Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Ghost of Tsushima one of my favorite open world games of the last few years. I love samurai games though and those are underrepresented and it was beautiful looking, played alright, and had a good enough story. Hopefully the port is aight. I hope Rise of the Ronin is aight. I have it pre-ordered so I'll give impressions around release in the PS thread.

Ghosts of Tsushima: Director's Cut - PC Version.

PC Version Trailer:

Steam Store Page's already up & this PC version releases on May 16th, 2024:

Too bad the
who General Zod ending of Horizon completely just killed the whole thing for me... likely won't go back... which sucks cause the whole Vegas area was one of my favorite memories in gaming.
I guess this just confirms my hypothesis that no matter how much you go out of your way to avoid spoilers for a game you'll always run into them in the most unexpected places.

I guess this just confirms my hypothesis that no matter how much you go out of your way to avoid spoilers for a game you'll always run into them in the most unexpected places.
When there were all those Last of Us 2 spoiler leaks I somehow managed to avoid all of it. Then on the day before launch I was looking at a funko pop listing on gamestop and there was a user review of the toy on that page that spoiled the biggest twist in the game!

When there were all those Last of Us 2 spoiler leaks I somehow managed to avoid all of it. Then on the day before launch I was looking at a funko pop listing on gamestop and there was a user review of the toy on that page that spoiled the biggest twist in the game!

I didn't (Avoid spoilers) sadly. Somebody in the Comments section on TLOU P2 review when it 1st came out ruined the big twist. I still need to go play that, as I've got that now backlogged on PS4.

Last edited:
My bad, although there a lot of complex thoughts in order to understand what I even said there... I've spoiler-ed it for future people who haven't played a game...

Ghost of Tsushima one of my favorite open world games of the last few years. I love samurai games though and those are underrepresented and it was beautiful looking, played alright, and had a good enough story. Hopefully the port is aight. I hope Rise of the Ronin is aight. I have it pre-ordered so I'll give impressions around release in the PS thread.
Nixxes is porting it to PC, so it should be great technically. Can't recall the last time a Nixxes PC port was even "mid", if even ever. They normally are great at this PC porting thing just like QLOC.

Nixxes' stuff:
-> Nixxes' webpage - https://www.nixxes.com/projects/
-> History of ports - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nixxes_Software

I mean, they go back as far as Soul Reaver 2 PC port. They ported a lot of the TR games since Legend, Hitman: Absolution, and Eidos Montreal's Deus Ex games (since HR) to PC.

Eidos and Square Enix used them A LOT for PC ports, until Sony recently bought them from Square.

The new Platinum Bundle at Fanatical is very bad, IMO. One of the worst I can remember, several "Mixed" rating games and the headliners are obscure games even to me. Wasteland 3 has been bundled several times before, as well.

The new Platinum Bundle at Fanatical is very bad, IMO. One of the worst I can remember, several "Mixed" rating games and the headliners are obscure games even to me. Wasteland 3 has been bundled several times before, as well.
I kind of like some things in it. Been waiting a long time for Jet n Guns 2 to be bundled and Trinity Fusion got ok impressions from me in my most recent demo tries. It's not a great one though at least. Thanks for the reminder I'll post that stuff in the Fanatical thread.

So EA brought a bunch of its old stuff to Steam for the first time today, including Alpha Centauri (on sale for $2) and The Saboteur (on sale for $5). Had to instabuy Alpha Centauri even though I have in on GoG just to support them finally doing this. No idea how they play or if there's any issues compared to the GoG/EA versions but they do not require EA Play client to run.

Alpha Centauri Planetary Pack on Steam
The Saboteur on Steam

Other titles added (list stolen from Reddit):
There's also a complete C&C bundle available now as well for around $10
Command & Conquer™ The Ultimate Collection

Last edited:
So EA brought a bunch of its old stuff to Steam for the first time today, including Alpha Centauri (on sale for $2) and The Saboteur (on sale for $5). Had to instabuy Alpha Centauri even though I have in on GoG just to support them finally doing this. No idea how they play or if there's any issues compared to the GoG/EA versions but they do not require EA Play client to run.

The Saboteur on Steam

Sounds like The Saboteur is Steam Deck compatible so I will absolutely be getting that. Such a great classic game

The Saboteur on Steam

I just bought all of those games lol. It was just under $25 with the parts of the C&C bundle I already owned lowering my total.

Be warned, back in the day The Saboteur on PC had a serious bug and I don't know if they ever fixed it. I own it on Origin/EA and back then if you put the resolution (or aspect ratio?) over a certain limit then it would break how the map works and render gps guidance to world locations useless. I found it made the game unplayable. I have read that the GOG version fixed this bug. Never heard whether other versions got fixed. If anyone knows the answer I'd like to hear about it.

Be warned, back in the day The Saboteur on PC had a serious bug and I don't know if they ever fixed it. I own it on Origin/EA and back then if you put the resolution (or aspect ratio?) over a certain limit then it would break how the map works and render gps guidance to world locations useless. I found it made the game unplayable. I have read that the GOG version fixed this bug. Never heard whether other versions got fixed. If anyone knows the answer I'd like to hear about it.

Can't speak for Steam-version - but yes, GOG version did fix the bug (when you go over 720p), as I do have that GOG-version. Awesome game.

Side note: I have this on disc from Retail, Origin, and GOG.

You can also turn Origin-version into the GOG version (with the fix) - https://community.pcgamingwiki.com/files/file/2130-the-saboteur-origin-to-gog-patch/

I don't know if that Origin-version-to-GOG-version fix works on the new Steam-version though.

EDIT - Before the GOG-fix, IIRC: you used internally run the game at 720p, use DGVoodoo2 to upscale it to 1080p within DGVoodoo2, and play the game that way to get around the map-issue. A lot more overhead performance-wise b/c you have a DX-wrapper here, but...GOG-version's a good way to go on it, to avoid any DX-wrapper overhead.

I'd also be curious if Steam-version has the fix included.

EDIT 2 - Keep in mind, I don't have a Steam Deck. For those that already got Saboteur GOG-version already: another idea could be to use Heroic launcher and download & run Saboteur through Heroic on Steam Deck/LinuxOS.

Last edited:
You can also turn Origin-version into the GOG version (with the fix) - https://community.pcgamingwiki.com/files/file/2130-the-saboteur-origin-to-gog-patch/
So, the game is available on Origin for $3.59. If you'd be able to buy it there and convert it to the GOG version, that's the cheapest option, but would require more work for people who want to run it on a Steam Deck.

Also, it's on EA Play (if you have that.) If you wanted to, could you get that version and then use the GOG patch and basically get it for free? (Not that I would do that, just curious.)

I think Saboteur was Free on Origin before; I certainly didn't buy it there, but I do have it there.

This also brings up another question: does EA Desktop App even work on the Steam Deck?

I think Saboteur was Free on Origin before; I certainly didn't buy it there, but I do have it there.

This also brings up another question: does EA Desktop App even work on the Steam Deck?
I think there are ways to make it work. I remember seeing a few articles about it when I got my Steam Deck.

The game wouldn't really have to be patched on there because it would run around 720P.

Bummer if I missed it being free on there. I have a physical copy of it for the PS3.

I didn't (Avoid spoilers) sadly. Somebody in the Comments section on TLOU P2 review when it 1st came out ruined the big twist. I still need to go play that, as I've got that now backlogged on PS4.
Even though I haven't managed to avoid all spoilers for it, I don't have any understanding of what transpires other than some loose knowledge of a few events. IDC though, will definitely watch the second season of the show as a preferred way to consume it. I should have sold the game off long ago as I'm never going to play it at this point.

Not sure how well known it is but recently discovered XBPlay that bypasses all the dual-boot nonsense required to get Steam decks able to play Xbox or Game Pass. Wife got it and setup was a little tricky of needing to add it to favorites for it to show up on the deck, but once installed worked flawlessly. Recognized my game pass once logged in and for remote play, just needs to be enabled on whichever Xbox will be used to stream it under console settings.

Pretty excellent now she's set up for Steam and anything Xbox on one mobile device.

So as a corollary to some other stories from the week, scuttlebutt is that all the Adult Swim games on Steam will be delisted by Warner Bros, there's not actually a lot of them left and most were bundled over the years, the only one I'd highly recommend seeking out is Super House of Dead Ninjas, it's currently $2 or so on gray market sites but expect that to jump out as resellers start hoarding keys. If it drops to $3 again during next week's spring sale like it did during the winter sale it's well worth. There used to be a free version on the Adult Swim site you could play also, I'm trying to see if it's on the Wayback Machine somewhere, if I find it I'll update this post.

Super House of Dead Ninjas on Steam

Kinda weird that we've cycled around to a world where EA is making pro-consumer choices and now Warner Bros Discovery seems to be doing their best to become the most hated company on the internet.

Can't speak for Steam-version - but yes, GOG version did fix the bug (when you go over 720p), as I do have that GOG-version. Awesome game.

Side note: I have this on disc from Retail, Origin, and GOG.

I don't know if that Origin-version-to-GOG-version fix works on the new Steam-version though.

EDIT - Before the GOG-fix, IIRC: you used internally run the game at 720p, use DGVoodoo2 to upscale it to 1080p within DGVoodoo2, and play the game that way to get around the map-issue. A lot more overhead performance-wise b/c you have a DX-wrapper here, but...GOG-version's a good way to go on it, to avoid any DX-wrapper overhead.

I'd also be curious if Steam-version has the fix included.

EDIT 2 - Keep in mind, I don't have a Steam Deck. For those that already got Saboteur GOG-version already: another idea could be to use Heroic launcher and download & run Saboteur through Heroic on Steam Deck/LinuxOS.

So, the game is available on Origin for $3.59. If you'd be able to buy it there and convert it to the GOG version, that's the cheapest option, but would require more work for people who want to run it on a Steam Deck.

Also, it's on EA Play (if you have that.) If you wanted to, could you get that version and then use the GOG patch and basically get it for free? (Not that I would do that, just curious.)

I can confirm that as of today (I just did it) the convert to GoG patch works (and is still needed, it crashed otherwise) on the EA Play version provided by PC (XBox) Game Pass, I had to use the "Fallback" patch version but it worked and then I changed the resolution via the ini settings file.

Maybe you grabbed it during the day long ago where that reusable $20 off code made it possible to get basically all the old games on (then) Origin for free because I don't think it's ever been free otherwise (not that I've noticed anyway), because not grabbing it back then has long been a regret of mine. It's been part of EA Play since the beginning though.

Last edited:
Hmmm, maybe it was in an AmazonTony Bundle? Man, I'm getting old; can't recall.

EDIT at 3:32pm EST or so:
Wait, was Saboteur retail game-code able to activate over on Origin back in the day? Maybe it was that? I dunno. [shrug]

EDIT:
Hmmm, so I didn't get Saboteur from Amazon or Origin, it looks like. Maybe I just activated the key from the disc?

Last edited:
I got mine from that storefront owned by IGN I think.. Direct2drive? and then added it to Origin when that came out.

I was looking at the Saboteur steam reviews and saw complaints about a 60fps limit, resolution limit, and having to jump through some hoops to get the controller working on steam deck.

Most of the reviews are positive, but I think it's safe to assume most of those people haven't actually played the steam version yet.

Played about twenty minutes of The Saboteur, was enjoying it and completed a couple of objectives, stopped and saved (also saw there was a recent autosave) and then came back just a minute ago only to discover that the save means literally nothing and I have to start the entire game over from the very beginning, it even replays the intro movie when I load the save games. Definitely one of those games that would be different in our game pass and easy refund era. So if you start it, be prepared to commit to getting through however long the entire intro mission sequence is.

I played through Saboteur on PS3, and the one big flaw I recall was the speed at which enemies detect you through your disguise when in close enough proximity was just too fast, you didn't really have time to do anything before the detection meter filled all the way and your stealth was broken. Didn't stop me from getting the platinum though.

I wasn't sure if this would happen, but in case anyone needs to know: buying a Dying Light 2 standard edition key will redeem on Steam as the Reloaded Edition. At least it just did for me.

Apparently unlike most Steam free weekends, the Mortal Kombat 1 free weekend has restricted content, so it's more like a demo. Also has a 123 GB install from a 116 gb download. I'm gonna try it out mostly because I'm curious if it will even run on my below minimum spec PC but if you saw "free weekend" and initially thought like I did that you'd get a chance to play through the story mode and try stuff out to a satisfying degree, it's probably not worth bothering with.

Apparently unlike most Steam free weekends, the Mortal Kombat 1 free weekend has restricted content, so it's more like a demo. Also has a 123 GB install from a 116 gb download. I'm gonna try it out mostly because I'm curious if it will even run on my below minimum spec PC but if you saw "free weekend" and initially thought like I did that you'd get a chance to play through the story mode and try stuff out to a satisfying degree, it's probably not worth bothering with.
Maybe it's just me.. but if the game is taking up 123gb I'd rather just buy the full game at that point. Don't really want to waste time and space playing it for only a couple of days

Not sure how well known it is but recently discovered XBPlay that bypasses all the dual-boot nonsense required to get Steam decks able to play Xbox or Game Pass.
What are you talking about? There's no dual booting for Xbox Gamepass on Steam deck is there? Just use Edge and it all works, I do Xbox Game Pass all the time from within Steam's OS

Even better, only took me like 10 minutes to set that bad boy up in Edge.

Maybe it's just me.. but if the game is taking up 123gb I'd rather just buy the full game at that point. Don't really want to waste time and space playing it for only a couple of days

Yeah, I wouldn't have bothered but I was mostly curious if I could tinker with settings and get it to run on my system which is just below the listed minimum requirements and I'm not one to buy and then refund just as a trial. Plus given that the story modes are usually 10 hours at most I thought maybe I'd play through it for free (probably why they restricted it). Turns out it has built in upscaling and with some tinkering it plays just fine. Doesn't seem to have the same auto-fighting and gear collection stuff that I found so addictive in previous versions though so I'll definitely be holding out for a deep deep sale (which, knowing WB, will be sooner than later).

I wasn't sure if this would happen, but in case anyone needs to know: buying a Dying Light 2 standard edition key will redeem on Steam as the Reloaded Edition. At least it just did for me.

I think that's what the last update & improvements (in which they've been listening to the fans, basically) changed the game to: they re-named the base-game (to Reloaded Edition) and also tossed in one of the DLC's (Bloody Ties).

I think that's what the last update & improvements (in which they've been listening to the fans, basically) changed the game to: they re-named the base-game (to Reloaded Edition) and also tossed in one of the DLC's (Bloody Ties).
That is correct, and I knew I would get the equivalent of reloaded edition with a standard key, but I didn't know if it would be specifically called the reloaded edition for me or not. But it is.

This. Streaming has never appealed to us, plus the added benefit was being able to access the full library of games we own; not just Game Pass to run natively via remote play.
Maybe I'm missing something here, but doesn't XBPlay just stream your gamepass account just the same as setting it up through Edge? Even if you have an Xbox console doesn't it still just stream to the steam deck?

I installed greenlight on my steamdeck 2 weeks ago and now I stream from my Xbox series x console without mucking around with cloud streaming. Plus I get console reward points from bed. I'll probably never boot my windows partition again.

Here are the install instructions I used:

Again the difference between this and edge is that you can also stream directly from your home console on your own network.

Last edited:
bread's done
Back