Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
A back and forth on the qualities of a game between The Man Who Likes Everything and The Man Who Likes Nothing...illuminating
hqdefault.jpg

There is, but most of the members of that group aren't members here.
That's because it was an open group and we used it for giveaways on Steamgifts, so stupid people were inviting their friends who aren't CAGs and eventually the group was abandoned and/or banned.

The Dishonored DLC is actually good enough to be worth the $12, though. The Brigmore/Knife maps are some of the best, and the Trials DLC is good for teaching you to stop giving a shit about ghosting maps and just be a killing machine. I thought Dishonored was a decent enough game when I played through the campaign non-lethal, but the funneninity dramatically rises when you start using all your crazy murdering powers.

Still a shame it's not cheaper, but the DLC is extremely good. Actually racked up 40 hours on Dishonored and wouldn't be opposed to replaying in the future, which isn't too shabby for a modern first person action game.

The TEW demo left me completely ambivalent about it.

The Dishonored DLC is actually good enough to be worth the $12, though. The Brigmore/Knife maps are some of the best, and the Trials DLC is good for teaching you to stop giving a shit about ghosting maps and just be a killing machine. I thought Dishonored was a decent enough game when I played through the campaign non-lethal, but the funneninity dramatically rises when you start using all your crazy murdering powers.

Still a shame it's not cheaper, but the DLC is extremely good. Actually racked up 40 hours on Dishonored and wouldn't be opposed to replaying in the future, which isn't too shabby for a modern first person action game.
Absolutely. The combat arena is just tremendous fun. I think the combat is a little bit more fun than Dark Messiah's (Which itself was just Thief's combat given a full game so these guys blending stealth and combat is a habit.). Only issue is the DLC story campaign is better on average than the main story campaign but the whole game is certainly worth it.

Speaking of CAG groups, the bros will be playing 7 Days to Die at 10:00 PM ET so if you want something to do after a long day of sitting around and complaining, come kill some zombies with us.  If you don't have it, it's on sale and Bruti called it the best game since ARK.  

Will I ever play Skyrim again.....hmmm

On a side note....spent over 3.5 hours installing a stupid dual monitor mount -.-

Worth it.

Last edited by a moderator:
so i guess all you need to do to get a good sale on the season pass if you buy fo4 is to wait until 2019 or whatever when elder scrolls 6 releases

Even if it was, Motoki will never install the game anyway, much less install it five times.

Styx needs a base price drop so I can buy it for five bucks.

Even if it was, Motoki will never install the game anyway, much less install it five times.
This. But it still cheeses me off knowing that I can't install more than five times even if I won't install once.

Anyway, I actually did play the hell out of Dragon Age Inquisition and it had Denuvo and my computer didn't blow up. Actually, I wouldn't even have known it was there if I hadn't heard about it from other people. *shrug*

I watched my buddy play a bit. It's basically Call of Duty with superfluous stats.

All it's missing is some microtransactions so he can build his farm town faster.

8/10
Well, what I really think is that I really enjoyed the game...actually spoilered for actual semi length

had the standard immersive ass bethesda world with lots to do. Took a huge step up in gameplay and added some new things (huge expansive weapon/armor modding, base building), although the new things are things I'm not really interested in. Unfortunately it took a step back everywhere else.

Obviously the writing/rpg mechanics are nowhere near as good as they were in New Vegas, and I thought the atmosphere wasn't as good as Fallout 3 (and I thought the soundtrack was the weakest of the three games, with the combat music being downright irritating after awhile). The biggest problem is that while I had a lot of fun the world itself isn't particularly memorable. There are just a couple quests that stick out in my mind as being particularly interesting, the vaults are boring in comparison with 3/NV, and while on the one hand the dense nature meant there was a gazillion places to visit, I actually somewhat missed the spread out nature of NV and FO3... in some parts of the map (especially the center, dense city part) I didn't feel like I was really exploring so much as I was just shuffling between buildings.

I did really enjoy my time and don't regret buying day one (I've been playing pretty much non-stop), but by the end of the game I found myself craving New Vegas. In an ideal world you'd have a game with NV's writing/depth/rpg implications, FO3's atmosphere, and FO4's polish and gunplay. 8.5/10. Good game, and I'll play through again once the dlc starts to release but disappointing at the same time.

It's also more 'game-i-fied.'  The constant 'ca-ching' cash register sounds when you succeed in a skill check or kill something.  The derpy thumbs ups on the UI, etc.

It's also more 'game-i-fied.' The constant 'ca-ching' cash register sounds when you succeed in a skill check or kill something. The derpy thumbs ups on the UI, etc.
Meh, fallout 3 had the cash register sounds also. I don't think New Vegas did. That stuff didn't really bother me all that much, I actually think of the three new fallouts this was the one that could get away with more of that "gamey" stuff, because it's atmosphere isn't as bleak as Fallout 3 definitely, or even New Vegas. The game is pretty bright and colorful so the thumbs up and stuff doesn't seem entirely out of place. I don't necessarily like it but it's not something I really noticed while playing either.

So, is Talos Principle worth it at $6.79 (~83% off)?  It's by Croteam, so the game will end up in a bundle sooner or later.

I've got the coupon from Alienware Arena.

So, is Talos Principle worth it at $6.79 (~83% off)? It's by Croteam, so the game will end up in a bundle sooner or later.

Having not played the game but based off word of mouth I'd say it's worth the price if you want it and can live with it being bundled. Then again with Humble making these monthly bundles who knows how bundles will be going forward...all the appealing games might be relegated to monthly status.

I've always liked supporting the Croteam guys. I'll keep it in my cart until the last day of the sale..   may grab it. Looks fun.

Thank you Wolfskinstein!

Edit:

On a semi-related note, I exceeded my 300GB quota for my internet this month (did it on purpose as I needed to back up a whole bunch of videos/pics on One Drive) and used up one of my "courtesy" overages meaning I can go for broke between now and the end of the month. I've been downloading all the super huge steam games I can find (Wolfensteins, Vermintide, etc.) and was just wondering if you guys had any suggestions of unusually large Steam DLs I could queue up to take advantage of Comcast and their shitty policies as much as possible?
titanfall onj origin, max payne 3

FYI, for those that missed it yesterday due to the site dying/out of stock etc, the Square enix US store has refilled their stock of the free Hitman 2.

FYI, for those that missed it yesterday due to the site dying/out of stock etc, the Square enix US store has refilled their stock of the free Hitman 2.
which is better, this or the PS2 version? I got the HD remastered HD series from a PS+ promo but never played them

So, is Talos Principle worth it at $6.79 (~83% off)? It's by Croteam, so the game will end up in a bundle sooner or later.

No doubt Talos Principle will continue to get discounts, so if that bothers you then you should wait. If you just want to know if it's good... well, it is.

I'm only 4 hours into it, but there seems to be a ton of content and a good bit of depth. If you like solving puzzles in first person -- like Portal -- then you'll like Talos Principle. The challenges are varied and sometimes transcend single areas. Getting 100% will require a lot of thought without resorting to walkthroughs, though so far none of the solutions I've encountered seemed unfairly obscure.

The story too seems to have some similarities to Portal in that you start off with no knowledge of who -- or what -- you are. As you gather clues, you begin to wonder if you're being manipulated and if you are following the intended script by playing along or by being contrary.

It's a very entertaining example of the genre so far.

bread's done
Back