Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Yeah, there's a difference between them. I hate playing any games where the AI controlled partner is stupid and dies all the time. K&L and Army of Two go on that list, too.
No one here has known true suffering unless they've played Ghostbusters: Sanctum of Slime from start to finish... all by themselves.

That game made me want to fly all the way to Santiago, Chile, just to punch the developers in the balls.

Hey guys, here is a great deal on some last-gen (refurbished) SSDs.

Even LostNumber & Foxhack can afford them! I picked up the 128Gb for an old laptop upgrade.

Crucial M4s

$30 for the 128GB

$50 for the 256GB

Crucial offers the factory-refurbished Crucial 128GB M4 Serial ATA 6Gb/s 2.5" Internal SSD for $29.99 with free shipping. That's $20 below our November mention and the lowest total price we've seen. (It's a current low by $48.) It features read speeds of up to 500MB/s and write speeds of up to 175MB/s

Also available is the factory-refurbished Crucial 256GB M4 Serial ATA 6Gb/s 2.5" Internal SSD for $49.99 with free shipping. That's $35 below our November mention and the lowest total price we've seen. (It's a current low by $139.) As above, it features read speeds of up to 500MB/s and write speeds of up to 175MB/s. A 1-year Crucial warranty applies to both.

Last edited by a moderator:
a0bC8ck.gif
Tebow... is that you?

4real. I wouldn't touch that shit with a 10 foot pole. Especially not for my main drive.

sbi2YrF.jpg
not for ur main drive? what is on ur main drive anyway? Some rubbish OS that can be clone and back up and re-install?

can you imagine the anguish of having thousand of pron video vanished when you use it as ur storage drive?

I don't know, maybe for a mirror of a mirror of a mirror 8 times redundant or something. But really? I mean I just don't think that's something to skimp on with some half assed shit that you might as well be buying from the Salvation Army.

Liiks like Casey is getting his site going finally. Nothing impressive so far, we will see where it goes in the next few weeks.

Edit: Looks like they will be focusing on single game sales rather than bundles.

Liiks like Casey is getting his site going finally. Nothing impressive so far, we will see where it goes in the next few weeks.

Edit: Looks like they will be focusing on single game sales rather than bundles.
Read the blog post, kinda sounds like IndieGameStand, but without the $1 price tag. Well, good luck with that.

I don't know, maybe for a mirror of a mirror of a mirror 8 times redundant or something. But really? I mean I just don't think that's something to skimp on with some half assed shit that you might as well be buying from the Salvation Army.
The disk I bought is replacing a same sized HDD 5400rpm (w/ magnetic platters) on a notebook I barely use, and is due for a clean install. Not too big of a deal.

My main PC is running a NEW Samsung 840Evo 500gb & my HTPC is running the 256Gb Samsung Pro. ...so I am skeptical as to how well the crucial disk will perform.... but anything's gotta be better than the 5400rpm drive that's in there.

Data Loss (on that specific PC), meh, that's what WHS is for.

I agree with you that as a primary disk on my main PC, the Crucial M4 Refurb isn't even a choice. ...but someone may find a use for it. :whistle2:D

There are some CAGs out there on a shoestring budget, so maybe just maybe. Hopefully everyone here knows that SSDs will NOT improve your PC Game performance, only loading times.

CAN'T he just let it ..die? there's something in life that keep on coming back (and you don't really care if it does or not.. and in this case, i rather that it does not come back. Peon bundle doesn't seem to offer any good competitive pricing compared to its brothers)

and there's something in life that .. won't come back at all even though we care deeply about it. (T-Money and the glory of Amazon DVG)

Last thing I heard from him was how he had a custom-built site for doing bundles... I wonder what happened to that.

CAN'T he just let it ..die? there's something in life that keep on coming back (and you don't really care if it does or not.. and in this case, i rather that it does not come back. Peon bundle doesn't seem to offer any good competitive pricing compared to its brothers)

and there's something in life that .. won't come back at all even though we care deeply about it. (T-Money and the glory of Amazon DVG)
He seems like a really nice guy and I hope it works out for him, but I can say if these first 2 deals are what we can expect he wont have any CAG fans. However I don't really think he wants to please us cheapskates.

He seems like a really nice guy and I hope it works out for him, but I can say if these first 2 deals are what we can expect he wont have any CAG fans. However I don't really think he wants to please us cheapskates.
I agree, he's a very nice guy. I wish BundleStars or Groupees would hire him. BS could use a community rep like him.. but he doesn't seem interested in the bundle scene anymore, which is too bad.

I agree, he's a very nice guy. I wish BundleStars or Groupees would hire him. BS could use a community rep like him.. but he doesn't seem interested in the bundle scene anymore, which is too bad.
I hope he murders the IR rep with that coffee mug. I would buy a game based on that, at only 40% off.

Could be OK if it typically beats or matches historical lows and is reasonably curated.  Could be Daily Royale if not.

There are a lot of games that don't get sales on Steam anymore... probably because the devs/publishers have gone radio silent.  But there are also some that lose the Event Sale votes or are just passed over and never see the potential discount again.  Maybe there's a niche there.

Am I the only one who liked playing RE5 solo?

And Torchlight 2? Borderlands 1 + 2? Dead Island (original) + Riptide?
Never played RE5 or Riptide, but all the others I played solo. I tend to play everything solo except competitive games. I also much prefer local co-op, but since I'm not in college anymore and don't have like 5 roommates like I did then that's not much of an option anymore.

Hey guys, here is a great deal on some last-gen (refurbished) SSDs.

Even LostNumber & Foxhack can afford them! I picked up the 128Gb for an old laptop upgrade.

Crucial M4s

$30 for the 128GB

$50 for the 256GB
You fuck ing crazy? I don't pay money for hardware. I get that shit for free.

I hear that a lot, along with:

• Ow, that hurts.
  • Why are you doing this to me.
  • Please, let me die.
If they have enough time to say these things you are doing it wrong.

Last edited:
I think the appropriate joke would be to make a comment about how he probably gets his "free hardware" from his mom's dog's uncle's coworker's cousin's teacher's grandson or something.

I think the appropriate joke would be to make a comment about how he probably gets his "free hardware" from his mom's dog's uncle's coworker's cousin's teacher's grandson or something.
Just my brother. I said this on multiple occasions. The dude upgrades more often than anyone rightly should. I end up with many leftovers. It's why all my siblings have computers now. We just slapped together one for my youngest sister last week.

Just my brother. I said this on multiple occasions. The dude upgrades more often than anyone rightly should. I end up with many leftovers. It's why all my siblings have computers now. We just slapped together one for my youngest sister last week.
Great, now she can finally play all of those games you redeemed on her behalf.

Yeah but I've read that the upgrade to 10 will only give you a one-year license.
Nope. As of today, they plan to give 'permanent' license, but you have to upgrade your system within one year from Win10 release date.

Source

Free Upgrade Offer
Great news! We will offer a free upgrade to Windows 10 for qualified new or existing Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone 8.1 devices that upgrade in the first year!* And even better: once a qualified Windows device is upgraded to Windows 10, we will continue to keep it up to date for the supported lifetime of the device, keeping it more secure, and introducing new features and functionality over time – for no additional charge. Sign up with your email today, and we will send you more information about Windows 10 and the upgrade offer in the coming months.

*Windows Offer Details

It is our intent that most of these devices will qualify, but some hardware/software requirements apply and feature availability may vary by device. Devices must be connected to the internet and have Windows Update enabled. ISP fees may apply. Windows 7 SP1 and Windows 8.1 Update required. Some editions are excluded: Windows 7 Enterprise, Windows 8/8.1 Enterprise, and Windows RT/RT 8.1. Active Software Assurance customers in volume licensing have the benefit to upgrade to Windows 10 enterprise offerings outside of this offer. We will be sharing more information and additional offer terms in coming months.
Ninja'd by Flowette.

Nope. As of today, they plan to give 'permanent' license, but you have to upgrade your system within one year from Win10 release date.

Source

Ninja'd by Flowette.
With the Win 7 SP1 and Win 8.1 Update required fine print, it sounds awfully like an "upgrade your current OS" instead of a clean install (which I would probably prefer?) Or will they give you an actual license key so you can go with the clean install route yourself?

bread's done
Back