Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
That's how I feel, but then IGN promotes that site which is odd.
Paypal promotes G2A, and so do some popular streamers, but the site is shady as fuck and has sold stolen keys in the past. Doesn't surprise me if IGN is promoting Cdkeys.com.

Just curious though, where/how is IGN promoting it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Paypal promotes G2A, and so do some popular streamers, but the site is shady as fuck and has sold stolen keys in the past. Doesn't surprise me if IGN is promoting Cdkeys.com.

gaming journalism has no credibility, just look at angryjoe, and totalbiscuit.

people wouldn't listen/ care until their keys are disabled, like that incident with ubisoft revoking keys from Assassin's Creed unity, and far cry 4 from non-authorized resellers

So mostly unbiased and usually thoughtful critique?
how is angryjoe and total biscuit unbias? LOL

angryjoe was an xbot, until majornelson ripped him a new one, regarding the initial drm on xbox one before the official launch.

totalbiscuit only games exclusive/mostly on pc.

how is angryjoe and total biscuit unbias? LOL

angryjoe was an xbot, until majornelson ripped him a new one, regarding the initial drm on xbox one before the official launch.

I guess I was speaking mostly about TB, I don't really know much about AngryJoe. And PC is all I really care about nowadays.

only covering one platform doesn't make you biased. you can give unbiased reviews on a single platform.

biased would be if you covered multiple platforms and only gave good reviews to games on only one of the platforms because it's your favorite.

i've never watched/heard total crumpet but whatevar

Siralim is coming to Steam on April 24!

15 APRIL - THYLACINE STUDIOS
As the title says, Siralim is officially launching on Steam on April 24. 

Please allow a few days after the release (that is, AFTER April 24) for us to organize a way to get everyone their keys that we promised. I'll post a follow-up announcement shortly after with details on how to obtain your key. 

Also, please refrain from discussing this giveaway on our Steam community forum or pretty much anywhere else. 

Thanks again to everyone who voted for us!

Everything above recommended, expect GPU is little below. and it was unplayable.

5min to load level only to disconnect from server or lag every few seconds :(
I've got a 5 year old gaming laptop and it plays on medium-low settings just fine. What resolution/settings are you using? I haven't experienced 5 min level loads either.

As far as server lag -- correct me if I'm wrong -- but aren't most or all of the test servers in the US? Are you using the server browser to view details before joining or are you just doing a Quickmatch and taking whatever it gives you?

I realize everyone can have different experiences with a game, but yours just sounds so different than mine that I had to ask.

So with all this cRPG talk and the GOG sale, I want to sample, but not willing to drop $20 on the whole pack. Which one (or top 3-ish) is (are) generally considered to be good? I remember hearing about Baldur's Gate many years ago but I dont know if people spoke fondly of 1 or 2. Same applies to Neverwinter Nights. The rest, I never heard of.
Neverwinter Nights is in a different style than PoE and the Infinity Engine games. I recommend Baldur's Gate 2 and Planescape Torment as the two best. They also have the strongest story.

I've got a 5 year old gaming laptop and it plays on medium-low settings just fine. What resolution/settings are you using? I haven't experienced 5 min level loads either.

As far as server lag -- correct me if I'm wrong -- but aren't most or all of the test servers in the US? Are you using the server browser to view details before joining or are you just doing a Quickmatch and taking whatever it gives you?

I realize everyone can have different experiences with a game, but yours just sounds so different than mine that I had to ask.
UK server from server list (<100ms), Quickmatch didn't work at all. It's not server lag.

It just hates me it seems, everyone else seems to play just fine.

If you click on the "Buy Far Cry 4 Now" link from within the Uplay client, it launches the product page on the Steam store website.  :?:

amazon bugged/glitched rebate deal,$129.99 with $60 off after rebate for gigabyte r9 285. you will have to complain to amazon for the other $30 rebate

Gigabyte Graphics Cards GV-R9285WF2OC-2GD
Meh @ that only being a 2GB VRAM card.

No matter how great that card is or isn't - w/ some other games I have looking for recommendations of 2GB, 3GB, and even 4GB - yeah, I'll pass.

If that was say 3GB or 4GB, this deal would've been much more interesting - and I might've bought my first Radeon card.

15 APRIL - THYLACINE STUDIOS

Please allow a few days after the release (that is, AFTER April 24) for us to organize a way to get everyone their keys that we promised. I'll post a follow-up announcement shortly after with details on how to obtain your key.

Also, please refrain from discussing this giveaway on our Steam community forum or pretty much anywhere else.

Where do all of these giveaway announcements originate? I never seem to catch them.

15 APRIL - THYLACINE STUDIOS

For anyone that didn't join the group.. you may have bought it in a bundle anyway. it was in Groupees BAGB7.

So who used the food stuff today?  Ironically, not me.  I wanted Checkers for lunch and Panda Express for dinner.  Those bastards at my Panda Express no longer have passion tea though.. they have this sweet tea that tastes like they used sweat socks and underwear to filter it.  Buggers.  Ruined my dinner.

What is the best way to do a giveaway on CAG? PM, Quotes or something else?
For stuff I don't care about, I just post the key -- usually in some format that doesn't let you just blindly cut and paste (in an image or making you solve an easy trivia question for a letter).

For something where I wanted it to go to someone I know, I do quoting. I don't invite PMs since then you'll just get a bunch of PMs asking if you still have it. With quotes, it's easy to see that it's already claimed.

I didn't use the food deals because the only applicable place near me was McDonald's and I couldn't envision a scenario where two Big Macs was a real benefit to me.

OMG! I haven't gotten a new like in over a day! Bobby, come like this!!

:whee:
Every time I get a "like", I send it along to my social media management team so they can archive it and use the data to help me better create posts with high levels of peer group approval. Each week they send me a full analysis on the best types of post to make to maximize my favorability ratio. Here was this week's report:

Give away more Steam keys

Eww, now you have Palinn cooties.

/gets banned for being sexist

So who used the food stuff today? Ironically, not me. I wanted Checkers for lunch and Panda Express for dinner. Those bastards at my Panda Express no longer have passion tea though.. they have this sweet tea that tastes like they used sweat socks and underwear to filter it. Buggers. Ruined my dinner.

I ate at Panda Express once. I'd rather save money by buying one of those Innovasian Kung Pao Chicken meals in the frozen food section, cook it in the morning and let it sit underneath a halogen lamp until midnight the next day before eating it. Much more affordable way to get food poisoning.

Eww, now you have Palinn cooties.

/gets banned for being sexist
photo-thumb-30081.jpg

bread's done
Back