Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I could have sworn Steam used to let you turn off updates via properties on a game. These days it is just update priorities and the only way to stop them is the method in the video or to roll back to a "beta" version if that is available. Then you have some games like Paradoxs' games where you have to get a special key from their forums to do the roll back because of some EU law.

I don't know if it works but one Youtube video said to set the update restriction period from like 8pm to 8pm so that it gave not even one second of time for Steam to update anything, and then it wouldn't. I was skeptical about whether that would work though, I wonder if it does. The read-only manifest file sounded like a safer bet to me.

Kingdom Come: Deliverance 1 & 2 Info.

KCD2 Trailer has leaked out.

KCD: Royal Edition (KCD with all DLC's) is on sale (almost) everywhere for PC and consoles [digital downloads]:

KCD Royal PC version for Steam:

-> KCD: Royal Ed. on Steam (KCD & All DLC's) = $7.99 -> https://store.steampowered.com/sub/368776/
-> KCD: Collection on Steam (KCR Royal & Extras) [Complete-A-Bundle] = Check pricing based on what you own -> https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/10287/Kingdom_Come_Deliverance_Collection/

KCD Royal PC versions on GOG [DRM-FREE version]:
-- KC: Royal for GOG on PC (KCD + all DLC's) = $7.99 -> https://www.gog.com/en/game/kingdom_come_deliverance_royal_edition
-- KC: Royal DLC Upgrade on PC (requires KCD base on GOG to get these DLC's Only there) = $6.99-> https://www.gog.com/en/game/kingdom_come_deliverance_royal_dlc_package

KCD Royal Edition - Console versions:
-- KC: Royal on Xbox Consoles (X1, XSS, XSX) [digital download] = $3.99 -> https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/store/kingdom-come-deliverance-royal-edition/BQJKD0DJ1Q8J
-- KC: Royal on PS4 console [digital download] = $3.99 -> https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP2047-CUSA15610_00-KCDROYALEDITION0

Note:
-- If you bought GOG RPG Bundle from Humble at the end of last year, you probably own KCD base-game on GOG (it was in there).

Last edited:
I'm extremely excited for KCD2, even moreso that it's supposedly coming out this year (according to that IGN mini-trailer leak or whatever it was).

What I am NOT excited about is that it's published by Deep Silver, which has a nasty habit of doing timed Epic Exclusivity bullshit. I sincerely hope they don't pull that stunt with this game.

Anyone know if I can use a Steam key from Play-Asia labeled "Europe version"? Might cave and finally get Total War Three Kingdoms from them for $13.

If it's labeled as a Europe key then it's only supposed to be activated on a European account. This is what you're looking at I'm assuming?

If you're in a non-European area you'll want the Region Free version:

Whelp, Moon Studios fucked up the launch of No Rest for the Wicked by being in a fairly bad state (EA is not an excuse, see Palworld or Enshrouded launches). Mixed reviews, about 50/50 split due to price ($40 for EA? GTFO), performance issues, bugs, no multiplayer, crashes, controls, etc. I only found out yesterday before launch that they had dropped coop for launch and will put it back in for the first major update. Lost a sale from us because that was the entire reason we wanted to play, in coop. No telling when that will actually get patched in and now it's questionable how well it will even work seeing the state of the game.

Extremely disappointed in them for advertising the game as MP, then pulling out the rug a month before their EA launch. Why not delay EA until you had MP working, Moon? Had I not been paying attention, we would have been blindsided and demanding a refund. Shameful.

If it's labeled as a Europe key then it's only supposed to be activated on a European account. This is what you're looking at I'm assuming?

If you're in a non-European area you'll want the Region Free version:

Yeah I guess I'll keep waiting, it was around $14 last year region free. Those Total War games really hold their value. Guess I can try to finish Attila first.

Welp I had no plans to buy a Steam Deck but the refurbs were listed today. Got the 64gb for $279 and will upgrade the SSD later. Good decision or did I 🤬 up? I don’t have enough gaming funds to jump for the OLED.

Welp I had no plans to buy a Steam Deck but the refurbs were listed today. Got the 64gb for $279 and will upgrade the SSD later. Good decision or did I 🤬 up? I don’t have enough gaming funds to jump for the OLED.
Good decision on the 64gb model. Separate ssd install is cheap and easy. I personally would have spent the extra $70 for a new model through steam (converting GS trade credit to steam gc in-store). But depending on what exactly you get it might work out for you.

Good decision on the 64gb model. Separate ssd install is cheap and easy. I personally would have spent the extra $70 for a new model through steam (converting GS trade credit to steam gc in-store). But depending on what exactly you get it might work out for you.
Yeah true, hopefully the refurbs from Valve are good. I’d mainly be worried about battery life I guess, but at least it has a one year warranty overall.

I’m one of those people who has never touched a mechanical keyboard, but I’m curious. Can anyone tell me what this actually means?

“Kailh Box Switch V2 White. Dye-sub PBT keycaps. Top mount style. Hot-swappable PCB. Support n-key rollover.”

I’m one of those people who has never touched a mechanical keyboard, but I’m curious. Can anyone tell me what this actually means?

“Kailh Box Switch V2 White. Dye-sub PBT keycaps. Top mount style. Hot-swappable PCB. Support n-key rollover.”
First is the switch type, it's what makes it sound/actuate different when you press down on the key. Some switches are very loud for example, while others are quieter or actuate in the middle of the key press rather than needing to be fully pressed down. There's a million different switch types so you're better off researching them if you want to know anything specific

Second is the material of the key, it affects the durability of the key so that lettering and shit wears out faster or takes longer.

Third I honestly have no idea.

4th means that the switches can be changed out for a different switch type if you so desire.

5th means that all keys can be pressed simultaneously and be recognized at the same time. Many non-mechanical keyboards lack this feature and can only handle a few being activated at the same time.

I might be slightly off with some of that but that's what I recognize from my mech keyboard lingo

Spoder's got most of it right.

The white Kailh switch is a clicky switch (Cherry MX Blue are the most known of the clickies)

Dye-sub is how the legend gets on the keys, and specifically it's etched into blank keys, then the etching filled with paint. (The more expensive option is the keycaps were molded with the legend masked off, and a different color plastic injected into the space).

PBT is the material, and compared ABS (what you're probably familiar with using), it resists shine after long usage.

Mount style is the way the PCB is mounted to the case. In this case, the PCB is mounted to a plate, then that plate is mounted hanging from the case.

The hot swappable thing, switches generally have 3 or 5 pins. That's the main part you might have to watch out for. You likely won't keep the white switches, but maybe you like clicky switches, idk.

If a store tried that on me, I wouldn't send a pic of my ID. That seems risky.
Not sure I see what the problem is. I'll even share mine here:

61DpzbmqsWL.jpg

But seriously, thanks, now I kinda get it. Armed with that knowledge and based on some reviews, I went ahead and grabbed this 8bitdo thing for $70 off Woot. Seemed like a decent option for entry level, though I probably got robbed.
It's supposed to be a pretty decent keyboard for the price. I've considered getting it. The one thing its missing is backlit keys but if you don't need that then it should be solid

Well I loved that Minishoot Adventures demo so I bought it. Then bought two gift copies for some friends that had given me some games recently. I hope this game has great success and they make either some free updates, dlc or a sequel. Recommended!

That 8bitdo is a solid entry level mech keyboard. I like the Famicom one but the "RETRO KEYBOARD" text plastered on the case looks really tacky (IMO) and it lacks a tenkey which is a must for me (and not backlit as mentioned by spoderman). Those are my preferences though so if none of that is important to you it is definitely a quality keeb for the price.

I have had a normal sized keyboard all my life, when I got a Keychron mechanical keyboard (first mechanical) I went with a 75% size one and regret it. I still haven't adjusted to the layout, and there are useful keys missing. Other than the 75% adjustment, it is very nice. And heavy as a rock.

I fell into the mechanical keyboard hole a little over a year ago. 75% is probably my favorite layout. I thought I could never live without a numpad, but even down to 65% I'm fine. 60% and below is mostly not for me. I do have a compact 1800 layout on my office computer as the numpad there does make data entry more efficient, though I'd rather have a southpaw layout.

This guide on the Nexusmod forums explains how to stop Steam from updating Fallout 4, and it has more steps than just setting the manifest file to read only. They tell you to edit the manifest file in Notepad, but only after the update is out. You trick Steam into thinking the game is already updated. I don't know if this editing in notepad is necessary or not.

Last edited:
Last edited:
I’m sick and goddamn tired of salted caramel being the only caramel option you can find… pretty much anywhere. It’s been like this for something on the order of a decade now. If other people want to eat that crap, fine, but let me buy unsalted caramel, why is this so hard!?

Ahem. Also, uh, pizza?

I’m sick and goddamn tired of salted caramel being the only caramel option you can find… pretty much anywhere. It’s been like this for something on the order of a decade now. If other people want to eat that crap, fine, but let me buy unsalted caramel, why is this so hard!?

Ahem. Also, uh, pizza?
If you just want caramels on their own, not a flavoring in something else, Look in the baking section near the chocolate chips for Kraft baking caramels. Little squares of caramels.

Ahem. Also, uh, pizza?

Brach's caramels are the same as they've always been as far as I can tell and still the goat imo.

Steam related - to anyone who has opted in to the new family sharing, what does it do to your existing family sharing setup? Is it just wiped away completely and you have to start over? Does it continue to exist alongside the new setup but separate? Does it transfer automatically? I'm a little worried what's going to happen when the change rolls out because I have family access setup on my computer from an ex I don't talk to any more and I'll be sad if I'm just going to lose access to it.

Play-Asia is doing some more Steam bundles and there are some good choices in there:

Here are a few of the standouts:

3 for $15 BUNDLE
-Pocket Bravery
-Eastward
-Life Is Strange: True Colors
-Postal 4: No Regerts

2 for $40 BUNDLE
-Trials of Mana
-Robocop: Rogue City (Alex Murphy Edition)
-Tactics Ogre: Reborn
-Sea of Stars
-Exoprimal
-NieR Replicant
-A Plague Tale: Requiem

Brach's caramels are the same as they've always been as far as I can tell and still the goat imo.

Steam related - to anyone who has opted in to the new family sharing, what does it do to your existing family sharing setup? Is it just wiped away completely and you have to start over? Does it continue to exist alongside the new setup but separate? Does it transfer automatically? I'm a little worried what's going to happen when the change rolls out because I have family access setup on my computer from an ex I don't talk to any more and I'll be sad if I'm just going to lose access to it.

In my case the games that were previously shared with my kid before automatically were shared in the new UI. The new UI and sharing system is much much better. Only downside is I can't figure out bidirectional sharing. My kid has some games I got for him that I might want to play, but I don't see how to share them back to me.

Play-Asia is doing some more Steam bundles and there are some good choices in there:

Here are a few of the standouts:

3 for $15 BUNDLE
-Pocket Bravery
-Eastward
-Life Is Strange: True Colors
-Postal 4: No Regerts

2 for $40 BUNDLE
-Trials of Mana
-Robocop: Rogue City (Alex Murphy Edition)
-Tactics Ogre: Reborn
-Sea of Stars
-Exoprimal
-NieR Replicant
-A Plague Tale: Requiem
Reminder that eXceed 3rd: Jade Penetrate Black Package is a delisted shmup that Play Asia still has codes at this time.

$40 bundle also includes Remant II and Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader.

I think I'm getting the $15 bundle for Eastward, Dodgeball Academia, and Bookwalker

Last edited:
Fallout 4 - Next-Gen Issues on PC.

Hope everyone backed-up ahead of time their game-installers (if on GOG), their game-folder, their saves, their mods, etc.

F4 Next-Gen Update's out on Steam and it broke mods, broke saves using mods, performance is much worse, and other stuff:
-> https://www.pcgamer.com/games/fallo...-saves-and-doesnt-seem-to-change-much-at-all/

F4 Next-Gen Update's delayed on GOG, for now:
-> https://www.gog.com/forum/general/f...ing_but_will_likely_be_slightly_delayed/page1

Ive only just started a save on Steam version, tis an experiment to see if it goes bad. I downloaded the GoG version a couple of months ago to have old installers.

Newegg has Nioh (1) Complete for $10.99. Kinda tempting after getting Nioh 2 in the Humble Bundle choice.

EDIT: Actually seeing $9.54 on Humble, not sure if I'm getting an extra discount or not

Last edited:
Yeah, Steam, GOG, PSN, XBL, etc - anywhere where ancient games that have been modded to heck & back get a new update centuries later, that NEW update should just be a separate entry on Steam (and other services) entirely.

Similar to how say Skyrim: Legendary (a.k.a. Old-Skyrim) was separate from Skyrim: Special and Anniversary; and say Wasteland 2 (Original Edition) is separate entry entirely from Wasteland 2: Director's Cut.

I do wonder if Beth will stick a "Downgrade option" to F4 Old-Gen in the Beta Section - they really should at this point, TBH.

At least GOG is pretty straight-forward with Galaxy: it's automatically on globally for updating - but it's easy enough to do for everything to not update or for you to go to a game in library and decide that specific game does (or doesn't) get update.

And at least GOG does have Downgraders within Galaxy, for key older-versions - i.e. see System Shock 1: Enhanced (newest version got stutters, get the PREVIOUS one that don't have it); Two Worlds II (version 1.x supports WorldMerge Mod, meanwhile version 2.x and up does NOT support it); etc etc.

Newegg has Nioh (1) Complete for $10.99. Kinda tempting after getting Nioh 2 in the Humble Bundle choice.

EDIT: Actually seeing $9.54 on Humble, not sure if I'm getting an extra discount or not

IIRC, Nioh 1 Complete was free on Epic before - if one's tolerant of Epic. So, check Epic, if you're tolerant of them - check and see if you got it there first.
Otherwise those are some good deals on Nioh 1 Complete, if you need to have it on Steam for [insert reasons here].

EDIT - I just checked; yeah, I got Nioh 1 Complete on Epic. It had to be free; didn't buy it from Epic.
EDIT 2 - Wow! In 2021, Nioh Complete was free on Epic ->

Last edited:
bread's done
Back