made was that Nintendo has always focused on gimmicks instead of power. The counterargument was that once upon a time, Nintendo produced consoles with a much higher focus on processing power and substantially less of a focus on gimmicks.

Your point, while perhaps relevant to the general discussion, does not actually pertain to the specific point you're quoting.

Yes, Nintendo's hardware power is joke-tier—now.

Bropromptu Night:

Rainbow Six Siege tonight!  

It's MysterD unlucky night though, no free weekend or sale.  Gamersgate has a Rainbow Six Siege sale, but guess what?  They don't sell the vanilla version anymore.  Seriously, only Complete or year 2 Gold.  Don't get the starter pack on Steam either, unless you just love to grind.  

The point made was that Nintendo has always focused on gimmicks instead of power. The counterargument was that once upon a time, Nintendo produced consoles with a much higher focus on processing power and substantially less of a focus on gimmicks.

Your point, while perhaps relevant to the general discussion, does not actually pertain to the specific point you're quoting.

Yes, Nintendo's hardware power is joke-tier—now.
That's what happens when you try to compete in blue ocean spaces rather than continue to plunge right into red ocean spaces.
Even if Nintendo did it's absolute best to make as powerful a console as possible, it'd still be a relatively modest spec'd pc.

Now, I'm not going to run and try to hunt one of these systems now- if I buy a Switch at all this year, it will be because of a glitch or some manner of stupid bundle sale around Black Friday/Christmas. Honestly, for the past generation or two, has ANY piece of console hardware actually been worth owning during it's first year? Or even arguably during it's first revision?

I only bought a PS4 because thanks Target having a 25% discount that worked with a 10% and 5% Red Card so that I was only paying about $200 for the system, and even that was because you could pick up every major release this winter for 50% off or better.

Hell, even Steam sales for PC versions weren't that kind, even if you averaged the sunk cost of buying the console into buying the games!

When the Switch is easily obtainable and there are 3-4 non-"remastered" games worth playing, I'll think about it. But I expect it will take a glitch or a stupid bundle around black friday to make me seriously consider it this year.

(Tl;dr: I'll +1 my console boxes later, I just wish I could use card money.)

I bitched about the Switch for a couple months because, you know, Nintendo. But it's pretty awesome.  Blowing away my expectations so far.  Plus its region-free and import friendly.  Buying JP boxed 'I am Setsuna' later this week because it plays the English game. 

Looking at digital foundrys chart of joy con issues, I discovered the reason the NES classic cables were so short. To prepare you for the Joy Cons. :Lol:

That's said, they way they optimize Forza games on the One, I'd expect it to look amazing on the Scorpio.

I wasn't going to bring it up, since we maesta raec and all, but I've been watching some streams of Zelda and I was tempted to get a switch for it.  I just can't justify spending over $500 (300 console+60 game+20 dlc pass+70 pro controller+tax) for it though.

From what I've seen, the thing I'm most impressed with was the climbing.  I feel like I've seen everything else done better in other games.

I wasn't going to bring it up, since we maesta raec and all, but I've been watching some streams of Zelda and I was tempted to get a switch for it. I just can't justify spending over $500 (300 console+60 game+20 dlc pass+70 pro controller+tax) for it though.

From what I've seen, the thing I'm most impressed with was the climbing. I feel like I've seen everything else done better in other games.
Yeah it's not worth buying one right now, not until the 3rd revision of the hardware where they actually start fixing/improving shit. lol people have been scratching up the screens with the dock already and it's only been out for a day, plus it's not clear if the joycon issue is a hardware fault or software issue. It seems similar to the sixaxis issue (if anyone remembers that), where the signal would drop occasionally on the sixaxis controller and the way Sony fixed that was by forcing you to buy a dualshock 3 controller or new ps3 revision.

I wouldn't have the screen issue nor the joycon issue cause it would be in the dock 100% of the time (unless it requires you to remove it after initial setup) and I wouldn't be using the baby hand controllers for anything.

They should release a $200 version (or keep it $300 and include a pro controller) that is just a normal console and doesn't include the screen.

I wouldn't have the screen issue nor the joycon issue cause it would be in the dock 100% of the time (unless it requires you to remove it after initial setup) and I wouldn't be using the baby hand controllers for anything.

They should release a $200 version (or keep it $300 and include a pro controller) that is just a normal console and doesn't include the screen.
You mean like a PSTV?

So I log into Origin and what do I see:

5VuIQ3O.png

Mr. I HATE BF1 THIS GAME SUCKS AND I WILL COMPLAIN ALL NIGHT is playing some MP by himself.  Bad boi syn errror cagsy spanksy.

Also, MysterD, accept my friend request.  We're cool now.  Frenemies at worst. 

bread's done
Back