Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
That game was originally freeware, but then the dev started charging for it once he fixed it up saying the money would help fund a sequel.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/298180/discussions/0/558754899947701091/

I guess he made enough bank from FNAF to change his mind, or he just gave up on making a sequel to his non-cash cow.

Nuuvem has Sniper Trilogy (Art of Victory, Ghost Warrior 1 & 2) for ~$2.40 (Steam).

There's a GW2 CE but it seems to be missing the same DLC the trilogy is missing and is more $$$.

sgw-trilogy.jpg
Yup, seems to be the case. Both non-CE DLCs were actually 85% off on the IG Store recently as well. ($0.60 for World Hunter, $1.50 for Siberian Strike).

The pricing isn't just messed up on Nuuvem. The CE is $30 on Steam (base game is $20), and the trilogy is also $20.

But yeah, there's no way outside of the trilogy or buying the CE to upgrade.

Also, it seems the first Sniper (Art of Victory) has never been lower than $1 or been bundled. Makes the trilogy price seem not so bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
I started to write a lot of long-winded responses to those championing paid mods on Steam and I erased them each time. It's a very complicated subject and I don't think it was well thought-out. I have been close to many mod projects and have seen what happens behind the scenes for the last fifteen or sixteen years, and I thought my fears were well-founded, but didn't know how to put them into words.

Here's the first bit of fallout from paid mods:

The experiment has failed: my exit from the curated Workshop.

Long story short... taking money for modifications of others' work is a lot more complicated than it seems. Here's a guy who has already had a terrible experience and is looking to further pull away from modding. Also, the money trail is a bit messy. 

It's a good read.

Fake Edit: Killing Floor 2 has updated their EULA to disallow paid mods for that game.

Looks like all the paid Workshop mods have just been removed. Back again, that was weird.

Fake Edit: Killing Floor 2 has updated their EULA to disallow paid mods for that game.
This is interesting.

Paid Mods should not be allowed by default - I mean it's up to the publisher / developer to decide if they're allowed, so why the hell wasn't this already done?

I'd like to point out that the KF devs give 50% of the price of their Community developed DLC packs back to the content creators.
See, that's fair. I don't think anyone would complain about a 50/25/25 split.

50% to the mod creator

25% for original game use (to original dev/publisher)

25% for hosting services/storefront (to Valve)

Is Valve's fee still rather high for what they do? Yeah, but it's Valve, they're not gonna go lower.

after reading this

http://www.pcgamer.com/valve-allows-mod-makers-to-sell-their-creations-on-steam/

The first game to support the new option is The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, which already has 19 paid mods listed for it, ranging in price from 30 cents to $7. The process for selecting them appears to be largely the same as it was for free mods, but now there's an option under the game's "Workshop" tab that allows the selection of either free or paid mods. Paid mods are available immediately after purchase, and creators can charge whatever price they like for them.
Thanks Bestheda.. you guys are D****. Thanks for bringing the concept of DLC into this world via your "horse amor" and now "paid mod".. (shake my head)

and this:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/news/12454/?

I fear for the future of gaming and modding (the key corner stone of PC gaming).

About 40 mods have been hidden in the Skyrim Nexus section since this announcement, most of which are people afraid their mods are going to be stolen and uploaded to Steam for profit......
...many modders release their mods as "modders resources", essentially saying to people "take whatever you want from my mod and use it in yours". The introduction of paid for mods changes that. Some mod authors have already taken their mods down because they're afraid their assets or even their entire mods will be stolen and added to the new Steam Workshop without their permission. Many more have said they are now unsure if they'll ever release another modder's resource again.

I'm was thinking of buying Spelunky, Rogues Legacy & Our Darkest Purpose. Had in cart & all. Then I decided to wait for summer sale.

So bundling delayed, sorry.
Oh we are talking about helping out bundles. Well I just bought Heavy Bullets which was in a higher tier humble bundle so now it can be in a dollar tier. I did the same for Bloodsports.tv. Just doing my part.

Also, it seems the first Sniper (Art of Victory) has never been lower than $1 or been bundled. Makes the trilogy price seem not so bad.
this Sniper Ghost Warrior series is really really really bad. Even if it's bundled for 50 cents, I wouldn't touch it

To say it's a Bad Rat of Sniping game is an understatement. Enemy with super vision and 100% accuracy. Game mechanic is broken. AI is either dumb as a brick or inhumanly aggressive. Cliche story and poor graphic. Overall, just purely bad game.

If you want to try a good Sniper game, try Sniper Elite instead

Nuuvem has Sniper Trilogy (Art of Victory, Ghost Warrior 1 & 2) for ~$2.40 (Steam).

There's a GW2 CE but it seems to be missing the same DLC the trilogy is missing and is more $$$.

sgw-trilogy.jpg
Not true. The Nuveem bundle includes the CE dlc (it's basically what's the Digital Extra is. Soundtrack and exclusive multiplayer skin)

So... Nuuvem has a Batman: Arkham Knight pre-order up for $27.07. Reddit says it's "S. America only" but I can add it to my cart without any browser help (i.e. Hola).

This is very very very very tempting. Am I losing my mind? That's a pretty awesome pre-order price.

So... Nuuvem has a Batman: Arkham Knight pre-order up for $27.07. Reddit says it's "S. America only" but I can add it to my cart without any browser help (i.e. Hola).

This is very very very very tempting. Am I losing my mind? That's a pretty awesome pre-order price.
I thought Nuuvem was dead as they moved to check billing address instead of IP? Or is that just for GTA V?

this Sniper Ghost Warrior series is really really really bad. Even if it's bundled for 50 cents, I wouldn't touch it

To say it's a Bad Rat of Sniping game is an understatement. Enemy with super vision and 100% accuracy. Game mechanic is broken. AI is either dumb as a brick or inhumanly aggressive. Cliche story and poor graphic. Overall, just purely bad game.

If you want to try a good Sniper game, try Sniper Elite instead

Not true. The Nuveem bundle includes the CE dlc (it's basically what's the Digital Extra is. Soundtrack and exclusive multiplayer skin)
I bought it so my Sniper Elite has something to shine in comparison to. ^_~

Yeah... seems to...I got "digital extras" and Steam didn't let me apply my GW2 CE upgrade key. One key for the trilogy btw. Also the "missing the same" was me referencing World Hunter (MP) and Siberian (SP) DLC.

I thought Nuuvem was dead as they moved to check billing address instead of IP? Or is that just for GTA V?
I just bought the pack with:

okl_SnajperSztukaZwyciezania.jpg

from Nuuvem a few hours ago, and I'm in the PRC, the People's Republic of California. No Hola, my normal real verified paypal.

I bought it so my Sniper Elite has something to shine in comparison to. ^_~

Yeah... seems to...I got "digital extras" and Steam didn't let me apply my GW2 CE upgrade key. One key for the trilogy btw. Also the "missing the same" was me referencing World Hunter (MP) and Siberian (SP) DLC.

I just bought the pack with:

okl_SnajperSztukaZwyciezania.jpg

from Nuuvem a few hours ago, and I'm in the PRC, the People's Republic of California. No Hola, my normal real verified paypal.
Seems like it's only those REGION LOCKED text. How long Nuuvem can avoid having to do total lockout?

after reading this

http://www.pcgamer.com/valve-allows-mod-makers-to-sell-their-creations-on-steam/

Thanks Bestheda.. you guys are D****. Thanks for bringing the concept of DLC into this world via your "horse amor" and now "paid mod".. (shake my head)

and this:

I fear for the future of gaming and modding (the key corner stone of PC gaming).
I guess BethSoft + ZeniMax figured they needed to make some money, since ESO freaking bombed. ;)

EDIT:

IIRC, BioWare did have Premium Modules (DLC's) sold via BioWare Store for Neverwinter Nights 1 actually BEFORE Oblivion had Horse Armor.

Seems like it's only those REGION LOCKED text. How long Nuuvem can avoid having to do total lockout?
Ah, haven't done one of those in a while. Also I wouldn't extrapolate too far from GTA V situation. I am more worried about publishers switching to region-locked-keys only for Nuuvem (it's the only "real solution").

I lost my mind. Ah hell. I want that game way too much... Bought.

The price is too good not to fakeybro and play day one (yes, play). The total came to $27.71 with PayPal, so 54% off the Steam $59.99 MSRP. Keys will be available on the release date.

[customspoiler="My Proof:"]
Nuuvem.png

[/customspoiler]

That must have just been GTA V, because I used PayPal and there were no hold ups.

Does Steam just randomly select games from your library to put on the right click notification area menu now? Seems like the last game I played is hardly ever on the list.

So... Nuuvem has a Batman: Arkham Knight pre-order up for $27.07. Reddit says it's "S. America only" but I can add it to my cart without any browser help (i.e. Hola).

Reddit automatically tags all Nuuvem deals with S. America only since it's supposed to be for S. Americans only. Reddit's just doing the bare minimum to look like they're not promoting region-hopping, comments are full of non-South Americans.

That is a very tempting pre-order price. The only issues for me are: A) I don't have a rig that would properly run it at the current specs and B) region locks implemented before release (since you're just pre-ordering)

I'd probably wait 'till closer to release. Only risk is that the pre-order price will change.

I have a very strong concern that Arkham Knight's gonna be the title to get WB to crackdown heavily on Nuuvem stuff though. Way too much "potential money" lost here, and it's the biggest title they've released in a while (aside from MKX, which was apparently ported by some B-team so nobody cares).

Doomsaying aside, shouldn't be any other issues.

Also, nice drawing.

after reading this

and this:

...many modders release their mods as "modders resources", essentially saying to people "take whatever you want from my mod and use it in yours". The introduction of paid for mods changes that. Some mod authors have already taken their mods down because they're afraid their assets or even their entire mods will be stolen and added to the new Steam Workshop without their permission. Many more have said they are now unsure if they'll ever release another modder's resource again.
This really sucks. I didn't expect that Valve, of all companies, would have no problem destroying modding communities. I'd say "hopefully other companies don't follow in Bethesda's footsteps" but it's literally free money for them, so of course they will.

I guess BethSoft + ZeniMax figured they needed to make some money, since ESO freaking bombed. ;)

EDIT:

IIRC, BioWare did have Premium Modules (DLC's) sold via BioWare Store for Neverwinter Nights 1 actually BEFORE Oblivion had Horse Armor.
Yes, and that segues nicely into the BioWare DLC for Mass Effect and DA discussion, BUT at least those modules were produced in-house and pretty decent quality. They weren't sound packs or graphical mods or other ridiculous things.

I lost my mind. Ah hell. I want that game way too much... Bought.

The price is too good not to fakeybro and play day one (yes, play). The final came to $27.71 with PayPal, so 54% off the Steam $59.99 MSRP. Keys will be available on the release date.

That must have just been GTA V, because I used PayPal and there were no hold ups.
Good fakeybro. I'd be tempted too, but a) too broke and b) as with many forthcoming and recent AAAs, I'm in the same boat with Bobby--this bugger would undoubtedly choke my poor machine.

Oh, by the way, Blizzard sent me some Heroes of the Storm closed beta keys, so if anybody wants in on that, shoot me a PM and I'll send you one (I have four).

The Steam Sweatshop controversy has gained so much traction, Gabe Newell [customspoiler="issued a statement"]

459515093_1480451.gif

[/customspoiler]

Reddit automatically tags all Nuuvem deals with S. America only since it's supposed to be for S. Americans only. Reddit's just doing the bare minimum to look like they're not promoting region-hopping, comments are full of non-South Americans.
That makes sense. I kind of figured once I saw the listing page didn't mention anything about a specific region. I remember Nuuvem use to list South and North America restrictions but I haven't seen that posted lately.

That is a very tempting pre-order price. The only issues for me are: A) I don't have a rig that would properly run it at the current specs and B) region locks implemented before release (since you're just pre-ordering)

I'd probably wait 'till closer to release. Only risk is that the pre-order price will change.

I have a very strong concern that Arkham Knight's gonna be the title to get WB to crackdown heavily on Nuuvem stuff though. Way too much "potential money" lost here, and it's the biggest title they've released in a while (aside from MKX, which was apparently ported by some B-team so nobody cares).

Doomsaying aside, shouldn't be any other issues.

Also, nice drawing.
Those are valid issues no doubt. Thankfully my PC is just above the recommended specs but definitely not close to the Ultra level. I'll probably look into finally overclocking my CPU a little bit since I've been running on stock settings since I built it.

I'm not too concerned about the region locks but it could potentially happen I suppose. Nuuvem has been pretty good when I've contacted them in the past and they haven't posted any warnings on the listing page yet. I guess we'll see since we're just about 2 months out from the release date.

As for a potential pre-order price change, I think the next best alternative might be if Nvidia runs another Batman promotion with a new video card purchase. Those tend to run in the $25-30 range on places like eBay. If I do find a cheaper price I have a few friends that I could potentially sell this key to at cost. They're far from CAG-like when it comes to gaming, it's disgusting.

Thanks. The drawing was my G-rated reenactment of what went down. MS Paint did all of the heavy lifting though. :D

This really sucks. I didn't expect that Valve, of all companies, would have no problem destroying modding communities. I'd say "hopefully other companies don't follow in Bethesda's footsteps" but it's literally free money for them, so of course they will.
Maybe people should stop worshiping valve already. They've basically abandoned paying attention to games that aren't Dota 2 or TF2, have made a number of moves that are poorly handled and lack quality control (Greenlight, Early Access, etc), still don't have any sort of refund policy, you are actually LUCKY if you get a response at all when it comes to customer service, and now this. Honestly, I'm surprised it took them this long to start doing this. Valve is a company just like EA or Ubisoft, they're not here to be your friend or make your gaming experience super fucking awesome, they're here to make money. The fact that you didn't "expect" Valve to do this is pretty naive.

If valve starts selling wings and delivering them to my house though i'll take it all back

DarkOne, the owner/admin of NexusMods, made an interesting post late today, well worth a read. Also worth a read is his thoughts a month ago.

About 40 mods have been hidden in the Skyrim Nexus section since this announcement, most of which are people afraid their mods are going to be stolen and uploaded to Steam for profit.
if you're wondering why some mod authors have pulled their mods already, if you think it's silly or a daft knee-jerk reaction, you might want to rethink your position. I'm most definitely not trying to encourage more mod authors to do that, but I won't begrudge them doing it, and I'm also not going to bury my head in the sand and pretend like it isn't happening just so some mod authors don't find out the ugly truth and stick around. I think everyone should know everything there is to know about this. What I'd rather people did was put some pressure on Valve to find a way around this awful idea of profiting off stolen mods. Even if it's a way of refunding money properly instead of it being Steam Wallet money, that'd be a good start. My other idea would be for Valve to offer to donate any money that came from proven stolen mods that have been taken down to charity. That would be an awesome gesture.

Maybe people should stop worshiping valve already. They've basically abandoned paying attention to games that aren't Dota 2 or TF2, have made a number of moves that are poorly handled and lack quality control (Greenlight, Early Access, etc), still don't have any sort of refund policy, you are actually LUCKY if you get a response at all when it comes to customer service, and now this. Honestly, I'm surprised it took them this long to start doing this. Valve is a company just like EA or Ubisoft, they're not here to be your friend or make your gaming experience super fucking awesome, they're here to make money. The fact that you didn't "expect" Valve to do this is pretty naive.

If valve starts selling wings and delivering them to my house though i'll take it all back
You don't need to explain to anyone here that they are trying to make money. There are plenty of things I don't "expect" EA or Ubisoft to do either, and it's not because they're my friends, honest.

I just bit like a rabid dog on that sumbitch. If something does happen and the keys are somehow locked, in my experience, Nuuvem will cancel your order and refund the cash. It's happened twice to me, thus far. Once with Alien isolation, for whatever reason, and I can't remember the other title right now.

Man, I go to the beach and miss such a wonderful shitstorm of activity.

So which side we on?  Pro-horse armor or against horse armor?

I just bit like a rabid dog on that sumbitch. If something does happen and the keys are somehow locked, in my experience, Nuuvem will cancel your order and refund the cash. It's happened twice to me, thus far. Once with Alien isolation, for whatever reason, and I can't remember the other title right now.
This is one of two games this year that I'm really excited about - the other being Persona 5 (well three if you include the surprise hit of the year HuniePop). I'm going to go ahead and take the risk....

Man, I go to the beach and miss such a wonderful shitstorm of activity.

So which side we on? Pro-horse armor or against horse armor?
Official DLC approved by the base-game's dev's - especially if they actually made it themselves - is fine.

I have no problem w/ pay-DLC, pay-Season Passes, and stuff of that stuff that's officially from the game's base-game creators. While item DLC's and copious amounts of meaningless DLC can be annoying - I can always avoid that crap and just go after the content I really want + need.

It's the 3rd party modder-made stuff for sale, where I say "NO!"

I think paid-mods will be way too much of a problem. While it would be nice for modders to be deserving of such compensation for their work + efforts (especially if they put a lot of their work assets, features, and stuff into it) - I think the problems of mod-stealing to sell another's work, even more crazy amounts of $-DLC to try to get up with (this makes it even more impossible than it often already is even w/ official DLC's), and other things can cause a-whole-nother crap-storm entirely. Looks like it already has, as well.

This is the problem w/ making $-mods like it is - b/c it's like the Wild Wild West out there, letting almost anyone sell a mod for a game w/ little to no control from the base-game dev's. It's not like the base-game dev's are being extremely selective here and picking very few great-mods to be sold there. It's not like BethSoft said, "That Nehrim mod for Oblivion - yep, that deserves to be one of the few official pay-mods for Oblivion."

If say the original-game dev's made a update to their base-game and a 3rd party mod you paid for is now broken - well, you're screwed. Enjoy your rental. It's not like Steam's friendly for rolling your game versions backwards or anything of the sort, so you can run an old mod. It also means, now the modder has to update their mod - if they want you to keep using it.

Also, one of the things I've always loved about mods - they are FREE. These are the afterlife for many games, to keep them going well after the game's original + official lifespan. I don't need to sink more $ to get more content - I can just go find it and experiment, seeing what fits my wants + needs.

I wonder if this modding bs will affect Skywind or Skyblivion at all.
Imagine how many people have helped on projects like that. How many of those people would be entirely ticked off if somebody tried to sell their work? Even for the people who would be up for getting paid, how does one decide how much each person deserves? I fear it could potentially rip apart mod teams and severely damage the good will and cooperation amongst those in the modding community.

Anyone that's against the paid mod crap is a straight up unhinged anti free enterprise lunatic that should be put down on sight. Yes, really.

Official DLC approved by the base-game's dev's - especially if they actually made it themselves - is fine.

I have no problem w/ pay-DLC, pay-Season Passes, and stuff of that stuff that's officially from the game's base-game creators. While item DLC's and copious amounts of meaningless DLC can be annoying - I can always avoid that crap and just go after the content I really want + need.

It's the 3rd party modder-made stuff for sale, where I say "NO!"

I think paid-mods will be way too much of a problem. While it would be nice for modders to be deserving of such compensation for their work + efforts (especially if they put a lot of their work assets, features, and stuff into it) - I think the problems of mod-stealing to sell another's work, even more crazy amounts of $-DLC to try to get up with (this makes it even more impossible than it often already is even w/ official DLC's), and other things can cause a-whole-nother crap-storm entirely. Looks like it already has, as well.

This is the problem w/ making $-mods like it is - b/c it's like the Wild Wild West out there, letting almost anyone sell a mod for a game w/ little to no control from the base-game dev's. It's not like the base-game dev's are being extremely selective here and picking very few great-mods to be sold there. It's not like BethSoft said, "That Nehrim mod for Oblivion - yep, that deserves to be one of the few official pay-mods for Oblivion."

If say the original-game dev's made a update to their base-game and a 3rd party mod you paid for is now broken - well, you're screwed. Enjoy your rental. It's not like Steam's friendly for rolling your game versions backwards or anything of the sort, so you can run an old mod. It also means, now the modder has to update their mod - if they want you to keep using it.

Also, one of the things I've always loved about mods - they are FREE. These are the afterlife for many games, to keep them going well after the game's original + official lifespan. I don't need to sink more $ to get more content - I can just go find it and experiment, seeing what fits my wants + needs.
well guys, Valve and Bestheda have heralded a NEW AGE of gaming.

The age of indie/Flashware BullSh*** and Greenlight program(initiated by Valve) are so yesterday. Now, is the age of MOD peddling.

Ya all heard this first here...

Prepare for the new Groupee bundle in a new future: Build a Steam Mod Bundle 1.

p.s. If Valve and the publisher are taking a HUGE chunk of profit from mod sale, they are obligated to "police" and "QA" the mods to make sure that it works, right? RIGHT? Say no one ever... :wall:

I've never quite understood the anti-paying for mods just because they used to be free.  I'm generally anti paying for DLC so I'm not keen on paying for mods just for that reason, but the work they do is certainly worth something.  The only reason mods have always been free is because they rely on copyrighted work the modders do not own so they can't sell it.  Being allowed to mod in itself is the devs/pubs saying we'll let you do something with our copyrighted work and not make a big stink about it.  At least this way some modders can get paid for their work if they choose to.  

The "concern" about people stealing mods and selling them is super overblown.  I'm sure some people will try it just like some people tried listing games on greenlight they didn't own, but it's just one quick report to steam and it will get taken down.  Mod teams can choose to make their mods not-for-profit or split revenue as they wish, it's not that complicated.  The only modder who took down his mod so far did it because he was using someone else's mod work as a framework for his mod and he can't do that without the permission of the other modder.  It's pretty simple and he could easily re-release it again as the free mod it used to be.  The modders hiding their mods for fear of getting stolen are just tin-foil crazies.  

I could imagine how MP-focused titles that had SDK's like Quake 2+3, Unreal series, and RTCW would've survived in this new age of Valve + Bethesda allowing for mod-charging. Every single map, every mod-created new game-mode (like CTF before it become a regular thing dev's put in, Freeze Tag, etc) - would've cost money.

The life-span of those classics would've went way down the crapper, if released under this new Valve + Bethesda mod-charging era.

well, Fox.. then so much for PC master race.  Free modding was the key feature that allow PC gaming stand head and shoulder above other platforms.  I game on PC b/c I see so much value from modding.

with "Paid MOD" aka 3rd party DLC, I see less and less reason to game on PC now.  Might as well re-join the pissants 

well, Fox.. then so much for PC master race. Free modding was the key feature that allow PC gaming stand head and shoulder above other platforms. I game on PC b/c I see so much value from modding.

with "Paid MOD" aka 3rd party DLC, I see less and less reason to game on PC now. Might as well re-join the pissants
Bye

Free modding was the key feature that allow PC gaming stand head and shoulder above other platforms. I game on PC b/c I see so much value from modding.
Agreed.

I could imagine how us PC gamers would feel, if any of these things did actually cost money: DSFix; DPFix; any of Wesp's unofficial patches/mods for Vampire Bloodlines; any of DrogBlackTooth's unofficial patches for Arcanum; any unofficial texture mods for System Shock 2; any unofficial texture mods for Thief 1+2; etc etc.

I'm sure Dark Souls 1 PC would've sold way LESS copies than it did, if DSFix did cost actual $.

I've never quite understood the anti-paying for mods just because they used to be free. I'm generally anti paying for DLC so I'm not keen on paying for mods just for that reason, but the work they do is certainly worth something. The only reason mods have always been free is because they rely on copyrighted work the modders do not own so they can't sell it. Being allowed to mod in itself is the devs/pubs saying we'll let you do something with our copyrighted work and not make a big stink about it. At least this way some modders can get paid for their work if they choose to.

The "concern" about people stealing mods and selling them is super overblown. I'm sure some people will try it just like some people tried listing games on greenlight they didn't own, but it's just one quick report to steam and it will get taken down. Mod teams can choose to make their mods not-for-profit or split revenue as they wish, it's not that complicated. The only modder who took down his mod so far did it because he was using someone else's mod work as a framework for his mod and he can't do that without the permission of the other modder. It's pretty simple and he could easily re-release it again as the free mod it used to be. The modders hiding their mods for fear of getting stolen are just tin-foil crazies.
Agree with the first paragraph (though I think a lot of modders would do it for free regardless of the copyright). Disagree with the second.

The reason modders are hiding their mods is not just because they're afraid someone will republish the entirety of their mod on Steam without their permission for money, but also because some modders provide resources for other modders to build on for their own content (engines and such). These modders are afraid that someone will use their freely provided tools to make mods for profit (which is the same issue people trying to sell mods for profit have faced, but without the readily available legal representation).

This is a valid concern, I wouldn't want someone to take work I put into my mod to make their own thing and profit off of it, like I would be okay with them making free content with it.

Modders also don't have the free time to go through all of the paid mods on Steam to see if the resources they provided are being used to profit without their permission. So the easiest option is to hide them.

Also, this isn't just the publisher saying "we're okay with it", it's them saying "we're okay with it, as long as we can get a 45% cut", which is far too much as far as I'm concerned.

bread's done
Back