Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Elder Scrolls Online Standard steam key free on AlienwareArena for tier 3+
Elder scrolls online community event starts in a few hours.

There's still 700 or so V Rising keys left on Alienware Arena for Tier 4 and above, takes 8 months or so to get there from zero but they've been there for 6+ months now and will probably take a while to completely be gone so I'd imagine anyone who is only a month or two away will still be able to get one (or if by chance someone is already tier 4 and never claimed a key).

V Rising is ending Early Access, thus the price is going up from $19.99 to $34.99 on April 5th.

You can find discounts; IndiaGala is sold out, but Fanatical has some keys. After a 5% off coupon, it's $15.19.

Probably won't be that low in a long time and even less likely to be bundled.
Thanks for the heads up. I've been eyeing it for awhile. Looks like it's $12.59 on humble with my discount. Time to buy.

EDIT: Looks like Humble bumped it up to the new 34.99 price. I'd hop on it elsewhere asap. I got it on Driffle for about 12 bucks.

Last edited:
Saw this at Costco. I haven’t really been paying attention to pricing for quite a while, is that an okay value?

27-E00-CF1-1834-4998-B2-D9-E56-E0-FD0-E782.jpg

Saw this at Costco. I haven’t really been paying attention to pricing for quite a wVideo Game Dealshttps://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/video-game-deals.2196/hile, is that an okay value?
Dealwise it seems pretty standard pricing. In terms of gaming performance, expect a little better than a series X. You could probably find a way to get a better gpu with a $1300 budget.

Saw this at Costco. I haven’t really been paying attention to pricing for quite a while, is that an okay value?

27-E00-CF1-1834-4998-B2-D9-E56-E0-FD0-E782.jpg

Its kinda meh. You'd get a Costco warranty, best part of that maybe. The GPU is basically $450-500 of that cost and probably one of the worst values of the current nvidia lineup. At least its the 16GB vram model. I saw an i5 version in costco a day ago for $999 (I think) with just a 4060 (non ti). The 13700F is the 65w version of that cpu, not over-clockable, no built in graphics either, low standard clocks but will boost to full power at 5.2ghz.

Looking at the cpu's market price, that is $345 (same as K model with gpu/overclock). GPU is $450. So roughly $800 for those items and $400 for the rest. Not horrible I guess.

Dealwise it seems pretty standard pricing. In terms of gaming performance, expect a little better than a series X. You could probably find a way to get a better gpu with a $1300 budget.
I built an AMD 7700x/AMD 6950 XT setup about 9 months ago for around $1300 and the 6950 XT is a huge upgrade over the 4060 Ti from what I'd seen on YT GPU comparison videos. Not sure how the CPUs compare but the 7700x is really overkill for my usage. Wouldn't be surprised if you can get the 7900 XT for around what I paid for the 6950 XT already.

The problem reviewers had with the 4060 Ti is it's really a xx50 type of card priced as a xx60 card and also now sitting in the expensive ballpark (i.e. $400-500). As usual w/ the xx60, there's 2 VRAM-versions (8gb VRAM at $400 and 16gb VRAM at $500) out there and the 2 VRAM versions are both without different naming/numbering schemes (so that can be annoying & confusing for many) - but it's only at 128-bit bus; not that long ago, xx60 cards often had 192-bit bus (i.e. such as the GTX 1060 with 6gb VRAM and even the 12gb VRAM version of the RTX 3060). Big problem here is the naming, pricing, and marketing of this card, more than anything.

Nvidia's basically making everyone pay the NVidia tax, A.I. tax, Tensor core tax, and Tech Features tax (RT, Frame-Gem, DLSS, Etc), good drivers tax. And for $100, if you do go the 4060 Ti route (since it's in the PC there already): you might as well pony-up for double the VRAM, just in case. [shrug]

As always, I'll say this: the more VRAM, the better; especially if you want to throw on RT & other stuff. Dev's and pub's often just make the game work on whatever - they got 16gb RAM on the consoles (XSS/XSX/PS5) and it's a shared-pool that runs closer-to-the-metal, so they optimize there as much as possible. They gonna use VRAM-wise from that shared-pool however they feel w/in that 16gb of shared-RAM on consoles.

Dev's and pub's seem to often "Release now, maybe optimize later" on PC and seem to say to the PC gamer: "Hey, just go buy better hardware." It's not like Jedi Survivor or DD2 (Dragon's Dogma 2) has been fixed much on PC performance-wise, you know? And it's not like the newer RE Engine was built for open-world gaming from the beginning of the engine's inception...and it shows w/ DD2.

We've already got enough examples of games being brutal, using over 8gb VRAM.
-> Go look at DF Video on Youtube Diablo 4 really should require 8gb VRAM (but doesn't to make sales) to play right b/c there's texture problems when under 8gb VRAM:
-> Techspot on titles using lots of VRAM - https://www.techspot.com/article/2670-vram-use-games/
-> 12-13gb VRAM can be used on Horizon: FW - https://www.tomshardware.com/video-...sis-another-game-that-can-exceed-8gb-vram-use

There's a bunch of older-titles that even at 1080p that I can't max-out on my RTX 3070 with 8gb VRAM. RE2R, RE3R, RE7 Gold, RE Village, WD: Legion are on this list. No surprise, right? Typical Capcom and UbiSoft stuff - scale and/or push everything to the moon. I'd need 10+gb VRAM to do that w/ these titles. And these ain't even the newest games on the market.

Also, we have games like Starfield, Jedi Survivor, and upcoming Silent Hill 2 Remake requiring GPU's in their bare minimum listings with 8gb VRAM GPU's for a minimum.

Last edited:
Don't know what was going on with target this morning but they had some insane deals on PC accessories. I would've posted but the best deals sold out within minutes after being tweeted by wario.

I got a Logitech g502 x plus RGB for $20. Wasn't planning on buying a new mouse, but I'll take a high end backup one for that price.

Deadlink review after 1 win and not going to play more after 22 hours and 12 minutes (I stink sometimes at FPS).

First of all Deadlink is a rogue lite FPS where you shoot people in arena. You have 2 abilities and 2 guns. The abilities are always there but may be augmented by certain doors. Once you're done in an arena you get a choice of doors which includes abilities. These slot into 4 areas which are 1 bar switching, 2 bars both abilities, and 3 bars breaking c balls. The c balls are in arenas as glowing balls and give you back ammo and activate the active abilities slotted in the 3 bar area. The other abilities activate when you switch weapons (1 bar) and do the abilities for the 2 bar abilities. The other doors are shell augments (make your 2 main abilities better), gun augments (upgrades including elemental ones), shops, challenges (hard bosses that give you an ability to slot and heal you as well), stuff for unlocking things (XP, tokens), gold for buying things, and heavy weapon weapon upgrades (your 2nd weapon).

Pretty much the gimmick in the arenas is moving around, using your abilities to hit ops which makes them drop shields (they just drop gold/ammo usually), and trying to kill the enemies. The abilities and also throwing grenades marks enemies which makes them drop shields and sometimes affects them if you have other abilities for that.

You keep going until the end of an area where you get a shop and then a boss. If you beat said boss you move on to the next area. If you beat all the areas you beat the game. You're very likely to die along the way usually to a boss. When you die you can upgrade permanently using the XP/tokens acquired. Sometimes it's worth it saving up (token tiers can be unlocked and are well worth it as they give you an ability slot and allow the unlocks for that tier).

The graphics are pretty cool futuristic looking for the areas. The action can get wild at times and it's hard to see things. The music is electronic and sounds good. The guns and enemies sound pretty good as well. I'm not a huge fan of the voice acting, but it's not super bad. Overall very solid.

Overall I feel this game has it where you need to be super aggressive. For a long a while I was stuck on the 2nd boss, but after just unloading on him and just concentrating on his attacks, I almost never lost to it. Stacking abilities is good and you will notice the best abilities sooner or later. This game feels very repetitive after a while though with very little enemy variety, with each area having the same few enemies. A lot of them look similar too. The later upgrades are very, very expensive as well. Once you beat the game you unlock the next difficulty. I liked this game enough to beat it, but it frustrated me often. The bosses are very hard at times, and sometimes it feels like you're not doing enough damage. Damage is key in this game and I feel is more important than shields/defense. Shields melt quickly especially. I recommend the game, but I think it's missing something to be a rogue lite you'll play often after beating it. 7/10

Fallout 4 - New update coming on April 25th for every version of the game.

Sources:
-> Bethesda - https://fallout.bethesda.net/en/art...s-getting-free-updates?linkId=100000254670482
-> VG 24/7 - https://www.vg247.com/fallout-4-next-gen-update

More info:
-> "Bethesda Game Studios is releasing a free Fallout 4 update for download on Xbox Series X|S and PlayStation 5."
-> "This free update includes native applications for PlayStation 5 & Xbox Series X|S, Performance mode & Quality mode settings."
-> Next-Gen versions: "...As well as stability improvements and fixes. Experience up to 60 FPS and increased resolutions!"
-> "Fallout 4 players on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One will also receive a free update..."
-> ..."With stability improvements, login and quest fixes."
-> "We are also releasing a free Fallout 4 update for PC players!"
-> "Experience Fallout 4 on your next-generation PC with widescreen and ultra-widescreen support, as well as fixes to Creation Kit and a variety of quest updates."
-> "Players with PC versions of Fallout 4 on Steam, Microsoft Store and GOG will receive stability, mods and bug fixes. "
-> "For Japanese and Chinese language players on PC, Bethesda.net login issues have been resolved, fixing access to mods."
-> "Alongside this exciting update, Fallout 4 will be available to purchase on the Epic Games Store."
-> "Fallout 4 will also be Steam Deck verified."
-> Also, new quests involving the Enclave, new weapons, new items, new Worshop items, etc. will be added to F4 with the New Update too.

I was considering buying Fallout 4 GOTY while it's on sale, I have the base edition on Steam from launch. There's no chance they'll upgrade base owners to the GOTY with this free update, right?

It's Bethesda...do you really think that with a million Skyrim versions that weren't free?

I think Bethesda gave away the Special Edition of Skyrim for free to owners who owned the original, but the stipulation was you needed to own all the DLCs as well I believe. But that's all I can think of from Bethesda.

Maybe I will wait until the new version drops. I have yet to finish Fallout 4, or even get very far.

Doubt it. I dunno, but....you really do want Season Pass or go GOTY on F4. Literally, Far Harbor DLC saves F4 & is fantastic and also Nuka World DLC is quite good.

NW DLC is quite good, provided you do 2 types of playthroughs on NW DLC....
...For NW DLC, you need to do an evil character or be borderline-evil playthrough by doing all their quests via Nuka World since they are all raiders...and then afterwards, decided to turn on every raider in the theme park.

Really wanna go more evil? Then also turn on Preston Garvey and Minutemen.

Going good in the beginning, you'll just eliminate a great deal of the long-winded DLC, basically - b/c you're starting w/ the "turn on raiders event." If you're gonna do that: save that for last, after you do every NW quest.

Back to FH DLC: it's too bad that writer Will Shen's no longer with Bethesda, in so many ways for them - the writing and questing in FH DLC is so much better than a lot of F4 base. We need more Fallout experiences from Bethesda to be like FH DLC.

Last edited:
Doubt it. I dunno, but....you really do want Season Pass or go GOTY on F4. Literally, Far Harbor DLC saves F4 & is fantastic…

So true. I was so annoyed by Fallout 4 until Far Harbor came out. Terrible story (chasing down your son instead of your dad like in Fallout 3, real original), less of the campy, satirical retrofuturism the series always had in exchange for a more generic sci-fi vibe, a massive map with no interesting quests outside of factional or story stuff, and way too much emphasis on crafting and base building. But Far Harbor fixed all that and actually gave you real choices to make, while letting you explore a more interesting locale. Dunno why Bethesda couldn’t just make standalone games the size of Far Harbor, Shivering Isles and Dragonborne and release those for like $40. Even being DLC they have more content than a lot of AAA games and the smaller scope tends to lead to better narratives. But instead we have to wait decades before Fallout and Elder Scroll installments or even longer if they’re wasting their time on shit like 76 and Starfield.

Nuka World is also good because exploring an abandoned theme park will always be fun in any game. But like you said unless your character is evil there is not much to do in it besides kill raiders.

Nuka World also works well b/c - well, it's a Theme Park; literally. It's very on the nose, so to speak.

Most of their 1st party games feel like Theme Parks instead of actual breathed in, lived in game-worlds w/ real characters you care about. You just wander around, explore, see the sights and ride all the roller-coaster rides of main & side quests in its own Six Flags type of and Disney-like Magical Kingdom Open-World of a Game-World Park.

Their (Bethesda's) Fallout games really feel like poor Fallout fan-faction, compared to what Black Isle and Obsidian did w/ Fallout series.

Greenman Gaming has a Fallout sale til April 21, and now has the best current deal on Fallout 4 GOTY at 79% off. Before it was Fanatical at 78% off.

FYI if you have an Nvidia RTX card and are having crashing in Fallout 4 then turn off weapon debris in the launcher. That fixed it for me. Looks like there is a mod to let you use the feature without the crashing, but disables collision of the debris.

Last edited:
Nice, they had a better deal on F4 goty. But not better enough to use a shady site I haven't heard of. But this site GG deals is really handy, I didn't know about it. Thanks.

GMG has the best legit reseller deal at $8.50 for F4 GOTY [Steam key] price-wise. But, games on Steam w/ updates still incoming and/or you want to mod can be a royal pain in the butt to deal with.

So, basically - back the old folder-up somewhere else not tied to Steam knowing its back-up location...just in case, if you mod or want to keep an old-version of the game-folder. Can be useful, until maybe someone likely makes a Downgrader Patch (like Fallout 3 GOTY now has, to go back to version 1.7.0.3, for those who got moved to version 1.7.0.4).

GOG might have the "smartest" deal for Fallout 4 GOTY at $9.99 (usual sale price), since it's DRM-FREE there and you can disable forced-updates on GOG Galaxy. For games I want to heavily mod, I'd rather have those on GOG - as those don't have DRM (easier to mod and keep NOT updates); and I can always keep an updated-version tied to GOG Galaxy and a back-up not tied to it in some other folder for older-versions of the game. Yes, some games I have multi-installed and it's easier to do so with DRM-FREE - like say Vampire: Bloodlines and Two Worlds II (WorldMerge Mod don't work on new versions after v2.0+, only older versions before the newer DLC's hit like Call of the Tenebrae).

I never heard of Instant Gaming and I normally don't buy from Key Shops of that sort, even if GG Lists them.

Instant Gaming is ok, but the first time I used them they pulled an ID check on me. They wouldn't approve my order until I sent a pic of my ID. They're the only gray market site to pull that kind of shit on me. Didn't have any problems after that, but keep that in mind when ordering from them.

Instant Gaming is ok, but the first time I used them they pulled an ID check on me. They wouldn't approve my order until I sent a pic of my ID. They're the only gray market site to pull that kind of shit on me. Didn't have any problems after that, but keep that in mind when ordering from them.
If a store tried that on me, I wouldn't send a pic of my ID. That seems risky.

GMG has the best legit reseller deal at $8.50 for F4 GOTY [Steam key] price-wise. But, games on Steam w/ updates still incoming and/or you want to mod can be a royal pain in the butt to deal with.

So, basically - back the old folder-up somewhere else not tied to Steam knowing its back-up location...just in case, if you mod or want to keep an old-version of the game-folder. Can be useful, until maybe someone likely makes a Downgrader Patch (like Fallout 3 GOTY now has, to go back to version 1.7.0.3, for those who got moved to version 1.7.0.4).

GOG might have the "smartest" deal for Fallout 4 GOTY at $9.99 (usual sale price), since it's DRM-FREE there and you can disable forced-updates on GOG Galaxy. For games I want to heavily mod, I'd rather have those on GOG - as those don't have DRM (easier to mod and keep NOT updates); and I can always keep an updated-version tied to GOG Galaxy and a back-up not tied to it in some other folder for older-versions of the game. Yes, some games I have multi-installed and it's easier to do so with DRM-FREE - like say Vampire: Bloodlines and Two Worlds II (WorldMerge Mod don't work on new versions after v2.0+, only older versions before the newer DLC's hit like Call of the Tenebrae).

I never heard of Instant Gaming and I normally don't buy from Key Shops of that sort, even if GG Lists them.
I found a guide that shows you how to set the app manifest file for a game to read only, and then Steam can't update that game.

That's it to block updates? Really?
All you do is make the [Game'sUserID#].ACF file ReadOnly in Properties? That's too easy! Thanks!
Well that's what the video said, and I skimmed the comments and didn't see anyone dispute it. I can't personally guarantee it'll work though. I think it will.

So I got interested in this game Minishoot Adventures. I do NOT like bullet hell, but the game just seemed really appealing. It has elements from Zelda and Metroid. I spent two hours playing the demo tonight and loved it. I don't really want to pay full price for any game, but I'm considering it.

I still find it crazy that consoles do a better ability of stopping/pausing game updates on games than PC

This isn't Windows' fault, this is Steam's fault since this is pertaining to Steam's system of how they handle updates.

It's a lot easier to deal w/ this stuff for GOG games, as...
A. You either don't use Galaxy at all (so that avoids updates entirely if you don't use Galaxy, since Galaxy client-app is optional)...
B. Or disable updates via Galaxy app either per game or globally; up to you.

For Galaxy in particular, I have Galaxy (when it's running) notify there's an update when a game has it (another feature in GOG), as it'll show it has an update in Download section - but I might or might not take it; depends on the game and if I want the new update, in the middle of a game (and don't want any updates which can break saves - i.e. think Krater's Co-Op update did and broke older Solo-Version of the game's saves), don't want an update to breaks mods (Bethesda games, I'm looking at you), etc etc..

Last edited:
bread's done
Back