Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Thinking about picking up Driver at 75% off... does anyone know the difference between the Deluxe Edition and the regular version? I'm torn on buying a UPlay game because every time I've tried to use the client it crashes on me. If it didn't require it I'd buy it without hesitation.
Just buy the deluxe version, you likely won't see this price again for a very long time.

I know Newegg had FFXIII cheaper, not sure on exact prices though. They're really shitty prices on Steam. 66% off would've been "ok", 50% off is insulting. I want a refund and I haven't even bought it!
These were the prices this past year on Newegg for which I have been waiting again :/

Amazon had these:

Final Fantasy III [amazon.com] $7.99

Final Fantasy IV [amazon.com] $7.99
Final Fantasy VII [amazon.com] $5.99
Final Fantasy VIII [amazon.com] $5.99
Final Fantasy XIII [amazon.com] $7.99

Last edited by a moderator:
Are people actually crafting the summer sale badge? I just decided to sell five or six cards this morning because I didn't foresee myself actually getting enough of them to get the badge and I wasn't sure there was a point to it anyway. Is this a bad idea?
I'm kind of wondering the same thing. Is there really any point to crafting the badge? Selling the cards would get maybe a dollar or so in the Steam Wallet, which isn't a lot, but at least it's something tangible.

We should all buy FF7 and play about halfway through the game then ask for a refund. "Some jerk just joined my game and griefed my best character!" ;)

Doorkickers smells like bundle to me but it seems so interesting. Might be in for it and Deus Ex: The Fall for 1.99. And maybe Icewind Dale because I don't think I own it on GOG even. 

Tempted by the Verdun 4 pack price, but it looks like there's only ~500ish people playing
I like Verdun but I haven't played it since last summer sale. I got it real cheap too because of Russia. Way cheaper than the price it is now.

Kinda tempted by Payday2.. but doubt I'd play it before it goes cheaper. Spelunky is on my wishlist, but that price tells me it might get bundled soon. Contagion has also been on my wishlist for a while, but it seems the development of it has slacked off and there was some sort of drama/inability of the dev to take criticism/review suppression according to the reviews... so maybe I'll pass for now.

Oh and Elite Dangerous finally gets a sale and it's a crap discount.

So, I guess I should ask if anyone here thinks Payday2 is worth it at that price. I mean I have dlc masks for it just waiting to be activated.. that's worth spending money right?!?! Right!??! Regular or GOTY edition?
Spelunky was part of PS+ if anyone has that.

***** SPELUNKY ON SALE KLAXON *****

Seven Days of Spelunky challenge league starts tomorrow!

:whee:
I want to buy it, but knowing I already have it on PS3 and I'll probably suck anyway, I'll have to pass. Maybe next time I will join the challenge.

I'm kind of wondering the same thing. Is there really any point to crafting the badge? Selling the cards would get maybe a dollar or so in the Steam Wallet, which isn't a lot, but at least it's something tangible.
Only if you care about your Steam level and badges. I've cared less and less about them so I am only Steam level 20 something while a lot of others are in the 90s and 100s. I just take the money and use it for stuff like the Dino D-Day DLC I just bought.

My only real consideration today is WWE at $25. 50% off so soon after release means it'll likely hit 75% off soon and maybe MSRP price drop once 16 drops. But will I bitch about it not going on sale for a few months if I don't buy it now? Decisions.

Doorkickers smells like bundle to me but it seems so interesting. Might be in for it and Deus Ex: The Fall for 1.99. And maybe Icewind Dale because I don't think I own it on GOG even.
I loved all the Deus Ex's (ok maybe just liked 2).. but honestly The Fall was pretty bad. I could only play for about an hour and a half. It's a port of a tablet game and feels like it. Also, the "aiming" in the game is bullshit. The bullets go where they want despite aiming at heads.

Thinking about pulling the trigger on Magic 2014 to give to my kids who are into the card game.  Which option is the best one?  I know it's been discussed before, but I'm too lazy to go back and look. :whistle2:

So, I guess I should ask if anyone here thinks Payday2 is worth it at that price. I mean I have dlc masks for it just waiting to be activated.. that's worth spending money right?!?! Right!??! Regular or GOTY edition?
Haven't played it myself so I can't say, but if you're going to buy it you may as well get it from the Humble Bundle E3 Ticket bundle:

https://www.humblebundle.com/twitche3

Currently it's $5.94 and it comes with a bunch of stuff (DLC, a few coupons, and a few other games).

Haven't played it myself so I can't say, but if you're going to buy it you may as well get it from the Humble Bundle E3 Ticket bundle:

https://www.humblebundle.com/twitche3

Currently it's $5.94 and it comes with a bunch of stuff (DLC, a few coupons, and a few other games).
Yeah, I bought into the $1 tier on that.. but Payday2 has such a ton of DLC that I'd be crazy not to get the GOTY version if I did buy it.

Went ahead and picked up Driver. I'm thinking that anything else I may want to buy isn't going to get a good enough discount so that may be it for me this sale. I'm looking at picking up another one of the gazillion survival games on Steam (already picked up 7 Days to Die). Out of these 4 does anybody have any recommendations if they had to pick one?

Stranded Deep

The Forest

Salt

Rising World

So, the Payday 2 GOTY doesn't include any of the DLC that was released this year (looks like 6 packs/heists + a soundtrack), making that slightly less enticing to shove into the backlog.  

Went ahead and picked up Driver. I'm thinking that anything else I may want to buy isn't going to get a good enough discount so that may be it for me this sale. I'm looking at picking up another one of the gazillion survival games on Steam (already picked up 7 Days to Die). Out of these 4 does anybody have any recommendations if they had to pick one?

Stranded Deep

The Forest

Salt

Rising World
I like The Forest a lot. Haven't played any of the other ones yet. Interested in Stranded Deep the most. The Forest has been out the longest too so you can probably get the best feel of where it is and is going in the development.

I like The Forest a lot. Haven't played any of the other ones yet. Interested in Stranded Deep the most. The Forest has been out the longest too so you can probably get the best feel of where it is and is going in the development.
I was kind of leaning towards The Forest since it seems like its the most finished at this point. Hopefully the flash sale at 33% off repeats again.

Stranded Deep

The Forest

Salt

Rising World
Not one of the choices but I'm liking The Long Dark. Might want to check that out if you haven't.

So, the Payday 2 GOTY doesn't include any of the DLC that was released this year (looks like 6 packs/heists + a soundtrack), making that slightly less enticing to shove into the backlog.
Huh, thanks for posting this. Made my decision a lot easier. I'll wait for 75% off the super-ultimate-complete-final pack then.

Actually considering Life is Feudal. Someone please talk some sense into me.
You're buying a product that will never be finished and is utterly unenjoyable at the moment.
Also, there were free keys not too long ago, many have a spare, just ask if you can have one or trade one.

It's been free at least twice (one of the times right here at CAG giveaways). You can probably find a code somewhere cheaper.
Thanks. That ends that. :)

EDIT: Okay, maybe if someone has a spare for $5 I'd be interested. Anyone?

EDIT 2: Ended up getting one for only $3!

Can't decide if I want Grow Home or not. Will it go cheaper than that this year?
Yea, I dont think theres any doubt it hits 66% or 75% by Winter. I'd reckon its also a potential bundle game. Its a cute game and worth playing, but if you're just going to backlog it, no harm in waiting. Worst case it sees the exact same discount again.

Thinking about pulling the trigger on Magic 2014 to give to my kids who are into the card game. Which option is the best one? I know it's been discussed before, but I'm too lazy to go back and look. :whistle2:
I believe the Gold Pack @ $4.99 is the one to get from rummaging through my purchase history.

Stupid question! Payday 2 through the EA ticket is a bad idea, right? Since there is so much outside DLC?
The DLC is overrated for it. You can play any of the heists at any time whether you own it or not as long as someone who does own it is hosting. And really, there's only 2 paid DLC heists. Diamond Heist and Big Bank. The rest of the DLC Heists are all free.

The majority of the DLC is weapons or masks, neither of which are absolutely mandatory to enjoy the game. There's one character DLC too (Clover). IMO the majority of the DLC is superfluous crap. If you plan on playing the game religiously, I would say wait and get all of this stuff b/c it's more useful to someone who puts hours and hours into the game, but if you plan on playing it casually its not necessary.

Trying to talk myself out of spending around $55 Canadian on Batman for PS4, can someone tell me what the best price on PC is right now? If its way cheaper I could talk myself out of spending more due to the cheap ass blood running through my veins.

bread's done
Back