Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I've been gaming on my pc / gtx 1080 exclusively for a couple months.  I tried to start playing a console game for a change (H:ZD dlc on ps4 pro) and the 20-30 fps feels terrible.  Have I been ruined?

I have a Steam Question.

How do you find how many years you have been using Steam

I have Half Life from 2007  But thought it had been longer than that

Thanks in Advance...

BLOODY BOOBS NIGHT

OpkGlT6.jpg

Those who missed Bloody Boobs night missed a game that will go into Bro History with King Arthur's Gold and Masked Shooters 2.  No one expected it to be good, of course, but it was bad in really unexpected and innovative ways:

-- The controls are listed on a splash screen when you start the game and can't be referenced again

-- It is nearly impossible to see anything without messing with the settings.  Every round you need to turn off the filters, etc again.  Your choices are either a grainy, incomprehensible mess or else bright mall lighting.

-- Sometimes you enter a game and just can't move

-- The bad guy, Gazool (or Gazoul; the devs spell it both ways), steers like an ocean liner.  Or like a large airplane.  He literally banks in large comical arcs when trying to turn

-- The "procedurally generated maps" generate, in fact, one map.

-- The server function was a hot mess in ways not worth explaining

Then you had technical issues like needing to force Vsync in your GPU settings to avoid crashing and a hole in the map I fell through.  Some people left almost immediately in disgust.  Some stayed and enjoyed the train wreck.  Some just listened on Discord.  It was perhaps a record attendance for a Bro Night, probably because they didn't want Bah to stick them with the MysterD Rocket League Seal of Shame.  We will almost certainly never play it again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Those who missed Bloody Boobs night missed a game that will go into Bro History with King Arthur's Gold and Masked Shooters 2. No one expected it to be good, of course, but it was bad in really unexpected and innovative ways:

-- The controls are listed on a splash screen when you start the game and can't be referenced again

-- It is nearly impossible to see anything without messing with the settings. Every round you need to turn off the filters, etc again. Your choices are either a grainy, incomprehensible mess or else bright mall lighting.

-- Sometimes you enter a game and just can't move

-- The bad guy, Gazool (or Gazoul; the devs spell it both ways), steers like an ocean liner. Or like a large airplane. He literally banks in large comical arcs when trying to turn

-- The "procedurally generated maps" generate, in fact, one map.

-- The server function was a hot mess in ways not worth explaining

Then you had technical issues like needing to force Vsync in your GPU settings to avoid crashing and a hole in the map I fell through. Some people left almost immediately in disgust. Some stayed and enjoyed the train wreck. Some just listened on Discord. It was perhaps a record attendance for a Bro Night, probably because they didn't want Bah to stick them with the MysterD Rocket League Seal of Shame. We will almost certainly never play it again.
9a4.gif

Those who missed Bloody Boobs night missed a game that will go into Bro History with King Arthur's Gold and Masked Shooters 2.

We will almost certainly never play it again.
Thanks Syntax. Learning about the Bloody Boobs experience was undoubtedly more interesting than any sale fodder that Valve just threw at us.

Someday Chrono is going to put up a really good game that hasn't been bundled for like 40k coins and I am going to be set.

Re: Destiny 2.  Just asking as I have not kept up, but what is the latest controversy with Destiny 2 that google news wants me to read articles about the players being upset?  It appears that Bungie had to cancel a stream of an upcoming expansion to try to address player concerns.  Are the main points are the variation in drops and the experience system?

Re:Fortnite/Epic drama

https://kotaku.com/14-year-old-video-game-cheater-sued-mom-defends-him-1820752579

Basically Epic had to make a decision whether to drop a DMCA claim against someone that was putting on youtube a video of him cheating on fortnite and showing people how to get said cheat.  Person filed DCMA counterclaim  as Epic wanted the video pulled and person put another video up.  By filing the DCMA counterclaim, EPIC was forced to either pursue or drop the issue.  Now comes the twist, the person is 14 years old and his Mother decided to defend him.  Normally, I would say that corporations may win a legal battle, but loose more with the publicity.  I have read comments on multiple sites and the views are not all the same.  Most non-players are upset that a company is suing a 14 year (realistically could be refiled against parents and could result in $150,000).  However, a lot of gamers that play multiplayer are supportive of Epic in this case.  Cheating and toxic environments are pervasive in mutliplayer games and are reasons why players move onto different games.  In this case, I think that if my child was involved, I would be embarrassed and would have punished them myself AFTER I had them take down the videos and write an apology/post an apology video to Epic.  

Re: Destiny 2. Just asking as I have not kept up, but what is the latest controversy with Destiny 2 that google news wants me to read articles about the players being upset? It appears that Bungie had to cancel a stream of an upcoming expansion to try to address player concerns. Are the main points are the variation in drops and the experience system?
See Yong's last two videos about Destiny 2 game was lying about XP amount being displayed and earned were different.

Once you hit Level 20 soft-cap, XP is now gained for loot box earning system.

Before the "fix" - players were being lied to amount XP earned, when repeating activities it was secretly scaling you down each time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7kgNExNiO4

After the scaling "fix" - XP requirement for loot boxes was secretly jumped from 80,000 to now 160,000:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6AQDtAJalY

Basically, game's trying to get you to buy micro-transactions / loot boxes to bypass the grinding to fill up the XP bar.

Honestly, the game (D2) has problems but the XP thing in particular is overblown.  XP progress only matters for the first 6 hours you play the game and it goes more than quick enough both before and after the XP changes.  I think a lot of players have turned this into an outcry because they are upset about the real problems.  Namely, several steps back from the improvements made during D1, boring loot and pvp experiences, and a lack of end-game content to give the most dedicated players reasons to keep playing.  

To the new people jumping on, add me on bnet: gospelman#1887

Bought using $15 worth of Amazon Gift Cards via zSilver rewards. $11 for Destiny 2 is a price point I can experiment with.
Newegg is being an asshole about giving me my free Destiny 2 with purchase of a card because I bought through their eBay store instead of directly on Newegg, even though this is an Nvidia promotion. Not sure how that's going to turn out or whether I'm going to have to send it back and rebuy it on Newegg directly or what. Seems stupid and seems more logical they would just give me a damn code, but you never know with these corporations and the stupid shit they do. Wish I had this resolved as I might have jumped on Destiny 2 at this price.

bread's done
Back