Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
With the Win 7 SP1 and Win 8.1 Update required fine print, it sounds awfully like an "upgrade your current OS" instead of a clean install (which I would probably prefer?) Or will they give you an actual license key so you can go with the clean install route yourself?
All the upgrades require is you have a compatible OS installed, you can still do a clean install. (It doesn't even have to be an activated OS prior to upgrade.) You just can't do an install on a bare HDD with the upgrade versions is all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gamersgate doing a contest via twitter for a chance to win Attila.

https://twitter.com/GamersGate/status/568024530272129025

I bet at least 1 cag will be a winner. My bet goes for Drabe.

Gamersgate doing a contest via twitter for a chance to win Attila.

https://twitter.com/GamersGate/status/568024530272129025

I bet at least 1 cag will be a winner. My bet goes for Drabe.
I'm sure my "Glitchy Storefront Simulator" entry will definitely win.

Anyways, for non-euros, the contest ends tomorrow at 7 a.m. EST, so you've got time to come up with your hilarious entries.

It took over a week but I just got an Aerena Masters Edition key.  I must've just made it in before the dirty hoarder cutoff started.

I'm sure my "Glitchy Storefront Simulator" entry will definitely win.

Anyways, for non-euros, the contest ends tomorrow at 7 a.m. EST, so you've got time to come up with your hilarious entries.
I vote Crappy European Developer Who Makes Shoddy Half Assed Simulator Games For Germans Who Like To Go To Work And Come Home And Simulate Work And Then Puts Them In A Bundle For The Rest Of The World To Laugh At Simulator

does anyone know that I have to log in to Steam & keep Steam apps running in order for Idle Master to work?

I want to idle and yet at the same time play a different game on my alt account.. but can't 

does anyone know that I have to log in to Steam & keep Steam apps running in order for Idle Master to work?

I want to idle and yet at the same time play a different game on my alt account.. but can't
Yep, you'll need to keep Steam open and logged in with the account that you're idling. There isn't really a way around that unfortunately.

You can still play it while idling if you give yourself shared access to the game. Otherwise you can idle on virtual machine, but that'd require you to re-install everything.

Jshackles probably has a script that alerts him if he or idlemaster or enhanced steam are ever mentioned anywhere on the internet and a bot that provides helpful and friendly responses.  

You can still play it while idling if you give yourself shared access to the game. Otherwise you can idle on virtual machine, but that'd require you to re-install everything.
thanks for talking about this i never used it figure give it a try

294 card drop remaining

78 games left too idle

guess i had more of a backlog then i knew! :shock:

Jshackles probably has a script that alerts him if he or idlemaster or enhanced steam are ever mentioned anywhere on the internet and a bot that provides helpful and friendly responses.
haha nope I just like to check in on you guys every now and again. This time I just happened to hit the thread when someone had a question about Idle Master, so it worked out.

I saw a screen shot of a steam beta client where they are now tracking the install date of games.  Do we think this is to perhaps stop people from using idlemaster to get cards or perhaps find accounts that are getting cards for games they have not installed?  

I saw a screen shot of a steam beta client where they are now tracking the install date of games. Do we think this is to perhaps stop people from using idlemaster to get cards or perhaps find accounts that are getting cards for games they have not installed?
And it also proves NOTHING. For example, I bought and own Space Marine. It was installed/run on a previous computer. I played for like 10 minutes. It has no install date on it.. but yet I actually played that one. It doesn't have cards.

You can idle & play on same account. But can't idle & play on two different accounts using idle master.
I I've idled on one of my alts with idle master on a VMWare setup, while playing a game on my main in my normal Windows install. And I got normal drops on both.

If Valve takes issue with Idle Master, they certainly haven't said anything to me about it.  I've been up to Valve headquarters (twice) and talked with a lot of the awesome people there who are pretty big fans of my work.  Even with their "nobody's in charge" attitude, it still takes a pretty hefty team effort to get almost anything done there.  I'd be surprised if they started working on ways to block something like Idle Master without someone there giving me a heads up.

Additionally, due to the nature of how Steam works, it's possible to play games without ever having "installed" them properly through Steam.  For example, it's possible to copy a game's folder from SteamApps\Common to a new PC and start playing it as long as you're logged into an account that owns that game.

I think the feature in question is just there to show people the date the game was purchased.  It's something that people often ask about, and it's something that's part of Enhanced Steam also, where it will show the purchase date on the store page.  They're just bringing that into the client.

I think the feature in question is just there to show people the date the game was purchased. It's something that people often ask about, and it's something that's part of Enhanced Steam also, where it will show the purchase date on the store page. They're just bringing that into the client.
Thanks for the response and thanks for all the awesome work you do for all of us!

Some of those are actually unlocks in the game. That DLC is a P2W cheat that removes all the fun of getting boob or crotch pix msg from your Hunies.

Some of those are actually unlocks in the game. That DLC is a P2W cheat that removes all the fun of getting boob or crotch pix msg from your Hunies.
Is it, really? Since these are not accessed through the game, they're added to the game's folder.

Indie Gala can't even do coupons right:

60% OFF Save on Blockstorm
135dc1ac1cd9763dfc8ad52f4e880d2ac058a36c.jpg

Steam
Coupon

60% off on the title Save on Blockstorm.

bread's done
Back