Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Now you're replying to your own posts. When is Wapner on?
I am not Waabulo!

Also, if you're worried about when the Judge is on - go check your local TV listings.

EDIT:

See here:

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/341407-steam-deals-mega-thread-all-pc-gaming-deals/?p=12879969

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a couple people on my friendslist who still play regularly. Haven't played recently, myself.
You're the only other person on my list who has it, as far as I know. Not counting the possiblity that someone else has a non-Steam copy of the game.

It's pretty fun just to free roam the game with the Native Trainer. Wish I had more Vram so I could run it at a better texture setting than normal.

The Steam community hub for that game is quite cancerous, however.

However, my PS3 mainly serves as a bluray player i.e. Redbox rental or streaming Netflix.
464601-97156.png

just started mgs v: ground zeroes on the ps3 (I know blasphemy) and damn all the memories from playing mgs 3, mgs 4 & the hate/love relationship of mgo just came back to me. an open world phantom pain is going to be crazy (or kray kray for the kids). 

In theory, Besiege is well worth its modest "full" price.  In actuality, physics simulation sandbox games mainly exist to remind me how much I suck at physics simulation sandboxes.

I saw those earlier but couldn't find a single thing I'd recommend buying so I didn't post it.
My problem with a sale that calls itself 'Indie" is that I can't look at any of those games and not think 'bundle'. I'm sure most people here feel exactly the same way.

I'm not sure these are even useful anymore, but in case they are and someone could get use out of it

Diablo III guest pass

YCREDH-MEND-EXWPFG-VDCR-G6FRCY

BWBCYE-7BT7-ZFF72C-FMZ2-CCBE7P

R4MWDR-JVRM-TDCM2M-2XKN-YMVVER

T8WB92-YMHK-99RBJV-MYEC-ZVB6FB

I'm not sure these are even useful anymore, but in case they are and someone could get use out of it

Diablo III guest pass

yeah i dont think they are...the starter edition of D3 is currently free to anyone with a battle.net account

Diablo III guest pass

Thanks for the sacrifice to MysterD regardless.

Huh, didn't know the original Airline Tycoon got added to Steam. Hopefully it get bundled soon in a cheap tier, not paying $10 for a game from 1998 no matter how much I like it (plus still have the CD for it somewhere).

1 is muuucchhhh better then 2 by the way. Biggest gain I can think of/remember is the planes are all real (unlike the shitty ones put in 2).

Question.

Is the new Mad Max game gonna be bad ass or just ass?

Have there been any indications whatsoever?
I'm thinking that it might be like Serious Sam 3. They thought it was good enough to release as a stand-alone and not a movie tie-in, so that's somewhat promising--at least it won't be all about a damn road.

Question.

Is the new Mad Max game gonna be bad ass or just ass?

Have there been any indications whatsoever?
Part of me thinks it's going to be ass, because movie game. The other part of me sees Avalanche and thinks it could be incredible.

The other other part of me remembers that I already pre-ordered Just Cause 3.

The other other other part of me is watching the gameplay videos that popped up a couple days ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9axj3WCdgw

Not sure about the on-foot stuff and the plot, but that storm at ~14 minutes into the video kinda gets me excited.

Part of me thinks it's going to be ass, because movie game. The other part of me sees Avalanche and thinks it could be incredible.

The other other part of me remembers that I already pre-ordered Just Cause 3.

The other other other part of me is watching the gameplay videos that popped up a couple days ago.

Not sure about the on-foot stuff and the plot, but that storm at ~14 minutes into the video kinda gets me excited.
Looks good it was either this or MGS V but I went with MGS now to wait for this game to go on sale lol

Worryingly I think I might end up Fakeying Mad Max. It certainly looks like something I'll enjoy and my feeling is that at worst it could just be "kinda ok".

Oh god it's going to suck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9axj3WCdgw
Okay, it's a Saints Row clone, meaning it'll be great for some people but will lack staying power.

It's Mad Max. It needs to be action-packed. The movie starts out crazy, and this needed to be crazy as well, not just another open-world game.

Okay, it's a Saints Row clone, meaning it'll be great for some people but will lack staying power.

It's Mad Max. It needs to be action-packed. The movie starts out crazy, and this needed to be crazy as well, not just another open-world game.
I don't know if Avalanche makes normal games.

Just Cause games are a blast w/ their stunt-crazy stuff that you can do in their huge sandbox.

I think some of the Just Cause mechanics will work well in a Mad Max game. Mad Max game better have car-jumping, car-surfing, car-fighting, fighting on top of cars, poles on cars that you can vault from, and other madness we've seen in Mad Max movies + in some of Avalanche's Just Cause games.

Worryingly I think I might end up Fakeying Mad Max. It certainly looks like something I'll enjoy and my feeling is that at worst it could just be "kinda ok".

I just Funstockeybro'd it after watching that entire video. $27.43. 50% off with the voucher: AUG-COUPRED-PRE30

I'll start preparing my g2aesque rant in two weeks when my key is revoked.

edit: Doesn't have multiplayer, but it does have leaderboards...

edit edit: pretty sure $27.43 isn't actually 50% off, but i'm no number muncher

edit edit edit: conversion rates are confusing

My gut feeling is it'll be a pretty decent, not great game.

I'm probably wrong and it will be on par with Superman 64

I don't know if Avalanche makes normal games.

Just Cause games are a blast w/ their stunt-crazy stuff that you can do in their huge sandbox.

I think some of the Just Cause mechanics will work well in a Mad Max game. Mad Max game better have car-jumping, car-surfing, car-fighting, fighting on top of cars, poles on cars that you can vault from, and other madness we've seen in Mad Max movies + in some of Avalanche's Just Cause games.
To me, a Mad Max game shouldn't have the down-time associated with open-world games. Hell, the Mad Max franchise itself evolved from the slowness of the first one into the psychotic adrenaline rush of Fury Road.

I skipped over the part where you guys said it was developed by the Just Cause company because it's not that type of series. It's like, if they had made Duke Nukem Forever a tactical FPS game like everyone wished it was when they gave it shitty reviews. No, sorry, we already have games with stories centered around that play-style; we don't need to give every classic franchise the mainstream overhaul. It worries me how much unimportant, contrived bloat this game will have to flesh the Mad Max canon out. I really hate missions.

I personally don't like the Just Cause series, anyway. Saints Row is good, but Just Cause is boring garbage to me.

That's funny.. if it wasn't for TV and voice commands.. my XBO would never be turned on.. I just pulled my PS4 out for the first time since launch since I got Infinity 3.0 on it.  I'm so sick of the WiiU that I'm going to train the young-me's on it.  

This weekend has been pretty meh though.  They need to get their butts back into school.

BTW - when's the next D3 expansion or D4 coming?
Season 3 is reportedly ending after tonight and patch 2.3 going live after the 8/25 maintenance. Season 4 with 2.3 should start shortly thereafter. Kanai's cube and a couple of tweeks here and there will be the main focus.

If Blizzard would do another expansion, they should try for more than 1 added class. Of course, that is just my opinion.

bread's done
Back