Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Well, there are some exceptions to the rule, they say

Meat -> Sausages (for girls looking guy); Ham (for guys looking girl).
Fish -> Trout (both sexes to refer to homosexuals).

Why do I feel I'm a doctor in this theme.....
grandpa_e3efae_976974.gif

Yep... just another day in this thread....

Truly left me speechless this time. (except for this...)

So Bioshock Infinite... I can only hold two guns... in an FPS.

Would you kindly allow me to use more weapons.
Why do you want to hold more than two guns at once? Most of them suck, anyway; you're supposed to use powers more often. And you've got an arm bludgeon-type thing instead of a wrench, that was your thing in the first game.

Last edited by a moderator:
So Bioshock Infinite... I can only hold two guns... in an FPS.

Would you kindly allow me to use more weapons.
Honestly asking, what guns do you want to hold? I thought the vast majority of them sucked, especially in comparison to the vigors. Once I got the Carbine, I rarely used another gun aside from the occasional pistol. I hate sniping, the Heater was garbage, the Repeater was weak and if there were other guns, they were utterly forgettable as I've literally forgotten them. But I guess some people wanna shooty-shooty-bang-bang so yeah, that could have been an option.

I think something got lost in translation here. Why would "Jew tetris packing" be any different?

While watching the vid, I actually thought about the Jewish Holocaust and how there were similarlities regarding 'efficiency'. I once read a report about how they had to be concerned with weight shifting as people banged on the doors to get out. It read so bland that you wouldnt even recognize it out of context. Both the Middle Passage and the Holocaust were purely de-humanizing events.
I get what your saying, I just don't think making a game out of it does anything to highlight how bad or dehumanizing either event was. Obviously, this particular game is a cheap cartoonish thing so it has its limits, but in the grand scheme of things making a casual minigame out of it also fails to properly convey the gravity of the situation.

Honestly asking, what guns do you want to hold? I thought the vast majority of them sucked, especially in comparison to the vigors. Once I got the Carbine, I rarely used another gun aside from the occasional pistol. I hate sniping, the Heater was garbage, the Repeater was weak and if there were other guns, they were utterly forgettable as I've literally forgotten them. But I guess some people wanna shooty-shooty-bang-bang so yeah, that could have been an option.
The Carbine was the best weapon in the game, with the Hail Fire and Barnstormer RPG coming in at second and third. The rest of the guns, aside from the Peppermill which was sometimes useful in a frenzy, were pretty forgettable. The Sniper had too long of a loading time, was a little too precise, and was only good for killing a Handyman using the rooftop glitch for an achievement.

Anime and two gun limit... ruination of AAA gaming. The answer isn't 'well, the guns suck, anyway.' The answer is make your First Person SHOOTER an actual shooter. Less casual walking/chatting with Eliza-bro and more shooting with weapons that are worthy of inclusion.

I know it's crazy people want to 'shooty-shooty-bang-bang' in an FPS.

BS:I is a story-based game first and foremost.
Agreed.

It's way more than your usual typical FPS - since you have Plasmids (or whatever they called them in BS:I - it's magic, TBH); guns; some minor RPG elements (seems like it's still cut-back quite a bit on RPG elements of upgrading, compared to both Bioshock 1 and System Shock 2).

I dunno, there's quite a bit of story in Wolfenstein: The New Order. He might have... feelings about it.
TNO kicked major-ass, though. The action's awesome.

The storytelling + character development is certainly better than I'd ever expect in the usual Wolfenstein game, as well.

My will power must be incredibly weak as I will soon be the ashamed owner of a Wii U. Bring on the piss! I can't even look myself in the mirror and that makes it very difficult to manage my bountiful gay beard.

Does anyone know if I buy the Focus Selection Pack on sale if I can redeem only a few of the games and gift the rest or if I redeem one it'll redeem them all?

My will power must be incredibly weak as I will soon be the ashamed owner of a Wii U.
The Wii U has like 5 games I'd really like to play but I can't convince myself to buy a system for them. Especially since the Wii has a good 5 or so games I want to play yet they've been sitting in my entertainment center for 2-3 years gathering dust.

My will power must be incredibly weak as I will soon be the ashamed owner of a Wii U. Bring on the piss! I can't even look myself in the mirror and that makes it very difficult to manage my bountiful gay beard.
How you found it for like $10 or something in a KMart gaming blow-out sale or something.

Oh since it has passed a long time since BAK got removed, I got lucky and remembered the latest patch notes which fixed almost all broken stuff.

MysterD will be happy because one of the things Rocksteady did, was making less VRAM hungry the game.

"Optimizations for system memory and VRAM usage "

I already wrote how I felt w/ the new so-called "miracle patch" for Batman AK:

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/TGAEC/discussions/0/523890681420629251/

POST 3 -> 09-03-2015.
Testing the newly released "miracle" patch for Batman: AK.

So, I just tried a quick-look Batman: AK PC, to see how performance is.

Well...it's a bit better for me, I guess.

At 1080p; Maxed-out settings for the first set of Graphics Options; and all of the GameWorks Stuff OFF: 30 FPS no problem w/ the 30 FPS cap. Beats the former 25-30 FPS that I had before w/ the 30 FPS cap.

Now using the same settings & throwing on a few of the GameWorks Stuff on (except the first two options, which will take the card over 4GB VRAM); and with 60 FPS cap: meh. Performance is wild; ranging anywhere from 27 frames to 60FPS. It's all over the damn place, with crazy rises + drops. Sometimes in the 40's, or 50's, or at max of 60 FPS. Not consistent at all.

With the 30 FPS cap back in place - ahhhh, much better. 27-30 FPS. Looks great, running consistent.

I got the "outdated vid-card driver" message. I have the NVidia 353.30 driver in for my 4GB 960. I'll have to look & see if the newer driver improves things any better for this game, when I feel like it. Not really in any rush, since I don't have some (other) brand-new game that I really want to run + look better.

I do like that new meter in the lower-right hand corner of the menu of the Graphics options menu. More games should have that, so people can try to avoid any sort of performance issues b/c it gives you a good idea of where you sit on VRAM usage before you even get the game really going.

Does anyone know if I buy the Focus Selection Pack on sale if I can redeem only a few of the games and gift the rest or if I redeem one it'll redeem them all?
No, you have to redeem the entire pack, and it won't give you extra copies for any games you already own.

Hey bros, Foxypie here.

This October SpoderFox's Bro-Op group thing will be doing a month of Halloween/Scary themed games/events so I was just wondering if you bros could help me with some suggestions.  Preferably games most of us have or were bundled.  Also, do you guys remember what games tend to have yearly Halloween events?  I know KF and TF2 for sure off the top of my head, but I'm sure there are more.

Thanks bros.  Stay cool.  

Foxypie out. 

Hey bros, Foxypie here.

This October SpoderFox's Bro-Op group thing will be doing a month of Halloween/Scary themed games/events so I was just wondering if you bros could help me with some suggestions. Preferably games most of us have or were bundled. Also, do you guys remember what games tend to have yearly Halloween events? I know KF and TF2 for sure off the top of my head, but I'm sure there are more.

Thanks bros. Stay cool.

Foxypie out.
Left 4 Dead 2 I'm almost sure. Gonna research a little more and edit my answer after that.

Payday 2 also seems to be another solid candidate.

I have still yet to ever play Killing Floor. I'm definitely down for a KF event.

HitlerCatPie In.

bread's done
Back