Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
You guys had to summon it. Talking about hardware is to him what mentioning DRM is to you-know-who or saying Meka Leka Hi Meka Hiney Ho in front of Pee Wee Herman.

Some people swear by the original version.

Doom 3: BFG uses a different version of lighting + shadows which many feel is too bright in BFG & there's the new thing of the flashlight now attached to the gun (which some feel can also keep the game feeling too bright).

In Doom 3 original, as a game-mechanic - flashlight was attached to the gun, so you had to switch quickly b/t gun and flashlight. For some that dug the mechanic, it made the game feel way more intense + kept the atmosphere often darker.

Plus, there's the other thing - Doom 3 BFG runs on the Id Tech 5 (AKA Rage Engine).
you mean in Doom 3 original, flashlight was NOT ATTACHED to the gun.

also, modding ability was crippled and locked down in BFG edition, said the purists

well, it seems like a personal fan club in this thread. some1 cannot keep my balls out of his mouth.

i know you are in love with me, but i don't swing that way, especially with a guy( any1) who pretends to be a furry on the internet. i only go for females .

Last edited by a moderator:
you mean in Doom 3 original, flashlight was NOT ATTACHED to the gun.

also, modding ability was crippled and locked down in BFG edition, said the purists
Whoops - left the NOT out. Fixed that.

About modding locked in BFG - well, didn't know that. Add that to the list of issues, if you're a purist.

I have Doom 3 regular + ROE from retail. Getting BFG cheap like this and putting it on Steam, this stops me from breaking the discs out.

Also, if you don't have Ultimate Doom 1 and Doom 2 - buying D3: BFG Edition could be another reason to jump on this deal. What sucks is Final Doom isn't even included in this BFG pack.

Though, I really don't know how much CAG's already don't have some copy of Ultimate Doom 1, Doom 2, and Final Doom by now - whether from Steam or retail. They've been really cheap, times before. Plus, it's easy enough to find a Source Port to run the classic Dooms on, anyways.

EDIT:

Interesting. Looks like Doom 2: No Rest for the Living expansion (former XBLA exclusive developed by Nerve Software) is included Doom 3 BFG exclusive:

http://doom.wikia.com/wiki/Doom_3:_BFG_Edition

So, for Doom fans - there's another reason to think about Doom 3 BFG. Not sure how great that episode is, though.

Doom 3: BFG also comes w/ Doom 3: Lost Episodes, which isn't found anywhere else. Not sure how good that is either, though.

well, it seems like a personal fan club in this thread. some1 cannot keep my balls out of his mouth.

i know you are in love with me, but i don't swing that way, especially with a guy( any1) who pretends to be a furry on the internet. i only go for females .
plz try to stay on topic unless there is a game on sale about balls in mouths this post is off topic sry

In Doom 3 original, as a game-mechanic - flashlight was NOT attached to the gun, so you had to switch quickly b/t gun and flashlight.
Or do like I did and mod a flashlight onto my weapon the moment I installed the game. What a stupid notion to assume that space marines couldn't figure out how to duct tape a light onto a gun.

ftfy

well, the guy with that amd 8gb vram sure can use 1000 w psu, plus it makes for good fourth of july fireworks candidate , being listed as tier 3- 4 psu quality
That's me! It's been a day or 2 since I boasted about it. Thanks for the assist on the internet epeen.

According to some site things on the interwebs, specifically http://www.extreme.outervision.com/PSUEngine, I should come in under 600 w, about 560, so...

Everyone can all rest easy tonight. We've successfully climbed another mountain/finished the marathon/aborted the unwanted/landed on the moon... again... you and I.

Together

forever

and never to part
Nah, sounds like your current PSU sucks ybbcx638479 balls. You should just throw it out and by throw it out I mean mail it to me and buy a real mans balls out PSU. Something in the 10,000 watt range where you need a 220V hookup for it. You can dry your laundry on your computer that way.

Nah, sounds like your current PSU sucks ybbcx638479 balls. You should just throw it out and by throw it out I mean mail it to me and buy a real mans balls out PSU. Something in the 10,000 watt range where you need a 220V hookup for it. You can dry your laundry on your computer that way.
awesome-center-redux-what-o.gif

Honestly, I don't think you can handle that kind of power.

Or do like I did and mod a flashlight onto my weapon the moment I installed the game. What a stupid notion to assume that space marines couldn't figure out how to duct tape a light onto a gun.
Well i doubt that they could figure that out, to be honest. They're space marines not space engineers.

https://twitter.com/thexpaw/status/625222251525349376

It's fixed, so no need to enter in panic.

Or if you want to do, I would like to know from MysterD if we all CAGs can enter in his bunker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SazFfKCdgO4

https://uk.gamesplanet.com/game/dark-souls-ii-scholar-of-the-first-sin-steam-key--1003-3

Scholar of the First Sin is cheaper than the upgrade. fuck why am i thinking about fakeybroing this?
If you absolutely loved & played the hell out of the original Dark Souls game - then sure, no wonder you want to fakeybro a sequel.

I know that for me personally, it's very hard to NOT fakeybro RPG's - in particular especially Bethesda + BioWare RPG's. Those are normally my favorite type of games to fakeybro b/c I love RPG's & especially b/c they normally are time-sinks w/ lots of content. To me, those always feel like in the grand scheme of things, they're worth the money and my time.

We all have certain things that we'll fakeybro and are weak for. It's just the way it is.

I'm still surprised I haven't fakeybro'd WWE 2K15 PC, TBH - especially when it was 67% off recently + contains all the DLC's (except Paige). We all know how big of a wrestling fan I am & we ain't had a WWE game here in on PC in about a decade. Last WWE game I played was probably Smackdown 2 on the PSX.

Yeah, we know VAT sucks. That's why GTX 970 costs 400€ vs $300.

On otherhand Ubisoft & EA are awesome on their older games when it comes to EU pricing.

I just got a coupon from GMG / Playfire for ESO at 23% off.

They should've had this coupon when ESO was on 75% off like it was recently.

Yeah, we know VAT sucks. That's why GTX 970 costs 400€ vs $300.

On otherhand Ubisoft & EA are awesome on their older games when it comes to EU pricing.
We have taxes too in the US. They just don't factor them into the price, we get hit with them at the checkout.

If you buy a video card in a store in most states you will get hit with tax. Online Amazon has started collecting tax in multiple states now and for others it depends on if that seller has any physical locations in your state.

Newegg I believe only collects tax in a couple of states. Technically, you're still supposed to report it yourself and pay it but no one does. :p

For Valve they collect sales tax in Washington state, their home state, but also other online digital retailers based in the US like Amazon and Gamestop collect tax in multiple states.

MysterD said:
I just got a coupon from GMG / Playfire for ESO at 23% off.
They should've had this coupon when ESO was on 75% off like it was recently.
They had the 20% coupon then that stacked with the 75% off. That's still cheaper than it's ever been anywhere else and close enough.

The [customspoiler=Fallout Anthology]
h4kju55.jpg
[/customspoiler] is the #1 selling PC game on Amazon right now and #4 in all video games period. It's mostly console people buying it for the plastic bomb, apparently.

The [customspoiler=Fallout Anthology]
h4kju55.jpg
[/customspoiler] is the #1 selling PC game on Amazon right now and #4 in all video games period. It's mostly console people buying it for the plastic bomb, apparently.
All you need to do is read the Golden Crisp thread to see the depths of derp that console peasants will descend into in order to make $10 on the margins.

Oh yeah. I'm sure they wouldn't know what the hell to do with a PC game if it smacked them in the face and intend to flip that shit on eBay.

Oh yeah. I'm sure they wouldn't know what the hell to do with a PC game if it smacked them in the face and intend to flip that shit on eBay.
[WANT]

Fallout Anthology case

[HAVE]

Bundle-trash games PC gamers don't want, but console gamers just converting to PC might want.

All you need to do is read the Golden Crisp thread to see the depths of derp that console peasants will descend into in order to make $10 on the margins.
Well you save $10 and also get $15 back in credit to use on the store if you're a rewards member when preordering a game so it's far more than just saying $10 bucks. Stacks up to three times so you could save $30 and get $45 in credit.

Well you save $10 and also get $15 back in credit to use on the store if you're a rewards member when preordering a game so it's far more than just saying $10 bucks. Stacks up to three times so you could save $30 and get $45 in credit.
They don't actually stack (meaning you can't use the code three times on the same item). You can get the $15 credit up to three times on three different items. But that's irrelevant because you can get the credit without needing the cereal coupon. You also have to take into account the cost of the cereal and gas and time. I'm thinking the savings are closer to $8 to $6 off than $10 off.

I mean, I've gone to target to get a bag of cheetos for PvZ: GW DLC so I wouldn't say it isn't necessarily worth it, but I do think people are trying to do too much to make the deal seem way better than it really is.

That shit's too complicated. Ya'll console types are always doing backflips on a new moon on Tuesday with your cousins aunt's sister's dog to price match Target to Kmart to Walmart to return at Best buy with a membership to get a target card for 15% off to sell on eBay to sell on Craig's list etc etc.

I'd rather just buy shit cheap.

That shit's too complicated. Ya'll console types are always doing backflips on a new moon on Tuesday with your cousins aunt's sister's dog to price match Target to Kmart to Walmart to return at Best buy with a membership to get a target card for 15% off to sell on eBay to sell on Craig's list etc etc.

So much easier to just buy a game on GamesPlanet (or any other digital store); get the Steam key; download game; and be done with it.

lostnumber does backflips on a new moon on tuesday with his cousin's aunt's sister's dog but he also does them with his mom's pastor's doctor's hot dog vendor's cat so im not sure where that leaves us

All I know is that they're total nerds. Gotta use your 50,000 Gamestop Bunny Whiskers to get a keychain signed by the assistant character designer for Defiance and a free carabiner shaped like Kathy Griffin's thighs.

I'm very, personally, happy to now be on the PC side of gaming and all, but the way y'all go on an on about 'console peasants' make y'all seem like dicks. Why all the animosity? Is there some envy or something? 

BTW: The best "Envy"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYVbk1iv5d0

I'm very, personally, happy to now be on the PC side of gaming and all, but the way y'all go on an on about 'console peasants' make y'all seem like dicks. Why all the animosity? Is there some envy or something?

BTW: The best "Envy"
Some idiots didn't pick up on the whole PC Master Race sarcasm and think they're in good company.

Some of it is sarcasm and humor. Some of it is bewilderment over the lengths that people will go to for a 'deal'.

If people want to do all that then fine whatever floats your boat have at it. At the same time you also have to realize that one of the major appeals of modern PC gaming is convenience and if you come into the PC thread talking about things like hauling your butt out to multiple stores and price matching most of us are going to see that as too much work.

/SeriousTalk

lostnumber does backflips on a new moon on tuesday with his cousin's aunt's sister's dog but he also does them with his mom's pastor's doctor's hot dog vendor's cat so im not sure where that leaves us
Do you miss me that much that you just decide to mention me when I don't even post here anymore?

If you wouldn't have mentioned my name I wouldn't have shown up again for another month at least and another two months after that.

Last edited:
bread's done
Back