Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
No, I meant 470/SG#1, the room that JohnHarker and I were in with others. That room was initially listed as official, then it was called out as being a "fake" room, then Steam shit the bed and we lost about 200 scriptors in the process. We were behind almost everyone for a while there.
That was one wild and crazy ride. My browser must have crashed a handful of times & I managed to "restore" my session and jump back in.

At one point Steam just DIED & the YOWormhole guys announced... "Don't click Play Game wait for Resume to show up. "

It was hella fun. I could only imagine how exhausting this was for the coders.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chainsaw Warrior is a terrible game and I'm probably going to BTA to get Lords of the Night just to try it because I am a stupid sack of crap. Much like Talisman, it's a faithful remake of an atrocious dice rolling time-waster. Only here you can't sucker other people into wasting a huge amount of time.

I would Un-Like this post if I could. (Edit: I have 2 Dells @ Work)
Not gonna lie, this Dell has served me faithfully for far, far longer than I expected and has performed remarkably.

Also I've never built a computer and don't know how.

And I never will. Deal with it.

Not gonna lie, this Dell has served me faithfully for far, far longer than I expected and has performed remarkably.

You and Mooby would get along. He has a yearly membership at Best Buy's Geek Squad to get personalized Geek support 24-7.

Off topic question. My hard drive with win 7 died on me today. Since I'm going to need to reinstall an os I'm thinking I might as well just install win 10 and get it over with. I should have a free upgrade to windows 10(icon for the free upgrade showed up for me before the crash but I hadn't reserved it yet). Problem is I need an os now and win 10 release isn't until July 29th. Seems kind of dumb to reinstall win 7 now and then reformat and install win 10 in a month. Could I install the preview version now and then enter my win 7 key to upgrade when it comes out? I'm also thinking about maybe dual booting win 7 and 10.

Any advice?

Off topic question. My hard drive with win 7 died on me today. Since I'm going to need to reinstall an os I'm thinking I might as well just install win 10 and get it over with. I should have a free upgrade to windows 10(icon for the free upgrade showed up for me before the crash but I hadn't reserved it yet). Problem is I need an os now and win 10 release isn't until July 29th. Seems kind of dumb to reinstall win 7 now and then reformat and install win 10 in a month. Could I install the preview version now and then enter my win 7 key to upgrade when it comes out? I'm also thinking about maybe dual booting win 7 and 10.

Any advice?
The 10 upgrade can be an in-place upgrade. So you'd just install 10 without deleting anything.

In theory.

Oh, Dells are good PCs.

I was hoping that by my comment "(Edit: I have 2 Dells @ Work)" you'd understand that I just don't want to look @ the same box @home as @work. I seem to get a new Dell Desktop Workstation every 1 - 1.5 years and new Dell Laptop every 2 years. They're for CAD, and I abuse the laptop. They just keep a ticking. The only other notebooks I have seen take this much abuse are the IBM/Lennovo Stinkpads.

Any advice?
You should be able to install Windows 7, then migrate to Windows 10 automatically when it first comes out without needing to reformat. Vista to 7 worked that way, I think 7 to 8 did, and 8 to 8.1 does. You'll be able to use your new hard drive and keep your settings.

Also, since your drive died, you might want to run a live copy of Linux from USB and retrieve the data by mounting the dead drive.

I am just playing Deadly Premonition on steam is this thing broken lol it is unplayable
Back-up your game's original EXE somewhere (or rename it), just in case we need to need to revert to it.

Make sure you get a LAA program and use it to make the EXE recognize 4GB RAM - to help it run better.

And make sure you also get DPFix - so you can run the game above 720p.

And when you get the chance to save, save it - b/c after about an hour or so, it will crash. Probably has a memory leak bug of some kind.

I feel like I totally missed out a great deal on this one.
Wasn't on sale otherwise I would have bought it hah.
Not worth it. The same company has a cheaper, and better richii mahjong game on Android (maybe iOS too) called Mahjong Nagomi.

I'd much rather do a clean install of win 10.
I don't think you can. You need to either have Win7/Win8 installed and install over it, or have Win10 preview and permanently enable beta patches.

Edit: I think from 7->8, or 8preview->8, or 8->8.1, it basically does do a fresh install after moving your old Windows to a new directory. I think. It's been a couple of years.

With the new system of two hours before Steam cards drop, I can barely bring myself to idle.

I may have to start actually *shudder* playing the games to get drops.

This is not good. 
ab3t5i.gif

So in other PC news, even if 99% of the people reading this won't care, the latest GOG Galaxy finally recognizes my Witcher 3 as valid and fully updated.

I'm actually more excited about this than the Steam sale.

You should be able to install Windows 7, then migrate to Windows 10 automatically when it first comes out without needing to reformat. Vista to 7 worked that way, I think 7 to 8 did, and 8 to 8.1 does. You'll be able to use your new hard drive and keep your settings.

Also, since your drive died, you might want to run a live copy of Linux from USB and retrieve the data by mounting the dead drive.
Thanks. I'm trying to work on that now. I'm downloading knoppix right now. Any advice? I'm afraid it's a lost cause since my bios doesn't even see the drive. It was an old ssd if that matters at all.

Not worth it. The same company has a cheaper, and better richii mahjong game on Android (maybe iOS too) called Mahjong Nagomi.

I don't think you can. You need to either have Win7/Win8 installed and install over it, or have Win10 preview and permanently enable beta patches.

Edit: I think from 7->8, or 8preview->8, or 8->8.1, it basically does do a fresh install after moving your old Windows to a new directory. I think. It's been a couple of years.
That sucks. Maybe dual boot is the best option.

You and Mooby would get along. He has a yearly membership at Best Buy's Geek Squad to get personalized Geek support 24-7.
I actually go to Rent-A-Nerd for my computing needs. Also considering the Chainsaw Warrior pack but... it's on Humble store... will be in tomorrow's Humble guaranteed!

Just installed the Catalyst 15.6 beta drivers. I'll have to wait until tomorrow to see if Arkham Knight makes my GPU cry.  :whistle2:(

BOLD prediction: It will probably cry itself to sleep.

Just installed the Catalyst 15.6 beta drivers. I'll have to wait until tomorrow to see if Arkham Knight makes my GPU cry. :whistle2:(

BOLD prediction: It will probably cry itself to sleep.
Its rough right now regardless of drivers. Both Nvidia and AMD users are reporting issues. Unless they drop a patch between now and then, follow some of the tips in here:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/208650/discussions/0/594821545178755667/

I havent benchmarked anything yet as I just wanted to give it a quick go and combat was not fluid until I applied some of these changes in that thread. Its definitely playable now but I havent checked FPS or any of that. Just an eye test. The biggest annoyances to me thus far are a persistent film grain (can't be disabled yet) and a motion blur that also has no native way to adjust and some of the config changes to motion blur will crash it, so you just have to play with things. I havent had the time to put in yet. Dont be surprised if you have issues. Another borked Batman launch. I'm just glad I got it cheap lol.

That said, up close it really looks good. It has some pop to it and the city is rendered great. Once they iron out the kinks it'll sing.

2v8qv6e.jpg

I preordered Arkham Knight and A Realm Reborn's expansion and bought way too much crap before and during the Summer Seal and yet I am playing Rift, a years-old MMO in decline.  I seriously need help.  

Also nice 37% positive review score right now for Arkham Knight on Steam.  I smell a great port!  

On preview... yeah sounds like I will wait for a patch or two for Batman.  I... um, need to play City first anyway.  And maybe even replay the first one.  I remember nothing about it.  Yeah I preordered it and still have City backlogged.  I've been more stupid than usual with my game purchases lately.  

I preordered Arkham Knight and A Realm Reborn's expansion and bought way too much crap before and during the Summer Seal and yet I am playing Rift, a years-old MMO in decline. I seriously need help.

Also nice 37% positive review score right now for Arkham Knight on Steam. I smell a great port!

On preview... yeah sounds like I will wait for a patch or two for Batman. I... um, need to play City first anyway. And maybe even replay the first one. I remember nothing about it. Yeah I preordered it and still have City backlogged. I've been more stupid than usual with my game purchases lately.
Play City before playing the new one. If anything it buys you some time so by the time you're ready for Arkham Knight, the kinks will be worked out. City's brilliant anyway.

Yea, a lot of people are just using the reviews to complain right now. I can already tell that theres a quality game under here and it doesnt seem as hopeless as AC Unity seemed (altho that worked well for me once the new drivers came out during the first week), but they didn't optimize this game well and its obvious.

Also nice 37% positive review score right now for Arkham Knight on Steam. I smell a great port!
If you read the "reviews", they are all "wah, my game doesn't run at (insert expected performance level here) and Batman kicked my dog!"

I've only played 81 minutes, but it feels rock solid to me (NVidia) and looks amazing. The Batmobile is a fun addition and I think I'm going to enjoy the game -- we'll see.

But yeah, if you haven't played one of the previous games, just go do that and wait to see what kind of performance increases they can pump out via drivers or patches. It's not at all a "bad" port, but it's certainly demanding on the hardware.

Back-up your game's original EXE somewhere (or rename it), just in case we need to need to revert to it.

Make sure you get a LAA program and use it to make the EXE recognize 4GB RAM - to help it run better.

And make sure you also get DPFix - so you can run the game above 720p.

And when you get the chance to save, save it - b/c after about an hour or so, it will crash. Probably has a memory leak bug of some kind.
Which exe the launcher or the direct one?? Any good LAA programs??

I preordered Arkham Knight and A Realm Reborn's expansion and bought way too much crap before and during the Summer Seal and yet I am playing Rift, a years-old MMO in decline. I seriously need help.

On preview... yeah sounds like I will wait for a patch or two for Batman. I... um, need to play City first anyway. And maybe even replay the first one. I remember nothing about it. Yeah I preordered it and still have City backlogged. I've been more stupid than usual with my game purchases lately.
Definitely play City first, the beginning of Arkham Knight will spoil the ending of it if you haven't played it.

Also, you should definitely check out Heavensward since you bought it already, it's pretty good.

Batman looks gorgeous and I really hope they fix the kinks soon. Irritates me that I can barely get 30-40FPS on low settings on my 980. After MKX I thought for sure WB learned their lesson, I was dead wrong.

Batman's gonna be 66% off by the Winter Sale anyways. What's the hurry?

Also, our Seven Days of Spelunky challenge ends today. Why do I keep searching for GPU deals when half the time I seem to just play pixel platformers?!

Pre-emptive congratulations to Hal (current leader) or Shrinerr (yet to attempt Day 7 by the looks of it)

Which exe the launcher or the direct one?? Any good LAA programs??
DP.exe - the actual game EXE for DP.

For 4GB File Adjustment - You could use NTCore's CFF Explorer or it actually even would be easier to just use their 4GB Patching Program.

Before you even think of messing w/ the EXE - make a copy of the original as your backup. I usually keep the original file in the folder and rename it - i.e. make a copy of "DP.exe" and rename your copy to "DP - Original 2GB.exe".

Now, let's tinker w/ the original DP.EXE.

If you're using CFF Explorer (this is what I used), while in the program you open the game-file EXE you want to modify, which is DP.EXE in this case > go to File Header > Characteristics where it says "Click here" > then check box for making the "App can handle > 2 GB RAM address space".

That'll do the trick.

Also, to help - I did also afterwards Disable Desktop Comp + Disable Visual Themes + Run as Admin in the DP.exe's properties.

Go to Steam's game-folder for DP; right click on DP.exe; switch to Compatibility Mode; & check all above-mentioned stuff.

This won't fix all the issues, but at least that should fix the game so it will likely run for quite a bit longer (i.e. an hour or two or more) before it decides to crash instead of what it did before (i.e. 20-40 minutes for me).

Save as much as you can - especially if you've just finished quests or missions; find a checkpoint while in a main mission especially; or whatever.

Good luck.

Arkham City's great - you should go play that.

Damn shame about all the technical + performance issues Arkham Knight PC seems to have with it currently. At least w/ Arkham City upon release - if you had DX10 performance issues (which I did, not too long after it launched), flipping it back to DX9 mode solved the issue entirely (much better performance w/ that mode, back then). Here, looks like most people are having issues w/ AK, even w/ high-end vid-cards. Bleh.

Arkham Origins is nowhere even close to as great as Arkham Asylum + Arkham City - but, it's still basically more Batman Arkham + is worth your time. Though, I will mention - I really did like the Cold Cold Heart DLC.

The Witcher 3 is a much bigger and prettier game and I get better performance on that game than I do on Arkham Knight.

It's not a deal breaker for me though, ever since I built this PC I spend too much time caring about what a game looks like rather than just actually playing the game. I'm sure I'm gonna love this game and they'll most likely get a patch out soon.

The Witcher 3 is a much bigger and prettier game and I get better performance on that game than I do on Arkham Knight.

It's not a deal breaker for me though, ever since I built this PC I spend too much time caring about what a game looks like rather than just actually playing the game. I'm sure I'm gonna love this game and they'll most likely get a patch out soon.
...And AAA companies for PC versions keep giving us PC gamers more reasons to just NOT pre-order or NOT buy the game ASAP; and instead just wait to buy their game until things get ironed out.

With things like BS pre-order extras specific to different retailers/digital store; performance issues galore upon release; game needs more patches behind it before it runs worthwhile for many PC games; games w/ possible game-breaking bugs/quest completing bugs/things of that; Steam Sales (and other digital stores) likely eventually will happen much later; very possible a Re-released Edition w/ all DLC is planned; might be possible for a Remastered HD Edition w/ ALL DLC; etc etc.

I read that fallout 4 will be locked at 30 fps (1080p) for consoles but not have limitations for pc ; yeah!
Same here.

Let's hope all goes well w/ that + the FO4 PC doesn't require the sun, moon and stars aligned to run worth a damn.

EDIT:

Looks like CAG 3.0 don't like me throwing in Twitter links as is.

Fixed.

bread's done
Back