Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Demon's Souls PS5 Gameplay Footage is Here, Also Coming to PC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGUtTPRuGak&feature=emb_logo
https://twitter.com/Kotaku/status/1306359099211370496

giphy.gif

Exclusive until the pc release in 6-12 months. Sony is trying hard to make all exclusivity statements omit any mention of length.

That DS trailer pushed some nostalgia buttons i didnt realize i had. was the first time ever playing a game remotely like that. Looking forward to it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I mean, it is a SCE Japan game, so I would not expect it to ever come to PC or other consoles. Sony never lets anything they have any control of get onto PC. If it were just From Software, that would be another story, but anything From does with Sony won't see the light of day off a Sony console.

wow Sony lmfao

paid exclusivity is such a shit practice.
If this were just "paid exclusivity", I'd assume that it would arrive on PC eventually. But this is more than paid exclusivity, Sony has authorship control over this, so I suspect it will never, ever see the light of PC.

If this were just "paid exclusivity", I'd assume that it would arrive on PC eventually. But this is more than paid exclusivity, Sony has authorship control over this, so I suspect it will never, ever see the light of PC.
You're right. Poor wording on my part. Sony pretty much owns Demon's Souls.

I've been thinking about the Final Fantasy 16 (paid exclusivity) stuff too and mixing things up. There's a lot of stuff happening today.

PS5s are probably going to be going for stupid prices for a while.  I bought a PS4 at launch and sold it because they were going for so much that I couldn't justify keeping it, this time I doubt I'll even get a preorder that doesn't get canceled but I decided to try anyway.  I never did pick up a PS4 Pro so I still need a 4k system so I'd kinda like to go ahead and get a PS5 early.   Which of course I'll stop caring about as soon as I see them selling for 2x retail but whatever.

FFXIV is legit the best Final Fantasy game in ages even if you do not care about the MMO stuff so I hope the new one does follow in its footsteps.  

Yeah, I have basically zero interest in paying $500+ so I can pay $70+ for remasters of 10+ year old games and iterative sequels of franchises long past their prime.

I'll probably start paying attention in 5 years or so when the console maybe has a handful of games worth playing that aren't on Game Pass, +1 Steam stuff or bundle drops. 

So after finishing Watch(ing my) Dong Deux, I fired up Ass Creed: Walk like an Egyptian and being disappointed in the combat changes and deciding maybe I needed a break from PoopySoft games, I figured I'd go check out Xboner Game Ass and find something on there to start. Nier Automata, might be interesting... Fired it up.... Ewwww Japanese RPG...No Auto saves something something... Waaaaaa??? Eh, whatever. Hope I don't have to click a button 1 word at a time through the entire 321 word dialog like I had with Kawasaki 0 or whatever it was called. OK, I don't good... Going through tutorial intro mission.. JebusCristos, there's lots of shit flying around on the screen... They're attacking me with bubbles, is this 'The Prisoner'? Not sure I like these weird fixed camera angles... But the visuals are cool.. 50 min later of fighting robots with bubble guns. OK at the end of a long bridge big transformer with buzzsaw hands (cool Sealab 2021 reference).. I died... Ah well, I'll go back to my last save point...
Credits roll... All the way back to beginning of game, time 0....
tenor.gif

giphy.gif

So after finishing Watch(ing my) Dong Deux, I fired up Ass Creed: Walk like an Egyptian and being disappointed in the combat changes and deciding maybe I needed a break from PoopySoft games, I figured I'd go check out Xboner Game Ass and find something on their to start. Nier Automata, might be interesting... Fired it up.... Ewwww Japanese RPG...No Auto saves something something... Waaaaaa??? Eh, whatever. Hope I don't have to click a button 1 word at a time through the entire 321 word dialog like I had with Kawasaki 0 or whatever it was called. OK, I don't good... Going through tutorial intro mission.. JebusCristos, there's lots of shit flying around on the screen... They're attacking me with bubbles, is this 'The Prisoner'? Not sure I like these weird fixed camera angles... But the visuals are cool.. 50 min later of fighting robots with bubble guns. OK at the end of a long bridge big transformer with buzzsaw hands (cool Sealab 2021 reference).. I died... Ah well go I'll go back to my last save point...
Credits roll... Back to beginning of game, time 0....
Have you thought applying to be a PCgamer.com contributor?

Yeah, I have basically zero interest in paying $500+ so I can pay $70+ for remasters of 10+ year old games and iterative sequels of franchises long past their prime.

I'll probably start paying attention in 5 years or so when the console maybe has a handful of games worth playing that aren't on Game Pass, +1 Steam stuff or bundle drops.
I need to see Uncharted 5 or a spiritual successor to even start carring.

Don't forget having to buy games a second time to qualify for a "next gen" upgrade lol.
Or paid multiplayer that is still lacking features common from a decade ago. (There's no report function built into THE PS4. If a developer wants to be able to have players reported for hacking or whatnot they have to build the function in.)

Some of Sony's own games don't have this feature...

DS Remastered, I've not played a bunch of Dark Souls in my life but I did try to play Demon Souls. I always thought it had a better darker atmosphere. It would be cool to see it on PC wereci could use my prefered controller. (Something about the layout, I think it was the extensive use of the left shoulder button for shield block that hurt my left hand... buy I would literally experience pain if I tried playing it. And I even imported the Asian version before Atlus released it stateside.

Now I could play Uncharted for hours on end without pain... So while the DS3 wasn't a very good ergonomic controller for me it was without question a problem with how the controls were laid out.

So I broke the news to the wife about needing a new video card...  Obviously not a 3080 or anything insane (I think?) but the whole system needs updating the most recent performance change for it was a video card (970x) five years ago.  The motherboard and CPU was gotten a few years before that.  November 2013.  (I got that Micro Center Black Friday deal of an i7 4770K and a high end MSI motherboard for $347.18.   That deal was so good at the time everyone in the thread told me I had to do it.)

Anyhow, I only see her a few minutes each day (a few when she gets home from work) and a few when she's sending me out the door for work) so I texted her...  I figure that was the safest way to proceed.

If it's any consolation, the 3080 launch that was supposed to happen an hour ago has been a massive disaster.

I've been monitoring pages for over an hour on three different devices and not once did I see a card actually instock and orderable.  Not even sure what happened, but I'm guessing a tiny amount of available cards + automated scripts just completely ruined the release for 99% of buyers.

I've been monitoring pages for over an hour on three different devices and not once did I see a card actually instock and orderable. Not even sure what happened, but I'm guessing a tiny amount of available cards + automated scripts just completely ruined the release for 99% of buyers.
My local micro center has 2 that in the model I was looking at... but you cannot buy them online. Have to drive out there and hope they are still there when you get there. No way I would go for that.

LOL the 3080 launch was the biggest pile of online shopping shit I've seen in quite some time. A round of applause for all the scalpers and bots.

horizon zero dawn never came to pc either
Very much an exception. That was spearheaded by Hermen Hulst when he took over as head of Worldwide Studios. He believed by strategically releasing a few select PlayStation exclusives on PC, a wider audience of gamers would get a "taste of what they're missing" on PlayStation. Of course, such a strategy only makes sense if it's backed up by a large library of permanent exclusives: the default model.

Horizon was his pet project for that effort.

I don't think it was a success, mainly because once you release a PlayStation game on PC, people just assume every PS game will eventually come to PC, thereby undermining any incentive to buy a PlayStation. The reality of how Horizon's release on PC happened is one of the very reasons why I wouldn't expect it to happen again.

While you morans are busy complaining about not being able to waste your money on those 3080s, I would like to remind the true CAGs to go claim your free games on the mighty Epic Games Store:

Stick It 2 The Man

Wash Dogs 2

Football Manager 2020

Next week we get:

Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 Complete

Trying to get cutting edge tech on launch day is always a losing proposition.  Especially now with the rampant spread of bots and flippers.

Especially now with the rampant spread of bots and flippers.
wait, are you saying the bots and flippers are mutually exclusive? that the bots are independently purchasing 3080's in an attempt to construct a massive supercomputer that will take over the world and enslave humanity? AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

*runs out of room screaming*

My local Micro Center never showed any in stock, even before they opened.  Others did show some stock though.

I wasn't going to buy today regardless; just following out of curiosity and to see where the price points were landing at for the third-party cards.

wait, are you saying the bots and flippers are mutually exclusive? that the bots are independently purchasing 3080's in an attempt to construct a massive supercomputer that will take over the world and enslave humanity? AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Why are you running...

That's the most comforting thing I've heard all year.

1080 peasants!  High probability I will upgrade to 1440p this cycle within two to three years.  So I guess it depends on if Nvidia and AMD are pooping out even better cards in 2022.

My only hope is that the new AMD cards will either:

A) Have a great option around $200 for us 1080p CAGs.

B) Drive the price of the 5700s down so I can snatch one on clearance for around $200.

Not feeling too confident on either tbh.
I think B is the more likely scenario after we see the 3070, 3060, and whatever RDNA2 products AMD comes out with.

No, it’s just MysterD trying to collect all the VRAMs.

Very much an exception. That was spearheaded by Hermen Hulst when he took over as head of Worldwide Studios. He believed by strategically releasing a few select PlayStation exclusives on PC, a wider audience of gamers would get a "taste of what they're missing" on PlayStation. Of course, such a strategy only makes sense if it's backed up by a large library of permanent exclusives: the default model.

Horizon was his pet project for that effort.

I don't think it was a success, mainly because once you release a PlayStation game on PC, people just assume every PS game will eventually come to PC, thereby undermining any incentive to buy a PlayStation. The reality of how Horizon's release on PC happened is one of the very reasons why I wouldn't expect it to happen again.
It was obviously tied to the Horizon 2 PS5 exclusive, to try to get PC-only gamers to get a console. Of course, most people on PC probably can't finish the game by the time Horizon 2 comes out, because of how big a mess that port has been.

ZERO6GGX-AVFJW-8553Z - Scribblenauts Unlimited
ZERO2BYP-7HX8D-WL4XN - Beyond Eyes
ZEROZEROJED-388KZERO-WD9ZERO7 - Bulb Boy
ZERO23XI-PNYCL-AQZERO7A - Shenmue I & II

bread's done
Back