Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
So people should work for free? Or that gamers are entitled to free content made by other people because it was free in the past?

If mod authors want to charge money for their work, they should do so if they think people will pay for it. If you don't like it or don't think the mod is worth the money, don't buy it. Not a difficult concept.
Some 10 or 25 hour expansion level addition probably does deserve something. Some piece of junk sword or wood hut out in the middle of nowhere shouldn't be 3 bucks though.

They're really opening a can of worms here. How do you keep people from ripping other people's work from the net and posting it on the workshop? What do you do when you get a cease and desist letter because somebody put up a mod that is ripping off trademarked content?

I expect both Valve and anybody who uploads paid content to get crucified by the fans. (at least for a while)

Last edited by a moderator:
Some 10 or 25 hour expansion level addition probably does deserve something. Some piece of junk sword or wood hut out in the middle of nowhere shouldn't be 3 bucks though.
Same thing could be said for DLC made by AAA publishers. Again, gamers can be adults and decide for themselves if something is worth their money or not.

They're really opening a can of worms here. How do you keep people from ripping other people's work from the net and posting it on the workshop? What do you do when you get a cease and desist letter because somebody put up a mod that is ripping off trademarked content?

I expect both Valve and anybody who uploads paid content to get crucified by the fans. (at least for a while)
See paid creator content made for TF2 and DOTA 2.

no boobs no mods
bluefooted.jpg

So Shadow of Mordor Premium Edition (with season pass) is 66% off, making it only 50 cents more than the vanilla. Kind of tempted now. I assume its a price mistake.
Dunno... if they intended to discount the entire package 66% then it's not a glitch. I've been wanting to play this one though and that's the top mark of what I was willing to spend for the whole package, so I think I'm going to get it.

Dunno... if they intended to discount the entire package 66% then it's not a glitch. I've been wanting to play this one though and that's the top mark of what I was willing to spend for the whole package, so I think I'm going to get it.
That's true but the season pass is also only 50% off, so I think they wanted just a 50% discount unless this is just a clever psychological ploy, which is very possible.

That's true but the season pass is also only 50% off, so I think they wanted just a 50% discount unless this is just a clever psychological ploy, which is very possible.
That's what it looks like to me. They make it look like it's a price mistake to get you to buy it. Price is still too high for me.

New Bundlestars Indlie Legends bundle looks like a good value if you don't have too many of the games:

http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/indie-legends-bundle/
REALLY solid bundle. Unfortunately all I'm missing is Divekick and The Fall. Of course Divekick's first bundle is an expensive bundle with lots of repeats, ugh.

So Shadow of Mordor Premium Edition (with season pass) is 66% off, making it only 50 cents more than the vanilla. Kind of tempted now. I assume its a price mistake.
It's not a glitch. It's just them screwing over early adopters, like usual.

That's what it looks like to me. They make it look like it's a price mistake to get you to buy it. Price is still too high for me.
It was just $30 in that BundleStars bundle. 50% off of Premium Edition would be about $37. It does seem rather sudden to have dropped an extra $5 from that "great, limited time bundle".

It was just $30 in that BundleStars bundle. 50% off of Premium Edition would be about $37. It does seem rather sudden to have dropped an extra $5 from that "great, limited time bundle".
Its also just a little more than Nuuvem's low so its certainly a good price especially if you have card money, don't want to deal with Nuuvem, etc. I'm still a little suspicious now though.

Ok then. I was going to work in my yard but I guess I'll spend my afternoon downloading Skyrim mods just to be safe.  I need to finally knock that one off the backlog anyway.

WHY AM I NOT IN ANY OF THESE STEAM GROUPS THAT GIVE AWAY FREE KEYS

WHAT THE HELL

IS THIS WHAT HAPPENS IN TEBOW CHAT?!

:(

WHY AM I NOT IN ANY OF THESE STEAM GROUPS THAT GIVE AWAY FREE KEYS

WHAT THE HELL

IS THIS WHAT HAPPENS IN TEBOW CHAT?!

:(
Sometimes, but you have to listen to Tebow and mysterd talk about oiled up, totally shaven Eastern European men writhing on the ground together.

+1's worth it to you?

Sunless Sea is only... wait for it... 20% off! What the fuck is that? It's like a slap in the balls. Which isn't necessarily bad, depending on how hot she is, but seriously, come on. 20% off just gives me the squirts.

I want this game bad, though.

That's pretty beefy. 6 GB of RAM / i5 minimum? I'm getting ready to build a new system, so I'll have it covered, but it wouldn't even start on my current machine.
I basically just need a new video card.

Looks like this is going to be a growing trend, the way things are going for me.

ACU, Witcher 3: Batman: AK all here have me under the vid-card requirement.

Oh crud, what a horrible idea. There's no way I'm paying one penny for mod content and neither should anybody else. It would set a horrible precedent and cost us tons of content that is usually free.
Great....just great!

Not only will we have official $-DLC, but now we'll have $-Mod DLC.

So, when will Season Passes for Mods come out?

I basically just need a new video card.

Looks like this is going to be a growing trend, the way things are going for me.

ACU, Witcher 3: Batman: AK all here have me under the vid-card requirement.
you just going to backlog and card farm them. Why need new GPU?

Oh crud, what a horrible idea. There's no way I'm paying one penny for mod content and neither should anybody else. It would set a horrible precedent and cost us tons of content that is usually free.
that's what ppl said to Bestheda's horse armor skin bull**** but it STILL set precedent and STILL cost you tons of content that is usually free.

Back in the 90s, cosmetic skins were usually free and could be modded in easily

here in 2015, costmetic skins are $$$ dlc and developers just lock their games down from modding until they can no longer mlik the series (i.e. Total War)

So people should work for free? Or that gamers are entitled to free content made by other people because it was free in the past?
you are right. I keep seeing some posters on CAG posting game deals for free.

They should be paid for their time and effort. How's about 1 foil for every view? that should keep the thread deal-focused and free from junk like "shoes" and "pizza" and "slut shaming"

RIP PC mods

Valve is slowly, literally an inch of dangling meat at a time, raping us as PC gamers, I'm afraid. They're going to monetize every aspect of PC gaming and I don't care for that.

BUT, I do love me a +1. I'm becoming the abused spouse who doesn't leave.

Pretty soon, there'll be paid DLC for gamepad support. Where'd my tinfoil hat go?

If people don't stop misusing the word literally I'm going to literally strangle you bitches.
Valve's dick is "literally" inching it's way towards our asses. Maybe not yours, but certainly mine. I can see the thing from where I sit. It's a huge veiny, triumphant bastard. Frightening to behold.

this whole pay for modding thing doesn't bother me

because i don't play any of the games I buy... and mod them..pffttt ain't nobody got time for that

fuckin nerds

The worst thing about this paid mod thing is that the cut is apparently:

Valve 30 percent

Bethesda:  45 percent

Mod maker:  25 percent

While I think the idea of paid mods stinks, that right there is just ripping off mod makers.  (the ones that make something worth buying anyway)

I wouldn't be surprised if these mod makers start accepting donations in exchange for the mod on steam.  (I guess they can gift them right?).  You pay much less than the Steam price tag, while they still get more money than they would from the 25 percent.

bread's done
Back