Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Anyone have an extra key for the Darksiders II Deathinitive edition or w/e its called?  I keep forgetting to jump through the screenshot hoops after I get home from these long ass shifts.  Been hoping Motoki will just beat them into submission but it looks like they're going to be stubborn.

If not hopefully the email offer thing will still be going on this weekend.

So to anyone deeply engrossed in FO4... what is the point of building settlements/bases?  I've watched about five or so hours of streams and my hunch is they put so much time designing this crappy E-Larp house building they didn't bother to add any interesting content.  So far the only enemies I've seen are mole rats, feral ghouls, and raiders.

So to anyone deeply engrossed in FO4... what is the point of building settlements/bases? I've watched about five or so hours of streams and my hunch is they put so much time designing this crappy E-Larp house building they didn't bother to add any interesting content. So far the only enemies I've seen are mole rats, feral ghouls, and raiders.
Settlement building is there mostly as a game-length padder. It's excruciatingly tedious to hump all that loot back and then have to split it among all the new crafting avenues. I built myself a small homebase and probably will skip the rest of the settlement stuff, i'm already finding myself getting locked into the GOTTA LOOT 'EM ALL mentality, need to squash that before it gets out of control and I just play Wasteland Trailer Park Tycoon.

Still not sold on the main questline (or, at least, the main characters motivations...miraculously I have yet to be spoiled on the ending). Fortunately, by the time you get to the first hub the sidequestitis is already in full swing and flinging you off in all directions.

As much fun as i'm having with it, I would not recommend Fallout 4 to anyone but the most fervent fans. It is just another Bethesda Open World game, after all. Companions are insanely buggy, the character creator is greatly improved but still spits out the traditional fugly mutants, tons of wasted space in the form of boarded-up inaccessible buildings, bland (albeit wonderfully voiced) dialogue, horrible UI as usual (especially in the crafting menus).

It's a great world to explore, and in my 10 hours I have seen a couple stunning vistas along with dozens of stereotypical "fallout moments." Shootery is satisfying and fun both in and out of VATS, weapon/armor/food/chems crafting is fine. If you can distill your experience down to those points, you'll have a blast. If you have any tendency to nit-pick at flaws, stay far the fuck away. You'll get the same amount of enjoyment and frustration out of any of the previous Fallout games.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would like to say that I was teasing about people buying ARK at 33 percent off in case anybody got the wrong idea. (doubt it since what I wrote was so ridiculous)

I have no room to talk anyway since I just dropped 60 bucks on Legacy of the Void Digital Deluxe Edition.  (Blizzard games have some sort of magic power that make me pay 100 percent)  I suppose we all have our own achilles heel when it comes to buying certain games.

It is just another Bethesda Open World game, after all.
From what little I've played, it can pretty much be summed up as this. If you've played one modern Bethesda open world you've pretty much played them all. It's for the most part what I wanted out of a new fallout though...very similar to FO3/NV with improvements to graphics and gunplay (the shooting, though, I have to say is improved to a much better degree than I even anticipated...the game can actually be enjoyably played without even using vats if you want now). I still don't like some of the changes they made (voiced protagonist, dialogue choices, the way level ups work) though; they don't necessarily get in the way of enjoying the game but I preferred the way it was done before.

Anyone have an extra key for the Darksiders II Deathinitive edition or w/e its called? I keep forgetting to jump through the screenshot hoops after I get home from these long ass shifts. Been hoping Motoki will just beat them into submission but it looks like they're going to be stubborn.

If not hopefully the email offer thing will still be going on this weekend.
Why would you beg for a $6 game if you can email your own screenshots and get your own copy? I don't think anyone's going to have an extra, aside from one person I know of that didn't exactly get his keys legitimately.

If anyone's up at this fucked up hour (at least EST), Celebration Trackmania Complete Pack is glitched in Korea (not locked) for like a penny or something and people are trading it for 1 key around the various cesspools. Same with Black Ops 1 Rezurrection Pack. I think DmC Complete Pack may be glitched as well, seems to be around 3 keys per for that one.

If anyone's up at this fucked up hour (at least EST), Celebration Trackmania Complete Pack is glitched in Korea (not locked) for like a penny or something and people are trading it for 1 key around the various cesspools. Same with Black Ops 1 Rezurrection Pack. I think DmC Complete Pack may be glitched as well, seems to be around 3 keys per for that one.
Correct info. Didn't know about those Black Ops 1 dlcs. Pretty much appreciated.

Blargh.  That is what I get for not keeping a few keys on hand at all times.  Oh well.  I'd have jumped on the Trackmania pack.

I'm about 5-6 hours in and haven't had a single issue. Okay, an achievement didn't unlock, but that's it. A friend of mine(10.9 hrs) had one instance of a floor not getting a texture and he is a running a gtx680 with outdated drivers. Glitch city sounds a little over the top.

Edit: I also believe the achievement not unlocking was a Steam update issue, not Fallout.
If you are above 110 FPS you get fucked.

Terminals freeze your body, lock picking is janky. Essentially it messes up the physics.

I've had it happen about 5 times in 2 hours.

If you are above 110 FPS you get fucked.

Terminals freeze your body, lock picking is janky. Essentially it messes up the physics.

I've had it happen about 5 times in 2 hours.
I'd guess FO4 has a VSync setting, right?

Or you could use NVidia or AMD Panel and override w/ their VSync options, right?

Also as long as FO4 doesn't interfere w/ the app or block it, I'd guess one could also run a 3rd party program like EVGA Precision X or MSI Afterburner and just type in a # to cap the framerate at - i.e. 109 FPS, 60 FPS, 40 FPS, whatever.

From what little I've played, it can pretty much be summed up as this. If you've played one modern Bethesda open world you've pretty much played them all. It's for the most part what I wanted out of a new fallout though...very similar to FO3/NV with improvements to graphics and gunplay (the shooting, though, I have to say is improved to a much better degree than I even anticipated...the game can actually be enjoyably played without even using vats if you want now). I still don't like some of the changes they made (voiced protagonist, dialogue choices, the way level ups work) though; they don't necessarily get in the way of enjoying the game but I preferred the way it was done before.
I agree the shooting looks greatly improved but it seems like the story/quests/RPG elements are lacking. The DJ on the Diamond City station is worse than Three Dog. Can't believe it's possible but it is... apparently he's supposed to be socially awkward and there's a quest to make him more confident but I'd rather just shoot him.

I agree the shooting looks greatly improved but it seems like the story/quests/RPG elements are lacking.
Don't know about story or quests and if they're lacking in quality or not, but RPG yeah. The leveling system moves a step closer from stats and point allocation toward less character planning with an all encompassing perk system, which I don't like. Of course the other big thing people tend to look for in RPGs (choices and consequences), I haven't played enough to make a judgment but I'm assuming they haven't improved in that area either. Still, it's not much different than FO3, which wasn't exactly strong in its RPG elements despite its leveling system. The thing that really draws me to Bethesda open world games, though (large, immersive, interesting world to explore) is still intact.

So to anyone deeply engrossed in FO4... I've watched about five or so hours of streams ....
Mike-Ehrmantraut-Shakes-His-Head-Breaking-Bad.gif

So I finally got my Darksiders Deathinitive key at 4:00 AM ET.  I was asleep so I saw it this morning.  Activated fine.  I did send a follow up email yesterday but there was no mention of that, just an apology for the late response.  

My long awaited Resident Evil 4 review ...

It's bollocks. Mein gott, the controls are annoying. I simply cannot play this schmidt.
Onto the "Schmidt I'll never play again pile"

Every single "GotY candidate" this year seems to be boring soulless repetitive open world game. Witcher, FO4, Mad Max, MGS: The Grindan Pain. I don't see how you can knock FO4 and like all those.

I never finished Skyrim or FO3 or NV. I immensely respect what Bethesda does (What they do well, at least. What they do poorly? Eh, I can understand.) but I know I will never finish FO4 either so I'm waiting for a cheaper deal on it. Good to hear it's more of the same.

Holy shit you hate on every single game I guess Ace Attorney is GOTY
I actually like Mad Max a lot, have been playing countless hours of Grindan Pain, watching it slowly morph from crap to gold and then back to crap again as Kojima's mobile phone game dreams are finally realized.

I can like a game and still call out the problems with it, broski. Critical thinking.

My GotY pick would be Mad Max but I've not played Witcher 3 (Given how mediocre W2 was I'm not in any hurry.).

Did everyone that send the email receive their keys? I haven't yet T_T
I e-mailed them early Monday and mine came this morning. Glad they are coming through, I had high expectations after how awesomely they handled Red Faction: Guerrilla and was feeling pretty let down more than anything.

Every single "GotY candidate" this year seems to be boring soulless repetitive open world game. Witcher, FO4, Mad Max, MGS: The Grindan Pain. I don't see how you can knock FO4 and like all those.
That's because people who toss around the phrase "GotY candidate" are the mainstream dumbasses who work at GameStop trying to sell $150 Master Chief controllers to 10-year-old kids and their welfare parents.

Big tit games are the real GotY candidates.

My GotY pick would be Mad Max but I've not played Witcher 3 (Given how mediocre W2 was I'm not in any hurry.).
Every other person seems to rave about W3 but I got bored with it during some quest slog through a city. I sort of wish my brain worked like that of the people who loved it because it seems like it has real potential but it just got tedious for me.

I e-mailed them early Monday and mine came this morning. Glad they are coming through, I had high expectations after how awesomely they handled Red Faction: Guerrilla and was feeling pretty let down more than anything.
No luck so far here, but then again, I did not send pictures of any of my orifices.

Every other person seems to rave about W3 but I got bored with it during some quest slog through a city. I sort of wish my brain worked like that of the people who loved it because it seems like it has real potential but it just got tedious for me.
I have almost nothing nice to say about the state of the modern RPG (Excepting the rare Japanese breed where mechanics are explored like Etrian Odyssey.). Were I a cleverer man I could perhaps write some sort of definitive treatise as to why everything from Alpha Protocol to Skyrim to Witcher is hopelessly degenerate and unsatisfying from anyone who actually likes gameplay mechanics. No matter how technically effective your open world is (And Bethesda is undeniably effective at that, even back in Oblivion, probably earlier too.), all you are creating is a skinner box of endless plus ones to collect without serious thought.

Which is why I look at people who say making jack of all trades in Fallout goes against the spirit. Bitch, please. Fallout has always been like that. Speech+guns of choice, steal if you wanted to save and load and destroy the game economy. Maybe a retard run for lols and that was about all FO1 and 2 had to offer. And even then playing "half the game" with a specialized character isn't worth much because the mechanics are barely enough to be interesting if you could use every gun, every armor, every trick, much less just picking five of them to be good at.

Big tit games are the real GotY candidates.
It's been a garbage year for titty games. You have the excellent Onechanbara and Huniepop (Which I guess is enough to make any year good. I called 3DS a good year with just ChibiMiku and EO2U lol.) but beyond that... just trash like SK2. Is there anything I'm missing?

bread's done
Back