Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
You know how when words are repeated enough times, they start to lose all meaning?

Is it just me, or does that happen faster when it’s MysterD repeating the words?

IIRC, Nioh 1 Complete was free on Epic before - if one's tolerant of Epic. So, check Epic, if you're tolerant of them - check and see if you got it there first.
Otherwise those are some good deals on Nioh 1 Complete, if you need to have it on Steam for [insert reasons here].

EDIT - I just checked; yeah, I got Nioh 1 Complete on Epic. It had to be free; didn't buy it from Epic.
EDIT 2 - Wow! In 2021, Nioh Complete was free on Epic ->
Missed that, didn't have any PC gaming accounts setup until last year.

Fallout 4 didn't update, but I don't think it was because of the app manifest file being read only. It was because I had set it to update only on launch, and I haven't launched it. From what I've read, if I only launch the game through F4SE it should never update. But I havent tried that yet.

Yeah, Steam, GOG, PSN, XBL, etc - anywhere where ancient games that have been modded to heck & back get a new update centuries later, that NEW update should just be a separate entry on Steam (and other services) entirely.

Similar to how say Skyrim: Legendary (a.k.a. Old-Skyrim) was separate from Skyrim: Special and Anniversary; and say Wasteland 2 (Original Edition) is separate entry entirely from Wasteland 2: Director's Cut.

I do wonder if Beth will stick a "Downgrade option" to F4 Old-Gen in the Beta Section - they really should at this point, TBH.

At least GOG is pretty straight-forward with Galaxy: it's automatically on globally for updating - but it's easy enough to do for everything to not update or for you to go to a game in library and decide that specific game does (or doesn't) get update.

And at least GOG does have Downgraders within Galaxy, for key older-versions - i.e. see System Shock 1: Enhanced (newest version got stutters, get the PREVIOUS one that don't have it); Two Worlds II (version 1.x supports WorldMerge Mod, meanwhile version 2.x and up does NOT support it); etc etc.

Galaxy has been crying that Cyberpunk needs an update for months now since I turned it off before the expansion pack's update. I just have to remember to not click its update arrow in the list.

I'm playing FO76 for the first time.

Runs like butt, so prepare to do tweaks. You need to uncap your frame rate in the .ini and then recap it in your graphics management tool you use... Otherwise it tries to vsync stutters which makes the game herky jerky from 35-60fps, but uncapped, if you overproduce frames, it lurchs in a different way ... Sigh

I'm ignoring the online bull crap.

If you look hard enough, you can totally see the seams of where the content was at launch and where the Wastelanders was added. I couldn't imagine playing this without the Wastelanders patch, as it's been the most meaningful content.

Paying to fast travel is dumb and reminds me I'm playing an always online grinder game of sorts.

But otherwise, it looks good, it feels good to play, I don't miss VATS too much, but overall wish it just had an offline mode. Watching loot pop into crates and boxes due to server latency definitely breaks the illusion more than once.

The CAMP feature is pretty fun, too. I think I like it more than FO4, but I haven't played that since launch.

If you got it for cheap somewhere and haven't fired it up, it's been entertaining. Just don't rush out to buy it since someday the server will turn off.

Runs like butt, so prepare to do tweaks. You need to uncap your frame rate in the .ini and then recap it in your graphics management tool you use... Otherwise it tries to vsync stutters which makes the game herky jerky from 35-60fps, but uncapped, if you overproduce frames, it lurchs in a different way ... Sigh

If you look hard enough, you can totally see the seams of where the content was at launch and where the Wastelanders was added. I couldn't imagine playing this without the Wastelanders patch, as it's been the most meaningful content.

Paying to fast travel is dumb and reminds me I'm playing an always online grinder game of sorts.

But otherwise, it looks good, it feels good to play, I don't miss VATS too much, but overall wish it just had an offline mode. Watching loot pop into crates and boxes due to server latency definitely breaks the illusion more than once.

The CAMP feature is pretty fun, too. I think I like it more than FO4, but I haven't played that since launch.

If you got it for cheap somewhere and haven't fired it up, it's been entertaining. Just don't rush out to buy it since someday the server will turn off.

If you're on NVidia GPU: can't you just via the Nvidia Panel for F76 specifically just force VSync Off to get to 60fps+ and limit the fps to 60fps+ (or whatever the game supports)?

I'd guess if you're on say AMD GPU: you could do stuff similar to the above via their AMD panel?

It's basically what I did w/ F4: Next-Gen to get it performing good & smooth on my RTX 3070 desktop.

Last edited:
Banner of the Maid is an all-time low at $1.69. Is this game any good?
It's an srpg eng sub only Chinese language voice work. It's pretty difficult because enemies stats are usually much higher than your units and exp is super slow going to get. There's free maps to grind on for exp and later on Some give money. The early 2 the only money you can get is occasionally wine bottles drops.

I made it relatively far in but I'm mulling over dropping it due to loss conditions being any 2 units fainted or Paulina defeated. And the map hurls reinforcements at you.

If you do play it save the exp item and your skill scrolls. They are finite. And the exp item will give fixed exp despite characters levels so it'd be more useful past lv15-20.

Reply: Banner of the Maid.

So, is this supposed to be like a strategic-JRPG like a Shining Force 1 & 2 or say FF Tactics?
It's more like fire emblem and almost nothing like ff tactics. Most characters only have one promotion option. Some have 2 if you unlock them via optional maps.

The map difficulty is all over the place. With the earliest steep difficulty jump being big John little John double boss map. Since the map has multiple cannon long ranged units on top of the bosses keeping close proximity to each other, having class advantage to most of your units and the boss you defeat buffs the other boss the same turn.

But also usually defeat condition is the same as fire emblem where lord unit lost = game over. But in this they often have it any unit/s lost is game over. Typically 2.

Female units tend to have better unique skills and Stats than male units. With the exception of desaix.

Princess therese and the rifle character with the pet bird have probably the best skill. It's a semi gale force where if they kill a target using the finisher they get another turn.

Koi Farm is pretty neat. The breeding to create new patterns and colors mechanic is deeper than I expected, it's pretty sophisticated. I'm still trying to figure it out. The visuals are more beautiful than I expected also. I already got my $2 worth out of it, and have barely started.

One problem is I let my pond get too full and now its hard to find particular fish in it. That's on me I guess. I'm afraid to release fish in case I need them later. I really need to clear out my pond.

Last edited:
Koi Farm is pretty neat. The breeding to create new patterns and colors mechanic is deeper than I expected, it's pretty sophisticated. I'm still trying to figure it out. The visuals are more beautiful than I expected also. I already got my $2 worth out of it, and have barely started.

One problem is I let my pond get too full and now its hard to find particular fish in it. That's on me I guess. I'm afraid to release fish in case I need them later. I really need to clear out my pond.
Yea, I had the same issue. Its also really hard to see the coloring of new spawns until you make them into cards.

And white with black spots on yellow spots is different than white with yellow spots on black spots, etc.

I haven't figured it out fully, but it's like you breed white and yellow to get white with yellow spots, then breed that one with black.

I'm only done with the pink koi page, and might restart due to the amount I've kept. Wish there were sorting ponds.

Yea, I had the same issue. Its also really hard to see the coloring of new spawns until you make them into cards.

And white with black spots on yellow spots is different than white with yellow spots on black spots, etc.

I haven't figured it out fully, but it's like you breed white and yellow to get white with yellow spots, then breed that one with black.

I'm only done with the pink koi page, and might restart due to the amount I've kept. Wish there were sorting ponds.
I've thought about using the breeding pond to help sort. Like put all the black with white spots fish in there, look at em, release the ones I don't want, and put the remaining back into the main pond.

I'm on the page after the pink fish page, and I'm stuck. There are very specific shapes it wants that I don't know how to make. But I'm going to keep trying. And on that page is also a color I haven't seen yet. It took me a long time to make a pure pink fish.

Okay I solved those two things I was stuck on, and also cleared out my pond which helped a lot.

Last edited:
It's an srpg eng sub only Chinese language voice work. It's pretty difficult because enemies stats are usually much higher than your units and exp is super slow going to get. [snip]

Shadow:
The map difficulty is all over the place.

Are there multiple difficulties besides the default? Is there like Story Mode? Easy? Normal? Hard? Etc?

Also, how's the actual story & character development stuff? Or is this not a game focused on that stuff?

Some good Yakuza deals on Fanatical and Gamebillet. I might get Yakuza 6 since it's only 30fps on console.

Doesn't seem worth it to double dip on the remastered collection since they're apparently locked to 60fps on PC, same as console.

I quit after about a year of playing it, probably close to when they were about to release wastelanders actually and I had fun with it as a pure sandbox game. The experience back then was very Star Wars Galaxies where there were limited vendors and the best items were sold by players. No need for story or quest NPCs because the adventure was exploration and just leveling. That and player housing is hands down one of the best additions any game can have. I'd revisit it but sadly there will never be cross-platform saves, so chalk another one up to console wars.

Anyone know if old xbox codes still work for game pass?

If so, I have some 48 hour and one 12 month codes a regular can have. reply to this and pm me.

Gone.

Last edited:
I finished all the objectives in Koi Farm. If anyone is playing it I suggest reading the breeding guides in the community hub on Steam, because I found that it didn't work the way I expected and I wasted a lot of time. I ended up putting about 7 hours into the game.

Let me guess, the stupid green fish.
I got the rare fish pretty fast. When I wasted my time was trying to get certain colors and certain patterns by breeding based on my own logic, which did not match how the game works. I used the guide starting with the light gray fish, and it really helped speed things up. And I knew exactly how to get the patterns I needed.

Shadow:

Are there multiple difficulties besides the default? Is there like Story Mode? Easy? Normal? Hard? Etc?

Also, how's the actual story & character development stuff? Or is this not a game focused on that stuff?
There's 2 difficulties on a first playthrough. I'm playing on the supposed easier of the 2. 3rd difficulties on ng+ I read.

Story is more visual novel style. Mostly paulina dealing with her losses and ptsd from commanding her first battle off screen, insecurities on her power and navigating politics crap between the factions of Paris.

First few chapters are dealing with invading troops and revolutionary forces. Then it switches over to the "evil" maids group that each jabe their own powers. Most of the maids powers ate pretty useless for battle though. Outside the blonde who has sunlight as hers so she pulls an escanor.

Speaking of There's weather effects in combat which are a huge pain as most units use guns from rifles to muskets or cannons. Rain doubles units weapon usage counts. Most have 6 to 8 shots.
Paulina default gun has 4 iirc.

Last edited:
BTW does anyone ever go back to a game and after getting back into it (probably remembering forgotten mechanics) and then after a bit of time just complete it. I just did that with Aces & Adventures, which was a very good game. I was like I'm ready to do some more of the story and I finished off the story decks with the last 2 characters and noticed the other 2 decks available are the weird rogue lite mode with a lot of nodes. I pretty much finished it very quickly. A very nice game BTW. I feel silly for not completing it earlier.

Time to try Chrono Ark again especially since there is a new summer DLC with some summer outfits and items. I'm weak towards swimsuits as costumes in games. Give me luck as I remember Chrono Ark being very hard, but it is fully released now.

Helldivers 2 PC situation:

Notes:
- HellDivers 2 PC version (HD2) on Steam has been hit w/ Review Bombing on Steam.
- HD2 is now sitting at Overwhelmingly Negative reviews from Steam-users, if you check it on Steam.
- HD2 soon will require linking your PSN-account (or creating a new one) to play the game period very soon.
- HD2 did not launch with that requirement on PC...
- ...even despite saying that the game required PSN on the side of the Steam page for HD2.
- Arrowhead is also not getting along w/ Sony and said this is not their decision, for PSN to be a requirement for their game.
- They (Sony) postponed the PSN-requirement b/c of issues w/ it by Launch Time and to get the game up on PC.
- Around 60% of sales for HD2 has came from the PC version over on Steam.
- HD2 Steam-users are upset over the change being made, in which they'll need PSN for numerous reasons.
- Namely, most users on Steam want Steam and nothing else for DRM, services, etc. on that store...
- Also, there's Sony's track record w/ being hacked over the years and/or some don't supply their data over to Sony anyways.
- Also, some regions & areas don't support PSN, so those gamers could get locked out of a game they already paid money to play.
- Around 177 countries, regions, territories and/or locations do NOT support PSN at all.
- Recently, Sony with HD2 on Steam has now removed purchase of the game from 177 locations.
- Sony's basically doubling-down on the PSN requirement plans.
- Steam has also been issuing refunds to those who asked for it, even after playing for over 2 hours and/or from those countries.

Sources:
-> https://www.videogameschronicle.com...he-year-so-far-with-nearly-60-of-sales-on-pc/
-> https://www.pcgamer.com/games/third...er-its-controversial-psn-sign-in-requirement/
-> https://www.gamesandwich.com/news/s...ivers-2-following-playstation-sign-in-fiasco/
-> https://www.pcgamer.com/games/third...arrowhead-ceo-says-i-dont-have-the-final-say/
-> See Internet, Twitter, and Steam Reviews for more info on complaints over this stuff.

Last edited:
Going to do the usual stuff that I always intend to do but will try to play at least 3 new to me Steam games a day until I hopefully have tried out my whole backlog. They will get around 10-15 minutes each and I'll write an initial impression blurb. I'll do the installing a day before to hopefully get a good rhythm. If anyone has any suggestions from newer bundles or something you can message me and I'll put that up in my queue. Look forward to it.

The HD2 situation is hilarious and a perfect example of what game companies should not be doing. Sony censoring things in the new stellar blade game, the PS+ price increases and now this Helldivers stuff can help kill a console. They had the PSN requirement planned 6 months before release. Sony and the devs knew. Technical at launch issues meant they turned it off for PC but they've been selling the game on Steam in 177 countries that can't get a PSN account. Idiocy all around.

At this point, the only sony games I'd buy on PC are ones they sell on GoG. I already dont use my PS4 anymore besides single player stuff so no loss there. I don't care to spend $500+ to play a hot babe stellar blade simulator so why buy a PS5? That and $80/year for PS+ online play? Rip off city.

Oh, and since I got Helldivers2 from Humble, I doubt I'd get any refund.

Thinking of grabbing a trackball. Anyone have experience?
I'm more of a thumb-ball preferer, such as the Logitech MX Ergo or M575. I have an older M570 that I was still using until recently. I do think you can get better resolution with a larger ball and palm/fingertip use, but going back and forth with a traditional mouse, my clicking fingers had better muscle memory using the thumb mounted trackball.

The HD2 situation is hilarious and a perfect example of what game companies should not be doing. Sony censoring things in the new stellar blade game, the PS+ price increases and now this Helldivers stuff can help kill a console. They had the PSN requirement planned 6 months before release. Sony and the devs knew. Technical at launch issues meant they turned it off for PC but they've been selling the game on Steam in 177 countries that can't get a PSN account. Idiocy all around.

At this point, the only sony games I'd buy on PC are ones they sell on GoG. I already dont use my PS4 anymore besides single player stuff so no loss there. I don't care to spend $500+ to play a hot babe stellar blade simulator so why buy a PS5? That and $80/year for PS+ online play? Rip off city.

Oh, and since I got Helldivers2 from Humble, I doubt I'd get any refund.

About Sony games going to GOG on the PC - I'd be curious if Ghost of Tsushima goes there & with what kind of support.

So, if something like GoT does go there to GOG, will it be without the MP at all and only w/ the SP portion, like EYE Divine Cybermancy did?
Or will the GOG version be w/ MP tied to it, but that part gets re-worked for Galaxy?

Glad to see Sony cave though on HD2 PC on Steam, since at launch everybody was playing it and now they can keep that going.

Look into vertical mice first, because trackballs aren't great (even though I use one as a secondary)

It’s not for ergonomics, it’s because I do a lot of my computing in front of a TV instead of at a desk these days, so I’m looking for something I can put on an armrest or side table. Besides, I’m way more used to trackpads than mice, anyway. I haven’t gamed with a mouse since the mid-00s.

bread's done
Back